• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Most adverts that I come across are equipped with fans, lights, grilles, water heaters, kitchen cabinets, hobs n hoods, some comes with aircon for certain rooms. Ready to move in after bringing in the sofa,beds and appliances. Yet to confirm if there's any hidden price advertised.

Great to hear, good for you! Thats a nice plan to have and you seemed to be maximizing your savings while enjoying the good life by going in here and now.

This should be ok, it really depends on the quality of the furnishings, the facing of the house as well as things like curtains. The one that was rented out at $2600 that i know my neighbour rented it out is with a bed as well as sofa and dining table so its like fully furnished. The nicer ones with better fixtures are rented out at higher price.

I have another neighbour who has a pretty nice one close to my unit(mine rented out already) at The Golf which has full grilles, kitchen hob and cabinets, very nice lights, comes with 5 airconditioners and fans as well as water heaters for all toilets. It even comes with a large balcony on the 2nd floor, she is asking for $2200 i think and if with curtains, bed, sofa, its also about $2600-$2700.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes, "Huang Zu Xuan"
Its also called Eminent, its very near to a baby shop and also to the Eurorich hotel. Very very good and nice service. There is another one, further away that we have tried, "ta tong" something or basically large pail if you translate it directly, its pretty nice too. Receptionists they used at this one are really pretty with good ambience in a very large shared room with fruits, tea and a large projector screen with Astro provided. This one is nearer to Sutera Mall, near a row of shophouses directly adjacent to the "Zu Lin" or the Kingston Hotel. Avoid the Thai place, something like "Soul Thai", nice ambience and decoration but the folks there doing the massage do not know what they are really doing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dealsouz,
If you need any guidance on living in JB, please let us know anytime by posting here or if you need any other information. The kind bros here will help and i will as well.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, "Huang Zu Xuan"
Its also called Eminent, its very near to a baby shop and also to the Eurorich hotel. Very very good and nice service. There is another one, further away that we have tried, "ta tong" something or basically large pail if you translate it directly, its pretty nice too. Receptionists they used at this one are really pretty with good ambience in a very large shared room with fruits, tea and a large projector screen with Astro provided. This one is nearer to Sutera Mall, near a row of shophouses directly adjacent to the "Zu Lin" or the Kingston Hotel. Avoid the Thai place, something like "Soul Thai", nice ambience and decoration but the folks there doing the massage do not know what they are really doing.

Thks bro, always so helpful. any indicative price such as rate per hour ? Any couple room massage in these recommendation ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sure, its about 68 RM to a very very nice foot massage (about 90 mins) and about $100 typically per person with sometimes packages given for couples(also about 60-90 mins). There are definitely couple massages at both places mentioned. Very nice rooms especially the one near to Sutera Mall.

Last edited:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally thanks sam for the approval/ Hi my name is dante 32 this year. Always wanted to live in a bungalow/semi Ds. Finally with your thread I can fulfil my dreams. Best part I only work on the weekends so my weekdays are virtually free. I went to HH yesterday thru an agent. It was a corner terrace at 3200sqft price at 644kRM. Abit on the high side but I think sold already. Today recommended by Wuqi to look for ben to see some of the houses at gateway. Honestly I think I prefer Golf. It is more inside than gateway as it is on the outskirt on the road.

This fri looking at Mont Calista highly recommended by Malays as they like the basement. Hope I don't get flood there as today is pouring. I would like to drive at night to see HH again. Would anyone care to guide me to their house on weekdays evening?

Also I need to come out on weekends and weekdays so is there a yearly subscription I can save thru the toll charges at Tuas. Sorry I drive a conti wish to avoid the green eye monster. I know it is 10SGD per entry thru Singapore and Malaysia custom and another 10SGD going out. Weekdays I need to leave at least 3 days and weekends. How do I save?

Wuqi would love to meet you and talk to you about my rest of the life in Malaysia. Don't wish to be too old to save and live free? Soon I'll be earning USD money if my forex business takes off then I can stay in Malaysia and rot.
:biggrin:

Thanks again Wuqi and CAthy and Professor.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
danteakc,

welcome onboard, another potential Iskandar investor. Hope you find a dream home there. I guess you found the right guru Wuqi for advice, probably one of the pioneer who venture there with family in-tow. Soon we will have a little SG club there !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
deadsoulz,
One other "hidden" cost could be the monthly maintenance fee. Is the owner footing it?

Its usually covered for the first 2 years. In the case of the properties in HH, all covered by HH so there is nothing to pay for the maintenance for the first 2 years. The only other fee i can think of if someone rents a semi-d that comes with the golf club membership but need to sort out first if the golf membership can be passed on to the leasee.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just met Ben he was a great guy, patience and all. Love the view in Gateway for the Semi Ds. Saw an eagle my goodness. Would love to live there.

Wuqi/Cathy/Ang care to invite me to your place on weekdays at night? Need to see if it is visible. Went today pouring, no floods.

Cheers

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its usually covered for the first 2 years. In the case of the properties in HH, all covered by HH so there is nothing to pay for the maintenance for the first 2 years. The only other fee i can think of if someone rents a semi-d that comes with the golf club membership but need to sort out first if the golf membership can be passed on to the leasee.

Same here in Setia Tropika but no golf here so no membership fee to worry able. Anyway don't play golf too. The only fee I can think about is the quit rent, or land title?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but my house has just finished rectification work and is about to meetup with contractors to get some quotation. We usually go there on Sundays in the morning so can't help you much.

Actually you can go to the showroom to ask for viewing of showflats. Shouldn't be much of a difference anyway. I think for Seita's project its price is a bit on the high side for many people but they always come with strategic planning and self-containing township to enhance its value. Not much of a value for money kind of scenario. Anyway, still worth the while taking a look for comparison purposes.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here in Setia Tropika but no golf here so no membership fee to worry able. Anyway don't play golf too. The only fee I can think about is the quit rent, or land title?

Even HH membership is optional, I did not get it as it didn't add up. On top of one lump sum payment , you still need to pay monthly sunscription. For wkender like me , per entry charge is more worthwhile until I decide to stay permanently.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard from my neighbour HH club membership at RM10,000 is good for 50 years & golf membership is another RM30,000 I think ? Maybe wuqi can clarify is that the case ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Finally thanks sam for the approval/ Hi my name is dante 32 this year. Always wanted to live in a bungalow/semi Ds. Finally with your thread I can fulfil my dreams. Best part I only work on the weekends so my weekdays are virtually free. I went to HH yesterday thru an agent. It was a corner terrace at 3200sqft price at 644kRM. Abit on the high side but I think sold already. Today recommended by Wuqi to look for ben to see some of the houses at gateway. Honestly I think I prefer Golf. It is more inside than gateway as it is on the outskirt on the road.

This fri looking at Mont Calista highly recommended by Malays as they like the basement. Hope I don't get flood there as today is pouring. I would like to drive at night to see HH again. Would anyone care to guide me to their house on weekdays evening?

Also I need to come out on weekends and weekdays so is there a yearly subscription I can save thru the toll charges at Tuas. Sorry I drive a conti wish to avoid the green eye monster. I know it is 10SGD per entry thru Singapore and Malaysia custom and another 10SGD going out. Weekdays I need to leave at least 3 days and weekends. How do I save?

Wuqi would love to meet you and talk to you about my rest of the life in Malaysia. Don't wish to be too old to save and live free? Soon I'll be earning USD money if my forex business takes off then I can stay in Malaysia and rot.
:biggrin:

Thanks again Wuqi and CAthy and Professor.

Hi Danteakc, welcome to the club. Oh i see, good for you for taking the first step. Mont Calista is actually good too, lots of space! Its just a pity the materials and their plans for the place is quite restricted as the neighbourhood outside isn't quite so nice, lets put it this way though it does have amenities nearby, Jusco, etc. Mont Calista will be quite hard to be flooded, i see that you want the one with the basement

Even my neighbour opposite me, she and her husband moved here to avoid some of the folks there. Unfortunately for the toll, not much we can do right now except to wait until they lower it which i heard is going to be soon.

There is one way to save, drive in using 2nd link (if you are coming back late at night) and back to SG using first link (if you are not in a hurry) since there is no toll charges going back in(just have to be early). You can take the highway near the Dangabay area, there will be some occasional jams but safety is not that bad if you are careful and don't go into the side roads.

There are lots of helpful folks here who may be able to give even better guidance but i would like to help whenever i can.

Sure,that would be great. In fact, there is already a big community of SG folks here, i shall not name their instituitions but we have many from big banks, insurance companies, professionals such as engineers/architects, lawyers and doctors.

Most if not all are very pleasant and nice people.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hey Cathy, quit rent, etc are normally borne by the landlord at least to the best of my knowledge. :smile:
The leasee mainly pays the utilities and the rent. Some of my learned friends here tell their tenants that anything above 200 RM is mine, anything that is below 200 RM is yours. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Heard from my neighbour HH club membership at RM10,000 is good for 50 years & golf membership is another RM30,000 I think ? Maybe wuqi can clarify is that the case ?

Yes about there, and monthly must pay another 100 plus RM for the Golf one. :smile: I remembered the whole thing together was $35k RM. I can check if anyone is really keen.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Even HH membership is optional, I did not get it as it didn't add up. On top of one lump sum payment , you still need to pay monthly sunscription. For wkender like me , per entry charge is more worthwhile until I decide to stay permanently.

Oh yes it is unless you bought a semi-d. Then its free but still you need to pay the monthly subscription. I have made it a yearly thing and paid it until the next year. Yes per entry is better if you are not here a lot. I don't use the facilities much as i have to work, been overworked lately. My wife remarked though, at least on weeknights and weekends can really relax here. The feeling is really very different.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry but my house has just finished rectification work and is about to meetup with contractors to get some quotation. We usually go there on Sundays in the morning so can't help you much.

Actually you can go to the showroom to ask for viewing of showflats. Shouldn't be much of a difference anyway. I think for Seita's project its price is a bit on the high side for many people but they always come with strategic planning and self-containing township to enhance its value. Not much of a value for money kind of scenario. Anyway, still worth the while taking a look for comparison purposes.

Setia is worth looking at for those keen on lifestyle near the first link.
Is it really show house or show flat? Been hearing that a lot lately but for terrace and landed properties, shouldn't it be show house? Someone corrected my sister saying its a show flat for landed property and out of politeness and respect for the relative, i just smiled politely.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Aangsc, Thanks sir, you are too kind, i am just a nobody. :smile:
Definitely not the earliest pioneer but here to help just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.