• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel we cant compare JB with KL.

KL is the capital of Msia and in many ways its a self supporting economy. In the sense you have jobs there as a result of which people are able to buy high end homes. So even if prices sky rocket in KL obviously the fundamentals exist for KL and hence very unlikely that there will be a crash in KL prices. In fact i see KL prices going further up even if there is a temp stop in appreciation.

The biggest problem with MAlaysia is they focussed on solely developing KL at the expense of other cities (Unlike China and India where you have tier 2 and tier 3 cities and where the growth rate is in exponential terms in the tier 2 and tier 3 cities ----- recent study)

As a result JB for the moment does not have strong fundamentals to be a self sustaining economy. It may get to this stage in the next 15-20 years not for now. As a result JB relies on the spillover effect from Spore essentially (for now). That does not mean there are no Johoreans who wanna live in JB or that JB people are not rich or that there are no jobs in JB. Its just that the JB economy now relies on spill over from Spore. Ofcourse the govt of Msia is now building the fundamentals for a strong future for JB. This actually should have been done 20 years ago.

Land are aplenty in JB, properties aplenty too but those with good location, accessibility and amenities will always have value. Its only starting to be expensive and the bubble is only forming now, even those who are getting in now or just got in, they won't be too affected as prices have not gone so high up yet as its just starting to reach KL standards. With the money to buy a 3 room flat in SG, you can still get a very decent place in JB.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come 10% of property price is only RM 1000

I've gotten lots of useful information from this thread and so am more than happy to do my part to contribute. Also it's a way of tracing our own personal experience :smile:

OK. Here's the sequence of monetary expenses we've had to fork out so far:
1. RM1000 as initial booking deposit to developer paid via SGD cheque on 1st visit.
2. 10% of property price (- RM1000) to developer for 1st payment via SGD cheque within 1 month of signing.
3. RM11000 (i.e. RM10500 levy + RM500 associated lawyer fees) via telex 2 weeks after that.
4. RM6+K for MLTA to insurance company via credit card same week as telex transfer (payment for 1st year, subsequent payments split to twice per year).
5. RM1000 (i.e. RM500 set up fee + RM500 initial deposit) to open savings account at Malaysian bank for depositing housing loan installments. Personally go down to bank to open account 2 weeks after loan approval.

Everything's pretty straightforward and no hidden costs at all so far.
Next expected outlay will be the 2nd payment of 10% to developer, maybe within 2 weeks from now? Also the monthly loan installments to confirm with bank when to start putting in. Will update soon :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, fun? I am sorry, i don't know of any though i have heard of Taman Sentosa area(pretty dodgy area)

There are also some pubs in the Sutera area near Kingston hotel.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, fun? I am sorry, i don't know of any though i have heard of Taman Sentosa area(pretty dodgy area)

There are also some pubs in the Sutera area near Kingston hotel.

Thanks for info.:smile:

Are the so-called pubs actually call chicken places with rooms on top ??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for info.:smile:

Are the so-called pubs actually call chicken places with rooms on top ??

I am not sure but we saw there are lots of ladies there.

I heard there are also some special massage areas but this is being a wholesome thread, i think it will be easier if you check through Sam's other website.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur right wuqi!!

These issues are best avoided in this thread. And you have rightly advised to check Sams other website.

I am not sure but we saw there are lots of ladies there.

I heard there are also some special massage areas but this is being a wholesome thread, i think it will be easier if you check through Sam's other website.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Wuqi agree with you that they are leaving no stone unturned this time as far as JB is concerned. They have finally realised that Malaysia is not KL and KL is not Malaysia....

Its good Wuqi cause we all stand to benefit from any upswing in the real estate in JB

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks... Could you give us more information such as did you buy intermediate or terrace. Whats the price like?

I purchased the corner lot. Our row has around 10 link house units, with 6 to 7 units from corner/end lot to another end lot. The price ranges around RM480-520K for corner lots. End lots can fetch around RM430+K and intermediate lots were priced at around RM390+K. From what I gather most if not all the corner lots have been sold.

We were told that sales is pretty slow at the moment due to the hungry ghost month and Ramadhan (and soon Hari Raya).
Btw they've already started building the next set of show houses (semi-D and units from Phase 8B) when we visited the sales office recently, but they couldn't tell us when the launch for those units will take place though.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes Wuqi agree with you that they are leaving no stone unturned this time as far as JB is concerned. They have finally realised that Malaysia is not KL and KL is not Malaysia....

Its good Wuqi cause we all stand to benefit from any upswing in the real estate in JB

Sure, yes. Its looking to be different now.

For some, its no real difference as they have one unit just for own stay.
For me though no real difference for reselling as the properties i have here are meant for my kids.

The only good thing for us is probably the rental market.

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am checkin these 2 waterfront development
1. Danga Bay - http://www.dangabay.com/
is located in Flagship A: Johor Bahru City
2. Puteri Harbour - http://www.uemland.com/projects/puteriharbour.htm
whereas, is located Flagship B: Nusajaya

Both projects seems good but which is a better waterfront project.
Any bro can shine some light......

Checked out
Danga Bay - Danga Bay is an integrated waterfront development within Iskandar Malaysia covering approximately 450 acres. Set to dominate the financial, commercial, residential, educational, tourism and leisure sectors, this "Vision City of the South" has all the makings of a luxury lifestyle centre - that include an international financial and commercial centre, a multi-model terminal and other iconic developments. As an oasis along the coast of Johor Bahru, Danga Bay is one of the must-visit sites in the south of Peninsular Malaysia. The name Danga Bay is synonymous with luxury, high standards and exclusivity. This prime waterfront city offers an integrated and sophisticated lifestyle for all ages with a wide range of attraction. Every year, many interesting events which incorporates fireworks are held there especially during festive seasons. A vision city in the making, the development comprises of five precincts. Each precincts has its own distinct planning mixture to reflect the development intent. These parcels will be constructed in phases.

Puteri Harbour - Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya. This waterfront precinct, is an integrated waterfront and marina development that spans 688 acres offering a panoramic view of the Straits of Johor. Puteri Harbour redefines luxury living and offers boundless real estate benefits to the astute investor. Located adjacent to Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), Puteri Harbour will be a unique luxurious lifestyle community, offering the experience of exceptional waterfront living, dining, entertainment, the arts and culture in a safe and picture postcard natural setting.

It is an ideal location for global or regional commerce and events, with state-of-the-art facilities and a business-friendly environment that will create world-class personal or business investment opportunities.

Puteri Harbour’s development components comprise waterfront residential (prime waterfront properties), commercial development (offices and retail shops), FAME ( Food & beverage outlets, Arts, Music and Entertainment), transportation hub (water transport terminal for water taxis and ferry, bus terminal, tram and LRT station), a marina (berthing, chandlery and accommodation facilities for boaters, yachters, boat/yacht charter owners/operators and water sports owners/operators) and a Cultural Park initiated and owned by the Johor State Government.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
autoroam, there's another up coming one - http://www.senibongcove.my/en/

Australian Developer:

Welcome to your
Malaysian East Coast Sanctuary

Senibong Cove is a master-planned integrated residential, tourism and marina estate created on 200 acres of land that stretches from the new East Coast Highway to the Straits of Johor. The phased development will include new residential neighbourhoods surrounded by parks, cycle and walking tracks in a secure and gated community. With a foreshore hosting an international-standard Yacht Club and restaurants, residents will experience a truly sophisticated lifestyle. Waterfront homes will have boat access to the marina, Lunchoo River and the Straits of Johor. Register your interest now and take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Within beautiful tropical landscaping, secured neighbourhoods will deliver an idyllic “gardens and waterways” style of living for families and their guests. In this gated community at Senibong Cove residents enjoy peaceful lives, confident that unobtrusive security is protecting their investments and their privacy around the clock

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Personally i would go for this one, my learned neighbour is also keen for this:

Puteri Harbour - Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya.Government.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your quick and prompt reply.

Atleast from your feedback i now know that Corner lots are in the price range of Rm 480-520k

I just wish you could point me out to some information on the internet where you have pictures of NI or their showhouses or basically any information.

Its good that this thread has contributors willing to bare all and share all...

I think this thread will serve as a Reference Point for those wanting to start out on JB a mini encyclopedia of sorts right?

Thanks dude.... Wish you happiness in your new home. Congratulations for being bold and courageous to make the shift just like us.

I purchased the corner lot. Our row has around 10 link house units, with 6 to 7 units from corner/end lot to another end lot. The price ranges around RM480-520K for corner lots. End lots can fetch around RM430+K and intermediate lots were priced at around RM390+K. From what I gather most if not all the corner lots have been sold.

We were told that sales is pretty slow at the moment due to the hungry ghost month and Ramadhan (and soon Hari Raya).
Btw they've already started building the next set of show houses (semi-D and units from Phase 8B) when we visited the sales office recently, but they couldn't tell us when the launch for those units will take place though.

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks to Bro toyohon & Wuqi256 for your feedback...

Understand Danga Bay is by Australia Developer, which is plus point
where Puretri Harbour by UEMLand a local developer but their development is a bigger 1

I know that Danga Bay houses will be ready by 2012 as agent claim
but no news from Puretri Harbour has just the Marina and stop

Bro Wuqi, do you have any info from learned neighour of yours on this
and also the prices as Dangi Bay is abt RM500k

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
US new home sales plunge to lowest levels since 1963
(AFP) – 2 days ago

Another recession looming?

How will this impact the JB market? Will the market dampen and will there be more goodies for wood be buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.