• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Off topic a little, saw this from another thread, this is sad man.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=67663

To: ALL (1 of 3)

FT: The PAP needs to be toppled just like the Barisan National in Malaysia
July 22nd, 2010 | Author: Contributions

I am a Malaysian who have just ‘quitted’ Singapore to return to Malaysia after 11 years’ stay.

Me and my husband, both professionals decided to leave before my child enter primary school. Singapore used to be a fantastic place to stay e.g. 10 years’ back but has now turned into a Disneyland: good to visit but miserable to stay.

Overcrowdedness is the major problem. The living quality has declined in actual fact even if the economy is growing at blistering pace.

We are human after all but not working machines. High pays do not necessary translate into happiness in life.

I am glad that I am still able to make this choice 11 years later as I did not take up the invitation to get naturalized. My Singaporean friends are envious…at least I have a place to escape but not them.

The PAP needs to be toppled just like the Barisan National in Malaysia. They have become aloof and out-of-touch after too many years in power.

W. F. Ng

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

I be moving from s'pore to Johor soon thus would like to know if any bro or sis here has any contacts for reliable home movers I can use? Is it advisable to engage our local movers or m'sia movers?

Sure, i would suggest local movers in SG so more accountability for those of us who are unsure, i don't have anyone to recommend but i am checking with some of my friends as a couple of them are in shipping lines.

I am pretty impressed by some of the folks follow up though for furniture, lights installation and even some of the contractors.

Really responsive and fix their stuff though some are slow, just be patient and you will be ok. Most of the time when we have something that goes wrong, we are able to exchange it or they will even exchange and give us a discount.

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted with Thanks, I will source around for movers and will wait for your recommendation(if any) from your friends in shipping line. No worries , if u can't get any. :smile: Thank you once again.

Sure, i would suggest local movers in SG so more accountability for those of us who are unsure, i don't have anyone to recommend but i am checking with some of my friends as a couple of them are in shipping lines.

I am pretty impressed by some of the folks follow up though for furniture, lights installation and even some of the contractors.

Really responsive and fix their stuff though some are slow, just be patient and you will be ok. Most of the time when we have something that goes wrong, we are able to exchange it or they will even exchange and give us a discount.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, guess your neighbours shifting most of the items frm s'pore. If u can get hold of the movers contacts, do u mind sharing with us. Thank you in advance.

skipping wkend home this wkend, will only go next wk. Shall chk with them next wkends.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our experience is you put a deposit of about RM1000 first then they draw up the contract and you pay the 1st 10% once the lawyer's prepared your documents. This is even if you haven't secured your bank loan yet.
Bank loan as far as I know you have to use a Malaysia-based bank and can't use the Sg bank. The Nusa Idaman rep is helping source out a few banks and we've been contacted by a couple already to discuss packages further.

For Setia Tropika I only paid $500 as a returnable deposit. If I back off later after I visit the site or if I was not able to secure a loan, the full sum will be returned to me. They will only process the actual documents after I manage to secure a loan, which in my case, I signed both with Setia and MayBank on the same day, after 4 months from the first day I started applying to the Banks.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will likely be heading up to sales office to sign the lawyer letter and finalise the home loan this weekend. Planning to pay via SGD cheque to minimise the hassle (although I suspect we'll lose out a little from the exchange rate). Once those two things are settled it'll feel more 'official' and we can implement our financial plan to hopefully make our dream come true! :smile:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will likely be heading up to sales office to sign the lawyer letter and finalise the home loan this weekend. Planning to pay via SGD cheque to minimise the hassle (although I suspect we'll lose out a little from the exchange rate). Once those two things are settled it'll feel more 'official' and we can implement our financial plan to hopefully make our dream come true! :smile:

you could do a TT to their account if you are afraid to carry too much cash. Just go for a reputable TT agent , you will get better rate and no RM10,000 limit to M'sia bank a/c. Just make sure the acct nos is right.

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, guess your neighbours shifting most of the items frm s'pore. If u can get hold of the movers contacts, do u mind sharing with us. Thank you in advance.

Just curious to ask, Is there any tax applied for moving electronic appliance and furniture from SG to MY?

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just checking with folks here as i just got asked this, which one would you choose given this scenario:

1. Bank A - Approved loan amount RM308,000 + legal & stamp duty RM6200,total RM314,200,

Interest rate is FD rate 3.00% + 1.25% = 4.25%

tenure = 30 years

monthly installment = RM1546.00

2. Bank B Approved loan amount RM310,000

Interest rate is BLR rate 6.30% - 1.9% = 4.40%

tenure = 30 years

monthly installment = RM1552.00

Option 2 I assume is UOB. Option 1 is Maybank???

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
secondhome.gif

By Dr. Gédéon

I am an Australian Citizen and used to live in Malaysia on a MM2H visa. In 2007, I was assaulted. I then went to the police station to make a report and instead of taking my report, the police ARRESTED AND IMPRISONED ME FOR 12 HOURS.

They also punched me hard in the stomach and pointed TWO GUNS at my head!!!! I then appointed Datuk Karpal Singh who found out that the boss of the guy who assaulted me had called the police station to ask them to detain me when I go to make the report! In January this year, Sukaham started investigating this matter and wrote FIVE times to the police so far but the police have not responded to any letter!

I have also sent FIVE letters to the Minister for Tourism, NINE letters to the Police Inspector, EIGHT emails to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, EIGHT emails to the MInistry of Home Affairs, SIX emails to the Political Secretary of His Majesty King of Malaysia BUT NO ONE HAS RESPONDED OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED MY COMPLAINT AGAINST THE POLICE!!!!

Please note that I am not in Malaysia anymore nor do I intend to go back there!
Policereport1ALarge.jpg

Full story here : http://www.malaysia-today.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33428:police-brutality-corruption-and-abuse-of-power&catid=18:letterssurat&Itemid=100129

ccccccccccccccccc
Harry says :
Why don't you come to my island? I love foreign talents.......!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, defects will be dependant on the developer, thats why its very important to get only from a solid developer.
To be fair to your post, there are lots of developers who don't follow up on defects but few ever resort to violence
as its bad reputation for them. We only heard one side of the story here?

As for assault cases, it doesn't happen in Singapore?
Erm ok so only get police brutality/corruption in Malaysia?

Just do a quick google:
http://www.google.com.sg/#hl=en&q=p...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=e5993c3f40f5690c

About 78,100 results (0.16 seconds) Search ResultsYouTube - Riot police vs four silent protesters in Singapore

The free world sees Singapore as a police state where human rights exist and ... queue police brutality - go skateboarding day: cop vs...3960279 views ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOa3m4hsl3M - Cached - SimilarPolice brutality and improper prodedure during raid at One-Seven sauna

28 Apr 2008 ... I grieves for such display of vulgar and odious manners and behavior shown by the Singapore police. Singapore has alway been looked upon as ...
tomorrow.sg/.../04/.../police_brutality_and_improper_pr.html - Cached -

SimilarSgForums :: Singapore's Online Community - Police Brutality
15 posts - 8 authors - Last post: 18 Jun
I still can remember the police shouted at me and use the F... word, very rude for singapore police force, no courteoucy, how to respect ...
politics.sgforums.com/forums/10/topics/135624 - Cached - SimilarSgForums ::

Singapore's Online Community - Do police beat up ...
25 posts - 14 authors
In the case of Zainal Kuning, a manual laborer in Singapore in 1989, ... what that American boy did, but come on, police brutality against teenagers. ...
sgforums.com/forums/1480/topics/338180?page=3 - CachedSingapore Dissident
No one in Singapore's entire history has sued the Singapore government and won, let alone the police force. You are at their mercy, and you should ...
singaporedissident.blogspot.com/ - Cached - Similar

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
you could do a TT to their account if you are afraid to carry too much cash. Just go for a reputable TT agent , you will get better rate and no RM10,000 limit to M'sia bank a/c. Just make sure the acct nos is right.

Good guidance on the monetary transfer, they are faster than some banks even. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just curious to ask, Is there any tax applied for moving electronic appliance and furniture from SG to MY?

Yes there is, for electronics, not for furniture as far as i am aware. Then again, if you are in expensive SG, why would you need/want to move furniture to MY unless for sentimental reasons/values? The average home furniture there are much cheaper and even if you want modern/high end or teak/red wood furniture, its cheaper there too.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes there is, for electronics, not for furniture as far as i am aware. Then again, if you are in expensive SG, why would you need/want to move furniture to MY unless for sentimental reasons/values? The average home furniture there are much cheaper and even if you want modern/high end or teak/red wood furniture, its cheaper there too.

We tried taking the bus aka CW3 from JE. It took about 45mins to Aeon Shopping Centre and only 30mins from Terminal to JE. I guess without them re routing to the village. JE has alot of buses my parents need, to go to Bukit Panjang and Orchard Road. It even has buses to my workplace like hougang. Except no buses to Compasspoint.

WE have exquisite taste on chandeliers and velvet furnishing however as told by my wife we have to pop by to KL to purchase? Is this true? Also on the bus trip I saw alot of auto shop non do conti cars and michellin tyres. Do you know where?

We got a few quotes from local movers to shift most of our furniture to JB not cheap. At least 2k. Sigh...

Hopefully by this week I can get approval from bank to join you guys. Damn escape the taxman in SGP, suffer the bankman everywhere.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAs anyone in HH encountered defect being rejected by developer ? I reported a chipped WC . It is just two very minor chipped off on the side which was spotted by my spouse while celaning it. Make a report more than 1 month and they have not come back to me. Asked me to be present to inspect but I told them I already pasted stickers pointing out the spots. After a few more days , they came back and informed me that it is my renovation fault, so it is rejected. I know that could not be true as no renovation were done in that toilet till now. I guess it must be a hassle to change a WC for a minor chipped side. Would like to hear from anyone else has similiar experience.:mad:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We tried taking the bus aka CW3 from JE. It took about 45mins to Aeon Shopping Centre and only 30mins from Terminal to JE. I guess without them re routing to the village. JE has alot of buses my parents need, to go to Bukit Panjang and Orchard Road. It even has buses to my workplace like hougang. Except no buses to Compasspoint.

WE have exquisite taste on chandeliers and velvet furnishing however as told by my wife we have to pop by to KL to purchase? Is this true? Also on the bus trip I saw alot of auto shop non do conti cars and michellin tyres. Do you know where?

We got a few quotes from local movers to shift most of our furniture to JB not cheap. At least 2k. Sigh...

Hopefully by this week I can get approval from bank to join you guys. Damn escape the taxman in SGP, suffer the bankman everywhere.

Great, good for you. There are lots of transports in and out and more are on the way. Oh actually there are lots and you don't need to go to KL for that. There are already a few shops along or near Nusa Bestari that has a very wide variety of crystal and other types of lighting. As for auto shops, there are a lot, you can go to the one near to Sutera Mall, besides the "Gu Wen Cha" coffeeshop. Pricing is good as compared to most and although they fix mainly Honda, they do others too. Remember to bargain though. :smile:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAs anyone in HH encountered defect being rejected by developer ? I reported a chipped WC . It is just two very minor chipped off on the side which was spotted by my spouse while celaning it. Make a report more than 1 month and they have not come back to me. Asked me to be present to inspect but I told them I already pasted stickers pointing out the spots. After a few more days , they came back and informed me that it is my renovation fault, so it is rejected. I know that could not be true as no renovation were done in that toilet till now. I guess it must be a hassle to change a WC for a minor chipped side. Would like to hear from anyone else has similiar experience.:mad:

My experience, change all the toilet bowl. Afterall if there is no name on it better change to avoid unnecessary cuts/cracks or even collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.