• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phew.... Wuqi i din know that rentals had shot up that much in JB.... I guess in direct proportion to home rental prices in Spore...

Yes the price would be very dependant on whats the layout, furnishing, the facing, etc. $1600 is extremely low though. Even $2000 is quite low for HH. I think deadsoulz can go for them as they are pretty low. My neighbours have rented out a terrace for $2600 and i have had received rental requests at $3500 for my cluster.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, so far its about an hour to an hour plus according to my family who has purposedly went to try this as a worst case scenario. My lecturer(and now friend) took it in and went back on it once as well and she told me it was less than an hour but this was off peak. I am sure it is feasible, at least 2 guys from a large bank are doing this. They park their cars at or near the CW3 stop and take it into SG. Then in the evenings, they get off the CW3 and take their cars back in. Save money, petrol and time according to what i understand from them.

Buses starts from 0515 hrs, seems there is even a CW4 now, going to Sutera mall area. Things seems to be looking ok:

Some interesting links:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Link
http://singaporebuspage.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/surprises-across-the-causeway/

Is it safe to park SGP car in JE and take the CW3 towards Bukit Indah? Where does it stop? Is it walking distance towards HH? What bus to take to HH?
Is there a park and ride at JE?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are a truckload of people out here in Spore who still believe that investment in JB is not worth it....

I rarely bother to convince them....

Wuqi u did it right. And cathy u r right too.

Just that there are times when some irritants get on my nerves... Then i really lash back...

Thanks, don't. Just smile and bear with it. Sometimes its better to let it pass than to pursue. Especially own relatives and those senior in the family, just let it be. If i spoke, i will embarrass them, if i don't, i have nothing to lose anyway as i remembered i was right. :smile:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add, financing is about the same from what i understand though some parts are slightly different. Condos may require more agreement to be signed than a normal landed. Gated/Guarded ones will also require more contractual agreements.

Is HH maintenance charge includes the security? Does it ever gets expired if worst senario?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is HH maintenance charge includes the security? Does it ever gets expired if worst senario?

It will not be easy as majority of the folks who can afford HH can afford the maintenance. Only thing would be those who are overseas, etc. Then again, if there is enough core contribution, we should be ok. We can also do what folks do in condos in SG and paste the names and unit numbers of those who never paid at the guard house and clubhouse for all to see. :biggrin:

You know worst case, i can just share with a few of my neighbours and just get guards to just guard our area. The whole area is a pretty long walk away plus its on a hill so geographically, its better than some of the properties outside which are very accessible from all corners. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

It will not be easy for this to happen as majority of the folks who can afford HH can afford the maintenance. Else if cost was their primary concern and not security they could just go to the other properties outside and just settle for something cheaper. Only thing would be those who are overseas, etc. Then again, if there is enough core contribution, we should be ok. We can also do what folks do in condos in SG and paste the names and unit numbers of those who never paid at the guard house and clubhouse for all to see. :biggrin:

You know worst case, i can just share with a few of my neighbours and just get guards to just guard our area. The whole area is a pretty long walk away plus its on a hill so geographically, its better than some of the properties outside which are very accessible from all corners. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I agree Setia prices its properties at the upper end of the scale...

I think there is a lot of strategic planning that is being done. Actually i am quite impressed with the Single Entry Single exit design at ST.

In fact when i compared that to Setias earlier developments at Bukit Indah i think what ST is offering today is really far superior.

In fact the other day i complained about the lack of traffic lights at a junction on the main access road and they got it done in about a week to 10 days time.

Now thats great. I could not believe that they could ever do something that soon and that efficient.

I think they are targetting clients with certain demographics into ST or atleast the future launches at ST

Yes Setia is good. They are targetting the higher end of the market with their bungalows, etc. Their phase one bungalows (with full CCTV and electric fencing) are all gone now though. They are trying to emulate HH as likely they think the foreigner market has more spending power and able to afford higher end properties. We almost brought my friends and sister to buy there.

After my friends and myself had disappointing follow up from one of their guys (who left HH and joined Setia Tropika), we decided otherwise. He is basically uncontactable and doesn't even call us back most of the time. I have 2 friends and my sister who were keen on Setia but they moved on to HH now for this and other reasons. Setia though is a good developer.

However, their Eco Setia project is seriously bad. Just heard from my neighbour, she has 2 relatives who just moved in, a contractor accidentally hit a wall with a sledgehammer and it went through. It was all hollow! That was scary indeed. They wasted a lot of time waiting for some(luckily not all) of the walls to all be knocked down and rebuilt again. Not to mention the anguish, dust and dirt they had to deal with.

I have acquired the habit of knocking on walls as i went through each room of the unit i am keen on as well as hitting the back of my knuckles against parquet strips near the door to see if they are hollow or if its just gypsum board. (Something i learnt from disaster recovery planning (for the DR site walls) but parquet learnt it here.) :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it safe to park SGP car in JE and take the CW3 towards Bukit Indah? Where does it stop? Is it walking distance towards HH? What bus to take to HH?
Is there a park and ride at JE?

Oh sure, parking SG car near Jurong East MRT/bus terminal should be ok, only thing would be the cost. It stops outside Jusco and at the Causeway cafe. You can just take a very short walk from the CW3 stop and take a cab(costing less than 10 RM for sure) to HH. I am not aware of any park and ride in Jurong East. A lot of folks living here do this:
1. Drive from HH to park at the CW3 bus terminal opposite Jusco.
2. Parking is free!! At least for now. Just don't park your new flashy BMW/Mercedez there and you should be fine :smile:
3. Take the CW3 into SG and take the MRT from Jurong East or taxi from there to anywhere you want in Singapore.
4. Finish your stuff/work and come back to the the CW3 bus station at Jurong East, take CW3 in.
5. Stop at the bus terminal opposite Jusco and drive your car back. Lots and lots and lots of cars at the CW3 station opposite Jusco.

As an aside:
I am trying to find now but i think there was an earlier question on timing for CW3? Its on the Handal Indah website and the timing update is for the new bus additions to their daily route. They also have CW4.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh by the way, aangsc, there is another alternative route to Sutera Mall from HH. Just go to the Perling toll booth or from the Perling side out towards the Pasir Gudang highway, just take the 2nd left exit that you see and go towards Tampoi area.

Drive until you see a Sutera sign and just turn left in. Drive for like 30 seconds and you are at Sutera Mall now. Fast easy, no jam! :smile:

Also, i found a long lost friend in JB, he is working in a furniture shop now, their prices are pretty good and MOST IMPORTANTLY, they ship free to Singapore every week. Need to pay GST though but hey, furniture already so cheap and in RM, heard some furniture shops in SG also order from them so going to get some. Pretty excited, will be the first place i will go to for ordering furniture for my parents as well as in-laws home in Singapore.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adda Height also like that. There was only 1 salesperson in their show room. When we ask to see the showroom he told us to walk to the end of the street the last unit. When we ask if deposit can be return to us if bank loan not approve, his answer was 'you should know whether your loan can be approve or not', followed by a 'you can afford' kind of face expression.

I think these developers still have a long way to go in wooing Singaporean customers with this kind of sub standard services.

Bank loan can I first get in-principal loan b4 committing deposit just in case they don like bank statement...

Does any SGP bank loan does JB properties mention above???

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bank loan can I first get in-principal loan b4 committing deposit just in case they don like bank statement...

Does any SGP bank loan does JB properties mention above???

Ok, normally you can put down a refundable one with the developer, but important to get confirmation that if bank rejects, then you get a refund.

Ok, there are lots of banks here that have branches in SG, HSBC, UOB, OCBC to name a few. Allianz bank is also partly owned by SG if i understand correctly. They are all ok, can loan up to 80% for foreigners.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, normally you can put down a refundable one with the developer, but important to get confirmation that if bank rejects, then you get a refund.

Ok, there are lots of banks here that have branches in SG, HSBC, UOB, OCBC to name a few. Allianz bank is also partly owned by SG if i understand correctly. They are all ok, can loan up to 80% for foreigners.

Our experience is you put a deposit of about RM1000 first then they draw up the contract and you pay the 1st 10% once the lawyer's prepared your documents. This is even if you haven't secured your bank loan yet.
Bank loan as far as I know you have to use a Malaysia-based bank and can't use the Sg bank. The Nusa Idaman rep is helping source out a few banks and we've been contacted by a couple already to discuss packages further.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Our experience is you put a deposit of about RM1000 first then they draw up the contract and you pay the 1st 10% once the lawyer's prepared your documents. This is even if you haven't secured your bank loan yet.
Bank loan as far as I know you have to use a Malaysia-based bank and can't use the Sg bank. The Nusa Idaman rep is helping source out a few banks and we've been contacted by a couple already to discuss packages further.

Yes, the amount differs from developer to developer though, some requires a deposit of 10% of the purchase price, others RM 10k, some for subsale, just RM 5k and for some other properties, its RM 1k to even as low as RM 500.

You cannot use a SG bank but if one is concerned about the bank reputation, etc, one can just use banks that they are familiar with bank in SG like HSBC, UOB, OCBC for example.

You can also choose not to go with the MRTA if you don't want to. Most folks will price this into the housing loan and depending on the price of your property, it may be 20 plus to 30k RM.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just checking with folks here as i just got asked this, which one would you choose given this scenario:

1. Bank A - Approved loan amount RM308,000 + legal & stamp duty RM6200,total RM314,200,

Interest rate is FD rate 3.00% + 1.25% = 4.25%

tenure = 30 years

monthly installment = RM1546.00

2. Bank B Approved loan amount RM310,000

Interest rate is BLR rate 6.30% - 1.9% = 4.40%

tenure = 30 years

monthly installment = RM1552.00

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh by the way, aangsc, there is another alternative route to Sutera Mall from HH. Just go to the Perling toll booth or from the Perling side out towards the Pasir Gudang highway, just take the 2nd left exit that you see and go towards Tampoi area.

Drive until you see a Sutera sign and just turn left in. Drive for like 30 seconds and you are at Sutera Mall now. Fast easy, no jam! :smile:

Also, i found a long lost friend in JB, he is working in a furniture shop now, their prices are pretty good and MOST IMPORTANTLY, they ship free to Singapore every week. Need to pay GST though but hey, furniture already so cheap and in RM, heard some furniture shops in SG also order from them so going to get some. Pretty excited, will be the first place i will go to for ordering furniture for my parents as well as in-laws home in Singapore.

domo arigato ! wh e furn shop, address pls thks.

Last edited:

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I be moving from s'pore to Johor soon thus would like to know if any bro or sis here has any contacts for reliable home movers I can use? Is it advisable to engage our local movers or m'sia movers?

Status
Not open for further replies.