• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Whoami,

I am attaching some floor plans, i will try to get some more scanned.
One is a 20x70, the smallest i believe and the other is a 22x70.

Attachments

• 20 X 70 (1).jpg
    20 X 70 (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 20 X 70.jpg
    20 X 70.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 368
  • 22 X 70 (1).jpg
    22 X 70 (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 22 X 70.jpg
    22 X 70.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 354

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks toyohon, yes i am not taking that for now.
Its either a nice 2nd hand one or a long term rental car.

Actually if you still need commuting to Sgp, an OPC (week-end car) will be the best of both worlds. A lot of Johoreans working in Sgp do that not to mention Singaporeans.

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
which properties good to buy for daily commute to singapore? work in ayer rajah

helping friend to post. he rather rent out his hdb flat for $$$ and live in house in jb

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Actually if you still need commuting to Sgp, an OPC (week-end car) will be the best of both worlds. A lot of Johoreans working in Sgp do that not to mention Singaporeans.

Very good point, i noticed that too when we went shopping today. Saw quite a few OPC plates. Thanks for bringing this one up.

I wanted to get MY cars as my dad is concerned about security, hence i want them to feel as secured as possible.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

helping friend to post. he rather rent out his hdb flat for $$$ and live in house in jb

There are many choices, i have mentioned about the properties i am happy with in my earlier posts. There are other new ones as well such as Eco Setia for one and some of the bros here were PMing me about other projects. I won't share them here yet until i have permission.

I see, Its actually very near for him since his work place is near and ideal. He should go by the 2nd link and seek houses there.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Plantation.. is that all they can come up with WAHAHAHH!!!

how about jb robbers and criminals... they didn't mention that?? i am surprised..

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is a nice way to go... good luck to your friend..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Another classic thinking among some forummers here is that if you are not anti-PAP or anti-government, then you must be a PAP member! Fortunately for Singapore, there are more right thinking people to see the country through this century and the next.[/QUOTE]

You can't really blame them for thinking that way.

From the first to the last of your posts, it has been very anti-migratory in nature. You have been rude and offensive to people here, myself included.
Your first participation in a civilized conversation is to call people names and full of mockery.

From your statement about right thinking people, i am glad but can you guarantee that they will not screw things up like currently? From what someone has asked me about guarantees in MY, can anyone make guarantees about SG?

No one can, the future i see in SG is uncertain, at least i see something for MY and thats why i swim towards it. Titanic was thought to be unsinkable is it not? Do you think the captains here will sink with the ship?

How many of their children have overseas PR/citizenship? I think you should find out more before commenting.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi, I think that there is a RM350000 threshold if a foreigner were to buy resale properties in Johor. RM250000 applies to new properties if I am not wrong. Some websites here -

http://www.tophills.com.my/Property.aspx
http://www.propnet.com.my

You really do have patience. Actually, no point convincing someone who is dead set against something, probably due to his/her own bad experience. But hey, we do not want another place swamped by too many Singaporeans (especially ugly ones), else the 2nd link will be jammed up as well!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You actually sound jealous. He is just trying to optimise his resources to get the quality of life that he seeks.

There are many superscale civil servants that have purchased property over there for the lifestyle. They are not looking for investment - just an outlet, some greenery, some quiet and a change from the urban lifestyle.

A number of expats have also done that. There is British CEO that built a huge balinese style home with water features at a fraction of the costs and his chauffeur does the commuting to and from singapore.

If you cannot afford it or its not the lifestyle for you, you should not get into such an emotional state. Get a hold of yourself. Ease up. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Why are you so nice to this sinkie? Let him sink and rot in his own sinkieland. His character deserve it, he do not deserve any greenery and relax lifestyle. His sinkie way of behavior already give him away and tells us the reason why he is stuck in his sinkieland.

When he cannot afford it, he blames others for it. WAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they have enough and reach 55 years, the Australians will go back. The guys from US will go back anytime. All these people have hinterlands to go back to. Despite what they may tell our government, some may still hold dual citizenship and most will not give up at all, even our fellow neighbours, the Malaysians? How many have given up their citizenship?

Those that are going to JB are looking for a place to live in and to rest their weary bones.

Some Sporeans still remember when Singapore & Malaysia was almost ONE country. :smile:

Back then one could go to Malaysia without a passport.

So for many uncles moving to Malaysia is no big deal :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wuqi, I think that there is a RM350000 threshold if a foreigner were to buy resale properties in Johor. RM250000 applies to new properties if I am not wrong. Some websites here -

http://www.tophills.com.my/Property.aspx
http://www.propnet.com.my

You really do have patience. Actually, no point convincing someone who is dead set against something, probably due to his/her own bad experience. But hey, we do not want another place swamped by too many Singaporeans (especially ugly ones), else the 2nd link will be jammed up as well!

Yes there is, i was curious too but understand now there are ways to get around it, the contracts will say an amount but the actual disbursement amount is another.

There are ways to get around this and i am sure the folks will advise how. There are also slightly higher properties which are above RM 350000 so there will be no issues there.

Thanks, maybe you have a point. I just wanted him to help lift the blinkers and to see things for what they really are, i guess maybe i was wrong.

lewlian88

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi,
Thanks much for u to share your experiences of living in JB.
I do have thoughts of shifting to JB (while still working in SG) and had share my plan to parents. Unfortunately, they disagree

a few questions, hope u don't mind sharing
- are SG allow to open a bank account in malaysia?
- ease of fund transfer between SG & MY (vice versa)
- Internet speed & reliability
- what the approx cost of rent, say if I wanted to try out if living in JB is suitable for me?

Thanks!

Thanks Tonychat.

Its weird when he somehow keeps thinking i am only saying JB/Malaysia is good. I already said in my other posts that we should look at choices. JB/Malaysia is just one of them but he keeps talking about plantations, failed projects in Malaysia.

Its ironical that references to jobs/housing/cars/education were made and that everyone has fair access to it. I am sure many people on the forum here would beg to differ. Other threads in this forum itself are talking about being priced out of even basic housing, etc. Well everyone is entitled to his own opinion, i just felt sad that people belittle others automatically without even thinking.

If the government can encourage us to send our old folks there (JB) and die, why don't we while we are still young make the move now there or to other countries when we still can make choices rather than later when we have no choice?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wuqi,
Thanks much for u to share your experiences of living in JB.
I do have thoughts of shifting to JB (while still working in SG) and had share my plan to parents. Unfortunately, they disagree

- what the approx cost of rent, say if I wanted to try out if living in JB is suitable for me?

Thanks!

Sure, i understand. My parents too at one point.
Answers to your questions:

1. Yes we are allowed, when you purchase a property, you will automatically have an account too(at least most banks)

2. Easy, the bank making the loans can make arrangements. You can always open an account with Maybank and have the ease to draw money/transfer both ways.

3. Haven't tried out yet, for now i am using my GSM card for now which i know is expensive until i get the links in. I plan to move in formally once everything is completed and especially once the 7th month is over.

4. This depends, you can get some places as low as 1000 plus ringgit unfurnished and can go to 3-5k depending on whether its a cluster, semi-D

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- what the approx cost of rent, say if I wanted to try out if living in JB is suitable for me? ...
2. Easy, the bank making the loans can make arrangements. You can always open an account with Maybank and have the ease to draw money/transfer both ways.

3. Haven't tried out yet, for now i am using my GSM card for now which i know is expensive until i get the links in. I plan to move in formally once everything is completed and especially once the 7th month is over.
juz 2 + ...

2. if u wifdraw fr ur maybank in sg, there wil b ze xchange rate ... iz lousy ...

3. internet max speed generally lower than in sg ... but reliailibty is comparable ... note coverage b4 u sign up ... costs after conversion is cheaper ... u stil can hv dial-up ...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You got it, very very smart sir. I am doing it via the 2nd link as there is a bus direct from Bukit Indah to Jurong East. So if i have to go in, i will take the bus.

To the detractors here, I wonder how police can get kopi money from an express bus or how deep a plantation must be for a bus to be forced in? :smile:

Even if so, the most they can get away is just a small tip compared to the major savings i will get.

Wuqi,

I do have some questions for u, if u don't mind answering.
I am not familiar with the Tuas crossing as I normally don't use it. This bus u mention between Bukit Indah and Jurong East, is this SBS?
From the Tuas crossing, how long does it take to drive to Downtown JB? Off peak and peak hours?
My main concern with the Iskandar project area is that because its new, I am not sure it has the amenities, makan places, etc. of DT JB.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi,

I do have some questions for u, if u don't mind answering.
I am not familiar with the Tuas crossing as I normally don't use it. This bus u mention between Bukit Indah and Jurong East, is this SBS?
From the Tuas crossing, how long does it take to drive to Downtown JB? Off peak and peak hours?
My main concern with the Iskandar project area is that because its new, I am not sure it has the amenities, makan places, etc. of DT JB.

Hey Papsmearer, i am happy to help. Its Malaysian as far as i know: http://www.handalindah.com.my/servi...7e5f96c4772dd27d&txtRefno=20051202:152832:319

For me, you can actually skip JB DT as they are pretty ok at Jusco, Aeon Malls and you can visit Giant too. Of course, if you like to go there, i think its about 25 mins drive from the causeway. They will have a new highway linking both the causeways soon.

Amenities, makan places is pretty well done, i am going to be in the Bukit Indah area, so far everything i need is nearby. Even coffeeshops, chinese incense/josspaper shops, ladies hair salons, barber, car repair workshops, Kumon for the kid, etc.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hey Papsmearer, i am happy to help. Its Malaysian as far as i know: http://www.handalindah.com.my/servi...7e5f96c4772dd27d&txtRefno=20051202:152832:319

For me, you can actually skip JB DT as they are pretty ok at Jusco, Aeon Malls and you can visit Giant too. Of course, if you like to go there, i think its about 25 mins drive from the causeway. They will have a new highway linking both the causeways soon.

Amenities, makan places is pretty well done, i am going to be in the Bukit Indah area, so far everything i need is nearby. Even coffeeshops, chinese incense/josspaper shops, ladies hair salons, barber, car repair workshops, Kumon for the kid, etc.

Wuqi,

Some more questions. How does this fated community thing work? I am guessing that u must pay some kind of monthly maintenance fee for the upkeep of the grounds, security guards, clubhouse, etc. If so, how much is this and is there some sort of enforcement device for owners who don't pay.

I ask this because my brother in law bought a new condo project in KL a few years. After a while, when the developer eased out after selling off all the units, the management company had difficulty collecting some of the monthly maintanance fee. Eventually, if enough of them don't pay, the management had no choice but to cut back on upkeep. Do u see this sort of situation happening in these gated communities?

Also, I am guessing the rule prohibiting for S'poreans driving Malaysian cars in S'pore is still in place? I would assume that there is some where to park ones car when they take this bus into Jurong East. I will cheak their website anyway. Thanks for the link.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would not invest a dime in singapore property. it is just a huge bubble waiting to explode.

What statement is this? You don't invest then where to stay - void deck? atap house in don't know where?
Even buying a house in JB to stay is also an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.