PDA

View Full Version : Living in JB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

ginfreely
05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
maybe can do it by left ???? haha , just trying my luck ....

By right or by left i think there is little risk lah, when you apply housing loan in Malaysia, they don't even cross check your housing loans in SG.

Aisanbo
05-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Maybe those companies also move to Nusajaya lor ? Then save everybody the trouble of comuting in and out

Our brilliant gov is flushing these MNCs with gold to keep them here.
Once we stop the subsidies, they will surely fly to Iskander.....

Aisanbo
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
icic , can u guys advise me whether Nusa Idaman consider gd ? value for money ?

corner lot is RM541,888.00

its not well develope yet thats y is cheaper .

I can only afford 500k range ....

btw , the levy 12,000 is fixed ? i thought i read somewhere is only 10,000

Any suggestion where else should i see ??

I am still in dilema .....

coz not much facilites there and there will have a mosque there too .....

Consider Condo ? Try Sky Gardens Residences at Setia Tropika. WOuld be under your budget.
The Seeds also value for money.

Cluster house at Sutera utama at RM 550k.

Inter Terrace Oaks at Setia Eco Cascadia at RM 570k early bird price. (smaller one @502k fully booked). Launching on 16 Oct which would supposedly be then higher price already. This one is strata landed with facilities.

TinkerMan
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
NEWS: LKY steps down
Lee Kuan Yew steps down from PAP central executive committee

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011

Mr Lee Kuan Yew, together with five others, have resigned from the People's Action Party's central executive committee (CEC)

The CEC accepted the resignations of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Mr Goh Chok Tong, Mr Lim Boon Heng, Mr Wong Kan Seng, Mr George Yeo and Mrs Lim Hwee Hua on Wednesday.

In a statement, the CEC said they stepped down to facilitate leadership renewal.

Party secretary-general and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong expressed his gratitude for these individuals' contributions.

In a statement, he said: "They have played key roles in the Party over many years, especially Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Mr Goh Chok Tong who led Singapore's progress and transformation through four decades. Leadership renewal in the Party goes hand-in-hand with self-renewal among MPs and Ministers."

The CEC will appoint new members to fill these six vacancies. The process is expected to be completed by the party's Convention this November.

arsenal
05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Finally.. anyway I won't miss them.

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011

Mr Lee Kuan Yew, together with five others, have resigned from the People's Action Party's central executive committee (CEC)

The CEC accepted the resignations of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Mr Goh Chok Tong, Mr Lim Boon Heng, Mr Wong Kan Seng, Mr George Yeo and Mrs Lim Hwee Hua on Wednesday.

In a statement, the CEC said they stepped down to facilitate leadership renewal.

Party secretary-general and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong expressed his gratitude for these individuals' contributions.

In a statement, he said: "They have played key roles in the Party over many years, especially Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Mr Goh Chok Tong who led Singapore's progress and transformation through four decades. Leadership renewal in the Party goes hand-in-hand with self-renewal among MPs and Ministers."

The CEC will appoint new members to fill these six vacancies. The process is expected to be completed by the party's Convention this November.

euphony
05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I hope no likes of Tin Pei Ling to 'renew' leadership...

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011

TinkerMan
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
They have only relinquished their post in CEC.
Still MPs and salaried....

lastresort
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
:D Just to share with you guys, for those who haven't watched the trailer. "Already Famous".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZqIg7F2Wus&feature=player_embedded#!

http://youtu.be/rZqIg7F2Wus

rZqIg7F2Wus

arsenal
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
They have only relinquished their post in CEC.
Still MPs and salaried....

Lim Hwee Hwa's husband money changer/ remittance MoneyWorld -- I used before.. Later I realize their rate is almost similar to bank TT... Do make some comparison with other remittance companies before using their services..

I guess they always think people not of their kind are ignorance and easy to bluff...

Investor
05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
An owner of a bungalow in The Hills precinct in Horizon Hills has been complaining about the built quality of his house and the poor standard of HH in Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horizon-Hills-GCC-Nusajaya-Homeowners-Page/182278325136252?sk=wall) for almost a year already. From his complains, you can see that he is a very demanding person. To show you how demanding he really is, here's a very small part of all his complains, 'The build quality up here is terrible. Its unfortunate, but the monkeys working on your house have a sub-humanoid intellectual level, and can barely chew gum and fart at the same time, much less lay tile without breaking them or chiopping them. The builders cut corners EVERYWHERE... we found 240V electrical cables that should have been in conduit, merely buried a few inches below the surface of our garden... and running right diagonally across the garden.. drains flow backwards, almost every pipe fitting in many of our bathrooms leaked when we inspected the house, .... you honestly could not believe the crap we've been through... it has been 50 weeks since we moved in, and the builder is still fixing things.'

BUT when someone asked about the security of The Hills, this was his comment, "The security is.. seriously.. excellent now. We had some issues in the beginning, but they do take security very seriously, and it is excellent. The guards seem very professional, polite and are usually awake most of the time.. at least at the various guard houses and main entrances, they are extremely professional.'

ginfreely
05-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Anyone got summon at Taman Molek before? I got a RM30 summon for parking in front of a shophouse there on a weekday afternoon. How come? I thought those parking lots in front of shophouses elsewhere in JB are free - no car park sign of need to put coupons in Molek also. Can pay the summon online?

mika14
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
hi,

anyone knows if S'poreans can rent a car a JB?
any good car rental companies with good reputation to recommend?
i intend to drive up to Sepang.

thanks!

arsenal
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Anyone got summon at Taman Molek before? I got a RM30 summon for parking in front of a shophouse there on a weekday afternoon. How come? I thought those parking lots in front of shophouses elsewhere in JB are free - no car park sign of need to put coupons in Molek also. Can pay the summon online?

I have 2 summons at Taman Molek.. 1 five years ago and 1 recently.. I guess you will ignore and see if they can forget it over time..

ginfreely
05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I have 2 summons at Taman Molek.. 1 five years ago and 1 recently.. I guess you will ignore and see if they can forget it over time..

Thanks for reply. Oh looks like Molek really cannot park for free. When i come back to the car, saw only a few cars along same stretch got the pink summon leh, the rest are spared. I still dont understand how it works. No car park sign of need to put coupon. So you mean 5 years didn't pay? The JB traffic police didn't retain you at causeway for not paying? Sometimes i see them stopping SG cars just before entering causeway.

arsenal
05-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I was stopped to pay up for speeding offences but not parking offences... So I guess it is ok..

Thanks for reply. Oh looks like Molek really cannot park for free. When i come back to the car, saw only a few cars along same stretch got the pink summon leh, the rest are spared. I still dont understand how it works. No car park sign of need to put coupon. So you mean 5 years didn't pay? The JB traffic police didn't retain you at causeway for not paying? Sometimes i see them stopping SG cars just before entering causeway.

euphony
05-10-2011, 05:47 PM

Ginfreely, the best is when you park go up to the shopkeeper infront to ask need coupon or not. In the tmn molek stretch the parking auntie very onz one sure make a lot of comission. The stretch that is free is the OSK/OCBC/P1/umobile stretch/old town. The free parking comes with the newly developed shoplots for a period of 3 years. Can't remember when they'll expire though.

Sanur
05-10-2011, 07:25 PM
hi,

anyone knows if S'poreans can rent a car a JB?
any good car rental companies with good reputation to recommend?
i intend to drive up to Sepang.

thanks!

Hi mika,

Yes and these r the contacts,

1) Hawk Rent a Car - Tel : 607-2242854
2) Dialta Travel & Tour - *Tel : 607-5981677

Sanur
05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi I read somewhere, one was asking about the Mm2 applicaton. These r the procedures.

1. 4 pieces of color passport size photograph each for all including
spouse and children
2. Copy of passport all pages including empty pages.If passport renewed
less than a year please also to copy all pages of old passport.
3. Copy of marriage certficate
4. Copy of birth certificate of children including adoption papers.
5. Copy of business registration which shows applicant's shares
6. Copy of financial standing that shows liquid assets of at least
RM500,000 after conversion(applicant age below 50 years) or RM350,000
after conversion(age above 50 years).Liquid assets includes savings,fixed
deposit,shares,bonds, unit trust , retirement fund and or proof of payment
on property purchase.
7.Copy of income received not less than RM10,000 after conversion.
8.Copy of sale and purchase agreement.

Recently, they do not require applicant to go up
To KL to endorse sticker on their passport anymore, it can b done in JB

yonglip
06-10-2011, 12:18 AM
An owner of a bungalow in The Hills precinct in Horizon Hills has been complaining about the built quality of his house and the poor standard of HH in Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horizon-Hills-GCC-Nusajaya-Homeowners-Page/182278325136252?sk=wall) for almost a year already. From his complains, you can see that he is a very demanding person. To show you how demanding he really is, here's a very small part of all his complains, 'The build quality up here is terrible. Its unfortunate, but the monkeys working on your house have a sub-humanoid intellectual level, and can barely chew gum and fart at the same time, much less lay tile without breaking them or chiopping them. The builders cut corners EVERYWHERE... we found 240V electrical cables that should have been in conduit, merely buried a few inches below the surface of our garden... and running right diagonally across the garden.. drains flow backwards, almost every pipe fitting in many of our bathrooms leaked when we inspected the house, .... you honestly could not believe the crap we've been through... it has been 50 weeks since we moved in, and the builder is still fixing things.'

hi bro. i dont think he is being demanding...imagine 240V live wires buried just a few inches below the garden. if someone was digging the garden and the shovel cut those wires,....he will literally be in for a rude shock!

yonglip
06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi I read somewhere, one was asking about the Mm2 applicaton. These r the procedures.

on property purchase.

hi sanur..u mean to say that they longer require RM300K in FD anymore as long as you can show them u have more than RM500K in cash savings?..

crystal_tiong
06-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Global recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out": IMF

BRUSSELS - Recession is a live risk next year, particularly in Europe, a senior IMF figure said Wednesday in Brussels as the eurozone toils with twin sovereign debt and banking crises.

International Monetary Fund Europe director Antonio Borges warned that a recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out," citing a possibility that "activity will turn downwards."

He was issuing the IMF's economic outlook for Europe in Brussels, at a time when the Greek-triggered sovereign debt crisis has already claimed its first banking victim in Dexia with a new finance industry credit crunch punishing those most exposed to Greek debt.

The IMF still tips 1.1 percent growth for the eurozone next year, but admits it got earlier 2011 forecasts wrong and angled the 100-page report describing the region's economic prospects on policy changes that would be required if a downturn is confirmed.

Borges said the international lender of last resort would recommend "changing economic policy" away from austerity and back towards US and British-style stimulus.

Citing a "far more risk-averse" mood among investors, he said the best Europe could hope for would be "very modest" growth.

Any "stall" in growth by this year's end would demand a reversal of 2011 fiscal policy where possible, Borges said.

He said: "If ever there was a more significant recession in Europe, and I hope that is not the case but we cannot exclude it, then... all those countries with fiscal leeway might want to consider that."

He specifically ruled out Italy and Spain from turning to stimulus, but the report underlined: "The pursuit of nominal deficit targets should not come at the expense of risking a widespread contraction in economic activity."

Countries with access to funding "at historically low" interest rates "should consider delaying some of their fiscal consolidation," it said, while "monetary tightening in the cyclically more advanced economies will need to be paused or even reversed."

Ahead of new EU growth figures due out on Thursday expected to show the debt-laden currency area slipping dangerously towards negative growth, a closely-watched survey of purchasing managers showed the eurozone already flipped into reverse gear in September.

Falling to its lowest level in more than two years, the final Eurozone Composite Output Index compiled by London-based researchers Markit logged 49.1 points, compared with 50.7 in August. Any score below 50 indicates contraction.

Markit noted "faster rates of contraction in Italy and Spain accompanied by near-stagnation in France and Germany," with chief economist Chris Williamson saying the results provided "confirmation that the eurozone recovery has ground to a halt".

On Tuesday, Standard & Poor's revised downwards its growth projections for the eurozone in 2012 and warned that "the chances of Europe plunging into a new recession now appear more likely".

It put the odds for recession at 40 percent, still predicting growth of 1.1 percent for the eurozone, down from the previous 1.8 percent, but only 0.5 percent for the key Italian economy.

US bank Goldman Sachs, for its part, predicts a "light recession" across the eurozone, although it still tips 3.5 percent global growth.

In late September, the IMF warned that the global economy had entered "a dangerous new phase," saying a fall back into recession for Western economies would have serious knock-on effects for the rest of the globe.

China will continue to lead with a 9.0 percent expansion next year, it nonetheless said.

- AFP/ir

Oh no , does that means better dun buy property at the moment ??

Aisanbo
06-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Expect the recession to come 2012.
Major property markets like Sg, Hk, Kl, etc would be hit and where do investors put their money?
Maybe cheaper real estate like JB....
But Sure got risk one...
In 08-09 where sg prices fall like crazy, JB prices remain steady leh.
Just sit tight through next 2 yrs.

Sanur
06-10-2011, 02:44 AM
hi sanur..u mean to say that they longer require RM300K in FD anymore as long as you can show them u have more than RM500K in cash savings?..

Hi

This the first part of the submission, the second part will be opening a fix deposit using yr shown amount, than buy a medical issuance, a basic medical check up. The last will b having the mm2 sticker on yr passport which could b done in Jb itself

arsenal
06-10-2011, 03:05 AM
I have a learned friend in property planning business who believe property market will crash since 2004.. So until today, he is still sitting on cash.. not a single property...

Now everyone is expecting property to crash in 2013.. I don't know.... In year 2008 financial crissis, we also expect property to crash..but...

Global recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out": IMF

BRUSSELS - Recession is a live risk next year, particularly in Europe, a senior IMF figure said Wednesday in Brussels as the eurozone toils with twin sovereign debt and banking crises.

International Monetary Fund Europe director Antonio Borges warned that a recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out," citing a possibility that "activity will turn downwards."

He was issuing the IMF's economic outlook for Europe in Brussels, at a time when the Greek-triggered sovereign debt crisis has already claimed its first banking victim in Dexia with a new finance industry credit crunch punishing those most exposed to Greek debt.

The IMF still tips 1.1 percent growth for the eurozone next year, but admits it got earlier 2011 forecasts wrong and angled the 100-page report describing the region's economic prospects on policy changes that would be required if a downturn is confirmed.

Borges said the international lender of last resort would recommend "changing economic policy" away from austerity and back towards US and British-style stimulus.

Citing a "far more risk-averse" mood among investors, he said the best Europe could hope for would be "very modest" growth.

Any "stall" in growth by this year's end would demand a reversal of 2011 fiscal policy where possible, Borges said.

He said: "If ever there was a more significant recession in Europe, and I hope that is not the case but we cannot exclude it, then... all those countries with fiscal leeway might want to consider that."

He specifically ruled out Italy and Spain from turning to stimulus, but the report underlined: "The pursuit of nominal deficit targets should not come at the expense of risking a widespread contraction in economic activity."

Countries with access to funding "at historically low" interest rates "should consider delaying some of their fiscal consolidation," it said, while "monetary tightening in the cyclically more advanced economies will need to be paused or even reversed."

Ahead of new EU growth figures due out on Thursday expected to show the debt-laden currency area slipping dangerously towards negative growth, a closely-watched survey of purchasing managers showed the eurozone already flipped into reverse gear in September.

Falling to its lowest level in more than two years, the final Eurozone Composite Output Index compiled by London-based researchers Markit logged 49.1 points, compared with 50.7 in August. Any score below 50 indicates contraction.

Markit noted "faster rates of contraction in Italy and Spain accompanied by near-stagnation in France and Germany," with chief economist Chris Williamson saying the results provided "confirmation that the eurozone recovery has ground to a halt".

On Tuesday, Standard & Poor's revised downwards its growth projections for the eurozone in 2012 and warned that "the chances of Europe plunging into a new recession now appear more likely".

It put the odds for recession at 40 percent, still predicting growth of 1.1 percent for the eurozone, down from the previous 1.8 percent, but only 0.5 percent for the key Italian economy.

US bank Goldman Sachs, for its part, predicts a "light recession" across the eurozone, although it still tips 3.5 percent global growth.

In late September, the IMF warned that the global economy had entered "a dangerous new phase," saying a fall back into recession for Western economies would have serious knock-on effects for the rest of the globe.

China will continue to lead with a 9.0 percent expansion next year, it nonetheless said.

- AFP/ir

Oh no , does that means better dun buy property at the moment ??

toyohon
06-10-2011, 03:46 AM

The difference is that Summons around Tamans are issued by the local town council, just like your HDB/URA - not easy for them to enforce the collection of fines whereas if you get the ones issued by their Polis Traffik, they will make efforts to hunt/haunt you for payment. But of course, you can wait for their Great Traffic Sales around their annual Merdeka Day celebrations. :)

crystal_tiong
06-10-2011, 03:48 AM
I have a learned friend in property planning business who believe property market will crash since 2004.. So until today, he is still sitting on cash.. not a single property...

Now everyone is expecting property to crash in 2013.. I don't know.... In year 2008 financial crissis, we also expect property to crash..but...

hmm , i scare recession no job then no money to pay for mortgage loans ...

jasonjst
06-10-2011, 04:05 AM
hmm , i scare recession no job then no money to pay for mortgage loans ...

Dont worry lah , you buy those near to 500K terrace , even recession the limit will still be 500K for foreigners right. Only things is the developer may give you some freebies or discount to boost sale during the recession.

crystal_tiong
06-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Dont worry lah , you buy those near to 500K terrace , even recession the limit will still be 500K for foreigners right. Only things is the developer may give you some freebies or discount to boost sale during the recession.

ya lor , so now i dun buy first is it ?
see see look look first coz i really dun like to have the mosque in the place where I be staying .....

btw , where did you buy your house ?

Sanur
06-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Agree in a way, should buy base on affordability but not during d n
Highest time

jasonjst
06-10-2011, 05:07 AM
see see look look first coz i really dun like to have the mosque in the place where I be staying .....

Mine in Sutera Utama , bought years back during the 2008 recession .

crystal_tiong
06-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Give foreigners more property mart info
Oct 06, 2011

Malaysia should put in more effort to disseminate information on the local property market overseas to attract investments in high-end projects in the country.

Malaysia Property Inc chief executive officer, Kumar Tharmalingam, said if foreign buying were to increase by three per cent, it would contribute up to RM20 billion in sales to the country's property market.

"We have all the system in place. All we need is publicity on what real estate is about in the country," he told reporters after the launch of Asia-Pacific Real Estate Association's (APREA) Malaysia Chapter today.

Last year, total property transactions in the country amounted to RM107.44 billion, of which overseas investors made up 11 per cent.

He said the lack of information was because not many international property research houses were set up in the country due to legal hindrance.

"The more international property research houses we have, the more exposed the market will be and the higher the chances they (foreign buyers) will come here," he said.

Kumar said despite more foreign investors buying local properties, the country was not expected to face housing shortage as the current infrastructure could host 50 million people compared to the country's population of about 28 million.

"Foreigners buy high-end projects which cost over RM1 million each and this does not affect the middle- and low-income buyers," he said.

The Malaysia Chapter was set up as part of APREA's strategy to operate on a decentralised basis with local identities in all key markets in the region.

It will disseminate information on the opportunities in Malaysia to the international investors and provide the local community with an expanded network. -Bernama

jasonjst
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Give foreigners more property mart info
Oct 06, 2011

Malaysia should put in more effort to disseminate information on the local property market overseas to attract investments in high-end projects in the country.

Malaysia Property Inc chief executive officer, Kumar Tharmalingam, said if foreign buying were to increase by three per cent, it would contribute up to RM20 billion in sales to the country's property market.

"We have all the system in place. All we need is publicity on what real estate is about in the country," he told reporters after the launch of Asia-Pacific Real Estate Association's (APREA) Malaysia Chapter today.

Last year, total property transactions in the country amounted to RM107.44 billion, of which overseas investors made up 11 per cent.

He said the lack of information was because not many international property research houses were set up in the country due to legal hindrance.

"The more international property research houses we have, the more exposed the market will be and the higher the chances they (foreign buyers) will come here," he said.

Kumar said despite more foreign investors buying local properties, the country was not expected to face housing shortage as the current infrastructure could host 50 million people compared to the country's population of about 28 million.

"Foreigners buy high-end projects which cost over RM1 million each and this does not affect the middle- and low-income buyers," he said.

The Malaysia Chapter was set up as part of APREA's strategy to operate on a decentralised basis with local identities in all key markets in the region.

It will disseminate information on the opportunities in Malaysia to the international investors and provide the local community with an expanded network. -Bernama

Looking at this news , it is a matter of time they up the min. price of foreigner purchase to 1 million RM . They are very interested to attract rich foreigners . This is unlike SG, fake FTs that come in with few bucks in the wallet also can . Make a few Ks a month at some KTVs or H81 , after few years can buy BTO liao !

vincentck
06-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Hi Crystal, where is this place that has a mosque? Is that at Nusa Idaman, at the corner near the Sales Office?

checkers
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Besides HH which is receiving numerous compaints of poor finishings and inferior quality of materials used, Setia properties are facing similar problems of leaking pipes and cracks etc..:mad:

Below is a Chinese JB forum , sharing the problems the owners faced after getting the keys to their new properties at Bukit Indah. :(

http://chinese4.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=2470528&extra=page%3D2&page=38

Good info to help us make that wise decision of buying a property.:)

jasonjst
06-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Besides HH which is receiving numerous compaints of poor finishings and inferior quality of materials used, Setia properties are facing similar problems of leaking pipes and cracks etc..:mad:

Below is a Chinese JB forum , sharing the problems the owners faced after getting the keys to their new properties at Bukit Indah. :(

Indah houses mostly cant match in quality lah , just see the way the high voltage wires runing infront of your houses , look cheap leh . All these should be under ground like most other high end development .

arsenal
06-10-2011, 02:42 PM
HH is not poor finishing.. I think it is no finishing at all... So one still has to do necessary renovation..

checkers
06-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Indah houses mostly cant match in quality lah , just see the way the high voltage wires runing infront of your houses , look cheap leh . All these should be under ground like most other high end development .

Actually , the cables are all underground for the new properties lah. I would say the designs and layout for Setia houses are rather interesting and modern. (much better than HH layout ) Sad that the quality does not match up lor.

I love LF's design for their Bayou Creek project ..lovely... but again it's my personal liking. I go for houses with double volume, high ceiling and lots of light.

checkers
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
HH is not poor finishing.. I think it is no finishing at all... So one still has to do necessary renovation..

lol... if HH is able to produce houses of EL/LF's quality and design, I would have bought into it. I can't "stomach' a house with ceramics or porecelain tiles all over.:eek: and paying almost a million for it.

Very hard to find a perfect house (for own stay) especially one with location, amenities, environment, security and quality finishing. Sigh....still looking :)

avalon74
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Did you see a MPJBT signage? I kenna fined elsewhere before.. Cannot pay online.. got to pay at a govt building near the old malaysian customs side.. if you need i can check the address on my payment slip..

Investor
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Crazy pricing now.. someone offered me RM 1.2m for one of my 3 storey semi-d at the Horizon Hills, fully furnished.. I told him no way.. at least RM 2M.

Hi HH,
May I know how much you bought it for and also what's the built-up size? Is it in The Golf and facing golf course? Was it a resale unit?
Do you mind sharing with us the total no. of units you have invested so far?

Whathefish
06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
lol... if HH is able to produce houses of EL/LF's quality and design, I would have bought into it. I can't "stomach' a house with ceramics or porecelain tiles all over.:eek: and paying almost a million for it.

Very hard to find a perfect house especially one with location, amenities, environment and quality finishing. Sigh....still looking :)

For HH units that has golf view, i think the price is well worth it. After reno, it'll be a landed with scenery which others can't match.
For non golf view, that's another story, but i think it's not all so bad.

For EL, I love the quality. However, it is still the typical landed where the land is flat and you don't get to see much. (see roads or see your neighbour's house...)

ginfreely
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I was stopped to pay up for speeding offences but not parking offences... So I guess it is ok..

Hmm looks like ok then :)

ginfreely
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Ginfreely, the best is when you park go up to the shopkeeper infront to ask need coupon or not. In the tmn molek stretch the parking auntie very onz one sure make a lot of comission. The stretch that is free is the OSK/OCBC/P1/umobile stretch/old town. The free parking comes with the newly developed shoplots for a period of 3 years. Can't remember when they'll expire though.

Oic actually never used coupon in JB before, only pay car park in KSL, Jusco etc, always thought the open car parks infront of shop houses are privately owned by shops and free for customers, after all no numbering and car park sign of parking rates. :)

ginfreely
06-10-2011, 05:05 PM
The difference is that Summons around Tamans are issued by the local town council, just like your HDB/URA - not easy for them to enforce the collection of fines whereas if you get the ones issued by their Polis Traffik, they will make efforts to hunt/haunt you for payment. But of course, you can wait for their Great Traffic Sales around their annual Merdeka Day celebrations. :)

So good, must wait for the sale then. When is Merdeka day? HDB/URA can charge us in court if don't pay up the fine, the only good thing is can ask for waiver from them. :)

ginfreely
06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Did you see a MPJBT signage? I kenna fined elsewhere before.. Cannot pay online.. got to pay at a govt building near the old malaysian customs side.. if you need i can check the address on my payment slip..

Just checked it is Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru, so MBJB, no T behind. The form is in pink and everything in Malay. Huh cannot pay online, plus can wait for sale and 5 years, no motivation to pay already....but can ask you for the address? Thanks a lot. :)

Oh which area were you fined for the parking? You know how the coupon system work in JB? Need to pay how much for open car park there?

LeMans2011
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
It looks most of us need to set aside maybe 1-2% of the property price to cope with some of these quality issues - if we don't want to spend a year waiting for the developer. eg. you might want to quicky make some minor rectification so that you can start renting out your house. I heard even EL is not that perfect but feedback from the Phase 1 semi-D people is at least they are responsive.

I know this is not right but seriously, do you think the developer worries about "reputation" when people are snapping up their houses before official launch?? Just look at FEO in Singapore, their reputation stinked like shit yet they remain one of the most successful developer.

To minimise the chances of these frustration, i would say if the Sales don't even treat you decently, then forget about buying - you can imagine how "responsive" they will be when you face any problems later. I tend to support the guy who started a facebook account highlighting his plight. It might affect owners who want to sell in the short term but in the long term it is good for customers.

checkers
07-10-2011, 01:00 AM
This issue of developers engaging lousy contractors and using cheapo materials to cut cost irks me.

When I read the Chinese forum of leaking toilets during the handover, it makes me laugh. My own home toilet only starts to leak after ten years :D. I cannot imagaine living in a home with such defects that have to be rectified constantly.

Properties in Singapore are generally okay in quality (of course at a price!) - but lack space , that's all.

I am not really impressed with the golf view at HH too.(my personal opinion lah) Think the scenery outside my present living room window is better (until they decide to build the mrt depot there :()

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi Crystal, where is this place that has a mosque? Is that at Nusa Idaman, at the corner near the Sales Office?

Yes , its at nusa idaman , actual location not sure yet.
But high chance could be at the sales office.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Looking at this news , it is a matter of time they up the min. price of foreigner purchase to 1 million RM .

Yes. it will be a matter of time before they revised the min to RM750K and eventually RM1 million especially for houses in the Special Economic Zone (Iskandar). The mid income locals will start to complain they are being squeezed out of the mid level markets by Singaporeans. As it is, many mid income locals are already buying houses in the RM500K range...

However i will not over commit..just one will do. In fact my JB prop represent just a small part of my net total assets.

Cheers.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry, deleted

vincentck
07-10-2011, 02:07 AM
I think you're referring to the small one near the sales office, where the mosque entrance is on the same road as the Precinct 8 entrance. I bought a unit in Precinct 8A; looking forward to it being ready in mid-2012. Already found 2 neighbours in this forum staying in the same place.

IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now. After buying NI, we have some money leftover to renovate extensively since this will be our permanent home liao. Have you purchase any units yet? All the best in your decision-making.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 02:15 AM

confirmed near the site office. you might want to check out earlier posting.

tamans with more singaporean malays as well as local malays will naturally go ahead with their mosque building plan. For other tamans, the land is catered for the mosque but it may or may not be built depending on demand.

Cheers.

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I think you're referring to the small one near the sales office, where the mosque entrance is on the same road as the Precinct 8 entrance. I bought a unit in Precinct 8A; looking forward to it being ready in mid-2012. Already found 2 neighbours in this forum staying in the same place.

IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now. After buying NI, we have some money leftover to renovate extensively since this will be our permanent home liao. Have you purchase any units yet? All the best in your decision-making.

Hi Vincent

I yet to place my deposit coz I intends to look around first , Yes , I do like NI's pricing coz I dun wan to spend too much in case i dun like it after staying but the mosque sort of makes me look elsewhere.
I didnt see any Precinct 8A , the one I am looking at its East Lake , Precinct 8 and it will only be ready 2 yrs later.

Btw , is it standard that levy for foreginer is RM12,000 ?

Thanks

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 02:20 AM
confirmed near the site office. you might want to check out earlier posting.

tamans with more singaporean malays as well as local malays will naturally go ahead with their mosque building plan. For other tamans, the land is catered for the mosque but it may or may not be built depending on demand.

Cheers.

Hi Yonglip

Thanks for sharing info .
Based on your experinces , do you think with a mosque in the taman will bring up the properties price ? I doubt so.
Neither will expats and singaporeans will invest in such areas right ?

I dun want to buy a house and the price will depreciate in yrs time due to some reason.

cleyeo
07-10-2011, 02:34 AM

Thanks

If I am not mistaken, I paid RM10600. Not sure about it, but very very sure it was less than RM12000.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 02:45 AM
If I am not mistaken, I paid RM10600. Not sure about it, but very very sure it was less than RM12000.

Yes. i just paid slightly over RM10K for the levy too. takes about 3-4 weeks from submission to approval.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi Yonglip

Based on your experinces , do you think with a mosque in the taman will bring up the properties price ? I doubt so.

I dun want to buy a house and the price will depreciate in yrs time due to some reason.

hard for me to comment. if its going to be a huge mosque that attracts not only the muslims staying in the precint but also muslims from other nearby precints then traffic/parking will be an issue..especially on Fridays. However if it is just a small local mosque then it should be neutral la.. afterall this is a muslim majority country and we have to be accepting of their religious practices and customs.

cheers.

arsenal
07-10-2011, 02:54 AM

The state consent fee is 10000RM. However the lawyer charge me a lot of misc fees which eventually add up to 11K.. Anyway...just make sure you get a good lawyer..

vincentck
07-10-2011, 02:59 AM
So good, must wait for the sale then. When is Merdeka day? HDB/URA can charge us in court if don't pay up the fine, the only good thing is can ask for waiver from them. :)
toyohon is right; it's quite challenging for the local town councils to enforce payment of fines; even in Petaling Jaya or other towns around Klang Valley. Most people I know in KL have a habit of throing away their parking summons. Until the local town council ties up with the RTD and traffic police, there is little to worry about if you don't pay. Anyway, Merdeka Day is on 31st Aug.

BTW, I'm not advocating "not" paying your fine; just sharing how it is.

arsenal
07-10-2011, 03:05 AM
toyohon is right; it's quite challenging for the local town councils to enforce payment of fines; even in Petaling Jaya or other towns around Klang Valley. Most people I know in KL have a habit of throing away their parking summons. Until the local town council ties up with the RTD and traffic police, there is little to worry about if you don't pay. Anyway, Merdeka Day is on 31st Aug.

BTW, I'm not advocating "not" paying your fine; just sharing how it is.

Even if we want to pay, we also don't know where to pay... Don't worry... just wait for traffic police to stop you for payment.. Make sure you get a receipt..

Last time I was told $250RM with receipt, $150RM with no receipt..

arsenal
07-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Crystal, buy only if you are comfortable and something you can sleep without worrying.. Frankly speaking there are lots of property options... If to buy for own stay, I think Nusa Idaman is good.. If to buy for investment, it must have something unique that you can sell to... Also be prepared to do renovation..since their finishing is really bare or nothing..

For ladies, you might consider Condo too.. Property beside mosque.. I think should be safe from robbers?

Hi Yonglip

vincentck
07-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi Vincent

I yet to place my deposit coz I intends to look around first , Yes , I do like NI's pricing coz I dun wan to spend too much in case i dun like it after staying but the mosque sort of makes me look elsewhere.
I didnt see any Precinct 8A , the one I am looking at its East Lake , Precinct 8 and it will only be ready 2 yrs later.

Thanks
Precinct 8A is already sold out; UEM just launched Precinct 8B on 18/9. I went there for the launch and was interested in the corner unit with 40ft land. FYI, the mosque that has been built is a relatively small mosque, compared to other mosques in MY. We don't really like staying near the mosque too because in Msia the Muslims are allowed to air their prayers thru loudspeakers for everyone to hear. But since we'll only be in on weekends and PH, and we have a row of houses to "absorb" the sound, it should be bearable.

Where is East Lake? Also in NI or nearby? The Precinct 8B that we saw is already under construction. Legally, the developer must complete landed properties and handover the keys 2 years from the date of S&P signing. For my unit in P8A, we signed in Dec '10 but the targeted completion date is July '12.

Regarding the levy, sorry I can't help you there because I'm a Malaysian. Other bros & sis can advise you on this.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Even if we want to pay, we also don't know where to pay... Don't worry... just wait for traffic police to stop you for payment.. Make sure you get a receipt..

Last time I was told $250RM with receipt, $150RM with no receipt..
Agreed! It's so troublesome because they don't have an online system. Even a simple tie-up with Maybank would be great; but for now they only accept assessment tax and quit rent, I think. the TP won't stop us for parking summon and I always pay my speeding summon; if I am given one; because I don't want to encourage corruption.

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Precinct 8A is already sold out; UEM just launched Precinct 8B on 18/9. I went there for the launch and was interested in the corner unit with 40ft land. FYI, the mosque that has been built is a relatively small mosque, compared to other mosques in MY. We don't really like staying near the mosque too because in Msia the Muslims are allowed to air their prayers thru loudspeakers for everyone to hear. But since we'll only be in on weekends and PH, and we have a row of houses to "absorb" the sound, it should be bearable.

Where is East Lake? Also in NI or nearby? The Precinct 8B that we saw is already under construction. Legally, the developer must complete landed properties and handover the keys 2 years from the date of S&P signing. For my unit in P8A, we signed in Dec '10 but the targeted completion date is July '12.

Regarding the levy, sorry I can't help you there because I'm a Malaysian. Other bros & sis can advise you on this.

hi again

East lake is in NI lor , but the lake is like teh tarik col .
Only those semi d owners will see the lake and the sale office at the moment.
Oh i didnt know have 8A & 8B .
Yes , its constructing now and a few has been done.
We even went to see the show house for Semi D and Terrace house . renovated until very nice ....

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Crystal, buy only if you are comfortable and something you can sleep without worrying.. Frankly speaking there are lots of property options... If to buy for own stay, I think Nusa Idaman is good.. If to buy for investment, it must have something unique that you can sell to... Also be prepared to do renovation..since their finishing is really bare or nothing..

For ladies, you might consider Condo too.. Property beside mosque.. I think should be safe from robbers?

i dun wan condo leh , stay in SG pigeon holes still not enough ah ? hahah
i want my furkids able to run around at the little garden i have wor ......
Anyway , i will go and see Setial Corals this weekends and decide .....

vincentck
07-10-2011, 03:52 AM
hi again

East lake is in NI lor , but the lake is like teh tarik col .
Only those semi d owners will see the lake and the sale office at the moment.
Oh i didnt know have 8A & 8B .
Yes , its constructing now and a few has been done.
We even went to see the show house for Semi D and Terrace house . renovated until very nice ....
Ok, i know which one is East Lake now... it's the same as Precinct 8B; we saw the semi-d and terrace show house too. My wife didn't like the kitchen concept in the semi-d where it is located at the front of the house. But we like the big open space behind the house and having a lake (altho teh tarik colour) there. It would be cool to buy remote control boats and just walk out from the semi-d to the lake and have some fun. Have they finished renovation at the terrace house? Our last trip there on 18th Sept; the terrace house was still undergoing interior renovation.

checkers
07-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Can anyone help me with the following enquiry?

If we buy a lot which is bumi-released, are there any complications involved or conditions attached?

Can we sell it to anyone?

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Ok, i know which one is East Lake now... it's the same as Precinct 8B; we saw the semi-d and terrace show house too. My wife didn't like the kitchen concept in the semi-d where it is located at the front of the house. But we like the big open space behind the house and having a lake (altho teh tarik colour) there. It would be cool to buy remote control boats and just walk out from the semi-d to the lake and have some fun. Have they finished renovation at the terrace house? Our last trip there on 18th Sept; the terrace house was still undergoing interior renovation.

yes it was done , just opp semi d , the corner lot ....
Btw , did u submit yr 6 mths saving accts to the bank ?
I find that its too personal ....
Also which u bank u loan with ?
Can share the details wilth me ? if not convenient , please pm me ...
Hopefully we can be neighbours , haha
I just submitted my documents to the sales ppl , see can approve or not first .

Thanks again.

Investor
07-10-2011, 04:14 AM
afterall this is a muslim majority country and we have to be accepting of their religious practices and customs.

Yonglip is right.
Before the Mosque topic goes out of control, here's a gentle reminder to be more mindful and sensitive when commenting.
What if you are a Christian, Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu and others are discussing the reasons why they don't like to live near a Church or Temple and that price will depreciate because of your Church or Temple?? Chinese say 'Ru4 Xiang1 Shui2 Shu2'.

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Hi Crystal,

The Foreign Levy I paid RM 10,000+.. definitely not RM 12K. Maybe someone is trying to change your name to Robert Tiong or Carrot Tiong

Submitting 6 months saving to the bank to process your loan is the formal requirements, nothing too personal because this happens in Spore too.

Wow , hmm .
no wonder UEM says have promotion to minus 10k from my current deposit , downpayment 10% & Sign S&P from the total amt.
I emailed her and see what she says ...

Thanks for sharing this info with me.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 04:47 AM
yes it was done , just opp semi d , the corner lot ....
Btw , did u submit yr 6 mths saving accts to the bank ?
I find that its too personal ....
Also which u bank u loan with ?
Can share the details wilth me ? if not convenient , please pm me ...
Hopefully we can be neighbours , haha
I just submitted my documents to the sales ppl , see can approve or not first .

Thanks again.
Do you mean the end-lot; the one with only 5-10 ft of land at the side? The corner lot is usually much bigger.

They didn't ask me for 6 months savings account because all MY banks (as I know) only provide up to 3 months account history. Yes, I provided my various bank statements to show them how much "savings" I have, to strengthen my application. If your salary is sufficient, then you don't have to show your savings if you don't want too. From what I know, they will take your SG salary and multiply by 2 to get the equivalent in RM. Banks will usually approve the loan if the total monthly installment and other commitments (personal loan, other home loans) are less than 1/3 of your salary.
E.g. If your salary is SGD5000 x2 = RM10000. 1/3 = RM3333. If your property is RM550k, with 80% loan (RM440k), your monthly installment will be RM2152 at BLR-2.4%. Since RM2152 is far lower than RM3333, it should not be a problem for the bank to approve your application, provided you don't have other financial commitments. I dunno if they consider the financial commitments in Singapore or not.

I went with my mortgage broker, Esther, who handled my previous NI purchase. She submitted my documents to RHB, OUB and HLBB and so far OUB and HLBB has contacted me for more details to process my loan application. Below are her details if you want to engage her service. But I think she is out of Msia this week.

Esther Ker (Ms)
[email protected]
H/P : +6016 7901673
PREMIER PLUS CONSULTANCY (M) SDN BHD (848188-W)
29-02 Jalan Bestari 1/5, Taman Nusa Bestari, 81300 Skudai, Johor Bahru

Hope you have weighed the pros and cons carefully because property purchase is usually the biggest purchase in a person's life.... looking forward to have you as a neighbour.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Hello, for privacy reasons I cant reveal too much. My houses at the Gateway, 2.5 storey with non-golf views were purchased at RM 800K and now easily RM 1.4M and RM 300k+ terraces now at RM 500K+.. all direct from developer.. One resale facing Golf which is facing golf views and dont plan to sell even at RM 2M so I dont know what is the price now as I never checked.

Added another 2 semis at the Golf earlier this year, both having golf views and facing Gateway semis .. great prices at RM 1.2M. Looking to sell maybe at RM 3M after 10 years.. I have been to Sentosa Cove villas, visited condos facing East Coast ocean and Bukit Timah greenery in Spore.. I must say only those condos in Sentosa such as OceanFront and the S$20 M ocean-facing villas match the scenic views of Horizon Hills Golf-facing Semis..Hence the resale value will keep on rising, unless another high-end property developer come in to build another similar concept development.

Now planning to take up RM 1.5 semis at the other side of the Golf but feel the urge to stop as prices are stagnating due to Sporeans being restricted to buy into overseas properties with HDBs.

HH, no finishing. I see the main gate I nearly wanted to faint after paying almost RM 1 million for it. But its due to the excellent resale values that I am keeping it. You know, there are no perfect developments in the world.

A few units in East Ledang but found that the increase in prices is also slow now after I purchased. I never buy into Bestari H, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman etc as these houses are perfect for own stay.. great prices and great finishing but in the long term, I am afraid it may become like another Bukit Indah houses where RM 200K still becomes RM 200k after 10+ years.

Wow bro HH, that's 5 units already... good investment into those properties. You're right about NI, good to stay, may not be good for investment. Having said that, I still think the NI house prices will rise in 2-5 years, albeit at a much slower rate than HH or EL.

Investor
07-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Many more rich Malaysians have moved in to HH and East Ledang. Houses with BMW+MERCS or MERCS+MERCS or BMW +Camry+ Harrier are so common.... everyone seem to be competing who gota the best cars in the garage.

When my unit is ready for weekend stay, I'll buy a Malaysia registered rugged truck and coat it with mud and act poor. If I'm still so unlucky and be targeted by the tugs, I'll ram those M-Fxxker down flat on the ground like what you see in Roadrunner cartoon.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Wow , hmm .
no wonder UEM says have promotion to minus 10k from my current deposit , downpayment 10% & Sign S&P from the total amt.
I emailed her and see what she says ...

Thanks for sharing this info with me.
The previous promo from UEM was RM20k cash back during the handover of keys for my Precinct 8A house; promotion ended on 25 Dec 2010. For the new launches, I believe they want to make it easier/cheaper for new buyers which is why the minus RM10k from the downpayment, instead of giving you cash back after completion.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 05:03 AM
When my unit is ready for weekend stay, I'll buy a Malaysia registered rugged truck and coat it with mud and act poor. If I'm still so unlucky and be targeted by the tugs, I'll ram those M-Fxxker down flat on the ground like what you see in Roadrunner cartoon.

hi bro..dont need for the rugged truck la..in fact those are quite ex...
i gunning for a simple sure blend in car - proton saga FLX...RM40K nia..brand new. hahaha...will drive it to death for 20 years...if u work out the sums, only close to S$70 per month to own it..assuming can really tahan 20 years i.e....at least in JB, there is no death sentence for the car after 10 years.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Yonglip is right.
Before the Mosque topic goes out of control, here's a gentle reminder to be more mindful and sensitive when commenting.
What if you are a Christian, Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu and others are discussing the reasons why they don't like to live near a Church or Temple and that price will depreciate because of your Church or Temple?? Chinese say 'Ru4 Xiang1 Shui2 Shu2'.
I think it is fair to say that there will always be pros and cons of having a religious place near your home. I'm a Catholic, but I wouldn't like to stay next to a church because of the parking problems that will occur on Saturday evenings and Sundays. And some people may not like the incense smell from neaby Buddhist temples, etc. It's all about how much one can tolerate it and whether we want to accept it or not.

When I was in uni, I stayed in the hostel and my room was above the surau (small mosque). Every morning around 5/6am, the Muslims will have their morning prayers. After a few weeks, I got used to it and wasn't woken up by the prayers being aired thru the loudspeakers.

What do you think, bro Batok Seri?

yonglip
07-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Wow bro HH, that's 5 units already... good investment into those properties. You're right about NI, good to stay, may not be good for investment. Having said that, I still think the NI house prices will rise in 2-5 years, albeit at a much slower rate than HH or EL.

i think bro HH is in a different league with multiple purchases and a view to profit from his investments. good luck bro!

For me, its different. Recently when the developer told me the selling price for my unit type has been raised by RM40K one month after i had bought it, i was like "So?.."....To me, i buy the house not to make money from it but as a weekend getaway and retirement place option. so for me, i am not so much affected by whether the price goes up or down. For investment, i still like Sing market better..in fact most of my bullets are reserved for buying a private prop in Sing...hehehe.

Cheers.

yonglip
07-10-2011, 05:45 AM
side track a bit..

i dont know whether bros have raised this before..

there is a very nice bittergourd soup outlet called JIA JIA LE located at the row of shophouses just outside the Giant at Nusa Bestari....

my wife and i usually order simple meal consisting of
LUOHANGUO drink
stir fry KangKong with garlic
bittergourd soup (med)...
cost around RM22..less than S$10..

heavenly! their bittergourd is not bitter with generous serving of pork.

sorry bros for going off tangent...

crystal_tiong
07-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...
I think thats enough for me ....
I wonder how they find out our commitment in SG , anyway I only have a car loan so hopefully its not a problem

Indeed , buying a house is a life committment , thats y I must think carefully.
I dun wan to commit too much to pay for housing loans .

Hope we can be neighbours too

Thanks again for the detailed reply and information.

jasonjst
07-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Can anyone help me with the following enquiry?

If we buy a lot which is bumi-released, are there any complications involved or conditions attached?

Can we sell it to anyone?

Released by who ? developer ?

lastresort
07-10-2011, 07:09 AM

haha bro HH probably has more than 5 in HH because he mentioned terraces. I understand the privacy reason because HH has a very small community, I know quite a few people with 7 or more units there. one of our neigbours has easily 7 in Gateway alone.

Just a few months ago, we met a rich auntie from KL, came to HH to shop for bungalows for her sons, bought one bungalow for each son. My parents also met another uncle from out of town Johor at HH sales office, said he owns hundreds of acres of agri land. Each month can earn 50k~ profit. Can buy one terrace each month with full cash down. He told us he is just one of the small plantation owners, there are probably hundreds or more of them.. Also met a hotel chain owner at HH sales office. Many Malaysians are loaded.

abugumgum
07-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I have just visited this place.

Even my wife who does not take bitter gourd, has no problem with the soup there.

side track a bit..

there is a very nice bittergourd soup outlet called JIA JIA LE located at the row of shophouses just outside the Giant at Nusa Bestari....

LUOHANGUO drink

abugumgum
07-10-2011, 08:49 AM
More and more places are coupon parking, not free parking.

Do look around for the signage or observe if others are displaying coupons.

Another way will be to check with the shops that are along the car park, if they are selling the car park coupons, very likely that place is not free parking.

dun_waste_time
07-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Bros,

Apologies for the questions..
If i'm interested to view the new launches, can i go to HH directly? Or is there any sale rep in Singapore?

Thanks

toyohon
07-10-2011, 08:56 AM
More and more places are coupon parking, not free parking.

Do look around for the signage or observe if others are displaying coupons.

Another way will be to check with the shops that are along the car park, if they are selling the car park coupons, very likely that place is not free parking.

Besides the signboard, check if it is a numbered lot - if positive display coupon.

abugumgum
07-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Heh heh. either it is crazy "fishing" price or the wrong price was keyed just like some Tesco items :)

Maybe trying to "benchmark" prices for properties.

Crazy price! RM 1.25 million for a terrace in East Ledang, the advertisement was posted on iproperty.com (http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1179896/East_Ledang_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale) yesterday.
Moreover, it's an Unfurnished show-unit(not those with full interior decor hor).
Moreover Moreover, it's an intermediate unit, not corner hor!

abugumgum
07-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Green Market Johor Bahru.

To promote our green intitative - we are planning a fun, awareness raising, Green Market in the covered car park of the new JARO building on Saturday, Oct 22 2011 at 2125 Jalan Sungai Chat between 10am and 4 pm.

It will be an event to bring together local farmers, local green enterprises and individuals who are environmentalists, amateur gardeners etc who will give talks and demonstrations. Stay tuned- more details to come about who our vendors/participants are!

We want to bring together other local enterprises who are participating in the 'green economy' like us, so that the local community can enjoy a day of shopping, food and get a more holistic picture about 'green lifestyle' choices.

More info at JARO (http://jarogreen.blogspot.com/p/green-market.html)

dun_waste_time
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Bros,

Just some questions. I'm interested in the HH development. Is there a sale rep in Singapore? I can drive up to HH, but do they have a sales office present and do they open during weekends?

Thanks

euphony
07-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...
I wonder how they find out our commitment in SG , anyway I only have a car loan so hopefully its not a problem

Crystal: MY banks dun care about SG commitments they only consider MY commitments e.g. other MY properties. At least that is what was told to me by the banker rep.

euphony
07-10-2011, 10:30 AM
side track a bit..

LUOHANGUO drink

Ooo, so going try next time I am in the vicinity. Thanks!

vincentck
07-10-2011, 12:39 PM
i think bro HH is in a different league with multiple purchases and a view to profit from his investments. good luck bro!

For me, its different. Recently when the developer told me the selling price for my unit type has been raised by RM40K one month after i had bought it, i was like "So?.."....To me, i buy the house not to make money from it but as a weekend getaway and retirement place option. so for me, i am not so much affected by whether the price goes up or down. For investment, i still like Sing market better..in fact most of my bullets are reserved for buying a private prop in Sing...hehehe.

Cheers.
Yup, definitely a different league from us mere mortals... hehe. I just bought an additional corner unit for investment; plan to sell it with a RM100k profit in 2 years time.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...

Indeed , buying a house is a life committment , thats y I must think carefully.
I dun wan to commit too much to pay for housing loans .

Hope we can be neighbours too

Thanks again for the detailed reply and information.
I doubt the MY banks will worry about your SG commitments... but I'm not sure... heheh. Sure, it would be great to know more ppl staying in NI.

Bro wuqi has started a culture of sharing and helping in this forum; and all of us are just doing our small part in living that culture. Cheers... have a great weekend

Serenity
07-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Now planning to take up RM 1.5 semis at the other side of the Golf but feel the urge to stop as prices are stagnating due to Sporeans being restricted to buy into overseas properties with HDBs.

After an hefty price rise from 2009 till 2011 and with current economic condition, prices need to take a breather. HDB owners are allowed to own private properties in Singapore and overseas after 5 years MOP, and private property owners whom are not allowed to buy a HDB resale unless they sell off their private are the ones looking for overseas properties. I myself is in the latter category.

lastresort
07-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Yup, definitely a different league from us mere mortals... hehe. I just bought an additional corner unit for investment; plan to sell it with a RM100k profit in 2 years time.

Just to share with you all the latest property gains tax law.

Real property gains tax up to curb speculation

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 7 — The government will impose a 10 per cent real property gains tax (RPGT) for properties disposed of within two years of purchase in a bid to deflate the property bubble.

RPGT for properties sold after two years and up to five years would remain at the current rate of five per cent, while those sold after five years would not be subject to the tax.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said in his Budget 2012 speech today that current measures to curb speculation had proven ineffective and needed to be strengthened.

“If not controlled, it will put pressure on the price of real estate. In the long run, it will jeopardise the ability of the low- and middle-income groups to buy houses,” he said in Parliament today.

“I am confident the revised RPGT rates are low and will not affect genuine property owners and will curb speculative activities,” added Najib, who is also finance minister.

RPGT has been set at a five per cent flat rate for properties disposed of within five years of purchase since April 1, 2007.

Prior to that, it was 30 per cent for disposal within the first two years of purchase and progressively lower for properties sold in subsequent years.

Property prices have risen dramatically since 2009, driven by low interest rates, aggressive valuations, increasingly expensive launches, a fear that homes will become even more unaffordable and lack of attractive alternative investments.

In markets such as Penang and Kuala Lumpur where an apparent speculative frenzy has taken hold, the increase in prices has been as much as 30 per cent or more in the past 12 months.

This has lead to concerns that real estate valuations have greatly outpaced income and is pricing many would-be home owners, especially from the middle-income group, out of the market.

A housing affordability chart carried in The Edge Financial Daily on August 15 showed that property prices had risen from 5.9 times income in 1989 to 10.9 times income last year.

The share of household loans to total bank loans in Malaysia, meanwhile, rose from 35.2 per cent in 2000 to 55.5 per cent in August 2010.

Last year, Putrajaya introduced a 70 per cent loan-to-value mortgage cap on third properties in response to complaints that property prices had spiralled out of control due to rampant speculation.

Several other Asian countries have taken steps to cool their real estate markets including China, Hong Kong and Singapore.

lastresort
07-10-2011, 01:50 PM
link to the above article.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/real-property-gains-tax-up-to-curb-speculation/

Whathefish
07-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I thought Iskandar region is exempted from Real Property Gains Tax?

Investor
07-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought Iskandar region is exempted from Real Property Gains Tax?

If the above is true, then whatever future increase in Real Property Gains Tax on the rest of Malaysia equals good news to Iskandar region.

Whathefish
07-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh, i mistaken. It was lifted in 2010... Now got RPGT

Investor
07-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Property prices have risen dramatically since 2009, driven by low interest rates, aggressive valuations, increasingly expensive launches,... ... ...

Horizon Hills encompasses a 480-hectare freehold development comprising 6,000 units of residential properties. Horizon Hills consists of 13 precincts, namely The Gateway, The Golf, The Greens, The Hills, The Heart, The Wetlands, The Island, The Cove, The Peak, The Waterfall, The Woodlands, The Valley and The Canal.

We've already witnessed increasingly expensive launches in Horizon Hills by their 3rd precinct The Hills, wonder what kind of launch price will we see by the time they launch the 13th precinct.

Whathefish
07-10-2011, 02:20 PM
QNS: The new RPGT rules kicks in after Budget right? If bought earlier no effect?

lastresort
07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
If the above is true, then whatever future increase in Real Property Gains Tax on the rest of Malaysia equals good news to Iskandar region.

I am not sure about the exemption from property gain tax, but anyways, if i am not wrong, this policy will have minimal impart on new properties, it affects mostly sub sales and resales cause new developments take 1 to 2 years to complete. If correct, the 2 years start from the day you sign S&P.

Most people were expecting something worst, and now that they announce it will be increased by only 5% for 2 years, it is actually a news not that bad (at least for potential speculators). No worries for home stayers and long term investors. :D

Whathefish
07-10-2011, 02:26 PM
O.o 2 years from SPA? Yah, then not much of an impact. Landed takes 1.x years. Condo takes 2 years or so.

cleyeo
07-10-2011, 02:42 PM
How do they calculate property gain tax ?.
Is it merely calculated from the GAIN only ?. If this is the case, then no effect at all because lets say your gain is 100K, then 10% tax is 10K, you still make 90K. Rite ?.

If we dont make any gain, lets say we sell it with ZERO profit (break even), any tax ?.

I just want to understand about this tax, any bros here know how it work?. dont mind sharing here I hope.

Whathefish
07-10-2011, 02:46 PM
How do they calculate property gain tax ?.
Is it merely calculated from the GAIN only ?. If this is the case, then no effect at all because lets say your gain is 100K, then 10% tax is 10K, you still make 90K. Rite ?.

If we dont make any gain, lets say we sell it with ZERO profit (break even), any tax ?.

I just want to understand about this tax, any bros here know how it work?. dont mind sharing here I hope.

From what i know, it's on the Taxable Gains, definitely not on the value of the property.

Narmi
07-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I doubt the MY banks will worry about your SG commitments... but I'm not sure... heheh. Sure, it would be great to know more ppl staying in NI.

Yo bro vincent, me wil be ur neighbor in near future tho mine in heliconia precinct :). Its definitely for own weekend stay and future perm stay when sggovt find me not economically useful anymore.

*Hats off to HH n wuqi bros for the many sound investments they have in hand so far :)

Btw i got my loan thru esther too.

Avonup
07-10-2011, 04:38 PM

1. 4 pieces of color passport size photograph each for all including
spouse and children
2. Copy of passport all pages including empty pages.If passport renewed
less than a year please also to copy all pages of old passport.
3. Copy of marriage certficate
4. Copy of birth certificate of children including adoption papers.
5. Copy of business registration which shows applicant's shares
on property purchase.
7.Copy of income received not less than RM10,000 after conversion.
8.Copy of sale and purchase agreement.

Recently, they do not require applicant to go up
To KL to endorse sticker on their passport anymore, it can b done in JB

Hi Sanur,

Could you tell me when you get the info regarding no more a need to go KL for endorsement.
I understand that you would require medical certification and insurance.
Thanks.

vincentck
07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Yo bro vincent, me wil be ur neighbor in near future tho mine in heliconia precinct :). Its definitely for own weekend stay and future perm stay when sggovt find me not economically useful anymore.

*Hats off to HH n wuqi bros for the many sound investments they have in hand so far :)

Btw i got my loan thru esther too.
Hi bro Narmi, wow... since you haven't move in yet, my guess is you bought the semi-d... nice. We were looking at that too... i like the "basement" room concept. But we wanted a bit more land so we bought the one in P8A instead. May I know which bank and interest package did you get?

Thanks.

geritan
07-10-2011, 11:01 PM
oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

usually the bank would ask for the abovementioned documents. some bank also request a report from the credit bureau of singapore. from there it will show how many loans taken, still in force and how many credit lines you have. it will show whether you have bad debt or not.
from my experiece, uob and publicbank quite easy to deal with. ambank's officer was ok, but they need to see you have lots of savings or a fat income. eonbank is the worst because if they think that you income does not justify the loan amount, they will ask you to add in another person as borrower.

geritan
07-10-2011, 11:20 PM
the summon you got is issued by MBJB. usually the malaysian will ignore them. if you pay the fine within 2 weeks, you will be given discount. i think is a 50%

Narmi
08-10-2011, 01:39 AM
the summon you got is issued by MBJB. usually the malaysian will ignore them. if you pay the fine within 2 weeks, you will be given discount. i think is a 50%

I went m'cca in june and was issued summon by the ura equivalent there cos neva display coupon. 30rm. Went to the payment counter to pay n was given discount wout qns n paid 5rm only (wic is equivalent to whole day parkg coupon wic can park anywhere in mcca town).

Narmi
08-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi bro Narmi, wow... since you haven't move in yet, my guess is you bought the semi-d... nice. We were looking at that too... i like the "basement" room concept. But we wanted a bit more land so we bought the one in P8A instead. May I know which bank and interest package did you get?

Thanks..

Excellent chox bro vincent
Coming fr spore hdb pigeon hole the small land beside the hse seems to me like a soccer field alreadyso i am fine and even if got big one may hv prob keepg grass short lol cos the last thg i want for my weekend is 2 be used for cuttg grass heheh and d basement rm concept is cool n i chop already for my MAN CAVE hehhehe..btw i got uob lah cos its d one that can give me 90% loan for 30yrs tho I plan to clear mortgage earlier than that.

*What i like abt this forum is that it is non exclusive n not based on on wic residence u reside. So we can interact wif diff jb residence owners n get pleasant surprise to get to know ppl fr ur residential area also in d forum..all thanks to bro wuqi.

*Btw long time never hear fr bro AP..where is he?

euphony
08-10-2011, 02:27 AM

i hear that they are quite strict with enforcement now no more 50%. Not sure about national day discount though.

lastresort
08-10-2011, 02:45 AM
hey guys, today's straits times report on Iskandar Malaysia again, 2 pages of report. Iskandar Malaysia, 5 years on. It's worth reading, so get your straits times today.

aangsc
08-10-2011, 06:44 AM
hey guys, today's straits times report on Iskandar Malaysia again, 2 pages of report. Iskandar Malaysia, 5 years on. It's worth reading, so get your straits times today.

I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.

The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

arsenal
08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Yes, even though these are news that we already know, I am glad it is posted for the other 80-90 % singaporeans who don't know.. Once the price shoot through roof, more people will want to buy as the fear of not able to buy in future is more powerful than the rational reasoning..

I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.

The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

Investor
08-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Hello everyone, I went to Horizon Hills' clubhouse just now and the whole carpark was full, mostly BMWs. Found out later that BMW is having a golf event today.

I'm at Bukit Indah Jusco's Lavender Bistro(free wifi) now having some snacks. Will be going to Jia Jia Le for bitter gourd soup later as recommended by Yonglip :) Have a good weekend.

aangsc
08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Hello everyone, I went to Horizon Hills' clubhouse just now and the whole carpark was full, mostly BMWs. Found out later that BMW is having a golf event today.

I'm at Bukit Indah Jusco's Lavender Bistro(free wifi) now having some snacks. Will be going to Jia Jia Le for bitter gourd soup later as recommended by Yonglip :) Have a good weekend.

Your life is good brother ! More BMW to HH , more appreciation for your investment there .

Grago
08-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

Hey Bros and Sis,

All of you so busy posting and dreaming of the 'millions' that you didn't or might have BUT thought nothing of it...... You've posted 10000 over post......:0 CONGRATULATIONS to Bro Wuqi and all the forummers.......The grandfather when HE bought that piece of land probably faced the same sort of disbelief and ridicule like Bro Wuqi and fellow forummers who bought early...... The granddad is "laughing all way to the BANK....... NOW!!!!! :)What say you Bro Wuqi!!!!!!!!On a different note, I was told that Puteri Harbour will be an interchange like CityHall MRT where the local JB light rail will connect to the MRT which will come across from TUAS?????? Suppose to be happening in 2015. Immigration formalities will be cleared at point of depature on either side of the Crossing point. So PLEASE don't jump on me....... this is what I was told. Maybe on of our fellow Bro/Sis can confirm or NOT......

Definitely more people will be moving into the area so may not have to wait as long as that wise Grandad!!!!!

euphony
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Bros,

Just some questions. I'm interested in the HH development. Is there a sale rep in Singapore? I can drive up to HH, but do they have a sales office present and do they open during weekends?

Thanks

Yes (@ clubhouse) and yes for the latter 2 questions.

jasonjst
08-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey Bros and Sis,

All of you so busy posting and dreaming of the 'millions' that you didn't or might have BUT thought nothing of it...... You've posted 10000 over post......:0 CONGRATULATIONS to Bro Wuqi and all the forummers.......The grandfather when HE bought that piece of land probably faced the same sort of disbelief and ridicule like Bro Wuqi and fellow forummers who bought early...... The granddad is "laughing all way to the BANK....... NOW!!!!! :)What say you Bro Wuqi!!!!!!!!On a different note, I was told that Puteri Harbour will be an interchange like CityHall MRT where the local JB light rail will connect to the MRT which will come across from TUAS?????? Suppose to be happening in 2015. Immigration formalities will be cleared at point of depature on either side of the Crossing point. So PLEASE don't jump on me....... this is what I was told. Maybe on of our fellow Bro/Sis can confirm or NOT......

Definitely more people will be moving into the area so may not have to wait as long as that wise Grandad!!!!!

I think the report say MRT sg station is near the Woodland Polytechnic linking to JB sentra . Fr JB sentra will then link to Nusajaya , Bukit Indah and many other areas . Unlikely to link via Tuas as that bridge is damn long like 5 km .

yonglip
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM

i like lavender's cappucino and their breads...a tad pricey tho.

lastresort
08-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I think the report say MRT sg station is near the Woodland Polytechnic linking to JB sentra . Fr JB sentra will then link to Nusajaya , Bukit Indah and many other areas . Unlikely to link via Tuas as that bridge is damn long like 5 km .

how about linking from both causeway and 2nd link, since they are extending SMRT's East West Line to Tuas, and then both lines will meet in the Nusajaya interchange. That may be a future future plan we do not know yet. :D

euphony
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
am quite happy to see many have found neighbors here in different residential enclaves. makes crossing over just that bit easier.

for those who do groceries I thought I just chip in a few stuff here and there. Amongst all the supermarts seems like tescos offer more dollar for dollar. if you do pay in SGD the exchange is very good currently they're doing 1=2.46 to 2.47 you pay sing they return you rm.

Jusco's the equivalent of cold storage sort of vaguely. They have a good collection but are the most expensive. Fruits and vegs tend to be much better than tescos in terms of quality. Tescos is a bit of hit and go. sometimes good mostly just ok and can be very bad esp. for fruits. Giant/carrefour/mydin are the inbetween of the 2 mostly. Tescos are not created equal either. Tescos bukit indah is freaking cold and this coming from someone who can generally withstand or like cooler temperatures... Seems like Tescos plentong is the cheapest amongst the whole chain in JB. I always manage to find very good deals from there e.g. nestle biomega enriched UHT milk retails for there abouts rm5.5 but can go for rm3.50 even cheaper then the usually cheapest, marigold (rm 4.45 thereabouts) when i see those i swipe at least 10 saving me rm20 just on milk alone (uht milk can keep longer). they also do more reduced/discard priced items (yellow price labels) than other branches. Though you've really got to hunt for the intact/good stuff. The cheeses omg, i swear all the leftover cheese are sent to plentong. I have bought ricotta for rm 5, mascarpone for rm3, cheddar for rm4-5, feta/goat cheese for rm7-9. the last one usually original priced at ~rm40. Italian chianti is almost always on sale and its of good quality.

Those looking for fresh meats. Kipmarts have more to offer comparatively.

Finally, don't be fooled by 'promo price'. I like to get individually oat biscuits weekly and i ever see items on full price but with a promo tag??! must shop enough to remember the approximate price to know when is it a deal or not. Also, good deals usually begins fri through to sun (sat is BYOB across the board or pay for plastic bags). don't buy the engine oils there. First they have insanely thick oils mostly e.g. 5/10/15W50 and they are exp compared to SG even after factoring conversion for 'discounted' oils. Giant in sg have very good engine oil deals once in a while. esp. mobile 1 fully synthetic series. those really cheap ones you see in JB are mostly mineral oils or semi synthetic so be careful when you buy. Giant in JB seems to have one of the best collection (compared to others) for car barang barang like the shampoos, dashboard cleaner etc.

that's it for now i think?

lastresort
08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
The Malaysian side is also planning a JB to KL electric train project (besides the high speed rail), "Gemas-Johor Baru double tracking project".

This would shorten train travel time to around 2hr 48mins. Imagine our weekend trip, we can go to melaka or KL for breakfast and shopping, come back JB for lunch and golf, and back in Singapore for dinner and supper. Makes our weekend trip more interesting and fun. Maybe can pull in more investors from Singapore and KL to JB.

Quote from their newspaper 至於尚未動工的金馬士通往新山雙軌電動火車鐵路計劃,翁詩傑表示,有關計劃一旦竣工,載客量將較目前人數增 加10倍;而原本從吉隆坡前往新山的路程,也由目前的6小時20分,縮短至2 小時48分鐘。

euphony
08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
The Malaysian side is also planning a JB to KL electric train project (besides the high speed rail), "Gemas-Johor Baru double tracking project".

This would shorten train travel time to around 2hr 48mins. Imagine our weekend trip, we can go to melaka or KL for breakfast and shopping, come back JB for lunch and golf, and back in Singapore for dinner and supper. Makes our weekend trip more interesting and fun. Maybe can pull in more investors from Singapore and KL to JB.

Quote from their newspaper 至於尚未動工的金馬士通往新山雙軌電動火車鐵路計劃,翁詩傑表示,有關計劃一旦竣工,載客量將較目前人數增 加10倍;而原本從吉隆坡前往新山的路程,也由目前的6小時20分,縮短至2 小時48分鐘。

the train project have been talked about when I was still in school, i really really hope it'll materialize. would love to take it up to KL to catch an MPO performance and then scoot back to JB in a heartbeat. :)

lastresort
08-10-2011, 02:50 PM
the train project have been talked about when I was still in school, i really really hope it'll materialize. would love to take it up to KL to catch an MPO performance and then scoot back to JB in a heartbeat. :)

I really hope they improve the connectivity between all the major cities from Penang to Selangor to KL to Malacca to JB and Singapore. This is what many developing countries are trying to do, build efficient mode of travel between major cities (even China has connected Tibet and Mongolia to the more urban cities), then there will be more economic activities between these cities, I hope one day JB would benefit more and catch up with KL and be equally well developed. :)

I see the MY gov getting more pressured to get things done because many neigbouring countries are catching up.

vincentck
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Excellent chox bro vincent
Coming fr spore hdb pigeon hole the small land beside the hse seems to me like a soccer field alreadyso i am fine and even if got big one may hv prob keepg grass short lol cos the last thg i want for my weekend is 2 be used for cuttg grass heheh and d basement rm concept is cool n i chop already for my MAN CAVE hehhehe..btw i got uob lah cos its d one that can give me 90% loan for 30yrs tho I plan to clear mortgage earlier than that.

*What i like abt this forum is that it is non exclusive n not based on on wic residence u reside. So we can interact wif diff jb residence owners n get pleasant surprise to get to know ppl fr ur residential area also in d forum..all thanks to bro wuqi.

*Btw long time never hear fr bro AP..where is he?

Yup, I understand what you mean... i had an idea to use the basement room as an AV or home cinema room. Install black-out curtains with a 7.1 sound system and 3D TV system... cool... What was UOB's package like? BLR-xx%?

Yup, altho bro wuqi bought in HH, but this forum is to share on living in JB...

vincentck
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
for those who do groceries I thought I just chip in a few stuff here and there. Amongst all the supermarts seems like tescos offer more dollar for dollar. if you do pay in SGD the exchange is very good currently they're doing 1=2.46 to 2.47 you pay sing they return you rm.

Jusco's the equivalent of cold storage sort of vaguely. They have a good collection but are the most expensive. Fruits and vegs tend to be much better than tescos in terms of quality. Tescos is a bit of hit and go. sometimes good mostly just ok and can be very bad esp. for fruits. Giant/carrefour/mydin are the inbetween of the 2 mostly. Tescos are not created equal either. Tescos bukit indah is freaking cold and this coming from someone who can generally withstand or like cooler temperatures... Seems like Tescos plentong is the cheapest amongst the whole chain in JB. I always manage to find very good deals from there e.g. nestle biomega enriched UHT milk retails for there abouts rm5.5 but can go for rm3.50 even cheaper then the usually cheapest, marigold (rm 4.45 thereabouts) when i see those i swipe at least 10 saving me rm20 just on milk alone (uht milk can keep longer). they also do more reduced/discard priced items (yellow price labels) than other branches. Though you've really got to hunt for the intact/good stuff. The cheeses omg, i swear all the leftover cheese are sent to plentong. I have bought ricotta for rm 5, mascarpone for rm3, cheddar for rm4-5, feta/goat cheese for rm7-9. the last one usually original priced at ~rm40. Italian chianti is almost always on sale and its of good quality.

Those looking for fresh meats. Kipmarts have more to offer comparatively.

Finally, don't be fooled by 'promo price'. I like to get individually oat biscuits weekly and i ever see items on full price but with a promo tag??! must shop enough to remember the approximate price to know when is it a deal or not. Also, good deals usually begins fri through to sun (sat is BYOB across the board or pay for plastic bags). don't buy the engine oils there. First they have insanely thick oils mostly e.g. 5/10/15W50 and they are exp compared to SG even after factoring conversion for 'discounted' oils. Giant in sg have very good engine oil deals once in a while. esp. mobile 1 fully synthetic series. those really cheap ones you see in JB are mostly mineral oils or semi synthetic so be careful when you buy. Giant in JB seems to have one of the best collection (compared to others) for car barang barang like the shampoos, dashboard cleaner etc.

that's it for now i think?
Bro euphony, thanks for sharing on the grocery tips.... will come in useful when I move to Nusajaya.

I really hope they improve the connectivity between all the major cities from Penang to Selangor to KL to Malacca to JB and Singapore. This is what many developing countries are trying to do, build efficient mode of travel between major cities (even China has connected Tibet and Mongolia to the more urban cities), then there will be more economic activities between these cities, I hope one day JB would benefit more and catch up with KL and be equally well developed. :)

I see the MY gov getting more pressured to get things done because many neigbouring countries are catching up.
I've a friend who works in a property research firm; she says that Iskandar Malaysia has to succeed because Msia doesn't have any other cards to play. This is their last card and "die-die", Iskandar Msia must succeed. Also, with Vietnam coming up economically, Thailand is more stable now with the new PM and Indonesia with its 200+million people, if Msia doesn't bring in the investors and big businesses, Msia might just stagnate. Just my thoughts...

lastresort
08-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Just to share a video: Rod and Hutch from 9.13 FM wreaking a havoc at Horizon Hills. :D

http://youtu.be/PH5n8LX0NME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH5n8LX0NME

Also I don't know whether this works, if anyone wants to see how Horizon Hills precints look like, you can click on the following link to view 360 degree images. You can drag the imagine so that it rotates.

http://www.360cities.net/image/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia#351.70,1.40,70.0

contra
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi all,
Is the Homefair worth a visit? Thinking bw making a visit today or spending family time (since my kids would probably not enjoy such a fair..) Any advice?

crystal_tiong
09-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi vincent

Ytd I brought my mum to see the terrace house , she didn't say much but I think she kind of like it
Anyway, can I ask how much u r paying now ? As in haven ready , we can just pay e interest instead of full mortgage ?
Can pm me yr sales person? Mine is like disappear in thin air coz maybe I small fish. Hahah

geritan
09-10-2011, 03:29 AM
I think it is fair to say that there will always be pros and cons of having a religious place near your home. I'm a Catholic, but I wouldn't like to stay next to a church because of the parking problems that will occur on Saturday evenings and Sundays. And some people may not like the incense smell from neaby Buddhist temples, etc. It's all about how much one can tolerate it and whether we want to accept it or not.

When I was in uni, I stayed in the hostel and my room was above the surau (small mosque). Every morning around 5/6am, the Muslims will have their morning prayers. After a few weeks, I got used to it and wasn't woken up by the prayers being aired thru the loudspeakers.

What do you think, bro Batok Seri?

Hi, would like to check with you, will the priest in jb help to bless the house?

Lord Aragorn
09-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Hi all,
Is the Homefair worth a visit? Thinking bw making a visit today or spending family time (since my kids would probably not enjoy such a fair..) Any advice?

I just went there yesterday to get some reno ideas for my new Straits View (http://www.straitsview.com.my) house that will be ready next year. There are 2 levels of exhibition - level 3 and level 1. Level 3 is more on electronics and some ID design. I prefer level 1 where there are some nice marble tables direct from the factory suppliers (which means much cheaper lor). Not excellent, but all in all not bad lah... I would visit again next year just before my Straits View Residences (http://www.straitsview.com.my) completion :)

lastresort
09-10-2011, 04:46 AM

Hi Euphony

This is more and more like reality

Current double tracking projects under construction are:

- Ipoh - Padang Besar ( 329 km long)

- Seremban - Gemas ( 94 km long)

That left Gemas - Johor Bahru section.

So it is more likely to be done.

lastresort
09-10-2011, 05:03 AM
I've a friend who works in a property research firm; she says that Iskandar Malaysia has to succeed because Msia doesn't have any other cards to play. This is their last card and "die-die", Iskandar Msia must succeed. Also, with Vietnam coming up economically, Thailand is more stable now with the new PM and Indonesia with its 200+million people, if Msia doesn't bring in the investors and big businesses, Msia might just stagnate. Just my thoughts...

agree agree, it was Badawi who suggested this brilliant idea. If not, Johor would still be a cowboy state haha. For their last card, they have no choice but to work with Singapore. That's why they said this whole development is to complement Singapore.

Do you think Iskandar Malaysia has in any way complemented and benefitted Singapore economically, not just Singaporeans living in JB, but the Singapore economy as a whole, or it is more of a one sided benefit?

jasonjst
09-10-2011, 07:21 AM
agree agree, it was Badawi who suggested this brilliant idea. If not, Johor would still be a cowboy state haha. For their last card, they have no choice but to work with Singapore. That's why they said this whole development is to complement Singapore.

Do you think Iskandar Malaysia has in any way complemented and benefitted Singapore economically, not just Singaporeans living in JB, but the Singapore economy as a whole, or it is more of a one sided benefit?

More of a competition to Singapore economy lah , that explain the reasons why SG gov keep a low profile in its participation. Imagine the amout of Sing dollar out flow into Iskandar , in the region of 10Billion RM so far , and more to come . The real benefits are ppl like us to take advantage of the cheaper living ! :)

lastresort
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM
More of a competition to Singapore economy lah , that explain the reasons why SG gov keep a low profile in its participation. Imagine the amout of Sing dollar out flow into Iskandar , in the region of 10Billion RM so far , and more to come . The real benefits are ppl like us to take advantage of the cheaper living ! :)

that's what my father says too. Like what I found out, Singapore government actually has a lot of investments in JB, City Square owned by GIC, other townships like sutera utama, Seri Austin, Seri alam, etc. I fear for Singapore's future if one day next generation of true Singaporeans have to relocate to JB, spur up the economy there and leave our motherland to the foreigners.

2bFree
09-10-2011, 08:40 AM
For those who aren't aware, the Coastal Highway from Danga is now linked to HH and beyond. Just went for a short drive earlier and it is very convenient! Do take note that certain stretches are still very dusty and you could be facing oncoming heavy vehicles! Please be careful.

Just outside HH, choice between JB (left) and 2nd Link (right):
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6239/6225130339_a968662cbd.jpg

Southern Entrance to HH:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6225656082_ab68d2d863.jpg

Puteri Harbour area:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6101/6225650740_d83f8c564d.jpg

The 3 massive structures at Kota Iskandar:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6032/6225652356_56de9ec35b.jpg

Fresh tarmac for the enthusiastic driver:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6224/6225130751_f89cefbcbd.jpg

Cheers!

Sanur
09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Sanur,

Could you tell me when you get the info regarding no more a need to go KL for endorsement.
I understand that you would require medical certification and insurance.
Thanks.

Hi

That's wat the my MM2 agent said as my Sis in law is applying for the application now.

Sanur
09-10-2011, 09:40 AM
The medical n insurance comes only after the documentation submission n initial approval. Once the submission is approved , then you need to go for medical checkup n take up a Hospitalization insurance plan.

Investor
09-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Your life is good brother ! More BMW to HH , more appreciation for your investment there .

But I don't have any unit in HH yet aangsc :)

Sanur
09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Investor;845215]But I don't have any unit in HH yet

Hi, wanted to share the price lists of cars for MM2 holders, but do not know how to attach. Anyone interested to received it via email n post it here for all?let me know yr email so I can forward to u

idwish
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi, can someone please let me know why is these units in HH selling $488K?

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1155245/Horizon_Hills_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale

euphony
09-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Euphony

This is more and more like reality

Current double tracking projects under construction are:

- Ipoh - Padang Besar ( 329 km long)

- Seremban - Gemas ( 94 km long)

That left Gemas - Johor Bahru section.

So it is more likely to be done.

can't wait!

euphony
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
For those who aren't aware, the Coastal Highway from Danga is now linked to HH and beyond. Just went for a short drive earlier and it is very convenient! Do take note that certain stretches are still very dusty and you could be facing oncoming heavy vehicles! Please be careful.

Cheers!

Lovely!! so the barriers are taken down already??

lastresort
09-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Cheers!

great great, can't wait to drive thru the entire stretch from custom and view the scenery with smooth traffic. :)

contra
09-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I just went there yesterday to get some reno ideas for my new Straits View (http://www.straitsview.com.my) house that will be ready next year. There are 2 levels of exhibition - level 3 and level 1. Level 3 is more on electronics and some ID design. I prefer level 1 where there are some nice marble tables direct from the factory suppliers (which means much cheaper lor). Not excellent, but all in all not bad lah... I would visit again next year just before my Straits View Residences (http://www.straitsview.com.my) completion :)

Thanks bro Aragorn. I did not go eventually. Saw in net, there will be a 'mega' one in Nov. Will make a weekend stayover outing trip with my family. Will you be taking ID? Am thinking for my HH house to do myself but not sure.....

Hi horizonhills as someone who has many units, did you do ID or self? If latter, where did you find the contractors ?

Hi euphony, from your posts, you seem to have done yourself? what was the experience like?

2bFree
09-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, the barriers are down but they are up again at night as the lights are not switched on yet!

I have gone from Danga Bay all the way to East Ledang and the main roads are ready. Very nice stretch to drive on I must say!

Went to Puteri Harbour too to have a look see and the place is nice although not much things to do yet except walk and take photos :)

Lovely!! so the barriers are taken down already??

great great, can't wait to drive thru the entire stretch from custom and view the scenery with smooth traffic. :)

contra
09-10-2011, 02:11 PM
that's what my father says too. Like what I found out, Singapore government actually has a lot of investments in JB, City Square owned by GIC, other townships like sutera utama, Seri Austin, Seri alam, etc. I fear for Singapore's future if one day next generation of true Singaporeans have to relocate to JB, spur up the economy there and leave our motherland to the foreigners.

lastresort, euphony, vincent, jasonjst,
to share my opinion on this subject.. Iskandar is a natural progression of geography and common sense for both sides for mutual gain. It is really taking off now that the politicians have settled the nonsensical fake cross-border spat. See HK & Shenzhen. After so many years Hong Kong is still resided by many locals while indeed more rich Chinese & foreigners have invested in HK property. Both sides have benefited tremendously. Also many manufacturers ('ex-made in hong kong') moved to Shenzhen, Dongguan, Guangzhou, Zhuhai etc... but residing in HK still. In the meantime HK has become even more prosperous and a key global financial centre. Singapore & Iskandar will follow this with Singapore achieving its aspiration to be high tech high R&D design manufacturing and focus on financial services - and of course some casinos for rich people playground. Iskandar does not seek to compete - thus you see the recent Iskandar repositioning as complementary economy. JB benefit from the spillover of lower-end manufacturing but also relieve population pressure on the island. I cannot imagine Singapore having the super high condos common in HK. But seeing mickey mouse condo trend, maybe it will... along with all said above positives..

euphony
09-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi euphony, from your posts, you seem to have done yourself? what was the experience like?

not tried yet I have been very curious about it for some time ever since some bro here posted an FR a few weeks back. can't wait to try it out!!

euphony
09-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Yes, the barriers are down but they are up again at night as the lights are not switched on yet!

I have gone from Danga Bay all the way to East Ledang and the main roads are ready. Very nice stretch to drive on I must say!

Went to Puteri Harbour too to have a look see and the place is nice although not much things to do yet except walk and take photos :)

aiyah wasted! I thought tonight I'll use that route as I head home to look see.

Investor
09-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Am thinking for my HH house to do myself

Hi Contra, may I know which precinct is your unit in? Can you share with us the price, type and size of your HH house(that's if you don't mind, no obligation)?

euphony
09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
to share my opinion on this subject.. Iskandar is a natural progression of geography and common sense for both sides for mutual gain. It is really taking off now that the politicians have settled the nonsensical fake cross-border spat. See HK & Shenzhen. After so many years Hong Kong is still resided by many locals while indeed more rich Chinese & foreigners have invested in HK property. Both sides have benefited tremendously. Also many manufacturers ('ex-made in hong kong') moved to Shenzhen, Dongguan, Guangzhou, Zhuhai etc... but residing in HK still. In the meantime HK has become even more prosperous and a key global financial centre. Singapore & Iskandar will follow this with Singapore achieving its aspiration to be high tech high R&D design manufacturing and focus on financial services - and of course some casinos for rich people playground. Iskandar does not seek to compete - thus you see the recent Iskandar repositioning as complementary economy. JB benefit from the spillover of lower-end manufacturing but also relieve population pressure on the island. I cannot imagine Singapore having the super high condos common in HK. But seeing mickey mouse condo trend, maybe it will... along with all said above positives..

contra, let's hope so. when that day comes in the near future all of us who's committed to our property/businesses will be laughing at the naysayers. In the heart of Shen Zhen some of the condos are very well built and can fetch even higher prices that the HK outskirts (e.g. Yuen long/元朗 etc). The malls are just as good on my last visit yet about half priced vs. HKG. as for now I am more than contented where I am thankfully having an opportunity to buy a humble home with a good environment and neighbors. if it gets better that will be icing to an already delicious cake.

Having said that SZ have the support of the chinese government. when they put their mind to it even miracles can happen (beijing olympics). As for JB corp, the determination may not be as steadfast but the heads seems to want to wrest off JB=backwater story once and for all. Even the most negative person cannot deny that JB is generally in high gear in transformation for the past few years. The projects whether they take off or not is secondary, the roads and traffic management is already a very big leap forward! :)

Avonup
09-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi

That's wat the my MM2 agent said as my Sis in law is applying for the application now.

Hi Sanur,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I've just PM you and hope to find out more about the agent.
Hopefully you could help. Cheers...

contra
09-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Contra, may I know which precinct is your unit in? Can you share with us the price, type and size of your HH house(that's if you don't mind, no obligation)?

hi Investor, i was surprised to be reminded that you have not invested in HH. In my mind you are invested in EL, HH, Setia Tropika, etc... Then I recall you are the special EL guy. When I first looked in 2010, EL was very very seductive (and very much still is, can't go by EL without resisting the urge to drop by the showhouses of the houses, as opposed to the apts) but I settled for HH Hills terrace instead as is big enough for me, being wide and large and long 26x80 plus low density. The overall HH concept, experience, logic and chi is just right for me... now worth close to RM800k.... Is ready mid next year only. But got to plan ahead . . . . . thus seeking experiences of you guys who have taken ownership and doing furnishings etc already. Would really appreciate any advice and experiences in the getting-house-ready-for-live-in.

Lord Aragorn
09-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi

Confirm. Agent can go to KL on behalf of the applicant.

Lord Aragorn
09-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks bro Aragorn. I did not go eventually. Saw in net, there will be a 'mega' one in Nov. Will make a weekend stayover outing trip with my family. Will you be taking ID? Am thinking for my HH house to do myself but

I checked a few IDs in JB... Didn't find one that gives me comfort in their commitment and work attitude. I found one in SG that is not bad.

Anyone knows a good ID in JB?

Investor
09-10-2011, 04:06 PM
hi Investor, i was surprised to be reminded that you have not invested in HH. In my mind you are invested in EL, HH, Setia Tropika, etc... Then I recall you are the special EL guy. When I first looked in 2010, EL was very very seductive (and very much still is, can't go by EL without resisting the urge to drop by the showhouses of the houses, as opposed to the apts) but I settled for HH Hills terrace instead as is big enough for me, being wide and large and long 26x80 plus low density. The overall HH concept, experience, logic and chi is just right for me... now worth close to RM800k.... Is ready mid next year only. But got to plan ahead . . . . . thus seeking experiences of you guys who have taken ownership and doing furnishings etc already. Would really appreciate any advice and experiences in the getting-house-ready-for-live-in.

Haha yes I'm the EL guy, hoping to get a unit in The Hills and be neighbour to you and Lastresort :) Thanks for sharing. What was your price in terms of psf last year? My units are not ready yet so I can't help you on the reno part.

ShawnLow
09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi guys im new to the forum. Recently tinking to get a house for future marriage purposes and have targeted bestari heights. Anyone here bought the property there? Mind share your ppinion? Many thanks~

maxpark
09-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Just curious...

For condo, its easy to determine psf pricing.

For landed, what is the usual method to determine psf pricing... is it the psf based on land size or the psf based on built-up area?

arsenal
09-10-2011, 04:48 PM
My china friend bought 6 shenzhen properties in year 2000... She left the buildings to rot for a few years as the rental yield is bad..... and she almost forget she own these properties.. Suddenly market turn and she makes millions...

contra, let's hope so. when that day comes in the near future all of us who's committed to our property/businesses will be laughing at the naysayers. In the heart of Shen Zhen some of the condos are very well built and can fetch even higher prices that the HK outskirts (e.g. Yuen long/元朗 etc). The malls are just as good on my last visit yet about half priced vs. HKG. as for now I am more than contented where I am thankfully having an opportunity to buy a humble home with a good environment and neighbors. if it gets better that will be icing to an already delicious cake.

Having said that SZ have the support of the chinese government. when they put their mind to it even miracles can happen (beijing olympics). As for JB corp, the determination may not be as steadfast but the heads seems to want to wrest off JB=backwater story once and for all. Even the most negative person cannot deny that JB is generally in high gear in transformation for the past few years. The projects whether they take off or not is secondary, the roads and traffic management is already a very big leap forward! :)

Investor
09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Just curious...

For landed, what is the usual method to determine psf pricing... is it the psf based on land size or the psf based on built-up area?

Sellers will definitely use whichever is bigger(either land or built-up) to show the psf as it'll appear cheaper.
However, it's up to the buyer to judge whether or not the selling price is reasonable.

Let's say both examples below are based on $1000psf;
1) Someone wants to sell his unit at $4.5 mil based on built-up. The land is smaller(say 3000sf) and built-up is bigger(4500sf), then it's quite reasonable to use built-up for psf.
2) If another one wants to sell his unit at $4.5 mil based on land size. The land is much bigger(4500sf) then the built-up which is really small(say 1500sf), then it's not reasonable to use land for psf.

If you like the 2nd unit, a more reasonable price would be for example, $1000psf for his built-up of 1500sf($1.5 mil) plus $500psf for his extra land of 3000sf($1.5 mil) which equals to a total of $3 mil.

Sanur
10-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi Sanur,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I've just PM you and hope to find out more about the agent.
Hopefully you could help. Cheers...

Hi

No worries hv PM u the details. Let me know if u need further info.

Hv PM u the details.

Aisanbo
10-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi, can someone please let me know why is these units in HH selling $488K?

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1155245/Horizon_Hills_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale

Let me guess. First, it's s resale so you need to pay stamp duty , legal, loan fees, etc.
Owner probably bought at a low price so 488k is a good profit for him already.
And I think its a bumiputra unit. If not, they will price it at 500k so that foreigners can buy.

Sanur
10-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Let me guess. First, it's s resale so you need to pay stamp duty , legal, loan fees, etc.
Owner probably bought at a low price so 488k is a good profit for him already.
And I think its a bumiputra unit. If not, they will price it at 500k so that foreigners can buy.

Hi

I do hear that some people gives rebates. Wonder how true

jasonjst
10-10-2011, 02:55 AM

The only different is HK and Shenzhen is one country lor , hence HK gov dont really care about HK dollar out flow to Shenzhen . China will not mind HK doing well too .

danteakc
10-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Seeders are uploaders/contributors while leechers are downloaders..
Hence it would be better to get torrent where you have a higher seeder nos..
not too sure abt anonymous downloads.. maybe some techic bros here can help..

hi guys and mentors and legends and ladies. Long time no read and visit. 500++ post it has been.
You can try pagewash. Good for anonomus download and preview once restricted site. Strictly for mature audience.
I enjoy the tranquility and silence of the HH. But now opp me got 4 more neighbours and beside me got a African tenant coming. Not sure a threat r a treat.

All the best to your ventures. As for me I'm planning to retreat to Taiwan after 5yrs after visit the place. Cheap food cheap public transport. Cents compare to dollars in Singapore and very very exquisite and exotics and extremely talents girls. Not to mention diverse education documentaries.

I've not be able to thank u. Wuqi. When la kopi?

jasonjst
10-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Sellers will definitely use whichever is bigger(either land or built-up) to show the psf as it'll appear cheaper.
However, it's up to the buyer to judge whether or not the selling price is reasonable.

Let's say both examples below are based on $1000psf;
1) Someone wants to sell his unit at $4.5 mil based on built-up. The land is smaller(say 3000sf) and built-up is bigger(4500sf), then it's quite reasonable to use built-up for psf.
2) If another one wants to sell his unit at $4.5 mil based on land size. The land is much bigger(4500sf) then the built-up which is really small(say 1500sf), then it's not reasonable to use land for psf.

If you like the 2nd unit, a more reasonable price would be for example, $1000psf for his built-up of 1500sf($1.5 mil) plus $500psf for his extra land of 3000sf($1.5 mil) which equals to a total of $3 mil.

Do be careful that for a given size of land , example 22 x70 plot , there is a max lawful allowable built up size . Anything bigger are usually unlawful , unless approved by gov .

danteakc
10-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi Contra, there is a problem with my adsense set up so in the end, have to redo the ads all over and change account.
Nothing earned so far but thanks for your kind suggestion though.

I'm starting my 3rd passive income n rEcently invested time n money into nicheprofitclassroom. They have $1 trial for 2 weeks.
1. Do u have gmail Acct? If have I think google adsense takes time to explore your content n disburse right channel.
2. Are u using free host like blogger? Use blogger n find variety of themes at Btemplate.
3. Use google analytics to find major source of audience or keywords phrases that they search that leads them to u.
4. Use amazon best seller categories under home and gardening n look at topics people buy offline. Use the info and start to post about ideas and contents related to the top seller list.
5. Use RSS to keep readers up to date on when you post or...
6. Use Aweber to earn money through clickbank or your own sales.
7. Find most questions or comments post and complie them and write an ebook base on your findings.
8. Use clickbank for hassle free payment transaction and collective sales.

Haha I tell u so much I never do on my side. Pls visit blog.tradeforex4freedom to critics and comments.
O pls click on ads on my blog so that I can earn pennies to a dollar a day. Aiming for iPhone 4s.

checkers
10-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi guys im new to the forum. Recently tinking to get a house for future marriage purposes and have targeted bestari heights. Anyone here bought the property there? Mind share your ppinion? Many thanks~

Try going to pg 445 thereabout. May get what u are looking for :)

euphony
10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
dear everyone:

i saw some reports of a recent spike of car thief (jusco tebrau). pls use excessive discretion.

arsenal
10-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Wah.. I would like to buy a second-hand Mitsubisi Triton or Toyota Hilux for driving around with peace of mind.. ANyone got good lobang?

dear everyone:

i saw some reports of a recent spike of car thief (jusco tebrau). pls use excessive discretion.

cleyeo
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Try going to pg 445 thereabout. May get what u are looking for :)

If I am not mistaken, bro Yong Lip said before that there was 5 units left and price for smaller size had increased by 40K, the bigger unit increased by 10K. For this first phase, Bestari Height is building 168 units I thinks. if 5 units left, it means, more than 95% sold.

euphony
10-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Wah.. I would like to buy a second-hand Mitsubisi Triton or Toyota Hilux for driving around with peace of mind.. ANyone got good lobang?

arsenal bro, to mow down those car stealers ah :D

never never get a proton/perodua although dime in dozen they are in the highest demand for car parts...

ShawnLow
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Alrite u will look ard starting frm that page~thx all~

Yes,the price has been shot up 40k directly so
Scrary the price@@ im waiting approval of loan nw~

ShawnLow
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes..by the time i kno ab this place, left 3 units unsold. Later time 3 more units release due to loan nt appove. Im able to snap one ~hehe...heard the work done by ksl is nt that good, anyone opinion?

Sanur
10-10-2011, 11:20 AM
For all,

INCENTIVES OFFERED
Entry Into Malaysia
Provides an easy access into Malaysia subject to validity of Social Visit Pass, Multiple Entry Visa and validity of passport
Car Tax Waiver
Each participant is allowed to bring in one personal car owned before joining MM2H programme or* purchase a locally assembled vehicle.* Both tax waiver need to be obtained from Ministry of Finance.
Tax-Free Income From Abroad
All income and revenue remitted into Malaysia are exempted from tax.
Domestic Helper
Each applicant is allowed to apply for one maid subject to the prevailling guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Education
Participant’s children that intend to continue their schooling in Malaysia will be given a Student Pass.
Investment
Participant is allowed to participate actively in Malaysian business subject to the
government regulations on setting up business in Malaysia.

Investor
10-10-2011, 11:34 AM

Hey Arsenal, we are looking at the exact same models. I call'em trucks(not sure their exact category). I've checked with used car dealers before, two year old ones selling at around RM70k. Not sure how much new ones cost. Since I'll only use them once a week at most, I intend to get a used one and leave it in Johor.

chong2011
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey Arsenal, we are looking at the exact same models. I call'em trucks(not sure their exact category). I've checked with used car dealers before, two year old ones selling at around RM70k. Not sure how much new ones cost. Since I'll only use them once a week at most, I intend to get a used one and leave it in Johor.

My advice is go for Toyota Hilux as I heard Mitsubisi Triton had engine oil leakage problem. Moreover, Hilux resale value is higher. Anyway, for brand new Hilux please check http://www.toyota.com.my/hilux/specs-and-price/. I'm also considering to get a brand new Hilux 3.0 or Fortuner 2.5G when I move to JB ;)

cleyeo
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM

never never get a proton/perodua although dime in dozen they are in the highest demand for car parts...

Just wondering ,are we (Singaporean who own house in johor) allowed to own JB-registered car in Johor ?. Apprieciate it very much for sharing.

arsenal
10-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I liked such car.. Turbo diesel, powerful and rugged.. Can put my bicycle behind and go off road... Reasonable price as well..

Also maybe can tow stolen vehicles from the thiefs back to the owner...

arsenal
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Same idea.. Will park my Singapore car in garage and drive around with malaysia car.. The new car 2.5l is around 94k for Mitsubishi.. I wish to get an used one at around 60-70k rm...

Sanur
10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Same idea.. Will park my Singapore car in garage and drive around with malaysia car.. The new car 2.5l is around 94k for Mitsubishi.. I wish to get an used one at around 60-70k rm...

The Toyota fortuner, brand new, all inn includes gps, reverse cam. Bodykit etc. Rm 118,000 plus equal s$ 50,000

euphony
10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
wah liew all the big truckish car fans! i am pining for a JB plated landrover evoque. that would be swell.

Sanur
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes. My hub said couldnt get a COE for that price

Lord Aragorn
10-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Just curious...

In Singapore, the standard is to use land psf for land type and built up psf for strata type eg. Cluster houses. That said, when you use land psf, make sure you do a CMA base on similar built up eg. Same number of stories.

This makes perfect sense as you own that piece of land parcel when a property is land type. For strata type, you own a share value of the common land. The share value is determined by your built up and is important when there is a collective sale to determine how much of "land" you actually own.

In Malaysia, The Straits View (http://www.straitsview.com.my) Residences is the first strata landed project in JB. PSF should be based on built up, although the standards has not been established in this part of he world yet.

arsenal
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
With Hilux, one can drive to forest to pick durians or the beach to catch some fish...

In Singapore, 4 door pick up truck will kill us on the diesel tax.. It is about 4 times the tax on passenger car, assuming you are driving a 3l car.. So who will buy in Singapore, might as well get a BMW...

Ha, I am determined to get one.. Once I moved in..

Damn this is the car I am looking at too. Too bad they dont sell in Spore. The name is Toyota Hilux and it is actually Toyota Fortuner. If I am not wrong, it also come with a 3.0 L turbo diesel version. The pick-up is a monster truck indeed.. So fierce looking and other cars will get out of your sight once you come near since it look so rugged. It is the top selling car in Malaysia ( foreign cars ) if I am not wrong cos I was looking at the statistics in the Sunday Times over the weekend. New cars cost just RM 100k. 1 liter can take u more than 15km on NS highway and somemore its on diesel .. only RM 1.80 per liter.

Grago
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
wah liew all the big truckish car fans! i am pining for a JB plated landrover evoque. that would be swell.Sorry Bro. Only 2 service centers, one in KL and other in Singapore. If you've got major problem...... that's 1/2 million Ringgit burn bro!! Was interested in getting Toyota Prado or Land Cruiser BUT NOT available in Malaysia!! Those are big babies which gives you the 'willies' when you see them coming up fast in your rear view mirror :)

toyohon
10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Turbo diesel trucks, sweet! But HiLux is an auto-thief magnet in Malaysia. Big demand from up north.:(

arsenal
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Mitsubishi Triton also ok..

Turbo diesel trucks, sweet! But HiLux is an auto-thief magnet in Malaysia. Big demand from up north.:(

Sanur
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi,

Anyone got the title deeds for their house??

Investor
10-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Mitsubishi Triton also ok..

Hi Toyohon, so is Mitsubishi Triton also among the top in the target list? I thought getting a truck in Johor can firstly act poor(as compared to other luxury make and models) and secondly being big, tough and rugged. Didn't know that Hilux is one of the top targeted ride for car thieves.

contra
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Yonglip

hi crystal, I think your concern of being too near a mosque is a valid point to discuss about. unlike Singapore, the volume will not be turned down & the frequency to call to prayers per day can be more than twice.

Interestingly however the property can appreciate. My father's malaysian chinese friend actually experienced this in Taman Tun in KL when they built a mosque near his house. He sold for much more than expected because there are muslims who would actually like to be near a mosque. a caveat is you limit the pool of potential buyers.

but you do get used to the sound as I did when I stayed near a highway once.

anyway consider carefully . .. all the best

contra
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Just curious...

hi maxpark, for me, I asked the salesperson what is the built-up and then I divide by that.

But mine was easy as it is an intermediate terrace. Investor is right if you have more land like Semi-D, corner lot etc...

contra
10-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I never see Spore-JB the same league as Hong Kong-Shenzhen.

Spore got SAF while JB got their own military....Hong Kong and Shenzhen are protected by the same PLA.. which means they are "brothers"

To be frank, Malaysia is openly trying to compete with Spore and we are know it. PTP for instance, is not postitioned there for nothing.

PTP is legacy of the old days but they cannot dismantle since Maersk went with it, so have to make the best of it. We remember also from that era Tg Pagar station right thru the heart of Singapore .... Sleep easy, no worries about JB trying to compete with Singapore. No fight. Symbiosis is the best way for all.

2bFree
10-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Toyota Hilux is sold in SG but is very expensive especially for the twin cab version. It is not a Fortuner. The Fortuner is based on the Hilux platform.
Hilux - pickup
Fortuner - SUV

If one is thinking of getting a Hilux or Triton as a vehicle in MY as it will be safe, I think they are just as prone to theft as these 2 are the top selling pick-ups in MY. Still best to be more careful of where you park, keep valuables out of sight and keep a low profile.

I am also thinking of getting one to move around as diesel prices in MY are very reasonable and the fuel consumption of these turbo diesels are fantastic with their high torque levels. However, they are rather noisy and the interior plus ride quality is not like normal sedans so it is best to test drive before committing. Also, parking will be a hassle as these vehicles are huge!

Damn this is the car I am looking at too. Too bad they dont sell in Spore. The name is Toyota Hilux and it is actually Toyota Fortuner. If I am not wrong, it also come with a 3.0 L turbo diesel version. The pick-up is a monster truck indeed.. So fierce looking and other cars will get out of your sight once you come near since it look so rugged. It is the top selling car in Malaysia ( foreign cars ) if I am not wrong cos I was looking at the statistics in the Sunday Times over the weekend. New cars cost just RM 100k. 1 liter can take u more than 15km on NS highway and somemore its on diesel .. only RM 1.80 per liter.

2bFree
10-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Correct. PTP is actually not fairing that well compared to PG. This is the main problem I have with investing in MY. It may sound very rosy in the beginning but it always seems to peter out after some time. That being said, Nusajaya seems to be coming along nicely for now which could be due to the foreign investment pouring in (especially from SG) but the political scene must remain stable else whatever that is happening can/will disappear very quickly. Best to temper expectations with a healthy dose of reality and logicality.

PTP is legacy of the old days but they cannot dismantle since Maersk went with it, so have to make the best of it. We remember also from that era Tg Pagar station right thru the heart of Singapore .... Sleep easy, no worries about JB trying to compete with Singapore. No fight. Symbiosis is the best way for all.

toyohon
11-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi Toyohon, so is Mitsubishi Triton also among the top in the target list? I thought getting a truck in Johor can firstly act poor(as compared to other luxury make and models) and secondly being big, tough and rugged. Didn't know that Hilux is one of the top targeted ride for car thieves.

2bFree answered - yes, so long as the model is popular and a top seller, you can be assured of demand, both legally and illegally.

cleyeo
11-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Yes..by the time i kno ab this place, left 3 units unsold. Later time 3 more units release due to loan nt appove. Im able to snap one ~hehe...heard the work done by ksl is nt that good, anyone opinion?

personally, I dont think this is the case. I saw their show unit are very nicely done. I did see other show units, but I still prefer KSL work. I also saw their unit at Kempas Height, its work quality are good.

this is my opinion based upon the show units, and compared it with show units of othere development.

Skippy
11-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Hi Bros & Sistas,

I've some query regarding using TT or remit from the money changer...
Is there a limit set for daily transaction if the account is a foreigner?
How about if the account is meant for paying mortage?

Heard Bank Negara has set such criteria on foreigners' account... it's not helpful especially we need to carry cold hard cash ard and limit to RM10K/day.

Recently been bogged by backing issues over this matter? Need some expert help and advice...

Anyone has got a relaible money changer that can help resolve my problem...

Thanks ahead ... getting a little upsad...:(

Investor
11-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi Bros & Sistas,

I've some query regarding using TT or remit from the money changer...
Is there a limit set for daily transaction if the account is a foreigner?
How about if the account is meant for paying mortage?

Heard Bank Negara has set such criteria on foreigners' account... it's not helpful especially we need to carry cold hard cash ard and limit to RM10K/day.

Recently been bogged by backing issues over this matter? Need some expert help and advice...

Anyone has got a relaible money changer that can help resolve my problem...

Thanks ahead ... getting a little upsad...:(

No headache at all, just a bit of effort that's all. To answer your question, yes there is a RM10k limit on deposit per day into account under foreigner's name(even mortgage acc.)

1) If you want very good exchange rate for TT, go to Parkway Parade's Sino Moneychanger Pte Ltd. Another 2 reliable ones in Parkway are Everpeace Money Changer Pte Ltd and Yakadir Pte Ltd. All 3 are on level 1.

2) But because of the daily limit(and you might not be staying near Parkway), a more convenient way is to open an account with MoneyWorld Asia Pte Ltd. Their website is http://www.moneyworld.com.sg With an account, you don't need to go all the way to their office daily to make payment, just go to the nearest ATM machine and deposit the amount you want to TT into their company's account and contact them.

3) Someone here suggested before that raffles1.sg gives better rate than Moneyworld Asia but I'm not sure whether you can deposit into their bank acc. thru ATM like Money World.

All above are reliable companies.

Investor
11-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Trition was ranked #4.. i think Nissan Grand Livina was #02 or #03 best selling. #01 should be Hilux.. I am stating based on foreign cars.. local cars.. Myvi is #01 followed by Saga.

2bFree answered - yes, so long as the model is popular and a top seller, you can be assured of demand, both legally and illegally.

Toyota Hilux is sold in SG but is very expensive especially for the twin cab version. It is not a Fortuner. The Fortuner is based on the Hilux platform.
Hilux - pickup
Fortuner - SUV

If one is thinking of getting a Hilux or Triton as a vehicle in MY as it will be safe, I think they are just as prone to theft as these 2 are the top selling pick-ups in MY. Still best to be more careful of where you park, keep valuables out of sight and keep a low profile.

I am also thinking of getting one to move around as diesel prices in MY are very reasonable and the fuel consumption of these turbo diesels are fantastic with their high torque levels. However, they are rather noisy and the interior plus ride quality is not like normal sedans so it is best to test drive before committing. Also, parking will be a hassle as these vehicles are huge!

Wow thanks for the info sharing guys. Any suggestion from anyone in the forum of a ride which is big, strong and rugged but don't look expensive? I don't want to be a target of the thugs. Don't forget that we'll be driving in and out of one of the most expensive housing developments in the whole of Johor. Keeping a low profile is the way to go I think.

Sanur
11-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Buy an old one, keep it dirty n dusty, like the one at my mum's Neighbours garage, see also sian

Batok Seri
11-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Great resale, reliability, parts prices and availability...but car thief and jackers magnet and also...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N9NItHI All pickups and suvs are easy to roll over due to higher cg. The Hilux looks like it only needs the slightest excuse..

Skippy
11-10-2011, 04:24 AM
No headache at all, just a bit of effort that's all. To answer your question, yes there is a RM10k limit on deposit per day into account under foreigner's name(even mortgage acc.)

1) If you want very good exchange rate for TT, go to Parkway Parade's Sino Moneychanger Pte Ltd. Another 2 reliable ones in Parkway are Everpeace Money Changer Pte Ltd and Yakadir Pte Ltd. All 3 are on level 1.

2) But because of the daily limit(and you might not be staying near Parkway), a more convenient way is to open an account with MoneyWorld Asia Pte Ltd. Their website is http://www.moneyworld.com.sg With an account, you don't need to go all the way to their office daily to make payment, just go to the nearest ATM machine and deposit the amount you want to TT into their company's account and contact them.

3) Someone here suggested before that raffles1.sg gives better rate than Moneyworld Asia but I'm not sure whether you can deposit into their bank acc. thru ATM like Money World.

Investor Bro...

Thanks for your kind sharing..
Sorry may i ask you more into details... pardon me for my silliness.....
Does it mean that you use TT similar name as remit into your m'sian account on a daily basis of 10K. Thus will there be charges to bear if the you change less than RM10K?
I was trying to find out if there are money changers that can TT or remit more than the allowable limit of Rm10K.

Thanks again for your kind sharings and advices.

arsenal
11-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi guys,

I have experience with moneyworld, raffles1 and those in parkway parade.. Not because MoneyWorld is ex-minister hubby's company and have Temasek's subs as their main clients, I think their rate is bad..or close to bank rate.. Think they are kidding us...

Raffles1's rate is good.. Write them a cheque and my experience with them is ok.. reliable.. IF you are transferring large amount of money... The saving is worth all the effort..

If you don't mind the saving, you can still use standard bank transfer for peace of mind.. In this case there is no 10K daily limit.. If you are transferring say S$200K, you can ask for very attractive rate.. which Moneyworld can't match...

I have found another way to overcome this.. but you need to trust the developer which at the end, I choose not to..

Investor
11-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Investor Bro...

Thanks for your kind sharing..
Sorry may i ask you more into details... pardon me for my silliness.....
Does it mean that you use TT similar name as remit into your m'sian account on a daily basis of 10K. Thus will there be charges to bear if the you change less than RM10K?
I was trying to find out if there are money changers that can TT or remit more than the allowable limit of Rm10K.

Thanks again for your kind sharings and advices.

Hi guys,

I have experience with moneyworld, raffles1 and those in parkway parade.. Not because MoneyWorld is ex-minister hubby's company and have Temasek's subs as their main clients, I think their rate is bad..or close to bank rate.. Think they are kidding us...

Raffles1's rate is good.. Write them a cheque and my experience with them is ok.. reliable.. IF you are transferring large amount of money... The saving is worth all the effort..

If you don't mind the saving, you can still use standard bank transfer for peace of mind.. In this case there is no 10K daily limit.. If you are transferring say S$200K, you can ask for very attractive rate.. which Moneyworld can't match...

I have found another way to overcome this.. but you need to trust the developer which at the end, I choose not to..

Hi Skippy,
Arsenal had just suggested the safest way with no limit. But if you want better rate from Parkway compared to St. Chart, there'll be the daily RM10k limit. Maybe you can try your luck to request for transfer of higher amount? Charges for low amount will be around SGD10 I think.

Sanur
11-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Hi Skippy,
Arsenal had just suggested the safest way with no limit. But if you want better rate from Parkway compared to St. Chart, there'll be the daily RM10k limit. Maybe you can try your luck to request for transfer of higher amount? Charges for low amount will be around SGD10 I think.

Hi

I used this company, very reliable, no limits

Bryan Yeo I Senior Dealer (Personal Transfers)
Customer Relationship Management
Travelex Global Business Payments
77 Robinson Road #35-01 Robinson 77 Singapore 068896
Direct:** + 65 6494 8289***********
Fax:****** + 65 6494 8295***********
E-mail:** [email protected]

Investor
11-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Buy an old one, keep it dirty n dusty, like the one at my mum's Neighbours garage, see also sian

Great resale, reliability, parts prices and availability...but car thief and jackers magnet and also...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N9NItHI All pickups and suvs are easy to roll over due to higher cg. The Hilux looks like it only needs the slightest excuse..

After reading Sanur's suggestion, I've decided that it is what I'm gonna do.
But after viewing the video which Batok Seri shared, I'm thinking thrice about getting high CG trucks :( Thanks for sharing your knowledge Batok Seri.

arsenal
11-10-2011, 04:53 AM
Wow.. I am surprise there is no limit.. Will keep this in mind..

Hi

Sanur
11-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Yes, I used them to pay for my house, most leisure farm owners uses them too

Sanur
11-10-2011, 05:03 AM
But after viewing the video which Batok Seri shared, I'm thinking thrice about getting high CG trucks :( Thanks for sharing your knowledge Batok Seri.

If u love off loading, tried n tested by my neice hub, he owns these Mitsubishi Pajero n jeep wrangler, jeep wrangler smaller in width so easier to pass small path, remember must have recovery tools,

arsenal
11-10-2011, 05:07 AM
I joined the Johor 4x4 team to the Jungle before.. The group leader drive a Hilux..He also rasied the height...
I saw him driving up steep slopes (50-60 degree gradient) and down the waterfalls with ease.. I think Hilux is a very capable truck..

Sanur
11-10-2011, 05:15 AM
[QUOTE=arsenal;846819]I joined the Johor 4x4 team to the Jungle before.. The group leader drive a Hilux..He also rasied the height...
I saw him driving up steep slopes (50-60 degree gradient) and down the waterfalls with ease.. I think Hilux is a very capable truck..[/

Impressive!

euphony
11-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Sorry Bro. Only 2 service centers, one in KL and other in Singapore. If you've got major problem...... that's 1/2 million Ringgit burn bro!! Was interested in getting Toyota Prado or Land Cruiser BUT NOT available in Malaysia!! Those are big babies which gives you the 'willies' when you see them coming up fast in your rear view mirror :)

let's see how it fares in the reliability charts in the next 2 years. I like less populous cars tend to detract would be attempts...? dunno. hahah reminds me of james may saying he has a nice fizzing sensation in topgear. wo watches topgear religiously here? :)

Skippy
11-10-2011, 06:20 AM

Wow wee...

Hi Sanur and bros+sistas...

Thanks for sharing... such a pc of good news...

Happy that i can get back to skip again hee hee...

lastresort
11-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Wow wee...

haha skippy sis, when are you moving in?

Investor
11-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi

Wow wee...

I've just called them, please take note that they require a minimum transfer of SGD30k(approximately RM73k).

Skippy
11-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I've just called them, please take note that they require a minimum transfer of SGD30k(approximately RM73k).

wow... tht's a big sum .... Ka ching ka ching $$$....

wuqi256
11-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Just wondering ,are we (Singaporean who own house in johor) allowed to own JB-registered car in Johor ?. Apprieciate it very much for sharing.

Definitely able to buy cars, i personally am a owner. Some of my neighbours and friends have more than 3 now.

wuqi256
11-10-2011, 07:56 AM
My mechanic swears by the Hilux and the Triton. For MPVs, he likes the Alza as well as the Grand Livina. Told me though that Grand Livina has a tendency to "eat water" as in needs to top up water frequently. Super fuel efficient though. If one likes size, buy an Alphard or newest Vellfire. I would buy neither though, i prefer to keep low profile and drive cars that no one would steal or take a 2nd look at.

I spend at best 1 hour or sometimes none at all in my car but spend most times at home or office. I prefer to spend money on all the critical components of the car and leave the rest.

crystal_tiong
11-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi guys

For those who bought Nusa Idaman , how is the security like ? Coz i read some that some houses were broke in ....
How can this happen when we have guarded guard ? I wonder developer do anything to improve ?

Btw , my banker called me and say my loan can be approved , so happy .....

Hope to hear some reviews before I go down this sat to place a deposit.

wuqi256
11-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi guys

For those who bought Nusa Idaman , how is the security like ? Coz i read some that some houses were broke in ....
How can this happen when we have guarded guard ? I wonder developer do anything to improve ?

Hi Crystal, crime is everywhere, i am sure they would do something. Happy for you, congrats!!!
Time to break out the champagne. :)

Investor
11-10-2011, 08:17 AM
If one likes size, buy an Alphard or newest Vellfire. I would buy neither though, i prefer to keep low profile and drive cars that no one would steal or take a 2nd look at.

That's what I'd do in Johor too. What's your choice of cars which meet those criteria?

LeMans2011
11-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi guys

The thieves climbed in from the boundary fence. If your unit is at a secluded corner then you need more caution.

Break-in cases tend to happen at newly TOP / CFO development because these places are not all ready and developer tend to leave some gaps for the ease of movement of contractors. No development is 100% secured, not even HH or EL. If it makes you feel better get a unit nearer to where there are human traffic, eg. nearer to security post or playground.

crystal_tiong
11-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Crystal, crime is everywhere, i am sure they would do something. Happy for you, congrats!!!

Hey Bro Wuqi

Great to see you back here !! : )
I hope I wont make e wrong choice ....
I tried to go to Setia Corals last sat but I couldnt find it at all and my gps dun have this new development .
I will choose a unit slightly far from e mosque .... : )

crystal_tiong
11-10-2011, 08:20 AM
The thieves climbed in from the boundary fence. If your unit is at a secluded corner then you need more caution.

Break-in cases tend to happen at newly TOP / CFO development because these places are not all ready and developer tend to leave some gaps for the ease of movement of contractors

Hi LeMans2011
Point noted , thanks for the advice.

arsenal
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Stay near mosque is safer if security is your concern and you might sell at a good price to Muslim?

Hey Bro Wuqi

I tried to go to Setia Corals last sat but I couldnt find it at all and my gps dun have this new development .

Investor
11-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know how much IRDA gets from the recent Malaysia's budget 2012?

crystal_tiong
11-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Stay near mosque is safer if security is your concern and you might sell at a good price to Muslim?

u must be pulling my legs ..... hahahah

i still need some peace .....

Skippy
11-10-2011, 09:07 AM
haha skippy sis, when are you moving in?

Hello Bro lastresort...

my place still under construction... i'm so eager to shift but still got many stuff... currently i'm bunking in JB once a while... learning to get use of travelling in & out... hee hee i shift in liao we can meet up and chit chat... eat and drink too... ha ha

Sanur
11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
To all whom wants to know,

I have checked with Toyota sells guy n MM2 agent. Confirmed Singaporean can own a Jb registered car n don have to convert driving licence.

jasonjst
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Bro Wuqi

Their prayers can be heard KMs away leh , nothing much you can do about it , just get used to it can already.

Grago
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I still see Prado and Landcruiser in Johor. Just now in the morning one Land cruiser was tailgating me at the highway.. its rainy day somemore. Looks bigger than Estima and Fortuner.

Most are imported reconditioned vehicles. Toyota M'sia will not have anything to do with 'grey imports' and the dealer you buy it from 'wash' their hands of the problem. You are then stuck, or will have to bring it to Toyota Singapore to get it fixed........ That was the experience that was related to me..... I was tempted to get one but had second thoughts after hearing that....

let's see how it fares in the reliability charts in the next 2 years. I like less populous cars tend to detract would be attempts...? dunno. hahah reminds me of james may saying he has a nice fizzing sensation in topgear. wo watches topgear religiously here? :)

Bro, driving around in a Range Rover Evoque, like waving big sign "RICH PERSON HERE" for sure not low profile. Definitely will turn heads and get stares..... By the way thanks for the heads up with the cheese and Chianti, nice one..:D

euphony
11-10-2011, 01:02 PM
By the way thanks for the heads up with the cheese and Chianti, nice one..:D

cheers! :)
the chianti was really a surprising find. usually it goes into my pasta sauce base, when my alcoholic friends sampled it they chastised me for 'wasting' it! :p

checkers
11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey Bro Wuqi

Crystal, have u look at other developments around Bukit Indah beside NI , like BH, HH, other Setia properties or Nusa Duta? How about STropika?
Good to look around before making that important decision.

tutucake
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Bro Wuqi

Hi Crystal,

why of all projects u wanted to get The Corals? I personally bought The Corals.... they have a showhouse for this model....did u go to the Setia Office and ask?

Personally, i would advise you to get Nusa Idaman if compared to Setia houses for a few reasons.... In terms to sizes, NI is bigger than Setia houses... in terms of built quality, I recently learn that Setia have blood puking quality issues.... in terms of location, i personally prefer Setia's location compared to NI location...but I've also just recently learn that the Setia location is termites infested -_-

So if you have chosen NI over Setia, i think u did the right thing imho... =)

Narmi
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Congrats crystal...Agree with bro wuqi and not cos i bought at NI (welcome :))...even in spore low crime doesnt mean no crime. Stay vigilant n put in basic security measure and extra where possible. Think positive and start to look forward to higher quality of life :)

euphony
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
congrats crystal.

I think over the next year this forum will kick into even higher gear with many on target to get their keys? :)
The feeling when you first grasp the precious keys is...

maxpark
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
hi maxpark, for me, I asked the salesperson what is the built-up and then I divide by that.

But mine was easy as it is an intermediate terrace. Investor is right if you have more land like Semi-D, corner lot etc...

Guys, thanks for the various info.

Am contemplating btw a semi-D with bigger build-up vs corner terrace with bigger land.
Semi-D land 3200 vs corner terrace around 5500.
Interestingly, the prices are almost the same.

vincentck
11-10-2011, 04:24 PM

Am contemplating btw a semi-D with bigger build-up vs corner terrace with bigger land.

Hi maxpark... where is this? In HH or another project? Thanks. Personally I would go with bigger land... don't need the space and dwan to do so much cleaning. At least with the land, i have the flexibility to do other stuff with it.

lastresort
11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Hello Bro lastresort...

my place still under construction... i'm so eager to shift but still got many stuff... currently i'm bunking in JB once a while... learning to get use of travelling in & out... hee hee i shift in liao we can meet up and chit chat... eat and drink too... ha ha

haha great, I would do the same too when I finally have my own home, invite people from this forum.. When are you getting your keys? I'm sure you will get used to travelling soon after you've moved in.. yup sure we can meet up, chit chat and eat, you know so many good places to eat.. =)

jasonjst
11-10-2011, 04:48 PM

for me I would go for the semi-D ... which mostly likely look more luxurious without much reno.

maxpark
11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi maxpark... where is this? In HH or another project? Thanks. Personally I would go with bigger land... don't need the space and dwan to do so much cleaning. At least with the land, i have the flexibility to do other stuff with it.

That is correct.

iamapseudoneem
11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi guys

Hi Crystal! Congrats on your loan approval.
I'm vincent's neighbour in NI Precint 8 and will be hopefully getting my keys next year :)
Can't comment much on the security as we haven't stayed there yet. We're planning to stay there 24/7 though.

checkers
12-10-2011, 01:29 AM

the extra land also must maintain regulary... otherwise it will become wild grasses which are rather unsightly as seen in some houses.

But for those with green fingers, love gardening and outdoor spaces which is lacking in our motherland, it is a refreshing change in living environment.

crystal_tiong
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Crystal, have u look at other developments around Bukit Indah beside NI , like BH, HH, other Setia properties or Nusa Duta? How about STropika?
Good to look around before making that important decision.

Hi Checker

No leh , I cant really find all this properties in my gps and I am not familiar with bk indah.
I like NI coz its just beside horizon hills and the price is which I can afford .

You are right to view more houses .

crystal_tiong
12-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Congrats crystal...Agree with bro wuqi and not cos i bought at NI (welcome :))...even in spore low crime doesnt mean no crime. Stay vigilant n put in basic security measure and extra where possible. Think positive and start to look forward to higher quality of life :)

Hi Narmi

Wow , u bought NI too !!!
Which Precinct did you get ?
Can share the pro and cons in NI ? want to get myself prepare.

When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .
I dun even wan to waste my breath with them.
But for sure , once the house is up , everyone will wan to come over and stay!

crystal_tiong
12-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Hi Crystal,

why of all projects u wanted to get The Corals? I personally bought The Corals.... they have a showhouse for this model....did u go to the Setia Office and ask?

Personally, i would advise you to get Nusa Idaman if compared to Setia houses for a few reasons.... In terms to sizes, NI is bigger than Setia houses... in terms of built quality, I recently learn that Setia have blood puking quality issues.... in terms of location, i personally prefer Setia's location compared to NI location...but I've also just recently learn that the Setia location is termites infested -_-

So if you have chosen NI over Setia, i think u did the right thing imho... =)

Hi Tutucake

Some bros recommend me to have a llok at the Corals , no i yet to find Setia office in my gps , haha
When in Msia , i rely a lot in my GPS .
Oh dear , sorry to hear abt the probs in Setia house.

Lizzert
12-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Any one out there own or are considering ownership of condos ? Theres lots of postings on Bungalos, semi-d and terraces but seems like none on condos.
I am considering acquiring a unit and would like to hear fm others to learn from their experience. Landed units have risen in price ..so got to loook at condos
as Im late entrant to this scene