• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro , thanks for all d info . will start looking up :o

Bro Inhaler, i am happy that you have started to find out more. Do some research based on what i have posted and you already have a headstart.

I wished someone guided me through instead of me having to "knocked" my head here and there and finding out things myself. Still, i hope my rough guide would be of some use to you. All the best sir!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, tks for your reply (PM).

Referring to the link, I cant seem to find any model on the terrace houses leh? :confused:

All sold out and I suppose they bought for investment purpose? So I should approach the individual investor/owner of the terrace houses if I wish to buy or thru agent?

They were all sold out coz the gateway was too popular for investment. You could go to them direct or go to an agent. I would recommend going to agents in JB.

Again, I don't have anyone specific to recommend but do a google for horizon hills terrace and you will find a few. For the best understanding of layout, i would recommend you make arrangements and see it for youself. As the cliche saying goes, seeing is believing. :smile:

For most terrace, its basically 4 or 4+1 room and basically 1 small room(granny) and 1 maid room(depending on configuration) and a 3 rooms upstairs.
One masterbedroom with attached toilet. 1 medium and 1 smaller room

sharing a toilet. There is also a space with high ceiling which lets you put a dining set + sofa there with a lcd/plasma mounted on a wall for a cosy "2nd" living area or you can use it as a formal dining area. The choice is yours. Oh and of course, all models(even the smallest) have a storeroom and wet+dry kitchen. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, if you can wait, they are building new terraces in the Golf precint but these will be sometime as this is in progress and prices start at 350k onwards.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear bros, UpYoz_olo & Whoami,

I am really glad you guys are forward looking individuals. Thanks for understanding what i am trying to do here. Whichever property you go for or which path you choose to take, sincere best wishes for you.

Again, like my dad always said to me, start small start big never mind, must start somewhere!!!

Even my dad who was a stubborn anti-jb guy is convinced after our repeated visits.

Remember, even with as little as 12-15k, you can make a difference and go for a terrace house. Own land, everything.

Forget what people will say about renovation costs etc. If you are in no hurry to rent out, you can alway renovate 1, 3, 5 or even 50 years down the road. Do it slowly as there is no hurry, there is no 99 years limit breathing down your throat. :smile:

Also for rental market, if you do it up and fully furnished, of course you can have higher rental income but there are also people who rent it out unfurnished (advantage is start up cost low as no need for furnishing, disadvantage is lesser monthly rental income) so there are many ways to skin a cat so to speak.

We need to stop only thinking out of the box, creativity cannot be taught. It is something to be learnt on your own.

We need to start thinking out of the country!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, the properties i mentioned so far are freehold land and foreigners lot so its land gazetted and meant for us anyway. :smile:

Remember to check for the status of the property though, i understand there are some other projects being launched which are 99 years. Do your sums carefully.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXgH_NBMACA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXgH_NBMACA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The places i have recommend are already developed. The development i have told them are also built up already. In fact, my comments has alway been to ask them to get those that are already built up and ready to move in. I do not stop them from getting those which are still being built as long as they are sure the developers are ok.

I cannot seriously forsee this place where there are so much growth potential with so many major brands and players like Jusco, Tesco, will fail. Unless maybe these players did not do adequate market research??

Before you make the comparison to the failed projects you mentioned, i believe you should have a visit, not to any residential developments but just to have a look.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
On the baby bonus, i got 5-6k for my son, can't remember how much. I gave back 60k that year in taxes. My mum got penalized by their stop at 2 law when she had my sister. My uncles couldn't get a job as they changed the language taught at schools abruptly..

Don't give me the bit about pampering when you don't know the suffering people went through. How many of your friends/buddies died? How sure are you that on the reasons that they died?

Since you are going to the dollars and cents levels, is pampering giving 5-6k and then getting 50-60k on a yearly basis?

You are entitled to your own opinions but please do not belittle the sacrifices people have made for the country.

My sacrifices are not a big deal as i did not yet make the ultimate sacrifice, which is to die for the country.

If you want to start calling people parasites, please look at yourself first and asked what did you do for your country. Not just 2.5 years which everyone here has done but what you will still doing. You may stop your reservist after a certain age but my medical issues will be with me till the day i die.

For me, its 24x7 suffering and there is no ROD.

Last edited:

inhaler

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro wuqi for all the info share . Mostly myself will look at the golf which is new develope , so currently u stay at MY or SG ?

In fact this place is really a lot of stress ....used to stay in a 5 room flat with just a kid and can imagine my utlities bill can go up to $200 ....cannot figure out ..aircon only on after 10pm and off at 7 am .....end up 5 yrs later have the house sold .
Salary pay cut .....but expenses no cut but increase.....how to tahan here .:eek:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks bro wuqi for all the info share . Mostly myself will look at the golf which is new develope , so currently u stay at MY or SG ?

In fact this place is really a lot of stress ....used to stay in a 5 room flat with just a kid and can imagine my utlities bill can go up to $200 ....cannot figure out ..aircon only on after 10pm and off at 7 am .....end up 5 yrs later have the house sold .
Salary pay cut .....but expenses no cut but increase.....how to tahan here .:eek:

Hi bro Inhaler, i am very sorry to hear. Sure whichever you prefer, i am happy for you. I stay still in SG for now until my parents complete the move as i want to make sure all my folks are totally ok, i would never force them against their will. I will still be in SG 20-30 percent of the time but i intend to rent out my place.

I am going to provide for my family and sisters until they get married and i want to give my dad and mum a safe and big home. I know they don't need it to be happy but i owe it to them to give them happiness. I also want my son to grow up with a fallback plan. Most people here buy insurance for their cars but forget about their children.

I can identify with your feeling, even with my current pay, its still stressful as i am taking care of my whole family and my wife and kids. My monthly utilities is 400 plus, add to my dads one, its easily 800. Plus car park and other things like town council, etc. Its more than enough to service a loan on a small unit in MY, thats the train of thought i originally had and what got me started actually.

So sorry to hear, hope that you are still doing ok? Don't give up, there are always a way.

I worked multiple jobs when i was young to put myself and siblings through school so i know what it was like and to go without meals, or utilities at home for days. My parents never sought help from the government as we always believed in depending on ourselves and slowly we pulled out of poverty.

With the move, my parents will be more than well provided for and so will be the same for my wife.

My dad will no longer be asked to go back to work by my sister who doesn't want to contribute to the family. I told my dad not to, i told him even if i have to starve, i will make sure the family is fed. That made me all the more convinced its time to make a move.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
"Go my all means and share the goodness with your countrymen. As I said, I do not doubt you with your sincerity. Let's just say, that I have exploring Johore and other states for the last 25 years - and disappointed with the Malaysian goverhment - long enough for experience you think? May be this time it will be different?"

Thank you, i will. There are always disappointments whereever one may go. Its just how someone learns from it and reacts to it.

I have not been to Malaysia as long as you did but the experience you had then may be vastly different now. Your graphical illustration of plantations, etc did not apply to me for one. I am not saying that there is no risk, as i said, read my posts.

Your past experience is useful but have you been to Malaysia lately?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Tonychat.

Its weird when he somehow keeps thinking i am only saying JB/Malaysia is good. I already said in my other posts that we should look at choices. JB/Malaysia is just one of them but he keeps talking about plantations, failed projects in Malaysia.

Its ironical that references to jobs/housing/cars/education were made and that everyone has fair access to it. I am sure many people on the forum here would beg to differ. Other threads in this forum itself are talking about being priced out of even basic housing, etc. Well everyone is entitled to his own opinion, i just felt sad that people belittle others automatically without even thinking.

If the government can encourage us to send our old folks there (JB) and die, why don't we while we are still young make the move now there or to other countries when we still can make choices rather than later when we have no choice?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I hope there will be happiness for my children at least. Put some capital and do some small business in Msia/JB lor. Need to plan of course.

Why no happiness for my children in Spore? Let me tell you why. I personally witnessed my sister and my cousins being retrenched and replaced by PRCs. Of couse you dont feel the pain, remorse and anger because you are not in their shoes. They have been with the co. between 10 - 22 years. No need to tell you what they are doing now after they were retrenched. In their forties and fifties, what kind of jobs can any co offer? Its an eye opener. Dont wish to see my children suffer the same fate. Of course theres no guarantee such thing may not happen in Msia. But one have to look at it in total perspective. In spore, frankly, salaries not in tandam with the rising cost!

No need to teach croc how to swim. I have relatives in Perak. So I know hows life in Msia. I dont wish to be a parasite by relying on relatives. When in Rome just follow what they do lor. And since when did I say cheap cheap? If those houses indeed dead cheap, I would ask bro wuqi for the price of bungalow. But I only enquire about the terrace houses only. So dont be sour grape. You stay and retire in spore. But dont one day you swallow your words and do otherwise hor. So, Gd luck to you! :rolleyes:

Bro whoami, i really feel sorry for your folks.

I was once replaced by FTs as well as the company i was working for followed the popular drive popularized by our government to outsource.

I was made redundant without warning, then asked to come back as the guys screwed up the sensitive network and database. I was offered a bonus but I didn't go back and managed to find another job.

What you said is very real and a fact in SG. I know i am one of the few luckier ones and i am not those who take blessings for granted when occasionally a drop falls on me. I am not sure if my luck can continue to hold past age 55.

I really don't want to end up as a taxi driver or a security guard. Most importantly, i don't want to see my kids and parents suffer. I can fall and die tomorrow but i cannot let my family suffer.

Yes, you only asked me for terrace housing and even then you were prudent, your words are true.

I really hope that you succeed and follow your dreams. I find it sad that Koreans/Japanese support each other in many many countries including our own but in SG and even overseas, we are always trying to put down/discourage each other.

This has to change, we are a dying breed as it is.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the part where the pappies contradict themselves. Well said.

In fact, all those who still can should just leave. Pappies jaws will drop when there is a mass exodus. There is no future here. There is no reason to remain.
Let them supplant one set of enlightened slaves with another to be enlightened. See how long they can carry on.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Thanks Tonychat.

Its weird when he somehow keeps thinking i am only saying JB/Malaysia is good. I already said in my other posts that we should look at choices. JB/Malaysia is just one of them but he keeps talking about plantations, failed projects in Malaysia.

Its ironical that references to jobs/housing/cars/education were made and that everyone has fair access to it. I am sure many people on the forum here would beg to differ. Other threads in this forum itself are talking about being priced out of even basic housing, etc. Well everyone is entitled to his own opinion, i just felt sad that people belittle others automatically without even thinking.

If the government can encourage us to send our old folks there (JB) and die, why don't we while we are still young make the move now there or to other countries when we still can make choices rather than later when we have no choice?

powerhouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello my fellow neighbour..me too stay at the gateway jalan ambang..every thing you mention is 100 percent right one..except the developer buuild a drain in front on the main gate..my car is too low to park inside the house ..will scape the front bumper..sob sob.your too right ..?:smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I know, those who had actually gone over to JB are mainly those who either have relatives there or those who are over 40 years of age (baby boomers era). These are the courageous ones who need to stretch their SGD. It will take some time for the others to be convinced as they are probably still in their prime earning big bucks or perhaps too busy struggling with day to day living/issues to have time to venture out of Sg to look for alternatives.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is the part where the pappies contradict themselves. Well said.

In fact, all those who still can should just leave. Pappies jaws will drop when there is a mass exodus. There is no future here. There is no reason to remain.
Let them supplant one set of enlightened slaves with another to be enlightened. See how long they can carry on.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Thanks Hsien Tau.

Talking about something positive now, here is a website indicative on 2nd hand car pricing in Malaysia:

http://www.wemotor.com

There are other websites of course but this is what i am using to guage
how much to pay if i get a car in MY.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hello my fellow neighbour..me too stay at the gateway jalan ambang..every thing you mention is 100 percent right one..except the developer buuild a drain in front on the main gate..my car is too low to park inside the house ..will scape the front bumper..sob sob.your too right ..?:smile:

Hi Powerhouse!

Hello fellow neighbour! Oh which one? Most of the drains are covered up. If they really did so, you should write to them as i understand properties here are still covered by warranty? My wall had a bit of paint and the developer guy already got someone to clean up even before i asked.

Maybe if all else fails, jack up your car to the standard height? They should do something though.

I don't have a problem with it, then again maybe i haven't noticed yet i am leaving my car outside my left one most of the time as i am going for renovation on the right side first.

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Hsien Tau.
Here is a website indicative on 2nd hand car pricing in Malaysia:

http://www.wemotor.com

There are other websites of course but this is what i am using to guage
how much to pay if i get a car in MY.

Don't think you are taking the MM2H (Msia My 2nd Home) route but the one and only benefit as of now is that you can buy a tax/duty free car.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Don't think you are taking the MM2H (Msia My 2nd Home) route but the one and only benefit as of now is that you can buy a tax/duty free car.

Thanks toyohon, yes i am not taking that for now.
Its either a nice 2nd hand one or a long term rental car.

Status
Not open for further replies.