• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aangsc, Thanks sir, you are too kind, i am just a nobody. :smile:
Definitely not the earliest pioneer but here to help just the same.

We are all nobody.....okay not the first but certainly a daring one with children and parents in tow together. I also hope to convince mine, but they said so boring on weekdays,no karaoke kakis,tel roaming can be expensive for frequent calling, where is e catholic church ? You know when not ready -many excuses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We are all nobody.....okay not the first but certainly a daring one with children and parents in tow together. I also hope to convince mine, but they said so boring on weekdays,no karaoke kakis,tel roaming can be expensive for frequent calling, where is e catholic church ? You know when not ready -many excuses.

Thanks. Oh lots of shopping. A lot of KTVs, mostly healthy ones. Just bring them in on CW3. Don't use your phone on the weekend, just get their version of a "Hi"card and cheap and good. Use yahoo or skype to call back. :smile:

Catholic church wise:

http://wikimapia.org/9592742/Saint-Joseph-Roman-Catholic-Church
http://sg.pagenation.com/sin/Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Church_103.8232_1.5237.map

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johor_Bahru_landmarks

Roman Catholic
Cathedral of the Holy Immaculate Conception
Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
karaoke is meaningless w/o your kakis -they're stuck in SG...just like majong you need 4 . Thks, I will keep trying slowly like taichi .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree with that one, thats why you have to devote some of your weekends to bring them in and show them around. Once they see that its actually safe and ok without that much traffic(through 2nd link) then they will be more open to come. Waste a bit of petrol never mind, after all, whats a few litres of petrol amongst friends? You will more than save on food, KTV, drinks, etc by doing it here rather than back in SG.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Even my neighbour opposite me, she and her husband moved here to avoid some of the folks there. Unfortunately for the toll, not much we can do right now except to wait until they lower it which i heard is going to be soon. "

Rephrase it would be better to view HH then Mont Calista ok I shall not meet him tml instead I'll pop by next week to chk with developer to see if I can get good deals.

"There is one way to save, drive in using 2nd link (if you are coming back late at night) and back to SG using first link (if you are not in a hurry) since there is no toll charges going back in(just have to be early). You can take the highway near the Dangabay area, there will be some occasional jams but safety is not that bad if you are careful and don't go into the side roads."

Unfortunately I prefer to use Tuas for exit and JB for entry as I come back in the evening no rush but I need to work rushing. I'll try.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
"Even my neighbour opposite me, she and her husband moved here to avoid some of the folks there. Unfortunately for the toll, not much we can do right now except to wait until they lower it which i heard is going to be soon. "

Rephrase it would be better to view HH then Mont Calista ok I shall not meet him tml instead I'll pop by next week to chk with developer to see if I can get good deals.

"There is one way to save, drive in using 2nd link (if you are coming back late at night) and back to SG using first link (if you are not in a hurry) since there is no toll charges going back in(just have to be early). You can take the highway near the Dangabay area, there will be some occasional jams but safety is not that bad if you are careful and don't go into the side roads."

Unfortunately I prefer to use Tuas for exit and JB for entry as I come back in the evening no rush but I need to work rushing. I'll try.

Oh please don't let me influence you, buy on your own terms and own preference. :smile:

I was supposed to buy Mont Calista at first and now thinking back, i am very glad i came to this part of JB instead, just that i regret not coming out here much much earlier.

Oh i see, ok then either you have to wake up earlier or deal with the toll, if its any consolation, i heard that they will bring it down soon.

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
deadsoulz,
One other "hidden" cost could be the monthly maintenance fee. Is the owner footing it?

Its paid for as mentioned by bro wuqi. I was informed that I need to place a deposit of RM$1K for utility fee only on top of the rental charges.

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro wuqi for the valuable info. Your neighbour's unit sounds good.
Can u do me a favour by providing me with their contact number? I would like to arrange to view their place. I will PM you my contact.

[wuqi256;515233]Most adverts that I come across are equipped with fans, lights, grilles, water heaters, kitchen cabinets, hobs n hoods, some comes with aircon for certain rooms. Ready to move in after bringing in the sofa,beds and appliances. Yet to confirm if there's any hidden price advertised.

Great to hear, good for you! Thats a nice plan to have and you seemed to be maximizing your savings while enjoying the good life by going in here and now.

This should be ok, it really depends on the quality of the furnishings, the facing of the house as well as things like curtains. The one that was rented out at $2600 that i know my neighbour rented it out is with a bed as well as sofa and dining table so its like fully furnished. The nicer ones with better fixtures are rented out at higher price.

I have another neighbour who has a pretty nice one close to my unit(mine rented out already) at The Golf which has full grilles, kitchen hob and cabinets, very nice lights, comes with 5 airconditioners and fans as well as water heaters for all toilets. It even comes with a large balcony on the 2nd floor, she is asking for $2200 i think and if with curtains, bed, sofa, its also about $2600-$2700.[/QUOTE]

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia is worth looking at for those keen on lifestyle near the first link.
Is it really show house or show flat? Been hearing that a lot lately but for terrace and landed properties, shouldn't it be show house? Someone corrected my sister saying its a show flat for landed property and out of politeness and respect for the relative, i just smiled politely.

Its show house. Show flat is for HDBs and condos:rolleyes: In my case, the show house was exactly the same as what I get for the terrace I've bought. Hope it clears the misinterpretations.:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its show house. Show flat is for HDBs and condos:rolleyes: In my case, the show house was exactly the same as what I get for the terrace I've bought. Hope it clears the misinterpretations.:biggrin:

Yes, thats what i thought as well. Out of respect for my learned relative, i just politely smiled and changed the topic. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a truckload of people out here in Spore who still believe that investment in JB is not worth it....

I rarely bother to convince them....

Wuqi u did it right. And cathy u r right too.

Just that there are times when some irritants get on my nerves... Then i really lash back...

Yes, thats what i thought as well. Out of respect for my learned relative, i just politely smiled and changed the topic. :smile:

No point argue lah. Time will tell...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Cathy dun forget after 2 years of free security cum maintenance .... 3rd year onwards u r on your own.... Got to pay for security and or maintenance.

Which means you will have to form ur own RC with chairman to boot and go around collecting maintenance....

My local RC at ST so far i dun see much camaraderie or bonding.... Really sad...

Same here in Setia Tropika but no golf here so no membership fee to worry able. Anyway don't play golf too. The only fee I can think about is the quit rent, or land title?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree Setia prices its properties at the upper end of the scale...

I think there is a lot of strategic planning that is being done. Actually i am quite impressed with the Single Entry Single exit design at ST.

In fact when i compared that to Setias earlier developments at Bukit Indah i think what ST is offering today is really far superior.

In fact the other day i complained about the lack of traffic lights at a junction on the main access road and they got it done in about a week to 10 days time.

Now thats great. I could not believe that they could ever do something that soon and that efficient.

I think they are targetting clients with certain demographics into ST or atleast the future launches at ST

I think for Seita's project its price is a bit on the high side for many people but they always come with strategic planning and self-containing township to enhance its value. Not much of a value for money kind of scenario. Anyway, still worth the while taking a look for comparison purposes.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catholic church? U R a catholic?

Tell me about it... I went on a church finding expedition with my entire family, mum and maid in tow....

Tell you there are many churches out there. Dun ask for frills like aircon and clean toilets but catholic churches exist and you can participate pretty effectively. In fact the catholics there seem nicer than the catholics in many of the churches in Spore.

I have been to many churches there.

The one i found convenient to locate is the Cathedral of the Sacred HEart bang next to Taman Sentosa.... There is no way you can .... not find it.

The English service is approx at 745am and the Mandarin one at 9+.

There is also the church of the Immaculate Conception. Nice beautiful and old church on Jln Gereja also quite close to the City Centre. The mass in English/Bahasa (bilingual mass) is at 830 or 845.

For those of you Catholics who have not experienced a bi lingual mass this is an experience... My wife had never experienced a bi lingual service before. So she was in for a surprise. However i have been used to trilingual services and so i was quite ok with it.

There are many other smaller churches too.

If you need i can provide you with the addresses...

roaming can be expensive for frequent calling, where is e catholic church ? You know when not ready -many excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.