• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freaking Hell.... that much....

Mine was about Rm 15k just cover my wife only though.

But it gets better. My friend who is 40 years old paid only Rm 7k.

He told me MRTA is supposed to get cheaper when you go in for longer duration or longer period of loan tenure....

Corrections expected please..... if i am wrong....

dirt cheap for MRTA. I think something is wrong wif my purchase. I needed to pay $23k for it via UOB. what Fk.
My lawyer fee beside state levy amounts to $36k.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you have to go to larkin. There is an office there that does it.

no reminder letter or no letters in fact.

just go there, give your address and pay. Ofcourse as always in msia always keep your receipts for posterity.

Hi Wuqi ,

have you been asked by lawyer to submit receipt for quit rent. I was asked recently but have not receive any request to pay quit rent. Some told me I have to go down Larkin to pay and they don't send reminder letter. Lawyer said this is yearly affair ; 'perfecting the transfer'. :confused:
I was thinking 'why also 'perfecting' transfer ? when will it be officially transfer ?. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, the property tax is about 400-500 RM a year. :smile:
You can go to Skudai or you can also go to Perling to pay.

There is one in the Perling wet market that can collect
the payment. Its a small one storey govt house that is besides
the market in the car park.

Contributed by a learned retired neighbour of mine, bless him.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, property tax (cukai harta or cukai pintu) can be paid at any post office (pos malaysia) besides the places you've mentioned. Sometimes they will even park a mobile bus to do the collection if there is demand, whereas cukai tanah (quit rent) can be paid at the main office opposite Larkin bus station. For every year's delay, you will be penalised 20% of the amount payable. Yeah, they won't do anything to you until you decide to transfer/sell your property.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro Toyohon, yes it can be but i was told i couldn't at the Perling side so off i went. :smile:

As for quit rent, it can be easily done online if you are not able or inclined to travel to Larkin.
The rule for me, is just pay and keep receipt. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi fantastic man. This and such other tips then is really the essence, spirit and soul of living in jb.

Without ur timely tip id be none the wiser.

Kudos and thanks.

Ok guys, quit rent = no need to go to Larkin. I paid here:
http://onlinepayment.johor.gov.my/

English version:
http://onlinepayment.johor.gov.my/index.php

Yes its an yearly affair, they usually won't do anything to you if you are late but lets respect their law. :smile:

Contrary to what folks will tell you, you can pay by your SG credit card. At least i have used 2 to pay for the quit rent here. :smile:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Danteakc, my ex boss just got a semi-d unit with stamp duty and levy paid for from the developer. The developer told him its because he knows me blah blah blah(i don't believe, i think coz last 2 units here) so he got a nice discount with perks on top.

Your loan seems to be wrong though, can you change the bank or is it too late now?

We have no qualms with paying a premium for the semi-ds that we had selected as it is a semi d facing the golf course and our backing is behind the hill. Honestly the others that are left cost 1.1mil and the 3 storey semi d cost only $745k but previous reasons which I had mention and it has a lamp post directly facing the door way. Though the backing is good but I only see the neighbour. Spend much on the balcony to see road and neighbour I think it is not for me.

I had just signed the pre post SPA aka option to purchase with 2% down for duration period of 2 months are ok. Had sign LO with UOB with 80% at -2.2%, 30 loan tenor, MRTA 23k for only 600k. WTF!!! Now waiting for Standard Chartered claimed banker who can gives me same rate but with 85% but MRTA 31k!!!

Ok first thing first. Is it true that SPA must signed before state consent will be process by lawyer to submit to state for approval. Is it true that state consent might get 3months to process/approve and only after state consent gets approve then lawyer will submit it to bank only then the bank will process the necessary paper works to release the fund. And that will take another 3 months. All in all I have to wait for the bank to release the rest of the 80% to vendor?

What is the flowchart after we sign the SPA? To who and from who for then the bank to release the funds?

Quite frustrating with all the non transparency state fees and stamp duty. I guess I have to bear with the cost but without proper understanding quite FK up!

Don't know who to believe.
ps If I had signed with UOB and Standard Chartered produce a better LO can I changed? I had yet signed the SPA.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, S&P agreement must normally be signed first,then state approval, and it takes a while sometimes. Don't be frustrated, buying a house is like that as we are foreigners.

You are not alone man, i had to really struggle by myself as there was no one to give guidance on banks and i started out here with just the stuff in my car and grim determination.

I have been through this path as well. Don't be discouraged. Ask the developer/agent to explain it to you. Don't be worried, they have more patience than most folks in SG when explaining things. (Their driving is the complete opposite though)

Sounds like though the banks you are going with are crappy. As a general guideline, don't be afraid to use other banks that are local here, they are more afraid of you running away than you should be of them. I asked a learned friend of mine who insisted on using a bank in SG, imagine you are in US or NZ and you insist on OCBC? (Not that OCBC is bad of course) So because you can't use your favourite bank, you don't buy a house?

I am sorry, i don't have a very good impression of UOB folks in JB. I like them better in SG as i have friends in UOB SG.
The folks in UOB here strike me as pretty arrogant.

I think bros here has always advised shopping around unless you are really tied up for time. If you have not signed the SPA and other documents with the bank, then if anything,worse come to worse you only stand to lose a portion or the deposit/legal fees. Take your time, get at least 3-4 banks quote, sit down and do your math.

Check to see what makes the most sense, MRTA is not compulsory and with a bit of push, you can get it taken out. Most banks only push MRTA if they find shaky creditworthiness or if the purchaser wants a higher % of the loan.

Having any penalty is still not likely as you can always choose your own bank. Did you get from developer or agent? No matter which, its still a buyers market.
Don't be put off by them, tell them i want to choose my own bank. Have you tried Allianz or EON bank yet?

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from friends as well, U*B bank s**ks. :rolleyes:
M**bank & A*bank give you big headache. :rolleyes:
Have you tried Public Bank ? Best chinese bank in MY. Very good Service. :wink:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, S&P agreement must normally be signed first,then state approval, and it takes a while sometimes. Don't be frustrated, buying a house is like that as we are foreigners.

You are not alone man, i had to really struggle by myself as there was no one to give guidance on banks and i started out here with just the stuff in my car and grim determination.

I have been through this path as well. Don't be discouraged. Ask the developer/agent to explain it to you. Don't be worried, they have more patience than most folks in SG when explaining things. (Their driving is the complete opposite though)

Sounds like though the banks you are going with are crappy. As a general guideline, don't be afraid to use other banks that are local here, they are more afraid of you running away than you should be of them. I asked a learned friend of mine who insisted on using a bank in SG, imagine you are in US or NZ and you insist on OCBC? (Not that OCBC is bad of course) So because you can't use your favourite bank, you don't buy a house?

I am sorry, i don't have a very good impression of UOB folks in JB. I like them better in SG as i have friends in UOB SG.
The folks in UOB here strike me as pretty arrogant.

I think bros here has always advised shopping around unless you are really tied up for time. If you have not signed the SPA and other documents with the bank, then if anything,worse come to worse you only stand to lose a portion or the deposit/legal fees. Take your time, get at least 3-4 banks quote, sit down and do your math.

Check to see what makes the most sense, MRTA is not compulsory and with a bit of push, you can get it taken out. Most banks only push MRTA if they find shaky creditworthiness or if the purchaser wants a higher % of the loan.

Having any penalty is still not likely as you can always choose your own bank. Did you get from developer or agent? No matter which, its still a buyers market.
Don't be put off by them, tell them i want to choose my own bank. Have you tried Allianz or EON bank yet?

Allianz bank also 80% but 2.15% and 25 years tenure. EON waiting. I think abit too late as I had sign certain docu with UOB but nm if SC can gifs 85% I'll go all out.

Below is details from PB
Hi Mr D****,

Good morning, So for the loan amount i help you apply is RM790 500 which is 85%(80%- loan+5%insurance) and your monthly installment will be RM3959. The interest rates i will try my best to help you get the lowest. I just want to confirm with your that the loan tenure and the insurance you want to purchase how many yrs?Below are the calculation for insurance premium i've help you to calculate:

loan amount: RM744k (80%)

insurance: 30 yrs ( 5%)

Insurance premium : RM 28286 (financed into loan)
: RM 27252 (non-financed)

insurance: 25 yrs

Insurance premium : RM 20422 (financed into loan)
: RM 19880 (non-financed)

Not so fancy...sigh. Now I need to worry abt transport and security. BTW Wuqi do you know where can I find french window? I felt I could save quite a few or rod iron grilles and llumar security film
door2.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, just wait for EON and SC first. Of course, if you have already signed something legally binding then unless you are willing to forgo the deposit, etc.

If worse come to worse, you can always use the agent/developer to intercede to UOB in case you wish to cancel. Ok, transport and security to where? There is CW3 to the Jusco side at Bukit Indah?

For French windows i am not so sure, you could check in with the local contractor. Just show them the design and they will check for you.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, the property tax is about 400-500 RM a year. :smile:
You can go to Skudai or you can also go to Perling to pay.

There is one in the Perling wet market that can collect
the payment. Its a small one storey govt house that is besides
the market in the car park.

Contributed by a learned retired neighbour of mine, bless him.

Thanks for the tips , I make a wasted trip to Skudai only to realised it is not due and I could not pay for the ppty tax yet. Having no knowledge of Malay can be a hinder in matland.At least I know where e place now.:smile:
Still couldn't understand the rule there about quit rent. no statement or bill yet required you to pay.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Violent_crime.png

Recently, the Malaysian Crime Prevention Foundation (MCPF) said that developers, builders, planners and architects will be roped in to help implement the concept of crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED). The MCPF vice-chairman Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye said the basic concept behind CPTED was the effective use of the physical environment to reduce crime.

The concept has proven to be very effective in reducing crime rate all over the world. By implementing the concept, all buildings, houses, parks, pedestrian bridges, roads and back lanes are designed in such a way to create fewer opportunities for criminals. For further information on the Malaysian Crime Prevention Foundation refer to Developers and builders to help cut crime by design.

four_fingers.jpg

m0p1873.jpg

Last edited:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Crime iPhone App #1

iphonetop.jpg

by Kegan Gan

What to know where are the crimes in Malaysia? There’s an app for that!

Introducing Malaysia Crime iPhone App. This iPhone application taps into Malaysia Crime GeoRSS feeds to bring you the following:

* Read latest news reports of crimes
* See the reports closest to you
* Browse news reports on a map
* Auto-update gets you the latest reports

Thanks to Jason Khong from Apptivity Lab for developing the Malaysia Crime iPhone App.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man if you find some information on NI share it with us.

Apart from Setia and HH not many other players have information listed on the net.

Eg hard to find information on Nongchik heights. There is a blog on it and the website is in Melayu (possibly dun cater to Non malays??)
But location is very good close to Causeway.

Yeah just some sharing since not much recent NI stuff is posted online anyways. I'm still jealous of those staying at HH though! And I gotta admit those "The Hills" residence designs look so appealing! :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) JB has perrennially been a market where perpetual oversupply exists. Yet the market does not seem to correct down south much. Atleast has not happened in the last 5 years. In fact when i purchased mine last year in June i had gotten a fantastic deal. Apart from the property price i paid nothing else not even the state levy. That was for Setia Tropika. But then ppl say ST is overpriced by 20% compared to Berinda developers. But then again if ST was overpriced last year it is way overpriced now.

2) I just found out that they are selling the pent houses in ST called SKY GARDENS at RM 1,000,000. Over priced then?.... Way over priced now

3) My wife and I had similar doubts as you have raised if the oversupply will cause a serious correction in the market as was seen in the past couple of years in the US market.

4) But then again property never remains down south for ever unless the fundamentals of the market are seriously wrong. But the Msian govt has taken sufficient measures to ensure that it does not happen.

5) however if the party does not last long and a correction does occur in the next 2-3 years then i believe the ones who will be most affected are those who have soaked their hands in several properties. Now if they do not have the holding power when the market is at its worst they may suffer.

5) But if you have bought it for own stay or as a retirement home dun worry.... you will gain...

I wonder if there is a steadily growing oversupply of property and worry what will happen if/when the demand starts to slow down (if it hasn't started already). Just thinking aloud :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.