• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepill

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since no one has replied I'll give you my 2 cents worth.
Are you looking for a new development or resale? Not sure what the pricing for other newer developments are but the prices of the ones we've visited are pretty steep compared to some other locations and definitely compared to a couple of years ago (we checked out Horizon Hills, Nusa Idaman and Bukit Indah). If your wife is a bumi you can get about 15% off the normal price I believe. Head down to any developer's sales office and have a chat with the salesperson there to find out what other perks a bumi can get.

If you're looking to buy from the resale market I'm sure there are lots of property sites you can visit to compare prices. Just do a Google search with the key words "Bukit Indah" and you're bound to get some links.

Good luck in your search!

Thank you for your reply.
My wife isn't a bumi. M'sian Chinese. We are looking for something below 500k at Bukit Indah.

I'll go the google thing for resale. Is the resale properties more expensive than the new houses in JB?

I've been up to HH for a look last Sunday, it's nice. But like you said, the prices are properly steep. Else I'd be happy to live there.

thank you once again, i'll update

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your reply.
My wife isn't a bumi. M'sian Chinese. We are looking for something below 500k at Bukit Indah.

I'll go the google thing for resale. Is the resale properties more expensive than the new houses in JB?

I've been up to HH for a look last Sunday, it's nice. But like you said, the prices are properly steep. Else I'd be happy to live there.

thank you once again, i'll update

I was just up at Nusa Idaman sales office again today to settle some legal matters and noticed that there are still quite a number of link house intermediate/end lots available. You may want to check the units there to see if they catch your eye. Phase 8 is supposed to be their premier precinct and there's still quite a lot of units available. I do believe Nusa Idaman homes are relatively less expensive than Horizon Hills.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My wife is a Malaysian and we are looking for a budget(if any) terrace in Bukit Indah.

Any advice on how should I begin?

There are lots actually, Indah Park, etc and Indah Residences i think? The issue here the 500k restriction but if its in her name then its no problem!

There are still terraces cheap, in fact, if you are a risk taker, i heard there are developments in Gelang Patah that is like 200k plus for a terrace. I would advise against it though as that area is really still very iffy right now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Dicktamby,

Try to get those that offer you FD rate rather than BLR. EON bank seems to be doing well in this area and they offer flexi stuff with no lock in rates.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brother Wuiqi,

I have drove to Johore Tesco and Jusco which is at Tebrau City, i saw this PANDAN CITY on the left on the way there , how is the place like ? Is it infested by thugs ? I saw a lot of Malaysian car there but not Singapore registered car.

Is it safe to travel there to shop shop and makan makan ?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brother Wuiqi,

I have drove to Johore Tesco and Jusco which is at Tebrau City, i saw this PANDAN CITY on the left on the way there , how is the place like ? Is it infested by thugs ? I saw a lot of Malaysian car there but not Singapore registered car.

Is it safe to travel there to shop shop and makan makan ?

Pandan City is a wholesale centre, not unlike our Pasir Panjang. It is a favoured place amongst the Malay community. Quite a big variety of shopping/marketing/services available there. Yup, as this is another magnet for Singaporeans, be alert and watch where you park. Quite a number of window smashing cases there.

kaeel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, I am planning to buy a property at Nusa Idaman. What have you guys got to say about that project?
My concerns are mainly it's security in the recent years and the management of NUsa Idaman. I hope not to regret in the near future for investing there.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, I am confused by the number of lawyers fees I need to pay to whom I might add.
First the seller side,
2nd the state side,
3rd and now I have to chip in my fair share of the deal when the banks decide to lend me and yet I have to pay their share of their lawyer for paper and witness?

Attached as seen from 2 banks who had offer me the letter.
1st bank
1282255176-clip-24kb.png

2nd Bank
1282255092-clip-23kb.jpg

If you notice for the 1st bank, entry cost covers only as claim by the banker, the banker's side of the agreement between their lawyer and me.
The 2nd Bank covers as written in scribbles.

The following was quotation by the Seller's Lawyer.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=526386&postcount=1006

I felt a carrot chop is on the way. WTF am I paying for?

1st Bank, RM$200 setup fee upon signing the letter of offer, 25 years loan tenure with only less then 15k for MRTA and it is covered in full. 2.15%

2nd Bank, RM$500 setup fee upon signing, 30 years loan tenure with less then 24k for MRTA and only covers for $600k regard. 2.2% I paid 50k SGD for extra 5years.

Different in monthly instalment by only $200SGD.
I'm stuck here to whom I am signing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can you check in with EON bank? Go with your own bank as it seems to be a lot of cost. Getting MRTA understandable but then its pretty high. Even for my semi-d, i never have to pay so much.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Kaeel, hmm that part is ok, if you want something safe then, probably that place is safe enough. Its just that the location is pretty remote now.

kaeel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, I am also looking for a good bank that offers a good rate. Any suggestions?
Planning to take a 25 years to 30year loan.
80% BLR

Thanks in advance :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you've gone to the Sales Office, just pick up all available bank name-cards and phone/shop around for the best offer.

Dicktamby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Dicktamby,

Try to get those that offer you FD rate rather than BLR. EON bank seems to be doing well in this area and they offer flexi stuff with no lock in rates.

Hi Wuqi

I approached the bankers at HH when I signed the SPA and told them I wanted FD rate. BUt just last week, all of them call me up say to get the flexi.
Most are offering BLR - 2.2 %. Although they expect BLR to go North, they say this is better than FD. I'm still considering and have yet to decide. Have you heard of Islamic banking ? One of them is offering me this.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So far, for the latest rates my sis and friends has taken, they went with Eon bank in the end with the FD rate. Allianz bank is pretty good too but their rates starting not to be so good. No one to recommend there but they do offer Islamic banking. Yes Islamic banking(doesn't need you to cut though, i was referring to your hair.)
:smile:

Normally their rates are pretty competitive but then again market was even more competitive a few months back. Even just barely a year ago, they will even take care of the 5-6k legal fees for you.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, I am planning to buy a property at Nusa Idaman. What have you guys got to say about that project?
My concerns are mainly it's security in the recent years and the management of NUsa Idaman. I hope not to regret in the near future for investing there.

We bought a place at Nusa Idaman Phase 8A recently so here's my 2 cents on why :smile: We chose it after we did some research online and went up to look at HH and Bukit Indah's offerings (end June). HH and BI had websites so we could browse the available properties etc. before driving up. However NI didn't have a website which made us wonder if it was worth considering. We still kept NI in mind though since the plan was to look around in the nearby areas. We made it a point to steer clear of developments close to downtown JB due to the heavy traffic and security issues. And high price developments like East Ledang and Leisure Farm were way beyond our prince range. We loved the build quality and layout of HH (we were very impressed with HH actually) but felt it was slightly beyond our means and the price was on the high side for the particular property type. Besides we don't play golf and don't foresee using the clubhouse much. SP Setia (BI property dev) didn't have the property type we wanted available when we visited the sales office. We then drove to NI just because it was nearby.

Coincidentally we visited the sales office the day before the official launch of Phase 8A so the office wasn't crowded, we had a good selection of units to choose from and a head start from other possible buyers. The sales guy was friendly, non-pushy and helpful. They let us view the showhouse and also brought us around to the other existing precincts to give a good idea of the neighbourhood. We liked the precincts concept, it being gated and guarded, and the location is very ideal (almost exactly mid-way between Causeway and 2nd Link so we have a choice of which way to come and go). It has it's own exit from the highway and you can enter NI either via said highway or the road from BI (and soon via the coastal highway). It's close proximity to Jusco, Tesco and Giant, Columbia Asia Hospital (5 min away), Educity etc. was a major plus point too. Also Precint 8 is the premier precinct of NI, with its own lakes and some decent amenities planned around.

Of course the build is not as impressive as HH but we felt the price was right and NI has a good overall vibe for us. NI is from the same developer as HH (UEM Land) so we felt pretty secure on the developer's reliability. I've been doing some searching online since and notice that there are not many houses in NI being put up for sale or rental to date. What this indicates to me is that it's a development that people purchase to live in and are happy to do so (compared to HH which has a lot of listings on a few property sites). We plan to move there permanently and not just treat our place as a weekend home. Another advantage for us is that my friend bought the house opposite ours (we went to the sales office together) so we can keep an eye out for each other and look into sharing expenses (e.g. carpooling). So far the service experience has been decent.

And that's why we decided to go with NI in a nutshell :smile:

I have not heard of much crimes happening in NI (and I did some web searching but did not come up with anything), but if you have maybe you can enlighten?

And if you decide to go with NI, then welcome, neighbour! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi iamapseudoneem,

Thanks for sharing, just a few things to highlight, the UEM Land folks has a share in HH but they are the landowner so to speak and not the actual developer. That said, UEM is pretty solid so no worries there.

NI itself has a number of qualities which are exemplary and one of it is that its next to HH. The thing though is,one of the roads in now(the one going upslope just before HH) is pretty dark at night and its quite open which to me is pretty iffy as its deserted at night.

That put quite a few people off, i have 4 neighbours who bought HH after considering NI at first. Some of the reasons they raised, i have discussed earlier in this thread. A Malay neighbour from SG who bought his corner cluster here for 700k was almost signing with NI but he came in, do his math and decided to go with HH. This is because he wanted the facilities which HH has but of course, not everyone has the same needs/requirements. Different things appeal to different people.

Definitely NI is good but it caters to different markets altogether. In fact, because of the price, my sister at first was also considering the place amongst others. The design and architecture for their terrace units are personally in my opinion much better than the ones they have for HH.

Security wise, its also ok but its slightly a little too open although they did good by dividing up the precints. I was also unable to get in some of the precints.

Again, the market is different, folks who go for HH would likely not go for NI and vice versa. According to some of the learned friends i spoke to and from observation, HH is more for the expats. The remarks about NI i had was its mainly good for staying as it has shops and amenities nearby. In fact its near to all the Jusco, Tesco, Courts stores as well. NI was also mentioned as a signature development:
http://www.nusajayacity.com/sdev_residential.php

As for rental/resale wise, again, thats because it attracts different crowds basically.

Some may buy HH to flip or to rent to the expats where people who buy NI typically may only want to stay in them. There were groups of rich Sri Lankans who came out to HH, recognised the resale potential in HH and bought lots. I know because quite a few of the new neighbours i just got to know recently bought from them.

I had 2 groups of folks today who came in during the evening just to view. Apparently some residents of Ledang Heights had some run in with crime so are moving to HH.

Status
Not open for further replies.