• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Doesn't really affect me, i only pump the V Power fuel for my SG car anyway as i can't be bothered to have to worry if i can pump more than 20 litres. As for my MY car, i can continue to pump as much 95 or 97 as i like. I pump 97 most of the time anyway.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't really affect me, i only pump the V Power fuel for my SG car anyway as i can't be bothered to have to worry if i can pump more than 20 litres. As for my MY car, i can continue to pump as much 95 or 97 as i like. I pump 97 most of the time anyway.

My hubby couldn't be bothered to pump petrol in JB too as ours is weekend car. We just pump full tank before getting, by the time we come out, barely even 3/4 tank. Not all Singaporeans are cheapo you know?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes, it will not really affect everyone coming in as there are those who pump Ron 97 anyway and the difference between 95 and 97 is not that big a difference compared to the other alternative, pumping in Singapore.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just an update on things here:

Today went to the clubhouse to have dinner, saw a lot of SG cars, even saw an Indian/China chinese pairing who were keen. Heard her remarking to her husband that a lot of her sisters are changing to buying property here now. Went near Setia earlier today, large crowd there too.

Funny thing though, some folks were remarking that with the recent flooding of the many landed in Singapore, they might as well come here anyway. I saw some threads on flooding in SG but never knew it was that serious that even landed folks near the Yishun Transit Road Camp were affected?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A friend of mine for no reason called up and started to enquire about JB. Seems he and some others have been quite keen on JB recently, i told him its a bit late but he was still keen and i have given him some information that were posted on this thread.

One thing about the CW3 bus, it seems to be really full these days, for those who wants a good seat, best to chope it at the Causeway Cafe opposite the Jusco side, nowadays starting to be a long queue especially on weekends but thankfully buses arrive quite fast. I am pretty amazed too, potholes that you see this week will be gone by the next and filled up/done up nicely. Something is starting to change here?

Anyway, brought my relatives to the tyre/rim and car servicing and then to lighting, curtain and furniture stores at Nusa Bestari side, the area was pretty crowded even on a Monday.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how long is the CW3 ride from Bukit Indah to Jurong East during peak and off-preak hours. Contemplating taking the bus to/from work if it's a feasible option. Start work at 8.30am and end work at 6pm near the Central/West side of Singapore. Of course if/when the deal goes through and we move fully it'll be about 2+ years later, but at least we have a good idea of the situation now and hopefully it will only get better in the future :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wonder how long is the CW3 ride from Bukit Indah to Jurong East during peak and off-peak hours. Contemplating taking the bus to/from work if it's a feasible option. Start work at 8.30am and end work at 6pm near the Central/West side of Singapore. Of course if/when the deal goes through and we move fully it'll be about 2+ years later, but at least we have a good idea of the situation now and hopefully it will only get better in the future :smile:

Ok, so far its about an hour to an hour plus according to my family who has purposedly went to try this as a worst case scenario. My lecturer(and now friend) took it in and went back on it once as well and she told me it was less than an hour but this was off peak. I am sure it is feasible, at least 2 guys from a large bank are doing this. They park their cars at or near the CW3 stop and take it into SG. Then in the evenings, they get off the CW3 and take their cars back in. Save money, petrol and time according to what i understand from them.

Buses starts from 0515 hrs, seems there is even a CW4 now, going to Sutera mall area. Things seems to be looking ok:

Some interesting links:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Link
http://singaporebuspage.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/surprises-across-the-causeway/

Last edited:

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was looking at the timings and making the connection from the time the bus leaves Bukit Indah to Jurong East by looking at the same line (e.g. 5.15am - 7.30am) but it's not really correct is it? Since further down the timing runs off (e.g. 7am - 1.10pm).

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
at Nusa Bestari side, the area was pretty crowded even on a Monday.

You are absolutely right and I am finding it quite a pain sometime just to drive thru that stretch with traffic lights junction. Is there another way to Sutera from HH or is this the most straight-forward way ? They better quicken their pace to expand this stretch , it is a bottle-neck now.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you have to give other subject a chance . Anyway, many are occupied with flood@orchard.

Hey, anyone has good massage recommendaion around bukit indah ? Swiss / Balinese / TCM massages all welcome, the good clean stuff only please.

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I would like to find out what is a reasonable rental rate for Horizon Hills linkhouses (approx. 1800 -2000 sq ft built up) as I'm interested to rent a unit there. I have checked a few M'sia websites and for HH linkhouses , partially furnished, it range from RM$1600 to RM$2k+(housing agent advertiement). Is the price reasonable or are there better rates if I rent direct from homeowners? Kindly advise, Thk u.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I would like to find out what is a reasonable rental rate for Horizon Hills linkhouses (approx. 1800 -2000 sq ft built up) as I'm interested to rent a unit there. I have checked a few M'sia websites and for HH linkhouses , partially furnished, it range from RM$1600 to RM$2k+(housing agent advertiement). Is the price reasonable or are there better rates if I rent direct from homeowners? Kindly advise, Thk u.

You really have to check whether it is renovated, comes with furnishing, etc. The rental for landed properties are not that high, the price range you quoted for HH is around there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You really have to check whether it is renovated, comes with furnishing, etc. The rental for landed properties are not that high, the price range you quoted for HH is around there.

Yes the price would be very dependant on whats the layout, furnishing, the facing, etc. $1600 is extremely low though. Even $2000 is quite low for HH. I think deadsoulz can go for them as they are pretty low. My neighbours have rented out a terrace for $2600 and i have had received rental requests at $3500 for my cluster.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

The rates you have been given are very low, i am a bit suprised and quite curious as to what condition they are in actually.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have a stake in bolehland, this thread is probably the best.
For those who are tempted to put some $ in bolehland, this thread may help them make that important decision.
In any case, well done to the regular contributors ; deserve to give yourself a pat on the back.
Sticky or no sticky not really an issue. A great information database !!!

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most adverts that I come across are equipped with fans, lights, grilles, water heaters, kitchen cabinets, hobs n hoods, some comes with aircon for certain rooms. Ready to move in after bringing in the sofa,beds and appliances. Yet to confirm if there's any hidden price advertised.

I have actually booked a linkhouse at Golf precinct, will only be ready in May 2012. Will be shifting in with my parents,wife n mum-in-law. Planning to rent out my parents' flat and my flat(both fully paid for) as we have always wanted to stay together as both side of our families are small. Was thinking why not start early by renting a place to stay together while waiting for the new place to build up. I'm lucky enough to have my wife and parents supporting the idea of living in M'sia and hope things will turn out well.

Hope to hear from experienced bros here if this is feasible..

Status
Not open for further replies.