• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your quick and prompt reply.

Atleast from your feedback i now know that Corner lots are in the price range of Rm 480-520k

I just wish you could point me out to some information on the internet where you have pictures of NI or their showhouses or basically any information.

Its good that this thread has contributors willing to bare all and share all...

I think this thread will serve as a Reference Point for those wanting to start out on JB a mini encyclopedia of sorts right?

Thanks dude.... Wish you happiness in your new home. Congratulations for being bold and courageous to make the shift just like us.

That's why like I mentioned before, it's really unfortunate that NI doesn't have its own website and information on it is sparse especially when I was looking a few months back. I did stumble across a couple of blogs (via Google) of people who bought and are staying at the older precincts (e.g. 5 and 6).

This one is the most detailed blog of someone who bought a house in Precinct 5 - http://idamanjr.blogspot.com/

This is the forum for people who bought Precint 6 - http://nusaidamanphase6.lefora.com/2010/04/12/introduction-of-nusa-idaman-phase-6/

As for Precinct 8 (or Phase 8A as it is now), there's no dedicated site for it yet. And I don't think I'll be uploading any pictures of our excursions there.

I did come across this website recently that has a good overview of the entire Taman Nusa Idaman (with maps and links to the various precincts) - http://www.thissit.com/Projects-Taman-Nusa-Idaman-Project-39.aspx

Hope those links help give people a better idea of NI :smile:

Last edited:

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
got this from 1 of the site

Malaysian developers Dijaya Corp Bhd and Iskandar Water Front Sdn Bhd will jointly build a RM3.8 million (US$1.2 billion) mixed-use project on two pieces of prime waterfront land in Danga Bay, Johor Baru, the Malaysian Business Times has reported.

Goldhill Quest Sdn Bhd, a joint-venture between Nagasari Cerdas Sdn Bhd (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dijaya Corp) and Global Corporate Development Bhd (which is wholly-owned by Iskandar Waterfront Sdn Bhd), purchased the land yesterday from Danga Bay Sdn Bhd for RM308 million (US$97.3 million) or RM190 (US$60) per square foot.

The two parcels of land total 14.8 hectares – one of the biggest private land deals since the inception of the Iskandar Malaysia special economic zone.

Dijaya, which is known for its Tropicana Golf and Country Resort in Petaling Jaya, plans to develop the parcels into prime commercial, residential, and leisure properties.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman, the grand minister of Johor state where Iskandar is located, said that the sale was a sign that Malaysian companies were starting to play a major part in the area’s development. “It’s an interesting investment trend as we at Iskandar Malaysia had started with those from the Middle East and Europe and countries such as South Korea. Now there seems to be a flurry of investment enquiries among the local companies. We are now looking at a potentially good mix of foreign and local investments in Iskandar Malaysia.”

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi but even if a person has just one unit for own stay its still great cause atleast they know their property has appreciated. (Remember the naysayers always insisted that JB was and will be a lose lose proposition)

And even if you intend to hand over the assets to your kids its still a win win proposition cause your kids get an asset which has appreciated in value.

Right?

My 2c worth

And i think quite a few of us have brought not to flip but to escape from the soaring cost of living in Spore (especially when retirement dawns)

Sure, yes. Its looking to be different now.

For some, its no real difference as they have one unit just for own stay.
For me though no real difference for reselling as the properties i have here are meant for my kids.

The only good thing for us is probably the rental market.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No bro i was referring to the East West Line....Pasir Ris to Joo Koon will be extended to reach the 2nd Link (Tuas Checkpoint) by 2015

Are you referring to the Coastal Highway extending out from Danga Bay area to Nusajaya? That stretch will be ready by end 2011 according to this site: http://www.iskandarwaterfront.com/projects/projects_costal_highway.html

Does this mean that the highway will then be extended to connect with the highway to Tuas by 2015?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh Prof, of course. No one wants their property to appreciate. Its just that i am not so bothered by it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Prof, probably not, different market, the ripple effect is no longer as great as it was in the past. Their government also did a lot to curb speculation.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Autoroam, what i heard was its going to be very expensive for the Puteri Harbour and my neighbour is only keen on this one and nothing else even though he has been to their showrooms, etc.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Tightens Loan Limits to Cool Housing Market

Singapore increased down payments for second mortgages and imposed a stamp duty on property held for less than three years to curb speculation after home prices surged 38 percent in the second quarter.

Buyers who hold more than one mortgage can only borrow up to 70 percent of a property’s value, versus 80 percent previously, and must pay 10 percent in cash, up from 5 percent, the government said in a statement today. A seller’s stamp duty will apply to all residential units and land sold within three years of purchase, from one year. The changes take effect today.

Singapore joins Hong Kong and China in introducing measures this year to cool their property markets amid concerns that asset bubbles are forming as home prices surge. Hong Kong said this month it will tighten mortgage lending rules and increase the supply of land, while China’s restrictions include higher down payments and mortgage rates for multiple-home buyers.

“The government is taking a preemptive approach to make sure prices don’t get out of hand,” said Donald Han, a Singapore-based managing director at real estate adviser Cushman & Wakefield Inc. “Most of the measures are really targeting repeat buyers and speculators who buy and sell over the short term, which is now defined as within three years.”

Stocks, Bonds

CapitaLand Ltd., Southeast Asia’s biggest developer, dropped 1 percent to S$3.96 as of 1:15 p.m. in Singapore trading, while the benchmark Straits Times Index rose 0.6 percent. City Developments Ltd., the island’s second-largest developer by market value, fell 3.2 percent to S$11.58, headed for its biggest decline since February.

CapitaLand’s S$250 million ($185 million) in 4.35 percent notes due 2019 fell to 101.88 cents on the dollar from 102.48 cents on Aug. 27, the lowest in about two weeks, according to Standard Chartered Plc prices. City Developments’ S$90 million in 2.92 percent notes due 2014 fell to 101.68 cents, the lowest since Aug. 10, according to DBS Group Holdings Ltd.

Property prices have surged as Singapore’s $182 billion economy rebounded from last year’s global slump to expand at a record 17.9 percent pace in the six months through June.

The city-state has been attempting to rein in home prices since last year when the government barred interest-only loans for some housing projects and stopped allowing developers to absorb interest payments for apartments still being built.

Previous Measures

The government in February said it will levy a seller’s stamp duty on all residential properties and land that are sold within one year from the date of purchase. The city-state then also lowered the loan-to-value limit to 80 percent from 90 percent for all housing loans provided by financial institutions regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

The island nation’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong yesterday said previous measures failed to keep prices in check.

“We twice attempted to cool the property market, once last year and once in February this year, but the prices are still rising,” Lee said in a televised speech. “Our purpose is to make sure in the long term, Singaporeans can own their homes and afford it and it will be a gradually appreciating asset which will grow as Singapore grows.”

Singapore’s property market would form a bubble if the current momentum continued, Mah Bow Tan, Minister of National Development, said today after the measures.

Prices Surge

“The property market is currently very buoyant,” the government said in the latest statement. “The government’s objective is to ensure a stable and sustainable property market where prices move in line with economic fundamentals.”

Singapore private residential prices rose 38 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

The island led 36 markets around the world in property- value changes last quarter, gaining 34 percent from a year earlier, according to the Global Property Guide in its survey of house prices.

Price levels have exceeded the historical peak in the second quarter of 1996, the government said today.

The government expects gross domestic product to grow 13 percent to 15 percent this year after the nation in 2009 exited its worst recession since independence 45 years ago.

‘Severe Implications’

“Should economic growth falter and the market corrects, property buyers could face capital losses, with implications on their own finances and the economy as a whole,” the government said. “Moreover, the current low global interest rate environment will not continue indefinitely, and higher interest rates could have severe implications for buyers who have overextended themselves.”

Malaysia’s central bank has written to financial institutions to get their feedback on the possibility of capping the loan-to-value ratio for mortgages at 80 percent, the Edge weekly reported Aug. 28, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
In brief:

* Buyers of 2nd homes can borrow up to 70 pct, from 80 pct

* Stamp duty on sellers who buy and sell within 3 years

* Aimed at speculators, won't hurt home buyers - analyst

* Singapore property stocks fall on new measures

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia plans to act too based on the above posts to cap mortgages at 80%.

So could there be a flush of capital into Malaysia to invest now that the rules are yet to be applied?

Who knows!!!

When the economy overheats (with no strong fundamentals) as i have always mentioned before it is time for governments to act.

Any rise in value has to be in proportion to the strengthening of the fundamentals of the economy

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi btw i need your help on finding contacts of someone who can sell me conifers (pine) trees?

I wan a Chrismassy feel around my home. I have always loved pine trees since i was a child...

The contact that someone gave me earlier regarding the guy at Plentong is only for grass and soil (i found out)

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi btw i need your help on finding contacts of someone who can sell me conifers (pine) trees?

I wan a Chrismassy feel around my home. I have always loved pine trees since i was a child...

The contact that someone gave me earlier regarding the guy at Plentong is only for grass and soil (i found out)

I guess your contact was from Cowgrass' chap ! The two nusery from Bukit Indah to Sutera mall both have pine tree. First one near a chinese temple on the left, second one after Bestmart on the right (many time you see fruit stall by its side).

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha cowgrass chap!!!

I know Bukit Indah... Now trying to figure out which road goes from bukit indah to sutera mall.....

Not 100% familiar with the area

Care to give me some more directions or some contact nos should you have?

Really sorry to bother you

I guess your contact was from Cowgrass' chap ! The two nusery from Bukit Indah to Sutera mall both have pine tree. First one near a chinese temple on the left, second one after Bestmart on the right (many time you see fruit stall by its side).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh Prof, of course. No one wants their property to appreciate. Its just that i am not so bothered by it.

Correction on the earlier typo:
One would of course want their property to appreciate. Its just that i am not so bothered by it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its the road to Nusa Bestari. Turn left when you see Allianz bank at the intersection. If you turn left correctly, you will be passing Tesco on your left and Giant on your right (opposite)

Just drive straight ahead, all the way, you can't miss it. :smile:

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, looking at some properties to buy for investment, holding period to be at least next 3 yrs..

I have a malaysian company, so probably will buy them in company name. Am looking at rental yields to cover monthly mortgage installments and hopefully capital gains when i dispose them off in 3 years time.

Am looking at KL condo units, what your call on them?

Other than KL, i am also exploring Aussie ppties. Any experts here, sorry if i defray from the main topic of JB ppty.

Cheers

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw bros, my malaysian company is only 6 months old and i dun reckon bank will grant a housing loan base on the fact that its only a 6 mnths old company.

Any idea for e,g if we put down more cash as downpayment, the loan will sure be approved? For example a 500k rm , we put says 100k rm as downpayment and loan the rest, u tink bank will sure approve?

Sorry for all the questions, hope someone here can provide guidance..

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Today just went back to my desired home for quotation and measurement by the contractor and was approach by a guy name Alex I think. Whom claim to be from Horizon Hill Town Committee. When asked that I was trying to get my own contractor to do up my home he mention that I need to pay RM$1k for deposit or something. Also need to update him with my contractor name n contact (this I know for security sake) the so call extra cash. Can I chk with u is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.