• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done bro. You started this thread on 20th Aug 2009. By Jan it had 14K hits and I made it a sticker as I thought more should benefit from your journey. 6 mths later its 56K hits and approx 15 sharing the same. You probably did more for Singaporeans who were looking for clean air and to gain some relief and sanity. I am sure there were many more that followed your thread and now have a home in JB or somewhere in Malaysia but did not tell you or thank you.

Many years ago, I realised that Malaysian PRs began to buy a second home in Malaysia even when they became Singaporeans. Thats why I felt Singaporeans should get going. You know Singaporeans - unless the Straits Times mentions it, nothing would move.

The Sultan and Menteri Besar of Johor should give our bro wuqi an award for his persistence and contribution to Iskandar Malaysia!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well done bro. You started this thread on 20th Aug 2009. By Jan it had 14K hits and I made it a sticker as I thought more should benefit from your journey. 6 mths later its 56K hits and approx 15 sharing the same. You probably did more for Singaporeans who were looking for clean air and to gain some relief and sanity. I am sure there were many more that followed your thread and now have a home in JB or somewhere in Malaysia but did not tell you or thank you.

Many years ago, I realised that Malaysian PRs began to buy a second home in Malaysia even when they became Singaporeans. Thats why I felt Singaporeans should get going. You know Singaporeans - unless the Straits Times mentions it, nothing would move.

Thanks a lot, i didn't know that people will be keen. I hoped i was of some help at least to the fellow sufferers.

Oh yes, they want a hinterland still, thats what we should too.

The BLR rate has steadily climbed from 5.55 to 6.05 and now latest i heard is its going to be 6.33! The way i see it, the gates are closing fast.

I kind of pity the staunch naysayers but they are well entitled to their views and i respect that.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro eck2912, oh i see, Nusa Duta is like 2 minutes away from HH so its a pity you missed it. HH is pretty near the Jusco and right off the 2nd link ramp after coming out from exit 308, with the Jusco to your left, you just drive straight in.

Oh i see, great for you, that area is not bad but a bit congested. Whatever your choices, you did well by coming more to see for yourself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Seems that the prices of the houses around these area are getting too hot. Prices like a mil for a semi D? last year, i was offered a semi D with big yard for 600K. I didnt took it as the finishing was poor and have to do alot of reno. Seems like the price can be comparable to prices in KL. I also see that many Singaporean are thinking of getting a place at JB. But funny that most of my relatives are not thinking of it yet. Not sure their reasons. They didnt ask my reason either. Soon with the buying power of the singaporeans, the Malaysian gov might step in to cool the prices. Then JB will be a mini Sinikapore huh?

Oh yes, its starting to but the commercial ones are also breaking the previous predictions although as always, its dependant on the location. Those in bad areas will not move much.

Its starting to correct itself and reaching but still abit aways from prices in KL. Even KL people come to JB to buy property for investment and some as they are working in SG or JB. I am sure they will, the restiction on 500k, the
banks raising the interest rates, etc. These are all to curb speculators but to the Malaysian people, they are not really affected as their government, no matter their faults, do look after their peoples welfare.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1) The Malaysian govt will not step in to moderate or manage real estate price increase. They have already done what they are supposed to do... that is protect their middle class and lower middle class from this surge in property prices by introducing the 500k threshold for foreigners.

2) The Malaysian govt may move in to curb property speculation if prices are too high. They can do this by using one of several tools such as amounts loaned by banks

3) Exactly last year semi D was 600k+ and i thought it was not in my budget....

4) Yes JB will benefit from the growth of the Spore economy. The cars at the causeway are a good example.

Yes, you are right, they are really protective and yes exactly there are many tools at their disposal. I saw in your other post you managed to get in? Good for you! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
OFcourse you have to do your reservist no matter where you are. That is what i think ....only flexibility could be dates

Oh yes, unfortunately. You can claim you are overseas though and push back the dates. This is the truth as you are overseas even though you may be in a location just 1 hour from door to door.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1) I definitely agree with the sanity part. I totally am de stressed when i am there.

2) ITs not just about buying in Malaysia. YOu could even buy in Philippines or thailand. For eg In the philippines you are only allowed to buy condos or bungalows with condo titles if you are a foreigner. Luckily in the philippines there is no threshold set yet.... so you can basically buy any unit....

Obviously wuqi has opened the eyes of many singaporeans and i am glad for that....So that Sporeans know they have a choice....

3) Singaporeans cant think out of the box or out of their country. They fail at both.

Thank you, the original (and still current) purpose was to let fellow suffers know they have a choice. This is really voting with your feet in terms of costs but still be able to maintain links with other family members and friends.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1) I definitely agree with the sanity part. I totally am de stressed when i am there.

2) ITs not just about buying in Malaysia. YOu could even buy in Philippines or thailand. For eg In the philippines you are only allowed to buy condos or bungalows with condo titles if you are a foreigner. Luckily in the philippines there is no threshold set yet.... so you can basically buy any unit....

Obviously wuqi has opened the eyes of many singaporeans and i am glad for that....So that Sporeans know they have a choice....

3) Singaporeans cant think out of the box or out of their country. They fail at both.

Thank you, the original (and still current) purpose was to let fellow suffers know they have a choice. This is really voting with your feet in terms of costs and the space but still be able to maintain links with other family members and friends.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The Sultan and Menteri Besar of Johor should give our bro wuqi an award for his persistence and contribution to Iskandar Malaysia!

Thanks, i don't deserve it, i just saw a golden opportunity and took it and i wanted to share it with fellow sufferers.

I just want to help where ever i can. To me, the foreigners can just have the place and make prices ever higher while we withdraw to higher ground.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Actually, you deserve thanks from everyone for your part in making this a sticky.

A beacon left on the ground can only shine so far, thank you for putting the beacon on a post so that it can help to illuminate more and help to steer the ships to safe harbour amidst the sea of uncertainty.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would advise the naysayers and skeptics to still not believe even after reading the below....

Be Open About Singapore's Investment In Johor, Says Najib

JOHOR BAHARU, July 11 (Bernama) -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has called on all parties to keep an open mind and not to be emotional about Singapore's investment in Johor, particularly in Iskandar Malaysia.

Najib, who is the Umno president, said if Singapore or other countries were investing in Iskandar Malaysia, it would be to the benefit of the people of Johor.

"If we want to see development in Iskandar Malaysia and Johor, we should be open to investments from all. There is no difference between investments from Singapore and those from the United States as long as they are beneficial," he said when opening the Pulai Umno division meeting and the Tan Sri Mohamed Rahmat Complex on Sunday.

The prime minister said parochialism should be discarded in matters concerning foreign investment, including those from Singapore "because we are now in the 21st century."

Citing an example, he said, if the United States bought palm oil from Malaysia, the move would also benefit Felda and its settlers.

On Felda, the prime minister said it was not true that the land development agency was bankrupt as alleged by the opposition.

It was the opposition leaders who were "bankrupt of ideas," he said.

He also said that Malaysia need to move forward in its quest to become a developed nation.

"We want to see Malaysia becomes a modern country, a country which is creative, innovative and able to compete at the international level," he said.

Present were Young PAP Singapore chairman Teo Ser Luck and the deputy speaker of Indonesia's house of representative, Anis Matta.

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro eck2912, oh i see, Nusa Duta is like 2 minutes away from HH so its a pity you missed it. HH is pretty near the Jusco and right off the 2nd link ramp after coming out from exit 308, with the Jusco to your left, you just drive straight in.

Oh i see, great for you, that area is not bad but a bit congested. Whatever your choices, you did well by coming more to see for yourself.

Ya lor bro. Raining, cant see the road clearly. May go again in coming weekend.
Do u heard of waterfront precinct at permas jaya called senibong cove? Look pretty well planned as it is closed to a new coastal highway but dunno will successful not for waterfront in malaysia..:p

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ya lor bro. Raining, cant see the road clearly. May go again in coming weekend.
Do u heard of waterfront precinct at permas jaya called senibong cove? Look pretty well planned as it is closed to a new coastal highway but dunno will successful not for waterfront in malaysia..:p

Oh i see, sure sounds good.

I am sure it will be nice though at Permas Jaya thoughh i am not sure of the development plan there. I would suggest speaking to the local folks and agents more on such areas but nothing beats seeing for yourself like what you did.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
nitecrawllerr, if you've driven, visited, spent your ringgit and stayed at various M'sian towns during holidays, you'll definitely adapt to JB. Besides the obvious cost savings in basic necessities, you'll continue to get your CNA, Channel 8/5, Class 95/987, etc. Its as though you've never left "home" but away from "home". The places that you've mentioned are basically the "hotter" areas right now in JB. Most of these developments center around hypermarkets like Jusco, Tesco, Giant etc. and because these areas are within the Iskandar region, genuine work can be seen right now in developing them. Potholes are paved quickly, roads are resurfaced, widened frequently. Police patrol cars are seen as well conducting checks and road blocks and contrary to what people say, I've personally seen them Polis waving Sg registered cars on and concentrate checks only on local vehicles. So there you go, infrastructure, safety, amenities, all settled for the time being. Hope things can get better.:biggrin:

Oh ya, another important point, a car is still a necessity but you don't have to worry about ERP, exorbitant parking charges (besides fighting for lots in air tight multi storey carparks), huge crowds everywhere during weekends (think ECP, major shopping centres, food centres in Sg). Bottom line, you have space, lots of it in M'sia.

Toyohon, just wondering cos me/wife still working in Sinkyland. Wont really move in (not till 10-15yrs time), maybe mthly retreat, but if decide to buy a unit there very near future, is there anyway can engage "someone" to take care of my renovation (without my constant presence cos of my work commitment) and ensuring all in good order? Wats the cost like?

Corner terrace? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.senibongcove.my/en/ Projects on the east coast of Johore.

The show house is not ready but work are in progress. This is touted as the first development undertaken by an Australian developer in Malaysia. Waterfront living just opposite Sembawang wharfs.

nitecrawllerr;
If you are not living there full-time, you'll probably got to get use to a "rhythm" commuting JB/Sg. As for supervision of renovations, you'll have to check and source for a reliable person. I know its close to impossible but you know how it is, even in Sg. The only advice I can give it not to look at price alone. Gd luck!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.