• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hmm...guess I need to do some soul searching ...I mean House searching here too.

Up this thread! :smile:

Thanks, we only live once, whether you live it in SG or other countries is up to you. My relatives came over today and started taking photos of everywhere.

I guess their idea of JB is very different from what was previously presented in SG. Now they are very keen and asked me to introduce but i told them below 500k cannot proceed already but still they want to go and view. Brought them around today and they kept praising my dad. Now they want to "book" our place during CNY for a CNY gathering.

Also, i just go an offer for my cluster today out of the blue, a couple is going to view it on Monday. I think i still won't sell it even though i will make about 80k according to the latest offer.(RM only)

Probably just rent it out as i am still more inclined to leave it to my kids, i have 2 couples (one American couple and one SG couple) who are keen and coming to view next Friday evening and Sat.

Wish me luck. I hope to get as much as possible given that the income for this unit will be given wholly to my parents as their passive income in JB. Giving someone a fish is good for the short term, teaching them how to fish or better yet, teach and buy a fishing set plus net for them. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, since this thread became a sticky, can you recall how many have bought a second home in JB or at least have put down a downpayment.

Ok, just those i personally know, i would put the figure as 11 and another 2 who just recently bought, my sister and one of my friends. Most still don't know who i am, not that i matter. If i were to add the 2 semi-d owners, then it would be 15.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, we only live once, whether you live it in SG or other countries is up to you.

Like all those skeptics. I am 1 of them to put it simple. But KNN the rising cost in Sillypore is giving me 2nd thought now. Is it very difficult to adapt msian life? How do u see the valuation of JB properties like those mentioned in this thread eg. HH, Bt Indah, and Austin area including Ada Heights/Dato Onn, S Indah?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like all those skeptics. I am 1 of them to put it simple. But KNN the rising cost in Sillypore is giving me 2nd thought now. Is it very difficult to adapt msian life? How do u see the valuation of JB properties like those mentioned in this thread eg. HH, Bt Indah, and Austin area including Ada Heights/Dato Onn, S Indah?

nitecrawllerr, if you've driven, visited, spent your ringgit and stayed at various M'sian towns during holidays, you'll definitely adapt to JB. Besides the obvious cost savings in basic necessities, you'll continue to get your CNA, Channel 8/5, Class 95/987, etc. Its as though you've never left "home" but away from "home". The places that you've mentioned are basically the "hotter" areas right now in JB. Most of these developments center around hypermarkets like Jusco, Tesco, Giant etc. and because these areas are within the Iskandar region, genuine work can be seen right now in developing them. Potholes are paved quickly, roads are resurfaced, widened frequently. Police patrol cars are seen as well conducting checks and road blocks and contrary to what people say, I've personally seen them Polis waving Sg registered cars on and concentrate checks only on local vehicles. So there you go, infrastructure, safety, amenities, all settled for the time being. Hope things can get better.:biggrin:

Oh ya, another important point, a car is still a necessity but you don't have to worry about ERP, exorbitant parking charges (besides fighting for lots in air tight multi storey carparks), huge crowds everywhere during weekends (think ECP, major shopping centres, food centres in Sg). Bottom line, you have space, lots of it in M'sia.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
nitecrawllerr, if you've driven, visited, spent your ringgit and stayed at various M'sian towns during holidays, you'll definitely adapt to JB. Besides the obvious cost savings in basic necessities, you'll continue to get your CNA, Channel 8/5, Class 95/987, etc. Its as though you've never left "home" but away from "home". The places that you've mentioned are basically the "hotter" areas right now in JB. Most of these developments center around hypermarkets like Jusco, Tesco, Giant etc. and because these areas are within the Iskandar region, genuine work can be seen right now in developing them. Potholes are paved quickly, roads are resurfaced, widened frequently. Police patrol cars are seen as well conducting checks and road blocks and contrary to what people say, I've personally seen them Polis waving Sg registered cars on and concentrate checks only on local vehicles. So there you go, infrastructure, safety, amenities, all settled for the time being. Hope things can get better.:biggrin:

Oh ya, another important point, a car is still a necessity but you don't have to worry about ERP, exorbitant parking charges (besides fighting for lots in air tight multi storey carparks), huge crowds everywhere during weekends (think ECP, major shopping centres, food centres in Sg). Bottom line, you have space, lots of it in M'sia.

I couldn't have put it better myself, its a home away from home as all the radio and tv stations are still there plus you get more stations here. Mostly malay but there are some mandarin/cantonese ones too plus with Astro being cheaper than the cable in SG, its a good deal. Very easy to adapt to as the lifestyle and language is similar, this is definitely no problem.

Property is doing pretty well here currently. See it to believe it, my relatives who came yesterday were very very surprised by what they saw here and more so especially when i used to be the greatest sceptic of JB amongst them.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, Astro, single TV provider and you get all your sports/basic programs in one package (abt RM70?), which reminds me of the Singtel/Starhub "sagas" to rip off Sg consumers in the name of competition. What a bloody joke! You've just reminded me to cancel Starhub sports subscription. In any case, NTV 7, Channel 8 (Msia) provides excellent English/Chinese programs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I couldn't have put it better myself, its a home away from home......

From what I know you can't drink the water out of the tap in Malaysia because its biologically unsafe with the bacteria & germs. Is this also true for JB:confused:

What water purification system do use for your home? Is ALL your home water purified or only the drinking & cooking water?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, just those i personally know, i would put the figure as 11 and another 2 who just recently bought, my sister and one of my friends. Most still don't know who i am, not that i matter. If i were to add the 2 semi-d owners, then it would be 15.

May I know how many children you have, their age and how they go about schooling? And after school care as well?

Andox

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know you can't drink the water out of the tap in Malaysia because its biologically unsafe with the bacteria & germs. Is this also true for JB:confused:

What water purification system do use for your home? Is ALL your home water purified or only the drinking & cooking water?

Normally, homes in malaysia will invest in some filtering system and it kinda depends on your budget.

Point of entry system and points of use system. For me i use both, a point of entry system, using a diamond brand filter and also a point of use system.

Just my 2 cents worth and i m staying in KL, but i guess the water quality not really much of a different in JB and KL.:smile:

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure thing, i hope you find a suitable one, all the best.

If you want resale, you can actually look for this agent, his name is Ben
+6012-7663655. I bought my houses from him, pretty helpful and resourceful guy but pretty busy. As always, please feel free to compare agents and prices.

Oh its for investment as well as something to leave to my sons when i am gone. No matter what they do with it, the houses in SG and JB are tokens of my love for my family.

Actually, all who did NS with me are my brothers and thats the actual purpose of this thread, to help the people who served and went through the same crap to at least get some ideas, migrate elsewhere or come here and get something to fall back on in old age or if they sell their HDB in difficulty, at least can come here instead of living in a tent on a beach.

My buddy who i still kept in touch told me this thread is like a SAFRA thingy hahaha.

Thank you.

Its rain and mostly road under construction when I was travelling to nusajaya from pasir gudang highway on saturday. I been to Nusa Duta but not to HH as the rain getting heavier finally I turn back to permas jaya (my in law place) and I found a very nice show house there - the straits residence but the price is also very nice too :p 968k to 1.1 mil for semi-D. Under construction till 2013 but It is selling fast...
Another development there is senibong cove.. a waterfront residence..

Compare to both nusajaya & permas jaya, my wife preferred permas jaya as not too congestion there.. need to c c look look first..

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that the prices of the houses around these area are getting too hot. Prices like a mil for a semi D? last year, i was offered a semi D with big yard for 600K. I didnt took it as the finishing was poor and have to do alot of reno. Seems like the price can be comparable to prices in KL. I also see that many Singaporean are thinking of getting a place at JB. But funny that most of my relatives are not thinking of it yet. Not sure their reasons. They didnt ask my reason either. Soon with the buying power of the singaporeans, the Malaysian gov might step in to cool the prices. Then JB will be a mini Sinikapore huh?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, all who did NS with me are my brothers and thats the actual purpose of this thread, to help the people who served and went through the same crap to at least get some ideas, migrate elsewhere or come here and get something to fall back on in old age or if they sell their HDB in difficulty, at least can come here instead of living in a tent on a beach. ..

I was wondering if one is living in JB & still have reservists liability, is that person still expected to return to Spore in case there is a recall exercise :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done bro. You started this thread on 20th Aug 2009. By Jan it had 14K hits and I made it a sticker as I thought more should benefit from your journey. 6 mths later its 56K hits and approx 15 sharing the same. You probably did more for Singaporeans who were looking for clean air and to gain some relief and sanity. I am sure there were many more that followed your thread and now have a home in JB or somewhere in Malaysia but did not tell you or thank you.

Many years ago, I realised that Malaysian PRs began to buy a second home in Malaysia even when they became Singaporeans. Thats why I felt Singaporeans should get going. You know Singaporeans - unless the Straits Times mentions it, nothing would move.

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that the prices of the houses around these area are getting too hot. Prices like a mil for a semi D? last year, i was offered a semi D with big yard for 600K. I didnt took it as the finishing was poor and have to do alot of reno. Seems like the price can be comparable to prices in KL. I also see that many Singaporean are thinking of getting a place at JB. But funny that most of my relatives are not thinking of it yet. Not sure their reasons. They didnt ask my reason either. Soon with the buying power of the singaporeans, the Malaysian gov might step in to cool the prices. Then JB will be a mini Sinikapore huh?

:rolleyes: soon soon. If property price in Singapore keep rising, for those who don't have yet will find a place in jb. Rm 1mil is 0.4 mil sing dollars, cheap for landed property.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a clear indication that prices are on the upswing. Thank God i bought my unit last year!! The prices now were unfathomable just 6 months ago.

The prices you are quoting for the semi D are almost the same as Setia Tropika is quoting for their semi Ds too.

Those who bought last year seem to have made paper profit atleast.

Thank you.

I found a very nice show house there - the straits residence but the price is also very nice too :p 968k to 1.1 mil for semi-D. Under construction till 2013 but It is selling fast...
Another development there is senibong cove.. a waterfront residence..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) The Malaysian govt will not step in to moderate or manage real estate price increase. They have already done what they are supposed to do... that is protect their middle class and lower middle class from this surge in property prices by introducing the 500k threshold for foreigners.

2) The Malaysian govt may move in to curb property speculation if prices are too high. They can do this by using one of several tools such as amounts loaned by banks

3) Exactly last year semi D was 600k+ and i thought it was not in my budget....

4) Yes JB will benefit from the growth of the Spore economy. The cars at the causeway are a good example.

. Soon with the buying power of the singaporeans, the Malaysian gov might step in to cool the prices. Then JB will be a mini Sinikapore huh?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) I definitely agree with the sanity part. I totally am de stressed when i am there.

2) ITs not just about buying in Malaysia. YOu could even buy in Philippines or thailand. For eg In the philippines you are only allowed to buy condos or bungalows with condo titles if you are a foreigner. Luckily in the philippines there is no threshold set yet.... so you can basically buy any unit....

Obviously wuqi has opened the eyes of many singaporeans and i am glad for that....So that Sporeans know they have a choice....

3) Singaporeans cant think out of the box or out of their country. They fail at both.

You probably did more for Singaporeans who were looking for clean air and to gain some relief and sanity. I.

Many years ago, I realised that Malaysian PRs began to buy a second home in Malaysia even when they became Singaporeans. Thats why I felt Singaporeans should get going. You know Singaporeans - unless the Straits Times mentions it, nothing would move.

Status
Not open for further replies.