PDA

View Full Version : Living in JB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

euphony
27-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Many of my friends who are businessmen in JB and can afford to invest in a few properties with their pocket money have not even visited Nusajaya yet. Why? Simply because they have the same mindset as Singaporeans in terms of the capabilities of their own Government. So rest assure that many people, even Malaysians in Johor Bahru, haven't even seen Nusajaya yet, let alone rich Malaysians from all over the country.

yep that seems to be the sentiment. i have m'sian relatives living along the tebrau corridor, to them nusajaya is like a myth. i guess they are generally too disillusioned to believe progress can occur after decades of lackluster (in fact backwards!) city development, upkeep and nato (empty promises). this may lead to a catch 22 situation which I hope does not become reality though. when the general johorians have caught up to the buzz, all opportunities may be priced out of their reach and become a predominantly foreign playground. This may adversely affect social harmony especially if shrewd politicians fan the fire to collect votes creating dissent. we already saw how the liberal FT policies in SG created a huge backlash politically though the situations are fairly disaggregated in the 2 scenarios.

Actually the progress is more credited to Othman and Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim than Najib who's really just given the 2 men his blessings mostly (his wife is another marcos in the making I suspect just looking at her countless different colors of the famed birken bags alone that she owns). I am most impressed by the city wide improvement not limited to nusajaya especially road works. If the infrastructure works continue apace, the quality of living index can only move upwards for all.

arsenal
27-09-2011, 10:00 AM
I wish to pick up min conversational Malay one day.. Attended some courses before with my own money...but have since returned everything back to the guru( teacher rt?)

Its never too late. Very easy to pick up. Uses Roman alphabet with efficient phonetic spelling.
No feminine/masculine.
No present tense, past tense "Yesterday I go market, today I go market, tomorrow I go market."
Bahasa Indonesia is actually Malay. When my mother in law speaks Javanese, I can only listen out for my name and hope she's saying only good things.

Back in Spore when we were younger, one of my closest buddies who don't speak the language really busted my gut.
He claimed he had just been to the best makan place in Malaysia the night before.
When asked where, what road or landmark.
He proclaimed with the pride of someone who had just discovered his very own gourmet heaven..

"I forgot the name of the place but it was at Jalan Sehala, Johor Bahru."

ginfreely
27-09-2011, 10:04 AM
There's some long-life digi thing, pay 30 RM and your credit stays valid for a year.

http://www.digi.com.my/prepaid/reload.do

Quite worth it I think.

Just got a Umobile prepaid number, the store told me only need to reload RM10 can call for one month and receive incoming call for three months, so one year only need to re-load RM40 and can receive call throughout the year. Not written in the brochure, not sure whether it really works that way :)

ginfreely
27-09-2011, 10:16 AM
In malaysian stds is not big agree though it is positively ginormous in SG/HKG stds. first thing my mum commented was its so small when she saw the LF place! i was smiling inside, that means its perfect for me haha. i'd prefer to reduce my carbon footprint whence i can yet enjoy the privacy and space afforded by low-rise housing.

You are so environment friendly, i see all those ang moh staying in humongous houses in the west. Recently i watched this BBC decor show and they featured one normal (i.e not extra rich) couple with a child staying in this humongous house in the UK non-urban area. Everything is huge and open. The view is perfect, no neighbour in sight! Where to find such house in Asia? So far only see some in south Taiwan.

ginfreely
27-09-2011, 10:38 AM
What someone wrote to me, bros we need to take more responsibility for ourselves, simple questions like that are asked almost on a weekly basis. Either the person doesn't want to google or search for themselves or they are busier than you.

I really am up to my ears in work (which is why sometimes i reply around the clock)
but people like that really make me sad. They either don't want to find out for things themselves or let little little things stop them from getting to places they want.

I have avoided putting his name here and taken out other questions not related to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my last PM to you was three weeks ago however you didn't reply...

are u avoiding me or something..?

anyway, hope u can reply on this question...

Is it necessary to learn Malay Language to survive over there..?
thanks..

Hi forummer, there are lots of PMs daily and i have a full time job and business. I was having log in problems as well. No one is avoiding you as there is nothing to avoid. This is not work so please don't state i have not replied to you for 3 weeks or add read receipts.

If you have urgent questions, you can post them on the forums. Lots of people would be keen to help you.

To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

Haha cannot be lah, sure we know more than three words just by driving on the roads - AWAS (danger), masuk (enter), keluar (exit), berhenti (stop), kereta (car), bas (bus). I had done a basic Malay course in community centre many years ago, was surprised to know then some words like sabun are actually Malay (soap). So you probably know more words than you thought so. :D

I think Malay not that difficult to learn though I have forgotten everything by now. Somebody can tell me satu ragus limu puluh ringgit empat sens is how people say RM154.40? If not, how to say it correctly? Trying to learn to understand what is the amount supermarket cashier is telling me to pay. Can't find through online Malay translator. But English and Chinese are everywhere in supermarket, and the cashiers/staff at Jusco etc all can speak English, so can buy things easily even without knowing Malay.

arsenal
27-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Few weeks ago I met a property agent in Singapore.. When I asked her on her opinion regarding JB, she frowned. She is a Malaysian but might live in Singapore for too long..

On a separate occassion when my wife family has a gathering, there is a distant relative who is a big property and timber tycoon from Sarawak.. He commented negatively on Malaysian govt, saying they built hardwares but not softwares etc..even though that is how he made his fortunes... When I asked him about Iskandar, he paused..and when he continued, he said Iskandar might be different..and better chance of success..

I take this as positive news..

Cannot agree with you more.

I just had a Sporean friend who commented last week "Give me free also don't want!", when he was asked whether he wants to buy a house in JB...and this coming from someone who is married to a M'sian!

Sadly, their mentaility is fixated on a simple fact - Many M'sians are trying to get out of their country by seeking PR here. You must be crazy to be trying to get in!..

What they fail to see is the end of the loop - for many of the M'sians that is trying to seek a better life in Sing, they have a string of simple goals -

study in Sing ---> get Sing PR/citizenship ---> hold a Sing Job ---> make good Sing Money ----> buy a Sing Flat ---->buy a landed M'sia home ---->rent out Sing Flat ---->retire in M'sia.

We are just several steps ahead of them...thats all.

Cheers.

Investor
27-09-2011, 11:05 AM
2011 Uncertainty drives Middle Eastern investors to the "sensible market" of Malaysian property
Published September 27th, 2011 - 12:32 GMT via SyndiGate.info

The enduring legacy of 2011 will be one of uncertainty in the Middle Eastern investment community, as the effects of the Arab Spring on a regional level, and both the Eurozone crisis and downgrading of Americaʼs economy make themselves felt in markets around the world.

As a result, IP Global notes that Middle East investors have reacted by turning their sights toward the more stable investment markets, such as those of Malaysian real estate.

The release of figures to highlight such a trend was made at Cityscape Global 2011, now in its tenth successful year. According to internal research, IP Global has seen a marked rise of UAE investors into Malaysia of 11.4% Q3 2010 - Q3 2011, underlining its perception as "safe haven" market.

According to Tim Murphy, IP Global's Founder and Managing Director, "Malaysia is a sensible market and tends to perform more steadily than the rest of Asia. The property market is well regulated, such that speculators cannot buy and sell quickly, so it doesn't tend to create a boom and bust scenario. That is why we have seen 5.3% growth in the past 19 years.

A positive Malaysian economic outlook, with the Malaysian Ringgit (formerly Malaysian Dollar) growing in strength against the US Dollar, the country is providing its investors with huge potential. Malaysiaʼs transport links and infrastructure is rapidly gaining pace across many of its cities, and with tourism continuing to rise, real estate investment is predicted to yield great returns for the astute property investor.

checkers
27-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Haha cannot be lah, sure we know more than three words just by driving on the roads - AWAS (danger), masuk (enter), keluar (exit), berhenti (stop), kereta (car), bas (bus). I had done a basic Malay course in community centre many years ago, was surprised to know then some words like sabun are actually Malay (soap). So you probably know more words than you thought so. :D

I think Malay not that difficult to learn though I have forgotten everything by now. Somebody can tell me satu ragus limu puluh ringgit empat sens is how people say RM154.40? If not, how to say it correctly? Trying to learn to understand what is the amount supermarket cashier is telling me to pay. Can't find through online Malay translator. But English and Chinese are everywhere in supermarket, and the cashiers/staff at Jusco etc all can speak English, so can buy things easily even without knowing Malay.

today i met a malay woman cleaner at Bestari Heights Show house...she speaks relatively good English ...:)

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi bro, I am still happy for your family members for getting the house!!!

Hi Bro, it is one of my family members who is getting (how i wish i have more bullets). :D

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi Wuqi,

I don't think it is your obligations to answer people's questions especially those taking this for granted. You including many bros here have already been so kind and generous in answering people's questions!

"are u avoiding me or something..?" sounds like some ex-girlfriend who was dumped by her ex-boyfriend chasing after the ex-boyfriend. I had read several pages of this thread before joining this forum and I think it is of those new members' interest to read through those pages themselves starting from the first page. I haven't finished reading all pages but I just like many others here am reading several pages each day to catch up.

All I want to say is thank everyone who has offered help, advice and suggestions and shared their experience, thoughts and feeling from time to time.

What someone wrote to me, bros we need to take more responsibility for ourselves, simple questions like that are asked almost on a weekly basis. Either the person doesn't want to google or search for themselves or they are busier than you.

I really am up to my ears in work (which is why sometimes i reply around the clock)
but people like that really make me sad. They either don't want to find out for things themselves or let little little things stop them from getting to places they want.

I have avoided putting his name here and taken out other questions not related to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my last PM to you was three weeks ago however you didn't reply...

are u avoiding me or something..?

anyway, hope u can reply on this question...

Is it necessary to learn Malay Language to survive over there..?
thanks..

Hi forummer, there are lots of PMs daily and i have a full time job and business. I was having log in problems as well. No one is avoiding you as there is nothing to avoid. This is not work so please don't state i have not replied to you for 3 weeks or add read receipts.

If you have urgent questions, you can post them on the forums. Lots of people would be keen to help you.

To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you very much for the assurance! I will need to get one of these there before people start queing up for one.

Yes, also possible at Tuas, and probably fewer people applying as well. No need to prove you go in 4 times a month any more.RM$30, and annually renewable.

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi bro, Great info! Now I have a clearer picture of the development. I know my potential future neighbors may be rich and didn't know they could be that rich! :)

Hi mathstub bro,

If you're talking about Superlinks, the prices have always been high as compared to normal links, the last time HH launched superlinks was probably a year ago at The Golf, and it was already selling from between 650k to 800k and above. The last few intermediate superlinks at The Gateway were sold for close to 600K in 2008. Of course some of these units have golf view. Then again we can't compare launching prices between precincts as these units are launched in different years, not concurrently. The reason why the developer has priced it this high is mainly because prices have generally increased over time. To a lesser extent, i would say The Hills units are generally better in terms of topography with huge flat terrain, quality, size, design, landscape, management, security, layout of precinct, golf views, privacy and location as it is nearer to the club house. This is also why some of the well known top gov servants (including Johor top man chief minister) and sultan have units there. I would say the security is tight.

Over at The Gateway, last i heard, the Sri Lankan group has flipped most if not all of their 40 units. Most of the units are now owner occupied or rented out.

There's quite a lot of resale activity going on at The Golf, if you're a resident there, you would have noticed a cluster home owner driving a black Lamborghini, he stays there, some of these people drive cars that cost multiple times more than their home. I believe the prices are still sustainable at this level. :)

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:27 PM
So if we say it is necessary to learn Malay, will he/she learn? Well, actually learning an additional language is not a bad thing.

When I went to Thailand as a kid, I learnt Thai language and this had nothing to do with survival but more for fun. This language stayed with me for the rest of my life. Now every time when I go to Thailand to buy something and bargain with the seller, I will always first pretend I don't understand the Thai language and hear what those sellers say behind my back. I usually end up getting something a lot cheaper after revealing I can speak Thai perfectly and they think I am some Chinese Thai or Thailand born Chinese, whatever you name it.

Cant help myself but laughing after seeing the question raised. (no offense)
maybe he/she never been to JB and he/she is asking a very general question about JB then it is understandable.

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi bro,

You certainly look more knowledgeable than me seeing the info and experience you have shared with me and I thank you very much for your kindness for this. You are one of the good examples to show the benefit of reading posts in the thread. I enjoy a lot reading the posts in this thread starting from page 1.

perhaps it is the spoon-fed culture brewed and honed to perfection through the years of education.
I can understand this exactly, when I teach the most common question is almost always 'can repeat?' and this was for the most mundane questions where answers can be found in the notes, on the accompanying textbook and on the net etc...

I think quite a number of us here made the effort to read through the whole collection of this thread and have benefited deeply. Put in the hardwork and the yield is manifolds. I spent weeks leaving the forum page open all the time progressing a few pages at a time and devouring the contents before I dared initiate any questions and contributions. Now am informed and enjoying life on the other side. Thanks everyone here for all the advice, information etc from page 1 till almost 500 whether constant or occasional pitcher...

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:40 PM
I am very interested in learning Malay and have started looking at websites and some books. Hope some time soon in the future I can slowly catch up. Thank you very much for the link!

mmm ... 'should' ... The reality is that this has never been encouraged. In schools today, this is offered only to secondary school students who have done well in two other langauges. Prior to the 1980s, bazaar Malay was happily used by most people, it being such an easy language to learn and so expressive with even a single work eg 'shiok'!

The powers decided that all dialects should be suppressed and Mandarin only should be spoken in the Speak Mandarin Campaign, 1979: 講華語運動 - this translated to mostly the death of dialects and with that vast swathes of genuine culture brought over from all over China, because parents were so terrified that their children would lose out in school. Nursery rhymes, songs, little tales .. all lost. The disaster extended to grandchildren being unable to communicate with their grandparents, and this was ignored.

This also put paid to the authentic development of our own Singaporean culture with Malay-dialect words and phrases like "buay tahan". A simple example of forcing the language is kway teow however spelt, as it does not exist as a dish in Beijing.

While I loathe the garbling of grammar and torture of regular pronunciation of English, what has developed in the use of loan words into Standard English as used in Singapore [yet to be defined since no one has been given or taken that role to pronounce on what Standard Singapore English is] gives our brand of English authenticity, something so lacking with us, till even the Merlion is now a "symbol of Singapore"; and as for the re-writing of our history ... . I am glad to use such words as "dhoby - dobi" for laundryman, gasak buta, kena, Alamak!, kaki, gostan and so on. No doubt these may one day disappear as language evolves, but till then let the FT blend in with us and learn those too!

With FT now almost overtaking citizens, the Malay language as a National Language is unlikely to be restored as the lingua franca of Singapore, however simplified it was as we used it. Considering how expressive and easy the language is to learn, and how many millions in Indonesia and Malaysia, our closest neighbours, speak it, this is a pity.

I slaved preparing these two items on how to speak Malay - make a happy start in Malay with these:

http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=61:languages&Itemid=53

mathstub
27-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I've seen some books with CDs sold in Popular but just too expensive. Maybe I should get those learning materials in Malaysia instead.
I guess they should be cheaper if any.

Asking questions to clarify doubts can only help that much. Best is to go down to experience it for yourself.
Have been to jb very frequently since june this year - that was the very first time we heard of bukit indah . Have visited some of the eateries recommended on this forum and of course various properties. I must say JB is very livable and accessible. The journey has been an exciting one. And my next to do list is picking up the Malay Language. Cheers!

Aisanbo
27-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I've seen some books with CDs sold in Popular but just too expensive. Maybe I should get those learning materials in Malaysia instead.

I seen in their Harris bookstore at Tebrau city. The booklet with cd is about 50rm.
Another title Learning Malay for Everyone is about 26-28rm....can't remember exactly.

lastresort
27-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi bro, Great info! Now I have a clearer picture of the development. I know my neighbors may be rick and didn't know they could be that rich! :)

Hi bro, don't mention! =)

lastresort
27-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Just curious, has anyone been to the Horizon Residence Tower B launch. I wonder how much they are selling the units in tower B.

Investor
27-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi bro, don't mention! =)

Hi lastresort and anyone else who knows about Horizon Hills,

Are there any completed bungalows in The Hills Precinct with owners moved in? If yes, is it possible that they have already resided there(bungalow in the Hills) for a year?

mallow
27-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you very much for the assurance! I will need to get one of these there before people start queing up for one.

We took someone down today, on our way out to Singapore. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes - a Godsend, considering last year we had to leave our passports overnight with the Danga bay office.

lastresort
27-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi lastresort and anyone else who knows about Horizon Hills,

Are there any completed bungalows in The Hills Precinct with owners moved in? If yes, is it possible that they have already resided there(bungalow in the Hills) for a year?

yes, from what i've observed, some have already moved in, esp those nearer to the club house. I do see some of them building extensions to their bungalows. Might be possible that they have moved in for a year. I do see cars going in and out of their precinct.

Batok Seri
27-09-2011, 03:04 PM
So if we say it is necessary to learn Malay, will he/she learn? Well, actually learning an additional language is not a bad thing.

When I went to Thailand as a kid, I learnt Thai language and this had nothing to do with survival but more for fun. This language stayed with me for the rest of my life. ..

That language for me is Hokkien. Grew up in MacPherson estate. Yes its fun to listen in when they think you don't understand...

But Mandarin.. I liak bo kiu.

Interestingly, the word "Mandarin" was derived from the Malay word "menteri" meaning minister. Else it would have been "Speak Putonghua Campaign".

Investor
27-09-2011, 03:20 PM
yes, from what i've observed, some have already moved in, esp those nearer to the club house. I do see some of them building extensions to their bungalows. Might be possible that they have moved in for a year. I do see cars going in and out of their precinct.

Ok thanks for your reply lastresort.

arsenal
27-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Interesting... Wish to have more time knowing some Malay folks and learn something from them..

Thinking about it, my childhood friends are mostly Indians and Chinese.. There is a Malay family next door that we usually exchange cakes during festive seasons.. Very nice family.. Whose son is one of the Malay MPs but I don't have the chance to speak to him at all, not even once...

During Army have some Malay friends during BMT.. They are so funny... and easy going..

That language for me is Hokkien. Grew up in MacPherson estate. Yes its fun to listen in when they think you don't understand...

But Mandarin.. I liak bo kiu.

Interestingly, the word "Mandarin" was derived from the Malay word "menteri" meaning minister. Else it would have been "Speak Putonghua Campaign".

euphony
27-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi bro,

You certainly look more knowledgeable than me seeing the info and experience you have shared with me and I thank you very much for your kindness for this. You are one of the good examples to show the benefit of reading posts in the thread. I enjoy a lot reading the posts in this thread starting from page 1.

cheers, no worries at all regardless of which 'taman' we reside, we're all on the same side of the land so i guess that's where the camaraderie is built on. at times i find the reading this forum entertaining even as it is educational as we experience the day to day ups and downs that's documented here.

arsenal
27-09-2011, 03:57 PM
cheers, no worries at all regardless of which 'taman' we reside, we're all on the same side of the land so i guess that's where the camaraderie is built on. at times i find the reading this forum entertaining even as it is educational as we experience the day to day ups and downs that's documented here.

Taman is melayu? meaning country or garden? camaraderie is ??? liat bo kiu..

euphony
27-09-2011, 04:04 PM
in a bid to get a bit more social with board users (think of it as e-kopi), I thought I'd ask since when have u started living in JB (including weekenders)? i am a johorian, one of the tens of thousands who crossed the border when I was a kiddy to study, but lived in SG fully subsequently though i skipped out of town to the UK for a bit inbetween. Started to live in JB again circa nov 2010. what about you guys and gals?

euphony
27-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Taman is melayu? meaning country or garden? camaraderie is ??? liat bo kiu..

:D arsenal bro sort of translated to garden roughly?
the latter word refers to the bond amongst people.

mathstub
27-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I am not sure whether other bros have thought about this problem. This problem comes to my mind because my passport is going to expire in 7 months. When you sign the sales and purchase agreement or any other legal documents indicating your ownership of your property and all those documents you have signed during the process, some information regarding the owner, for example his/her name and passport no. etc. will be shown there so that this information together with the document can be used to prove he/she is the owner in case it is necessary in the future.

After your passport expires, you will get a new one with a different passport number. So do you think those sales and purchase agreement, legal documents need to be updated? Or simply keeping the old passport (the one you are holding when you buy the property and that is listed in the document for proving ownership) will do?

According to the website, it said applying MACS required the passport to be valid for at least 2 years. This means when your passport is going to expire in less than 2 years, you will not be able to get MACS unless you get a new passport. I assume this requirement is still valid, right?

Any bros here have encountered and thought about similar problems?

Inception
28-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Penang chief slammed over Johor remarks
He had said S'poreans risk being kidnapped when they visit Johor
The Straits Times
Sep 28, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR: Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng has touched off a firestorm in Malaysia after reports emerged that he had said Singaporeans risk being kidnapped if they visit Johor.

Mr Lim was touting Penang's advantages over Johor's in order to secure investment and visitors when he made the remarks at the Foreign Correspondents Association of Singapore luncheon, the New Straits Times (NST) newspaper said yesterday.

An audio recording of Mr Lim's remarks was earlier aired on the popular TV3 news channel.

According to TV3's news bulletin, Mr Lim said: 'So you don't have to worry about your safety when you come to Penang.

'In Johor, if you are Singaporean, you are likely to get kidnapped.'

At the luncheon, held last month, Mr Lim also said: '(Penang) is visibly cleaner, greener and also safer. We talk of safety in terms of reducing crime index. Penang was No. 1 last year in terms of cutting crime. We cut crimes by 37 per cent last year, and for the first six months of the year, we cut crime by another 25 per cent.'

The chief minister made the remarks in response to questions about the competition for investments between Penang and Johor's Iskandar Malaysia zone, according to several blogs in the country which posted the transcript of his remarks.

The zone is being developed into a tourism, educational, residential and business investment district by the Malaysian government.

According to the transcript - the blogs which published the remarks did not say how they were obtained - Mr Lim said that while there are those who say Iskandar is a big growth area, Penang will in the long run beat the Johor zone because 'Penang has rule of law'.

He was also quoted as saying that while Iskandar probably offers cheaper land prices, Penang has many skilled workers.

The wide-ranging remarks contained in the transcript also address, among other things, the state of the opposition in Malaysia, the reasons for Penang's economic success, and control of mass media in the country, among other things.

But his remark on kidnapping in Johor attracted the most attention, and has drawn criticisms from politicians and ordinary Malaysians alike.

Mr Lim, secretary-general of federal opposition party the Democratic Action Party (DAP), was reminded by Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin not to undermine Johor, and that such criticism would also affect the nation as a whole.

Malaysians across the country echoed Tan Sri Muhyiddin's comments, with some asking him to explain his remarks.

The incident first came to light last week, when news reports claimed Mr Lim made the remarks in an interview with Australian radio.

He issued a denial soon after, and furnished a transcript of the interview which contained no such remarks. He also threatened court action against the Bernama news agency, which carried them.

However, it has since emerged that the remarks were made at the Singapore luncheon.

In response to the latest reports, his press secretary issued a statement yesterday saying: 'It is clear that this is a planned and concerted attempt by the BN-controlled media to distract the Penang Chief Minister from his official duties with a plethora of misrepresentations, distortions and outright lies.

'The Penang Chief Minister does not have the time, nor the capacity, to deal with such an orchestrated attack of spiteful malignance when he is elected to focus on serving the best interests of Penangites.'

The statement did not refer to the comments made in Singapore.

checkers
28-09-2011, 01:16 AM
I've read throught most of the pages on this thread ...I may have missed this out.

Very little is mentioned of Austin Heights and Austin Perdana... Any comments on this development?

Nasi Lemak
28-09-2011, 01:26 AM

AWAS - CAUTION.

BAHAYA - DANGER.

RM154.40 - Satu Ratus Lima Puluh Empat Ringgit Empat Puluh Sen.

:):)

abugumgum
28-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Yes, I face this problem, so I carry my old passport with me.

Eventually the various agency and businesses will have to rectify this by updating database with new passport numbers. I certainly do not want to carry so many expired passports.

I am not sure whether other bros have thought about this problem. This problem comes to my mind because my passport is going to expire in 7 months. When you sign the sales and purchase agreement or any other legal documents indicating your ownership of your property and all those documents you have signed during the process, some information regarding the owner, for example his/her name and passport no. etc. will be shown there so that this information together with the document can be used to prove he/she is the owner in case it is necessary in the future.

After your passport expires, you will get a new one with a different passport number. So do you think those sales and purchase agreement, legal documents need to be updated? Or simply keeping the old passport (the one you are holding when you buy the property and that is listed in the document for proving ownership) will do?

According to the website, it said applying MACS required the passport to be valid for at least 2 years. This means when your passport is going to expire in less than 2 years, you will not be able to get MACS unless you get a new passport. I assume this requirement is still valid, right?

Any bros here have encountered and thought about similar problems?

abugumgum
28-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Danga Bay Interchange is now 100% operational.

http://super325.com/2011/09/26/iskandar-malaysia-update-danga-bay-interchange-is-100-operation-now-15-photos/

arsenal
28-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Let them win.. Anything happen you lose more..

Had a really bad day yesterday towards HH to makan with a sales man in the the cathy. One blue kancil with yellow lights literally cut into my lane as i was accelerating when the light turns green all without signals. Bugger literally has no respect for other fellow car users. When I overtook him, he accelerated as if trying to get into a race with me. When i saw my speed was 150km/hour, I eased off while entering the taman while he turned back into those flats. If u must stay in JB, you must be prepared for these rascals who literally drive around without licenses. Even if they have, they bought it.

Side track a bit, the coastal highway from HH seem to be opened but not to public. Saw some cars using it to leave or enter HH.

Investor
28-09-2011, 05:25 AM
the coastal highway from HH seem to be opened but not to public. Saw some cars using it to leave or enter HH.

From HH's exit, I drove into Coaster Highway illegally and headed towards Nusajaya. On the Coaster highway, you'll see that the road further ahead has been blocked, preventing access to Nusajaya. But as you drive closer, you'll find that it's a fake barrier as you can actually drive in a zig zag manner thru the barriers and reach Nusajaya.
Be very careful of the construction trucks if you're trying this route which is still under construction.

crystal_tiong
28-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi Guys

Is there any way to go Bt Indah without paying the tolls from first link ?
I remembered few mths ago , i went thru small road , I dun have to pay a single toll.
Seems like now to and fro have to pay tolls already.

Thanks

toyohon
28-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I've read throught most of the pages on this thread ...I may have missed this out.

Very little is mentioned of Austin Heights and Austin Perdana... Any comments on this development?

These areas are in the Tebrau Corridor, development built around Austin Hills Golf resort. Amenities like Sultan Ismail Hospital, Jusco Tebrau, Tesco, Sunway College, International Schools, Foon Yew Pri Sch etc. not forgetting "the soon to be built" Ikea.. The other developments nearby are Setia Indah, Seri Austin, Adda Heights, Desa Tebrau, Taman Gaya, Pelangi indah etc.

cathylmg
28-09-2011, 08:46 AM

You can borrow those CDs from the national library. Its FOC! :)

lastresort
28-09-2011, 09:04 AM
After sunrise, Gamuda, Island & Peninsular Bhd, Petaling Garden Bhd, Pelangi Bhd, Eastern & Oriental Bhd are all nationalised, now another giant developer is soon to be nationalised. :mad:

PNB offers RM3.90 a share for SP Setia takeover

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/pnb-offers-rm3.90-a-share-for-sp-setia-takeover/

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 28 – Malaysia’s state-controlled asset manager Permodalan Nasional Bhd has offered RM3.90 apiece for the remaining shares in builder SP Setia it does not already own, the deal’s adviser Maybank Investment said in an e-mail statement today.

The offer price represents a premium of 11.4 per cent over SP Setia’s last traded price of RM3.50. – Reuters

PNB offers to take over SP Setia

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/pnb-offers-to-take-over-sp-setia/

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 28 — Permodalan Nasional Berhad offered today to take over the nation’s second-largest developer by market value.

Shares of the developer had been hit by poor sentiment, dropping about 30 per cent off its high of RM4.62 per share but surged 13 per cent or 40 sen yesterday to RM3.50.

SP Setia Bhd said in an announcement to Bursa today that it received a notice of takeover offer from Permodalan Nasional Berhad, a major shareholder of SP Setia, and had informed it of its obligation to extend a conditional takeover offer.

SP Setia had also asked that trading on its shares be suspended.

The Edge Financial Daily had reported this morning that there had been rumours SP Setia would be taken private so that PNB could use the developer as its main vehicle to consolidate its investments in various property companies as well as to consolidate the interests of the various government-linked funds in SP Setia into one fund.

PNB at present has a 28.5 per cent stake in SP Setia while EPF has 13.4 per cent.

The major private shareholder is Tan Sri Lee Siew Kin, who has about 12 per cent.

SP Setia ranks only behind UEM Land in market value. It is involved in the KL Eco City project, which has an estimated gross development value of RM6 billion.

The group is also pursuing a land swap deal with the government to exchange 40 acres of prime land in Bangsar for a 53-acre integrated health and research facility in its Setia Alam township.

SP Setia reported third-quarter earnings of RM91million, taking its nine-month total net profit to RM246 million representing a year-on-year growth of 39 per cent.

cathylmg
28-09-2011, 09:11 AM
These areas are in the Tebrau Corridor, development built around Austin Hills Golf resort. Amenities like Sultan Ismail Hospital, Jusco Tebrau, Tesco, Sunway College, International Schools, Foon Yew Pri Sch etc. not forgetting "the soon to be built" Ikea.. The other developments nearby are Setia Indah, Seri Austin, Adda Heights, Desa Tebrau, Taman Gaya, Pelangi indah etc.

And also Setia Tropika, Kempas Utama, Soon to be built 400 bed specialist hospital at Bandar Dato Onn...etc

Personnal I like Bandar Dato Onn. It is a Bandar and suppose to have everything. Schools, swimming pool, police station, hospital, shopping centres, international schools.....etc..... The thing is land is so big, double the size of Setia Tropika. Takes time to build.

checkers
28-09-2011, 09:12 AM
if the takeover is successful, what kind of implications does it have for buyers then? I wonder

lastresort
28-09-2011, 09:32 AM
I think it may affect a number of things. Firstly, overseas investors may take this news negatively (afterall it is the largest if not second largest listed developer). Instead of opening up the economy, the government is investing and controlling privately owned companies. Merging some of these companies, reducing competition.

Think about UEM land and Setia dominating the property industry in Johor, cyberjaya, putrajaya, Eastern & Oriental Bhd in Penang, BRDB in KL, Sunrise in KL (mount kiara, duatamas, hartamas), UDA land, Sime Darby, UM land.

cathylmg
28-09-2011, 10:05 AM
I think it may affect a number of things. Firstly, overseas investors may take this news negatively (afterall it is the largest if not second largest listed developer). Instead of opening up the economy, the government is investing and controlling privately owned companies. Merging some of these companies, reducing competition.

Think about UEM land and Setia dominating the property industry in Johor, cyberjaya, putrajaya, Eastern & Oriental Bhd in Penang, BRDB in KL, Sunrise in KL (mount kiara, duatamas, hartamas), UDA land, Sime Darby, UM land.

If they can take down 1, it means that they can take down anyone.... Not a very good sign for us investors....

arsenal
28-09-2011, 10:10 AM
The toll free road is the new coastal highway that is being discussed..

Hi Guys

Is there any way to go Bt Indah without paying the tolls from first link ?
I remembered few mths ago , i went thru small road , I dun have to pay a single toll.
Seems like now to and fro have to pay tolls already.

Thanks

Investor
28-09-2011, 11:02 AM
After sunrise, Gamuda, Island & Peninsular Bhd, Petaling Garden Bhd, Pelangi Bhd, Eastern & Oriental Bhd are all nationalised, now another giant developer is soon to be nationalised. :mad:

PNB offers RM3.90 a share for SP Setia takeover

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/pnb-offers-rm3.90-a-share-for-sp-setia-takeover/

PNB offers to take over SP Setia

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/pnb-offers-to-take-over-sp-setia/

if the takeover is successful, what kind of implications does it have for buyers then? I wonder

If they can take down 1, it means that they can take down anyone.... Not a very good sign for us investors....

Hi Lastresort and Cathylmg,

Care to share your views in more details?
I see it as something good to our present properties investment in Iskandar instead.

Aisanbo
28-09-2011, 12:39 PM

I see it as something good to our present properties investment in Iskandar instead.

That's what I felt too. If government owns SP Setia, wouldn't it mean they are bullish on the property market in Iskandar . And they would tend to develop infrastructure to boost the SP SEtia developments, etc....So its good for SP Setia home buyers. On the other hand, government can now control prices and supply of new launches.

lastresort
28-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Maybe I looked into the fundamental of the economy, the long term prospects. Many sensitive issues internally (the cronism and songlaps), but to foreigners like us, we are more concerned about fair investment opportunities. I'm taking a more macro view of the economy and not just looking at the purchase of our properties in certain developments. For the economy to be more efficient, there should be more competition, opening up of sectors, fair and transparent tender of contracts, i.e. the government shouldn't be inward looking.

From what I've gathered, UEM Group used to be a private company owned by a minority group. It did not have developer background, but its subsidiary UEM Land managed to become the master developer of Nusajaya, and subsequently acquired a more established well known developer.

Gamuda was also a private company that is now linked to an influential royal family, it is now able to clinch infrastructure contracts one after another.

These are probably the factors investors (major investors like Temasek) would consider when deciding whether or not to invest in this economy, their investments will bring about higher value added jobs and higher income. ;)

euphony
28-09-2011, 01:51 PM
You are so environment friendly, i see all those ang moh staying in humongous houses in the west. Recently i watched this BBC decor show and they featured one normal (i.e not extra rich) couple with a child staying in this humongous house in the UK non-urban area. Everything is huge and open. The view is perfect, no neighbour in sight! Where to find such house in Asia? So far only see some in south Taiwan.

wow very good for kids play hide and seek can take the whole day as there's just too many places to hide.

euphony
28-09-2011, 02:05 PM
From HH's exit, I drove into Coaster Highway illegally and headed towards Nusajaya. On the Coaster highway, you'll see that the road further ahead has been blocked, preventing access to Nusajaya. But as you drive closer, you'll find that it's a fake barrier as you can actually drive in a zig zag manner thru the barriers and reach Nusajaya.
Be very careful of the construction trucks if you're trying this route which is still under construction.

was using the coastal highway earlier, I did notice an opening through the barriers to continue on at the bukit indah exit. I also saw a car or two continuing up the bridge onwards. and i was just wondering if its 'soft launch'...

euphony
28-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe I looked into the fundamental of the economy, the long term prospects. Many sensitive issues internally (the cronism and songlaps), but to foreigners like us, we are more concerned about fair investment opportunities. I'm taking a more macro view of the economy and not just looking at the purchase of our properties in certain developments. For the economy to be more efficient, there should be more competition, opening up of sectors, fair and transparent tender of contracts, i.e. the government shouldn't be inward looking.

agree. look at internet broadband for example, obvious government monopoly until recently. the quality and the per byte costs pale in comparison to sg even thou my is a bigger market altogether.

arsenal
28-09-2011, 02:19 PM
was using the coastal highway earlier, I did notice an opening through the barriers to continue on at the bukit indah exit. I also saw a car or two continuing up the bridge onwards. and i was just wondering if its 'soft launch'...

Hope the bridge is complete and no car will drop off any uncompleted part...:)

When I was a young boy, I sneaked out early in the morning one today with my neighbours and we cycled up the incomplete ECP.. One the way down, the momentum was so fast that some of us fell off the bicycles and bleed badly.. We played hide and seek with our parents until the wound recover...

kaeel
28-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi guys,

I am selling my Semi-D at Nusa Idaman. It's a 2.5 story. (with basement, 40 X 80) Fantastic layout but I am selling this house because I am in need of money for studies for my children. It's in the heliconia precinct. IIRC, there are only 20 of such units. Just behind Horizon Hills. The unit is facing the lush greenery and there quite a vast amount of land to utilize although it's not a corner unit. There is also lifetime membership to Horizon Hills facilities. That's just one of the perks I can rmb off hand. From what I know, Units in heliconia are fully sold. If you're interested, please drop me a msg. I am not able to upload pictures yet as I am yet to go down to take this weekend.

I had no regrets buying this house, it's still being built. My only regret is that I did not give some thought for my children studies before buying this house... If interested, pls pm me.

I bought it at RM7XX XXX. Am willing to go lower than the price I bought for and I believe my loss is your gain in this case....

Thank you.

euphony
28-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Hope the bridge is complete and no car will drop off any uncompleted part...:)

When I was a young boy, I sneaked out early in the morning one today with my neighbours and we cycled up the incomplete ECP.. One the way down, the momentum was so fast that some of us fell off the bicycles and bleed badly.. We played hide and seek with our parents until the wound recover...

0.o right killed my curiosity, better safe than sorry hurhur.

euphony
28-09-2011, 02:46 PM
engaged this mover that can shift within JB today. They charged me RM300 and was relatively good though not SG std. propackers quoted RM1400, i dropped my jaw. 2 very honest and friendly malay guys. Heads up for rafflestiger as I remember you asked sometime back. caveat though is you have to be able to speak malay.

ginfreely
28-09-2011, 05:56 PM
AWAS - CAUTION.

BAHAYA - DANGER.

RM154.40 - Satu Ratus Lima Puluh Empat Ringgit Empat Puluh Sen.

:):)

Oic, thanks alot!

ginfreely
28-09-2011, 06:00 PM
wow very good for kids play hide and seek can take the whole day as there's just too many places to hide.

Yeah so much open space both in the house and outside, but don't know how they do the cleaning though, no maid in sight!

ginfreely
28-09-2011, 06:14 PM
From HH's exit, I drove into Coaster Highway illegally and headed towards Nusajaya. On the Coaster highway, you'll see that the road further ahead has been blocked, preventing access to Nusajaya.

Access to Nusajaya? You mean Horizon hills is not located in Nusajaya? I thought HH address is already Nusajaya?

limmcd
28-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Just curious, has anyone been to the Horizon Residence Tower B launch. I wonder how much they are selling the units in tower B.

400k+
cheaper than skyloft by 20%.
I'm one of those lucky early birds which got a few-high floor units at Tower A & B for 350k+
:)

limmcd
28-09-2011, 07:00 PM
That's what I believe in too. We have so much time to invest in Iskandar ahead of others and make the most profit out of it(in terms of percentage) simply because people, Singaporeans and Malaysians alike, do not believe in the capability and follow-thru effort of the Malaysian Government.

Since last year, judging from the cumulative investments into Iskandar(especially Nusajaya) and the Malaysian Government's effort and funding to improve in areas like Public safety(Police Dept), infrastrutures(eg. multi billion ringgit highways and State Admin Centre etc), publicity of Iskandar Region etc etc. My own view since then is that there is a much much higher chance for Nusajaya(I dare not say the whole of Iskandar) to be a success than to fail.

What I think is the same as you guys, which is - As Nusajaya develops and safety of the region improves, more Singaporeans and Malaysians(even those from say KL and Penang) will slowly get to know about Nusajaya and visit the tourist attractions located in Nusajaya(Like Legoland, Indoor theme park, LifeStyle Mall etc). They will finally see for themselves that this place is indeed a very nice place in Malaysia to 'Live, Work and Play'. In fact, being a totally brand new city built with careful planning, it might even be the nicest city in the whole of Malaysia. By that time(2012 tipping point), not just Singaporeans but even richer Malaysians themselves would want to have a piece of the best which their own country has to offer, even if it's just a weekend home.

Many of my friends who are businessmen in JB and can afford to invest in a few properties with their pocket money have not even visited Nusajaya yet. Why? Simply because they have the same mindset as Singaporeans in terms of the capabilities of their own Government. So rest assure that many people, even Malaysians in Johor Bahru, haven't even seen Nusajaya yet, let alone rich Malaysians from all over the country.

Oh yah I've met a Malaysian couple(both working in Sg) at the launch of Impiana Condo outside East Ledang last Sunday. They have a weekend home in Leisure Farm for the past 3 years and only just found out about Nusajaya's progress very recently(or maybe they didn't bother to find out about Nusajaya until recent happenings and publicity). They were at the launch for investment opportunity in Nusajaya's properties. When I asked them whether or not they have visited the beautiful Kota Iskandar and Puteri Harbour, their answer was, 'Where is that??'.

Luckily for us, there's the capable PM Najib, the man who walks the talk, the man of action.

Again, do not get upset for those who missed the "boat"...
I bought a couple of Ujana condos for RM330/sqft. Now, how much is Impiana Condo cost? Feel free to find out yourself.
I've heavily invested in Horizon Residence Condos too as it is the cheapest & have good investment prospect.

Aisanbo
28-09-2011, 07:47 PM
The Seeds condo by Sutera Utama seems so much more value. Any bros buying into it? It is just north of bukit indah and near to Sutera Mall. But I would say its more targeted to the Chinese community than expats.

limmcd
28-09-2011, 07:58 PM
The Seeds condo by Sutera Utama seems so much more value. Any bros buying into it? It is just north of bukit indah and near to Sutera Mall. But I would say its more targeted to the Chinese community than expats.

Traffic might be a big problem in the future. It does not have clear cut access to Coastal highway, as many traffic lights towards Sutera, Nusa Bestari then Bukit Indah.
The only advantages will be the nearby international school & shoplots at Sutera Mall.
But I do like their signage of using 'Green' concept to attract buyers. However, the actual design of the unit(using town house concept) is not up to standard. Better drop by and see for yourself. Even the existing townhouses like Nusa Villa, are better than it. just my view, no offense pls.

limmcd
28-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Nusajaya - Kota Iskandar...
It is a matter of time, Bukit Indah, Perling, Nusa BESTARI will be under Nusajaya territory.

tansi
29-09-2011, 12:54 AM
for folks growing up in cities, we may not be aware of creatures living in their natural habitat. residential areas built on recently cleared forest or plantation may find snakes etc., especially those near the verge of greens. my neighbor found a snake crawling to his doorstep one evening. I discovered twice a toad squatting inside my walking shoes left at the entrance of my hse; perhaps it finds warmth and moisture comfortable. During a morning walk around the precinct, i came across a snake crawling across the road. it raised its nasty head, bared its fangs before crawling back to the grass. All the incidents happened early in the morning or in the evening. May be the creatures would avoid sunny heat by staying in shallows.

checkers
29-09-2011, 02:11 AM
for folks growing up in cities, we may not be aware of creatures living in their natural habitat. residential areas built on recently cleared forest or plantation may find snakes etc., especially those near the verge of greens. my neighbor found a snake crawling to his doorstep one evening. I discovered twice a toad squatting inside my walking shoes left at the entrance of my hse; perhaps it finds warmth and moisture comfortable. During a morning walk around the precinct, i came across a snake crawling across the road. it raised its nasty head, bared its fangs before crawling back to the grass. All the incidents happened early in the morning or in the evening. May be the creatures would avoid sunny heat by staying in shallows.

not forgetting monkeys and squirrels too... i spotted them at one of the developments:)

Investor
29-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Access to Nusajaya? You mean Horizon hills is not located in Nusajaya? I thought HH address is already Nusajaya?

Yes Horizon Hills Residences is part of Nusajaya City.

I was talking about the road signs along Coaster Highway.
If you drive along Coaster Highway, from Danga Bay towards Nusajaya. The road sign at the exit(interchange) to Horizon Hills states 'TMN Bukit Indah/TMN Nusa Idaman/Horizon Hills'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/ Kota Iskandar'

The road sign at the next exit(interchange) states 'Kota Iskandar'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/Pontian/Tuas/Kuala Lumpur'

If you continue to follow the road sign towards Nusajaya, it will lead you to Anjung Neighbourhood Centre which is outside East Ledang.

cathylmg
29-09-2011, 03:21 AM
not forgetting monkeys and squirrels too... i spotted them at one of the developments:)

And also Chameleons. I found it on the tree infront of the house. Change colour real fast. :)

arsenal
29-09-2011, 03:36 AM
And also Chameleons. I found it on the tree infront of the house. Change colour real fast. :)

I saw herons and sea birds.....in some of the prestincts...

cleyeo
29-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Just next to Bestari Height is a river. I did walk by the river side few times during my visit to Bestari Height. You will see many types of birds and lizards. I am not sure about snake, but I do believe it is high chance to have snakes there. The river is so shallow, I think the water is just knee deep. Anyway, just play safe. If I can see snakes (few times) at Choa Chu Kang area, I think it will be more at JB.

now back to property. I went to view Kempas Height few days ago. The show unit with size 36" X 80" plus big garden is priced about RM600K. I think it is very good price. the only minus point is, it is surrounded by so non exclusive housing and not many ammenities around. The salesman told me the price come with 2 years golf membership at Star hill. No shopping mall, the nearest one will be sutera mall or tebrau jusco. As for the unit quality, it is considered very good. They use 80 by 80 tiles with parquet floor on the second floor.

euphony
29-09-2011, 05:31 AM
I saw herons and sea birds.....in some of the prestincts...

continuing the list... I saw a bat yesterday. First time in my life!

crystal_tiong
29-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Hi guys

U have any idea how govt able to check if we have overseas properties ?

I am thinking to buy a jb house now before the price getting higher and applying BTO with my mother.

Thanks

crystal_tiong
29-09-2011, 06:07 AM
erm , how come my posts always need moderator to approve before it will show up ? its delays like 2 to 3 hrs.

lastresort
29-09-2011, 08:52 AM
400k+
cheaper than skyloft by 20%.
I'm one of those lucky early birds which got a few-high floor units at Tower A & B for 350k+
:)

Hi limmcd bro, may I know the psf price range (from the cheapest unit on the lowest floor, to the highest non pent house unit), I do not know the current skyloft prices. 350K+ is for a unit of what size?

lastresort
29-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Again, do not get upset for those who missed the "boat"...
I bought a couple of Ujana condos for RM330/sqft. Now, how much is Impiana Condo cost? Feel free to find out yourself.
I've heavily invested in Horizon Residence Condos too as it is the cheapest & have good investment prospect.

Limmcd bro, you seem to be very bullish on high rises, could you share your views on investing in condos and apartments.

What about Fairway Suites @ Horizon Hills.

limmcd
29-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Limmcd bro, you seem to be very bullish on high rises, could you share your views on investing in condos and apartments.

What about Fairway Suites @ Horizon Hills.

Nowadays, lowest floor unit >400/sqft (Skyloft, Seed, Fairway, Impiana)
I managed to grab the high floor(>18 floor) at <350/sqft for Horizon R & Ujana.
Somehow, the younger generation(working in SG) prefer to stay in high rise, compared to landed.
It is a matter of time it will hit >500/sqft.. Cheers.

kaeel
29-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi guys,

I am selling my Semi-D at Nusa Idaman. It's a 2.5 story. (with basement, 40 X 80) Fantastic layout but I am selling this house because I am in need of money for studies for my children. It's in the heliconia precinct. IIRC, there are only 20 of such units. Just behind Horizon Hills. The unit is facing the lush greenery and there quite a vast amount of land to utilize although it's not a corner unit. There is also lifetime membership to Horizon Hills facilities. That's just one of the perks I can rmb off hand. From what I know, Units in heliconia are fully sold. If you're interested, please drop me a msg. I am not able to upload pictures yet as I am yet to go down to take this weekend.

I had no regrets buying this house, it's still being built. My only regret is that I did not give some thought for my children studies before buying this house... If interested, pls pm me.

I bought it at RM7XX XXX. Am willing to go lower than the price I bought for and I believe my loss is your gain in this case....

Thank you.

Hi all,

I will be going down to take pictures of the house this weekend. If anyone's interested in viewing it at the same time, do let me know.
Tks.

ginfreely
29-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes Horizon Hills Residences is part of Nusajaya City.

I was talking about the road signs along Coaster Highway.
If you drive along Coaster Highway, from Danga Bay towards Nusajaya. The road sign at the exit(interchange) to Horizon Hills states 'TMN Bukit Indah/TMN Nusa Idaman/Horizon Hills'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/ Kota Iskandar'

The road sign at the next exit(interchange) states 'Kota Iskandar'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/Pontian/Tuas/Kuala Lumpur'

If you continue to follow the road sign towards Nusajaya, it will lead you to Anjung Neighbourhood Centre which is outside East Ledang.

Hmm looks like the road signs don't include Kota iskandar and HH as part of Nusajaya although they are. From HH clubhouse, can see Marborough college building-in-progress at a distance.

abugumgum
29-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Bro, did you see the bat in LF or somewhere else?

continuing the list... I saw a bat yesterday. First time in my life!

checkers
29-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't know about bats in LF but squirrels and monkeys are spotted regularly at LF ...it's like living in Botanical Gardens ;) And the trees are mature and green. The setting is very natural .
Personally I like the place a lot but a family member finds it too quiet ... and a hassle to travel around Gelang Patah town and the PTP road for home and out. :(

Grago
30-09-2011, 12:05 AM
engaged this mover that can shift within JB today. They charged me RM300 and was relatively good though not SG std. propackers quoted RM1400, i dropped my jaw. 2 very honest and friendly malay guys. Heads up for rafflestiger as I remember you asked sometime back. caveat though is you have to be able to speak malay.Can you share the contact Infor and your after move assessment of the movers? It would be appreciated by all here.....!

Investor
30-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Copied the below from another forum. This blogger blogs about Kuala Lumpur but has started his first blog about Iskandar as he sees that it's getting quite active.

"First paid advertorial and the project comes from Iskandar Malaysia

>>> http://www.patchay.com/2011/09/setia-eco-cascadia.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CdO1Jmx0Bwk/Tn6opu0_diI/AAAAAAAAGa0/KQCYIEDjCJw/s400/cascadia.jpg

The Iskandar market is getting quite active, and thus with the above blogpost marks my venture into Iskandar project postings.

If everything goes well, Iskandar is expected to be Malaysia's largest recipient of Foreign Direct and Domestic Private Investments this year."

Aisanbo
30-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Nowadays, lowest floor unit >400/sqft (Skyloft, Seed, Fairway, Impiana)
I managed to grab the high floor(>18 floor) at <350/sqft for Horizon R & Ujana.
Somehow, the younger generation(working in SG) prefer to stay in high rise, compared to landed.
It is a matter of time it will hit >500/sqft.. Cheers.
Not exactly true. If I'm not wrong, Seeds is going at mid $3xx psf.

Personally, I dun think people prefer condo becos of it's high-rise but more due to facilities, security and cheaper.
If a bigger size landed terrace with clubhouse and security is at same price point as the condo, I would go for the landed.

Aisanbo
30-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Traffic might be a big problem in the future. It does not have clear cut access to Coastal highway, as many traffic lights towards Sutera, Nusa Bestari then Bukit Indah.
The only advantages will be the nearby international school & shoplots at Sutera Mall.
But I do like their signage of using 'Green' concept to attract buyers. However, the actual design of the unit(using town house concept) is not up to standard. Better drop by and see for yourself. Even the existing townhouses like Nusa Villa, are better than it. just my view, no offense pls.
Yeah...I noticed the traffic might be problematic there. But in longer term perhaps the roads would be upgraded...dunno.
Besides townhouse, they do have the normal condo apartments.

checkers
30-09-2011, 05:38 AM
erm , how come my posts always need moderator to approve before it will show up ? its delays like 2 to 3 hrs.

it is like that at the beginning lah...the posts should come instantly soon ... be patient :)

checkers
30-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Just next to Bestari Height is a river. I did walk by the river side few times during my visit to Bestari Height. You will see many types of birds and lizards. I am not sure about snake, but I do believe it is high chance to have snakes there. The river is so shallow, I think the water is just knee deep. Anyway, just play safe. If I can see snakes (few times) at Choa Chu Kang area, I think it will be more at JB.

now back to property. I went to view Kempas Height few days ago. The show unit with size 36" X 80" plus big garden is priced about RM600K. I think it is very good price. the only minus point is, it is surrounded by so non exclusive housing and not many ammenities around. The salesman told me the price come with 2 years golf membership at Star hill. No shopping mall, the nearest one will be sutera mall or tebrau jusco. As for the unit quality, it is considered very good. They use 80 by 80 tiles with parquet floor on the second floor.

Do u mean kempas utama?
The price is real reasonable for that size and the garden.:D
Think it is near Setia Tropika ... so can pop by their shophouses and Tropika Connect :)

geritan
30-09-2011, 08:03 AM
in a bid to get a bit more social with board users (think of it as e-kopi), I thought I'd ask since when have u started living in JB (including weekenders)? i am a johorian, one of the tens of thousands who crossed the border when I was a kiddy to study, but lived in SG fully subsequently though i skipped out of town to the UK for a bit inbetween. Started to live in JB again circa nov 2010. what about you guys and gals?

me will be moving in this dec. so how is it now that you move back to JB? do you miss living in sin? do you have kids? i'm a bit concern that my kids will complain about the commuting between sin and jb to school daily from next term.

cathylmg
30-09-2011, 09:15 AM
me will be moving in this dec. so how is it now that you move back to JB? do you miss living in sin? do you have kids? i'm a bit concern that my kids will complain about the commuting between sin and jb to school daily from next term.

Hi! Just to share with you some of my experience. I have 2 primary school kid. One is p3, the other is p6. Moving to JB has been an eye opening experience for them. People have warned me about almost anything under the sky from travelling time, to tuition avenue, to travelling stress, etc, etc, etc...

The thing is always be prepared. Have a schedule for everything. Put them to bed early so that they wake up early. Prepare things like uniforms, water bottle, clothings after school, etc... in advance. Think of a place for them to do homework. A place for tuition. A few nice place for food. The rest, just work it out as it goes. Don't think too much. They will be ok. I can do it. So can you! ;)

cathylmg
30-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Taken from NST:-

More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years
2011/09/27
By Sim Bak Heng
Share |

Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman (left) and Tan Sri Ta Kin Yan looking at a model of the Hotel Palazzo.THE hospitality industry in Iskandar Malaysia will see big investments from both domestic and foreign players to build hotels and serviced apartments within the next three years.
At least four hotels and service apartments are expected to provide over 3,000 rooms.

They include the 900-room KSL Resort in Taman Century; the 198-room Granada Hotel in Bukit Indah; the 300-room Renaissance Hotel in Permas Jaya; the 292-room Traders Hotel in Nusajaya; and the 293-room Palazzo Hotel and Serviced Suites at the Danga Bay.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, initially, Iskandar Malaysia may not have sufficient rooms to cope with the influx of tourists coming to Kulaijaya Premier Outlet, which is opening in November, and Legoland in Nusajaya which is expected to open in the third quarter of next year.

He said things will change by 2014 when Iskandar Malaysia will have more hotels and serviced apartments.

"By then, we will have enough hotel rooms for visitors, as well as serviced apartments for professionals and expatriates who are likely to relocate to Johor for jobs," he said after the ground-breaking ceremony of the Palazzo Hotel at Danga Bay recently.

Ghani said Dijaya Corporation had announced plans to develop luxury serviced apartments while the Danga Bay Group itself is planning to build no less than two major hotels at the marina area in Danga Bay.

Moving over to the east coast, he said Khazanah Nasional Bhd is working on a multi-billion ringgit development plan to transform Desaru into an integrated and premier lifestyle destination.

"In the pipeline is the building of two international-class hotels and a golf course. There will be a theme park with tropical, eco-adventure and water features, and a convention centre.

"The opening of the Senai-Desaru Expressway recently has improved accessibility to the east coast significantly. We expect more investments to come into the Desaru hospitality industry," he said.

Read more: More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3iskl/Article/#ixzz1ZQSFOzyH

cathylmg
30-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Taken from NST:-

More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years
2011/09/27
By Sim Bak Heng
Share |

Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman (left) and Tan Sri Ta Kin Yan looking at a model of the Hotel Palazzo.THE hospitality industry in Iskandar Malaysia will see big investments from both domestic and foreign players to build hotels and serviced apartments within the next three years.
At least four hotels and service apartments are expected to provide over 3,000 rooms.

They include the 900-room KSL Resort in Taman Century; the 198-room Granada Hotel in Bukit Indah; the 300-room Renaissance Hotel in Permas Jaya; the 292-room Traders Hotel in Nusajaya; and the 293-room Palazzo Hotel and Serviced Suites at the Danga Bay.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, initially, Iskandar Malaysia may not have sufficient rooms to cope with the influx of tourists coming to Kulaijaya Premier Outlet, which is opening in November, and Legoland in Nusajaya which is expected to open in the third quarter of next year.

He said things will change by 2014 when Iskandar Malaysia will have more hotels and serviced apartments.

"By then, we will have enough hotel rooms for visitors, as well as serviced apartments for professionals and expatriates who are likely to relocate to Johor for jobs," he said after the ground-breaking ceremony of the Palazzo Hotel at Danga Bay recently.

Ghani said Dijaya Corporation had announced plans to develop luxury serviced apartments while the Danga Bay Group itself is planning to build no less than two major hotels at the marina area in Danga Bay.

Moving over to the east coast, he said Khazanah Nasional Bhd is working on a multi-billion ringgit development plan to transform Desaru into an integrated and premier lifestyle destination.

"In the pipeline is the building of two international-class hotels and a golf course. There will be a theme park with tropical, eco-adventure and water features, and a convention centre.

"The opening of the Senai-Desaru Expressway recently has improved accessibility to the east coast significantly. We expect more investments to come into the Desaru hospitality industry," he said.

Read more: More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3iskl/Article/#ixzz1ZQSFOzyH

Looks like the west side has more or less taken shape. Next change is the east side liao. Then the north.

cleyeo
30-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi guys

Thanks

Crystal, what does it mean ?. are we not allowed to purchase overseas properties ?. just curious, because I never think about it when I made the purchase.

ginfreely
30-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi guys

I am thinking to buy a jb house now before the price getting higher and applying BTO with my mother.

Thanks

No idea how they check but i don't believe they can check! Just look at how many fake degree holders they let in and you can judge for yourself. They can't even check properly to know these overseas qualification people declared are fake, how to trust them to check properly overseas property ownership that people don't even declare?

When PRC/Indians say they don't own property in China/India, how are they going to comb the data of these countries' numerous states/cities/towns/provinces/villages etc to confirm? Don't say China/India, i don't think they can even comb Malaysia!

The conclusion is this policy - like the previous single PR can own HDB flat policy - is again biased and favouring foreigners who have it easy to own multiple properties at their home country and HDB at the same time, while Singaporean will not be able to own private property and HDB at the same time in our own country.

geritan
30-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi! Just to share with you some of my experience. I have 2 primary school kid. One is p3, the other is p6. Moving to JB has been an eye opening experience for them. People have warned me about almost anything under the sky from travelling time, to tuition avenue, to travelling stress, etc, etc, etc...

The thing is always be prepared. Have a schedule for everything. Put them to bed early so that they wake up early. Prepare things like uniforms, water bottle, clothings after school, etc... in advance. Think of a place for them to do homework. A place for tuition. A few nice place for food. The rest, just work it out as it goes. Don't think too much. They will be ok. I can do it. So can you! ;)

Hi, thanks for sharing. Good to hear that all of you are coping well. I have a few questions, hope you don't mind.
1. What time do you reach JB CIQ and what time do you reach Sin side?
2. What time do you leave Sin for JB, any jam? Do you know what time the traffic will start to pile up? My observation is it starts from 5 or 5.30pm. Do you have the Ktm train schedule cos some days my eldest will finish school at 7pm. I thought of asking him to take a train across the causeway and I meet him at City Square.
3. Where do your kids attend tuition, JB or Sin?
Hope it's not too personal. Thanks.

arsenal
30-09-2011, 12:40 PM
I am impressed.. But the kid will get used to it sooner or later..

arsenal
30-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Such policy has no effect on foreigners but it sure affect the Singaporeans... What if they need to downgrade and they can only afford HDB? Sucks...

No idea how they check but i don't believe they can check! Just look at how many fake degree holders they let in and you can judge for yourself. They can't even check properly to know these overseas qualification people declared are fake, how to trust them to check properly overseas property ownership that people don't even declare?

When PRC/Indians say they don't own property in China/India, how are they going to comb the data of these countries' numerous states/cities/towns/provinces/villages etc to confirm? Don't say China/India, i don't think they can even comb Malaysia!

The conclusion is this policy - like the previous single PR can own HDB flat policy - is again biased and favouring foreigners who have it easy to own multiple properties at their home country and HDB at the same time, while Singaporean will not be able to own private property and HDB at the same time in our own country.

limmcd
30-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Not exactly true. If I'm not wrong, Seeds is going at mid $3xx psf.

Personally, I dun think people prefer condo becos of it's high-rise but more due to facilities, security and cheaper.
If a bigger size landed terrace with clubhouse and security is at same price point as the condo, I would go for the landed.

June-11
The Seed @ Sutera Utama, located on a 19.02 ha land site, comprises 1,230 residential units, ranging from garden suites to penthouses. The garden suites include three-storey Garden and Duplex Suites, as well as six-storey and nine-storey Boutique Suites, with a floor area ranging between 1,240 sq ft and 2,390 sq ft and prices starting from RM558,000 to RM1.2 million.

Property prices are going up in Nusajaya my friends...

euphony
30-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Bro, did you see the bat in LF or somewhere else?

yeah in LF though I am not sure if its a fruit bat or blood bat, i guess if its the later it would've come straight for my blood :p

euphony
30-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't know about bats in LF but squirrels and monkeys are spotted regularly at LF ...it's like living in Botanical Gardens ;) And the trees are mature and green. The setting is very natural .
Personally I like the place a lot but a family member finds it too quiet ... and a hassle to travel around Gelang Patah town and the PTP road for home and out. :(

checkers, u're an LFer too? :)
it is indeed quiet! when i tried playing some music on my iTunes, I walked out to the car porch to grab something off the car and I can hear it reverberate through the street.

euphony
30-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Can you share the contact Infor and your after move assessment of the movers? It would be appreciated by all here.....!

Ok! though I'll just say it right here that I don't get anything for referring. I call the boss encik. MUST be able to converse in malay. RM300 for a small lorry. 013-7272337
The furniture I shifted are for my temporal use before being shipped off to another place, it did suffer some scratches and chips but which i am ok with. They provide an as is service because they are really cheap if you want your furniture protected better do it yourself prior to their arrival with your own bubble or shrink wrap or boxes. For the undemanding this is as good as it gets. Hope this short review helps!

checkers
30-09-2011, 03:40 PM
checkers, u're an LFer too? :)
it is indeed quiet! when i tried playing some music on my iTunes, I walked out to the car porch to grab something off the car and I can hear it reverberate through the street.

i almost became one lah ...been there a couple of times to show at the show units ... even stayed at garden court for one nite but due to the above stated reason , did not go ahead with booking ...

euphony
30-09-2011, 04:00 PM

hey there! i hope your transition will be smooth, get help here on the board if you're in need for some directions.
As for your questions, in part I want to be closer to my mum and also have a better quality of life on a stretched dollar.
I don't miss sg (except for its design centric furniture and gourmet grocers). No I don't have kids. Perhaps try renting a temporary accommodation to ease them into the routine? Perhaps tell them why you want to shift and make their stay in JB enjoyable. They may grumble especially when it comes to waking up in the early morning but they might be looking forwards to coming home afterwards. (Becomes a pull rather than push)

euphony
30-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Cathy, I salute you for being so systematic with tenacity. Very good role model for your kids and other board users too!

Grago
30-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Ok! though I'll just say it right here that I don't get anything for referring. I call the boss encik. MUST be able to converse in malay. RM300 for a small lorry. 013-7272337The furniture I shifted are for my temporal use before being shipped off to another place, it did suffer some scratches and chips but which i am ok with. They provide an as is service because they are really cheap if you want your furniture protected better do it yourself prior to their arrival with your own bubble or shrink wrap or boxes. For the undemanding this is as good as it gets. Hope this short review helps!Good one Bro. Very much appreciated, I'm sure by all also :)

euphony
30-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi, thanks for sharing. Good to hear that all of you are coping well. I have a few questions, hope you don't mind.
2. What time do you leave Sin for JB, any jam? Do you know what time the traffic will start to pile up? My observation is it starts from 5 or 5.30pm. Do you have the Ktm train schedule cos some days my eldest will finish school at 7pm. I thought of asking him to take a train across the causeway and I meet him at City Square.

Hi Geri, perhaps whilst waiting for Cathy's answers, you can go to page 243, some of the things are covered briefly, I vaguely remember another forummer also shared about his experience driving his school going kids too. hope the info will be valuable for you.

ginfreely
30-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Such policy has no effect on foreigners but it sure affect the Singaporeans... What if they need to downgrade and they can only afford HDB? Sucks...

That's me lor. :( Yeah, trust this highly talented, multi-millions paid govt to come up with such stupid policy that only allows people to upgrade but not downgrade - people can retain their HDB and buy private property after 5 years of staying in HDB, but people cannot retain private property and buy HDB after 5 years of staying in private property.

arsenal
01-10-2011, 01:13 AM
That's me lor. :( Yeah, trust this highly talented, multi-millions paid govt to come up with such stupid policy that only allows people to upgrade but not downgrade - people can retain their HDB and buy private property after 5 years of staying in HDB, but people cannot retain private property and buy HDB after 5 years of staying in private property.

True.. out of the 1-2 million PRs working in Singapore, since they have CPF that cannot be withdrawn, I don't see any reason why they don't utilise the money to buy some properties like HDBs.. If prices go up, they can sell.. if prices crash, at most they can just forfeit the CPF that they can't withdrawn anyway.. I will be surprised if they don't own any properties in their country.. and it is impossible to check their ownership..

I don't understand why the govt policies are always biased against the locals.. If I want to retire in JB and I have a sum of CPFs that are kept by govt, why can't I use it for HDB? If HDB is really affordable housing for the poors, that is fine.. but HDB is not budget housing.. it is up to the market rate and some HDB are even better built than private..

arsenal
01-10-2011, 01:15 AM
yeah in LF though I am not sure if its a fruit bat or blood bat, i guess if its the later it would've come straight for my blood :p

You need to have a big cross, a hammer and big nail beside your bed... In case bat come for your blood... :)

abugumgum
01-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Heh heh, why not Batman and Robin? :p

I have viewed LF before and my wife told me there are bats there, although I did not see one myself. So she is right.

You need to have a big cross, a hammer and big nail beside your bed... In case bat come for your blood... :)

euphony
01-10-2011, 02:23 AM

:D i thought it looked quite cute!

euphony
01-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Heh heh, why not Batman and Robin? :p

LF no Gotham city la! :D
I wish I had a bat mobile though...

euphony
01-10-2011, 02:55 AM
June-11
The Seed @ Sutera Utama, located on a 19.02 ha land site, comprises 1,230 residential units, ranging from garden suites to penthouses. The garden suites include three-storey Garden and Duplex Suites, as well as six-storey and nine-storey Boutique Suites, with a floor area ranging between 1,240 sq ft and 2,390 sq ft and prices starting from RM558,000 to RM1.2 million.

i passed by during peak hour, the traffic in and around is not for faint hearted with road queues as far as the eye can see. the area as a whole is not bad with plenty of amenities and nice developments under the same brand.

euphony
01-10-2011, 03:02 AM

sigh, its really frustrating that social development and policies seem to be lacking behind even as SG moves forwards in infrastructures with gleaming concrete towers grow up. :(

Aisanbo
01-10-2011, 04:47 AM
June-11

Hmm....they lowered their price since Jun ?
Cos the recent price I got for a 3BR in their 9-storey high floor Boutique Suites (1390sqf) is 52X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

HH Fairways South Tower 3BR low floor unit (1243sqf) is 51X,XXX RM (with little freebies package).

Impiana 2BR mid floor unit (1190sqf) is 54X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

jasonjst
01-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Hmm....they lowered their price since Jun ?
Cos the recent price I got for a 3BR in their 9-storey high floor Boutique Suites (1390sqf) is 52X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

HH Fairways South Tower 3BR low floor unit (1243sqf) is 51X,XXX RM (with little freebies package).

Impiana 2BR mid floor unit (1190sqf) is 54X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

The seed is a very big project , it is quite wise of them to sell at least some units at lower price to kick start that project . Anyway I got a feeling that it will take a long time to sell out those things. Unlike the normal landed custer or terrace , taken out very quickly as it is value for money . Those seed developement are life - style things very sentimental, economic / stocks do well price can go sky high . Economic down and doom , things can get ugly lor .

mika14
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
hi,

anyone knows if S'poreans can rent a car a JB?
any good car rental companies with good reputation to recommend?
i intend to drive up to Sepang to watch the Malaysian Motogp Grand Prix.

thanks!

jasonjst
01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=43287

What kind of shit dama is this , telling the men that earning 4K in SG not enough and ask Singaporeans to emigrate. Losing a job to FTs is because we are imcompetance ?

cobragold
01-10-2011, 01:17 PM

Check out the future MRT route into JB, might not be very correct but if you know the locations of the stations it can help alot.

http://www.dukenostalgia.com/junk/speculativemrt.jpg

geritan
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Geri, perhaps whilst waiting for Cathy's answers, you can go to page 243, some of the things are covered briefly, I vaguely remember another forummer also shared about his experience driving his school going kids too. hope the info will be valuable for you.

Ok, will re-visit that page again. Thanks.

geritan
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Not to worry, according to my son, only fruit bat in Sin and M'sia.

geritan
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Check out the future MRT route into JB, might not be very correct but if you know the locations of the stations it can help alot.

Thanks for the link. Do you know the Austin station mentioned mean Tebrau Jusco area?

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
True.. out of the 1-2 million PRs working in Singapore, since they have CPF that cannot be withdrawn, I don't see any reason why they don't utilise the money to buy some properties like HDBs.. If prices go up, they can sell.. if prices crash, at most they can just forfeit the CPF that they can't withdrawn anyway.. I will be surprised if they don't own any properties in their country.. and it is impossible to check their ownership..

I don't understand why the govt policies are always biased against the locals.. If I want to retire in JB and I have a sum of CPFs that are kept by govt, why can't I use it for HDB? If HDB is really affordable housing for the poors, that is fine.. but HDB is not budget housing.. it is up to the market rate and some HDB are even better built than private..

Hehe i think the PRs see it as risk free investment and so not afraid to bid up the HDB prices, these people have no intention to stay long term, so no need to pay up in full, just need to pay a few years of instalments and then cashed out the profit and scoot off. Singaporeans who need to stay long term will end up paying the price for it.

Yeah lor the govt policies are always biased against the locals...only locals need to follow these policies while foreigners need not, just see how many Malaysia buses/vans/cars/lorries of lousy conditions are allowed entry and driving freely on the Singapore roads, some of them, especially the blue buses give out thick black smoke. Why only Singapore registered vehicles must be kept in tip top condition and check after 5 years if not cannot drive on the roads?

Oh yes luckily you mentioned, yeah not asking for subsidy here (infact i never owned any HDB or got any housing grant before), just the right to buy HDB at market rate and true some HDB are better than private, like Pinnacle at Duxton which I'll be very happy if i can afford to buy resale next time. :) Is that too much for a citizen to ask for?!

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
sigh, its really frustrating that social development and policies seem to be lacking behind even as SG moves forwards in infrastructures with gleaming concrete towers grow up. :(

Indeed Singapore with the gleaming towers are becoming more and more only a place for the rich. People in the middle class and below don't seem to be getting better life but worse off.

euphony
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM

very russian roulette. if tio win big.

euphony
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM

oh! great to know :)

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=43287

What kind of shit dama is this , telling the men that earning 4K in SG not enough and ask Singaporeans to emigrate. Losing a job to FTs is because we are imcompetance ?

Losing a job to FTs is because we are incompetent is really the ultimate injustice Singaporeans suffer. With free market mechanism allowed to run without any effective govt controls, of course a boss will hire the cheapest worker and with more & more FT bosses hiring their own kind, Singaporeans are losing all advantage even though our home ground.

I see with my own eyes this happening in my ex-work place. And there is zero integration between Singaporeans and FTs other than offical work - during lunch, you see PRCs, Indians, Pinoys, Ang mohs lunch with their own kind.

euphony
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
it suddenly struck me about the PNB trying to acquire SP setia in the Johor context. UEM is the master developer for nusajaya and is a subsidiary of Khazanah, a governmental entity. But Setia has a big foothold in the land consisting of the Bukit indah township including the commercial lots and condos + setia business park and ecogardens. It coming under PNB which is another arm of the government which means it's taking up the lion's share of this golden plot. With a 'monopoly' i hope that price fixing does not occur otherwise whatever affordability will quickly erode away hmmm....

arsenal
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
When all the entry level sales, programmers, technicians and engineering jobs going to cheap labours..eventually they will become more competent and arise to more senior and managerial positions.. This will become a competence gap and eventually you will not able to find competent singaporeans will the knowledge and experience..

From what I see, even if singaporeans are willing to take up entry level jobs with low pay, many employers would still prefer foreigners for less baggage, no NS, non family, able to work 24 hours and they are more motivated to work with lower pay..

Thanks to the govt salary pegging to GDP growth.. They make lots of bonus by relentlessly increase GDP..and killing Singaporeans slowly... From the drama.. 4k salary is considered low for Simgaporeans to raise a family in Singapore.. How will the senior civil servants understand this when they are getting millions..

Losing a job to FTs is because we are incompetent is really the ultimate injustice Singaporeans suffer. With free market mechanism allowed to run without any effective govt controls, of course a boss will hire the cheapest worker and with more & more FT bosses hiring their own kind, Singaporeans are losing all advantage even though our home ground.

I see with my own eyes this happening in my ex-work place. And there is zero integration between Singaporeans and FTs other than offical work - during lunch, you see PRCs, Indians, Pinoys, Ang mohs lunch with their own kind.

arsenal
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
That mean aspiring singaporeans need to find another country for retirement? Ha ha.. Maybe need to move further up to kulang, muar.. Or simply become grassroots or PA in order to survive comfortably in Singapore?

it suddenly struck me about the PNB trying to acquire SP setia in the Johor context. UEM is the master developer for nusajaya and is a subsidiary of Khazanah, a governmental entity. But Setia has a big foothold in the land consisting of the Bukit indah township including the commercial lots and condos + setia business park and ecogardens. It coming under PNB which is another arm of the government which means it's taking up the lion's share of this golden plot. With a 'monopoly' i hope that price fixing does not occur otherwise whatever affordability will quickly erode away hmmm....

euphony
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
That mean aspiring singaporeans need to find another country for retirement? Ha ha.. Maybe need to move further up to kulang, muar.. Or simply become grassroots or PA in order to survive comfortably in Singapore?

if already property owners shouldn't be affected and can be good thing for property appreciation. its the late-comers i think who might 'kena'.

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
When all the entry level sales, programmers, technicians and engineering jobs going to cheap labours..eventually they will become more competent and arise to more senior and managerial positions.. This will become a competence gap and eventually you will not able to find competent singaporeans will the knowledge and experience..

From what I see, even if singaporeans are willing to take up entry level jobs with low pay, many employers would still prefer foreigners for less baggage, no NS, non family, able to work 24 hours and they are more motivated to work with lower pay..

Thanks to the govt salary pegging to GDP growth.. They make lots of bonus by relentlessly increase GDP..and killing Singaporeans slowly... From the drama.. 4k salary is considered low for Simgaporeans to raise a family in Singapore.. How will the senior civil servants understand this when they are getting millions..

Yeah lor, more and more FTs will become managers and boss locals around! The younger generation will be the ones most affected.

Govt with their salaries/bonus tied to GDP growth definitely cannot understand the worries and frustrations of ordinary Singaporeans. Our salaries didn't grow in tandem with theirs. Their salaries/bonus should have been tied to how fast the people's salaries/bonus grow and not GDP growth which can be inflated just be bringing more and more people!

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
if already property owners shouldn't be affected and can be good thing for property appreciation. its the late-comers i think who might 'kena'.

I'm not so sure about that. Thought it is no use how much the one property value go up unless one can sell and leave and definitely no need to come back! Of course, got multiple properties is a different story.

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Is PNB and Johor land related entities? Understand the latter is developer for Bandar Dato Onn and they are also govt related.

lastresort
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM

haha that was what i was saying. And prior to this and the acquisition of Sunrise Berhad, there were many similar takeovers. Sime Darby has just recently acquired a significant stake in E&O Group, a Penang based giant (probably the biggest Penang developer), only about a month ago. The government funds also own part of BRDB, UM land, UDA land, Pelangi Berhad, Gamuda, Johor Land, and dozens many others. Setia alone has at least 4 townships underdevelopment in Johor.

They can sure use public fund to their advantage. Acquire cheap swamp land in close tenders, use public fund to build highways to these once deserted cheap plantations and build a new city.

Now UEM's Puteri Habour psf prices are close to KL city centre prices, same level as those condos next to world renowned Petronas Twin Towers. :D Hope it's sustainable, so we can push the prices to new heights, good for everyone.

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
haha that was what i was saying. And prior to this and the acquisition of Sunrise Berhad, there were many similar takeovers. Sime Darby has just recently acquired a significant stake in E&O Group, a Penang based giant (probably the biggest Penang developer), only about a month ago. The government funds also own part of BRDB, UM land, UDA land, Pelangi Berhad, Gamuda, Johor Land, and dozens many others. Setia alone has at least 4 townships underdevelopment in Johor.

They can sure use public fund to their advantage. Acquire cheap swamp land in close tenders, use public fund to build highways to these once deserted cheap plantations and build a new city.

Now UEM's Puteri Habour psf prices are close to KL city centre prices, same level as those condos next to world renowned Petronas Twin Towers. :D Hope it's sustainable, so we can push the prices to new heights, good for everyone.

Not sure about price fixing, but i think govt participation should give more assurance of project completion! Not that there is risk for big developers to begin with, but with govt taking a stake in the project, there should be even lesser risk of project incompletion.

lastresort
01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Not sure about price fixing, but i think govt participation should give more assurance of project completion! Not that there is risk for big developers to begin with, but with govt taking a stake in the project, there should be even lesser risk of project incompletion.

I somehow think these firms would be more efficient if left to run privately. Enough of their songlaps to benefit their cronies. They can just cut corners here and there once the projects are sold out to Singaporeans. One of the reasons why Sunrise Berhad (before UEM acquistion) is so popular in KL, Mount Kiara is because the developer continues to manage the development after it has completed. I've gone KL to see their projects, still well maintained after 20-30 years. People would pay 50% premium for a Sunrise built and managed project. Another Developer YTL corp, which do not need to launch its projects because it allows it's regular customers first priority, before they even launch, the project was over booked many times, so some of its projects are only built exclusively for its members (repeat customers). This is how much they trust their developer.

If they take over the board of directors of the best managed developer "Setia". It might not be as well run as before.

ginfreely
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
I somehow think these firms would be more efficient if left to run privately. Enough of their songlaps to benefit their cronies. They can just cut corners here and there once the projects are sold out to Singaporeans. One of the reasons why Sunrise Berhad (before UEM acquistion) is so popular in KL, Mount Kiara is because the developer continues to manage the development after it has completed. I've gone KL to see their projects, still well maintained after 20-30 years. People would pay 50% premium for a Sunrise built and managed project. Another Developer YTL corp, which do not need to launch its projects because it allows it's regular customers first priority, before they even launch, the project was over booked many times, so some of its projects are only built exclusively for its members (repeat customers). This is how much they trust their developer.

If they take over the board of directors of the best managed developer "Setia". It might not be as well run as before.

Oh you mean sluggish state run firms and Setia might be affected. Hope not leh, JB project developers should progress to learn from their KL industry counterparts (the ones you mentioned Sunrise and YTL who have earned so much market premium for their projects) to improve the quality of JB projects. Afterall price has gone up, quality should improve in tandem! If developers only increase price but show no inclination to improve quality, this is not good for themselves in the long term.

Sanur
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi am new here,

Sort of took 4 days to read thru this forum. My mum has a place in bayou water village, my sis in law has a parcel lot while I have a place at Leisure Farm. Thanks to everyone's contributions as I have benefited lots of info from this forum.

Sanur
02-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi I am new here,

I took 4 days to go thru this forum. My mum has a place in BWV, sis in law has a parcel lot waiting to build while I have a place in LF too. I have benefited greatly from all yr contributions n like to say a big "thank you!"

euphony
02-10-2011, 01:22 AM

It is a bit crazy judging by the difference between the 2 areas! I mean if troika and binjai 8 and the likes near KLCC can garner those prices it is because of the amenities in the vicinity, their design, management and exclusivity. I took a look at imperia its... underwhelming. though i agree the pricing swing upwards would certainty be a good thing for JB properties have been a laggard for a long time.

And Ginfreely, which brings me to my point that if the government monopolizes the area then without competition, standards may fall even as prices rise. That will become a double whammy. like what happened with broadband. We actually pay more than what we do in SG for slower and unreliable connections. I have an M1 mbb and it is cheaper and faster (and unlimited) than my JB one I used to subscribe with a 20G data cap. Knowing how interconnected are the various arms with 'preferred' companies etc... Unless, there is a vigilant management in these property developers. Which is why a lot of people are hoping the current crop of high flyers in setia to not leave upon merger. Having said that UEM has done well with East Ledang. I hope that is the legacy they will use as a model.

Sanur
02-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Hi am new to this

Managed to read thru this forum in 4 days. My mum has a unit in BWV, sis in law has a plot waiting to build while I too hv a place at LF. I have learnt a Lot from this forum and thank u all for the contributions.

Aisanbo
02-10-2011, 02:40 AM
From the most naive perspective, it would be that the MY government simply making an investment into a good company. There are lots of Temasek companies in SG too....doesn't mean sg is going backwards just becos of that.

I do think they can somewhat monopolize the price in Johor but ultimately someone must be willing to buy. No demand the price must come down. No way any developer can in the long term deliver poor quality products and charge a premium.

From my simplistic point of view, they want to buy into Setia becos they see lots of profits in that company = many projects = many subcontract opportunities = many lobang for the people who has a say in awarding the sub-out contracts.
If the buy-out happens, let's see if the existing Chinese CEO is allowed to run the show. If Kenna kicked out, then people may worry about values of their SP Setia home.

idwish
02-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Is it true that it is more expensive to buy a resale unit? What are the disadvantages buy new vs resale? Thanks

Hi guys,

Thank you.

lastresort
02-10-2011, 04:27 AM
From the most naive perspective, it would be that the MY government simply making an investment into a good company. There are lots of Temasek companies in SG too....doesn't mean sg is going backwards just becos of that.

I do think they can somewhat monopolize the price in Johor but ultimately someone must be willing to buy. No demand the price must come down. No way any developer can in the long term deliver poor quality products and charge a premium.

From my simplistic point of view, they want to buy into Setia becos they see lots of profits in that company = many projects = many subcontract opportunities = many lobang for the people who has a say in awarding the sub-out contracts.
If the buy-out happens, let's see if the existing Chinese CEO is allowed to run the show. If Kenna kicked out, then people may worry about values of their SP Setia home.

yup, however if a GLC's aim (just as a private firm would) is to maximise profits whenever possible, it can be at the expense of local home buyers? (esp the local people who are earning ringgit). Not that I care so much for them, but will it lead to more social problems, esp targeting foreigners?

On a side note.

For home prices to be sustainable, the investments coming in should create more high value jobs for the locals such that the increase in income level is in tandem with the increase in home prices, that way property prices would be more sustainable. The economy should not be too dependent on Singapore to create jobs for the PRs or rely on Singapore's spillover effect to bring sales to their local supporting companies.

I hope the government will invest more in productivity for the betterment and long term growth of the economy. Building an Educity (expand the pool of talents) is good and other infrastructures like highway, good reliable banking system, public transport system, healthcare, internet & telecommunications will help to attract more investors to set up businesses here. :)

Maybe next time when Singapore is filled with FTs, we will be looking for jobs in JB when the economic gap closes up. :p Then the JB locals would start to complain like what we are doing in SG. :p

Earning RM living in SG spending SGD. :eek:

lastresort
02-10-2011, 04:48 AM
It is a bit crazy judging by the difference between the 2 areas! I mean if troika and binjai 8 and the likes near KLCC can garner those prices it is because of the amenities in the vicinity, their design, management and exclusivity. I took a look at imperia its... underwhelming. though i agree the pricing swing upwards would certainty be a good thing for JB properties have been a laggard for a long time.

Bro, you know resale prices in the KLCC vicinity can vary a lot, Imperia price is closer to Parkview (900 psf range) (3-5 mins walk to Petronas Twin Towers, according to my strolling speed). Troika and Binjai 8 are way over the top, could be 2-3 times higher. :D

The last time I checked, Imperia units for mid floor are already selling around 800 psf, some more they were selling fast. The UEM sales lady told me it was still affordable because it is cheap compared to Singapore prices, and for the same price, investors would still prefer Imperia than KLCC units because the roads at KLCC is congested. :confused:

However, I do hope JB prices (not just imperia) would catch up with their KL counterparts soon. :)

euphony
02-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi am new to this

Managed to read thru this forum in 4 days. My mum has a unit in BWV, sis in law has a plot waiting to build while I too hv a place at LF. I have learnt a Lot from this forum and thank u all for the contributions.

you must have been reading day and night to finish the hundreds of pages! from one LFer to the other, welcome :)

euphony
02-10-2011, 05:21 AM
I hope the government will invest more in productivity for the betterment and long term growth of the economy. Building an Educity (expand the pool of talents) is good and other infrastructures like highway, good reliable banking system, public transport system, healthcare, internet & telecommunications will help to attract more investors to set up businesses here. :)

Maybe next time when Singapore is filled with FTs, we will be looking for jobs in JB when the economic gap closes up. :p Then the JB locals would start to complain like what we are doing in SG. :p

My wishlist is another 'tmn molek' in bukit indah or medini where the international banks aggregate. haha lastresort, when that happens, imagine the peak traffic going into SG everyday at 5-6pm 10s of thousands of SG bikes. its' unthinkable! :D

euphony
02-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Bro, you know resale prices in the KLCC vicinity can vary a lot, Imperia price is closer to Parkview (900 psf range) (3-5 mins walk to Petronas Twin Towers, according to my strolling speed). Troika and Binjai 8 are way over the top, could be 2-3 times higher. :D

The last time I checked, Imperia units for mid floor are already selling around 800 psf, some more they were selling fast. The UEM sales lady told me it was still affordable because it is cheap compared to Singapore prices, and for the same price, investors would still prefer Imperia than KLCC units because the roads at KLCC is congested. :confused:

However, I do hope JB prices (not just imperia) would catch up with their KL counterparts soon. :)

you actually made a good point that JB should churn out a sustainable economy to have its citizens afford the housing rather than always benching-marking against SG and waiting for the spillover. This is especially true if SG curbs overseas property investments or similar policies and the incoming bookings run dry. The property and banking agents whom I had the opportunity to speak to all say its a big gap at this moment and there is no way locals could afford that kind of housing and they sell the houses/loans with much envy. On average even RM300k properties are sufficiently cut throat.

Sanur
02-10-2011, 06:05 AM

Hi, guess the bats r harmless, I have bats flying into my Singapore house n bang into my glass door, ( as blind as a bat). Monkeys stealing my bread, spit saliva into the empty vitagen bottle. Shake it n drink. That shows we r so close to nature.

Sanur
02-10-2011, 07:04 AM
you must have been reading day and night to finish the hundreds of pages! from one LFer to the other, welcome :)

Indeed. My child is having PSLE yet I did nothing to help . Hub said I am mad! If I would have come across this much earlier, probably I might have gotten a place at HH. the people there seems to b very active. Hahq

tansi
02-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Is it true that it is more expensive to buy a resale unit? What are the disadvantages buy new vs resale? Thanks
The disadvantage is uncertainty. It takes time to expose defects in any new building. Go thru at least one year-end monsoon season to see water-related defects. Somehow defects are more likely to expose near or pass the end of warranty period.
Resale? U got neighbors to advise you what was, is and will happen. Be patient and friendly and less likely you would be stuck with something regrettable.

tansi
02-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Another concern about newly built in a booming time is does the number of skilled labor, especially experienced foremen, boom in proportion to the number of new constructions?

kaeel
02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi,

Actually it depends. The property market in Nusa Jaya is booming by the year. As for this house, I am sorry to inform that I've given it to my agent to help me sell. Apparently, he has informed me that many are interested in it and are offering higher prices. So I'll just settle for something that's reasonable.

Tks and sry for inconvenience.

cleyeo
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi,

Actually it depends. The property market in Nusa Jaya is booming by the year. As for this house, I am sorry to inform that I've given it to my agent to help me sell. Apparently, he has informed me that many are interested in it and are offering higher prices. So I'll just settle for something that's reasonable.

Tks and sry for inconvenience.

Hi Kaeel.

Are you sure that are many interested in it ?. no offense, have you seen any of his buyers ?.
I myself a property agent in Singapore. Normally, this is what agent do when he/she needs the owner gives him/her the right to sell. I believe in JB, it is very common not to give exclusive right, it is normally open to any prop agent to market your house. you need to decide.

There is always good and bad having an exclusive or not exclusive. Please study your homework well.

just a 2-cent input from me.

good luck.

ginfreely
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Even if Singapore is filled with FTs, and the Malaysia salary is no issue, there is little chance for us to be looking for jobs in Malaysia. You will be surprised they are very protective of local workers! Last time my ex-company need to explain and justify alot why dont hire local even for a relatively high country director position in KL. They won't just issue employment pass so easily like in SG. This is something that Singapore govt should learn from Malaysia govt!

ginfreely
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Kaeel.

Are you sure that are many interested in it ?. no offense, have you seen any of his buyers ?.
I myself a property agent in Singapore. Normally, this is what agent do when he/she needs the owner gives him/her the right to sell. I believe in JB, it is very common not to give exclusive right, it is normally open to any prop agent to market your house. you need to decide.

There is always good and bad having an exclusive or not exclusive. Please study your homework well.

just a 2-cent input from me.

good luck.

Based on my SG experience, non-exclusive is better. The agent who gets the best selling price gets the deal!

toyohon
03-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Had come across agents who are greedy enough to turn down offers just so they can get more commission. For eg, owner will set a price to sell and let the agents mark up. So these agents will hold up the process to get more, not at all to the seller's interest.

cleyeo
03-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Had come across agents who are greedy enough to turn down offers just so they can get more commission. For eg, owner will set a price to sell and let the agents mark up. So these agents will hold up the process to get more, not at all to the seller's interest.

this is very common bro. It is proffesionalism that count. That is why the CEA implemented rules now and I am glad to have such rules implemented. In future, more rules to come I believe. This is to wipe out the bad apple.

nusajayaphile
03-10-2011, 03:11 AM
this is very common bro. It is proffesionalism that count. That is why the CEA implemented rules now and I am glad to have such rules implemented. In future, more rules to come I believe. This is to wipe out the bad apple.

Went to the Horizon Hills Sales Gallery last Saturday. To my surprise the intermediate link terrace houses in PH 2C1 are now selling for a minimum price of RM800K. Went up by RM 50K in less than 4 months, and the new launch of Ph2C2 intermediate link terraces are also priced at RM800K upwards.

At this rate, I suspect that when they lauch the new precincts like Waterfall Precinct at Horizon Hills, the minimum price for link terraces will be RM1 million, which will set a new benchmark.

toyohon
03-10-2011, 03:17 AM

Agreed, but professionalism is still a looong way to go, especially in JB.

Investor
03-10-2011, 03:20 AM
The Straits Times http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_719311.html
Malaysia, Singapore 'can prosper together': Malaysian DPM
Malaysian Deputy PM says both can tap on Asia's economic boom
Published on Oct 3, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin on Sunday said that his country seeks to cooperate and prosper together with Singapore, so as to tap on Asia's economic boom.

This task requires highly skilled public servants, he added, which both countries can share expertise on developing.

'If we help our neighbours to prosper, we will prosper along with them,' he said.

He also called on Malaysia and Singapore to continue building on their 'special relationship', by 'seeking common ground and putting aside differences'.... .... .....

Investor
03-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Went to the Horizon Hills Sales Gallery last Saturday. To my surprise the intermediate link terrace houses in PH 2C1 are now selling for a minimum price of RM800K. Went up by RM 50K in less than 4 months, and the new launch of Ph2C2 intermediate link terraces are also priced at RM800K upwards.

At this rate, I suspect that when they lauch the new precincts like Waterfall Precinct at Horizon Hills, the minimum price for link terraces will be RM1 million, which will set a new benchmark.

Hi Nusajayaphile, Lastresort and all forumers,

Does anyone know the built-up and land area of those terraces in The Hills?

checkers
03-10-2011, 03:35 AM
how about the HH clusters?

lastresort
03-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Hi Nusajayaphile, Lastresort and all forumers,

Does anyone know the built-up and land area of those terraces in The Hills?

If I am not wrong, built up in The Hills start from 3000 sf and above, minimum land area is 26 x 80 some are slightly bigger. New phrase now selling around 820 K and above.

lastresort
03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
how about the HH clusters?

If I am not wrong, clusters will be launched at end of year, probably from 900k to 1 million and above.. These clusters are bigger than the ones at The Golf, The Gateway.

In addition, some Superlinks with extra land have already reached the 1 million ringgit mark. I heard one selling at 1.17 million.

checkers
03-10-2011, 03:56 AM
I just called up HH office and the latest info (if it is right) is hills clusters (2 storey) going for 1.2 million with extra land.

The sales lady by the name of Shinyi is rather impatient :(

And the SDs for the golf preccint are still around - not sold out yet - the golf-facing ones still available :)

lastresort
03-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I just called up HH office and the latest info (if it is right) is hills clusters (2 storey) going for 1.2 million with extra land.

And the SDs for the golf preccint are still around - not sold out yet - the golf-facing ones still available :)

The sales execs are very busy nowadays.. I didnt know they launched clusters already...

checkers
03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
The sales execs are very busy nowadays.. I didnt know they launched clusters already...

Thought they were already selling them in July ... and then one sales guy actually told me the SDs are going fast ... but still available leh.. must be the price lah..

cathylmg
03-10-2011, 04:58 AM
....1. What time do you reach JB CIQ and what time do you reach Sin side?

Usually before 6am. Sometime earlier sometime later. Takes about 20+ minutes to reach there. Don't have any problem with this part of the journey.

Traffic starts to pile up at about 6am. Earlier on Monday and perhaps Friday because of big lorries. The rest of the days are ok to me.

Depends on when hubby knock off his work and my son have tuition on Tuesday. Starts our journey home at 9pm. Usually the Singapore custom right lane has open up so very fast. Takes about 1 hour if no jam. We take the Woodland custom.

I don't have a schedule with me but you can google it. I remember seeing it. Where are you residing? Don't know if the Kempas train station if still working. If you are staying in Setia Tropika, can consider this option.

My son have his tuition in Singapore. Can't manage to find one in such as short time.

No sweat. Hope I have helped answer your queries.;)

cathylmg
03-10-2011, 05:02 AM

I had a neighbour who gave me hell. I wanted to move but couldn't because of the stupid foreign property policy. No choice lah!

Investor
03-10-2011, 05:12 AM
I had a neighbour who gave me hell. I wanted to move but couldn't because of the stupid foreign property policy. No choice lah!

So you got your JB unit after your HDB's minimum occupation period?

cathylmg
03-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Cathy, I salute you for being so systematic with tenacity. Very good role model for your kids and other board users too!

Thanks euphony. Actually, after having live there for almost 4 months, my kids told me that they prefer it in JB. Very peaceful, as what my daughter put it. No stress, no neighbour from hell:*:, no hurry to go anywhere. Unlike in Singapore, due to expectations from relatives, friends, commitments, we are constantly on the go. Even for weekends. :)

checkers
03-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Usually before 6am. Sometime earlier sometime later. Takes about 20+ minutes to reach there. Don't have any problem with this part of the journey.

Traffic starts to pile up at about 6am. Earlier on Monday and perhaps Friday because of big lorries. The rest of the days are ok to me.

Depends on when hubby knock off his work and my son have tuition on Tuesday. Starts our journey home at 9pm. Usually the Singapore custom right lane has open up so very fast. Takes about 1 hour if no jam. We take the Woodland custom.

I don't have a schedule with me but you can google it. I remember seeing it. Where are you residing? Don't know if the Kempas train station if still working. If you are staying in Setia Tropika, can consider this option.

My son have his tuition in Singapore. Can't manage to find one in such as short time.

Wow...u r one brave woman...does that mean u and family reached ST at about 10 pm and have to leave in the morning at about 5 plus to six? Quite little time spent in ST house ...

lastresort
03-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Thought they were already selling them in July ... and then one sales guy actually told me the SDs are going fast ... but still available leh.. must be the price lah..

yeah, maybe i remembered wrongly or there are also more new launches coming up. =)

darrkie.y
03-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi Bros & Sis,

Anyone heard about LA. Gardens located at Austin? It's Just behind JP Perdana and Setia Indah .. Near Setia Eco Cascadia..

Details http://thissit.com/Properties-Double-Storey-Terrace-AK3-AK4-Property-232.aspx .

Pls comment...

cathylmg
03-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Wow...u r one brave woman...does that mean u and family reached ST at about 10 pm and have to leave in the morning at about 5 plus to six? Quite little time spent in ST house ...

Only on Tuesday when my son have tuition lah. ;)

cathylmg
03-10-2011, 05:49 AM
So you got your JB unit after your HDB's minimum occupation period?

Minimum occupation period already passed long ago. :D

checkers
03-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Only on Tuesday when my son have tuition lah. ;)

oic...glad everything turns out well for you :)

euphony
03-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks euphony. Actually, after having live there for almost 4 months, my kids told me that they prefer it in JB. Very peaceful, as what my daughter put it. No stress, no neighbour from hell:*:, no hurry to go anywhere. Unlike in Singapore, due to expectations from relatives, friends, commitments, we are constantly on the go. Even for weekends. :)

i strongly believe this is very good for the mind. Stress on the other hand, nothing good can come of it especially in a pressure cooker society in sg, a rich soil for psychotic breaks. people explode over the smallest issues these days.

crystal_tiong
03-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Most locals wouldnt pay RM 400k for a terrace in JB. Therefore, if u buy a terrace in HH at RM 1 million, be prepared to sell to foreigners but many foreigners can buy a semi-d at East Ledang or HH at RM 1.2 million.. all move in condition. Who would buy a bare terrace for 1 million?

To forummers, before you buy any properties in Malaysia, better think over carefully. AFter the stupid housing policy and restriction by the Spore government, sales in HH have indeed slowed down considerably. During the boom time early this year, newly-launched golf facing semis are selling on average 1 unit surely every day.. Now the newly launched are probably selling at 1 per week or 1 per month. Very very slow .. its due to the highly priced launches.

I hope JB house dun rise price so fast like SG , else i cant buy liao ...
tml gg to HH and have a look .....actually i hope to get a cluster house abt 500k , any suggestions ? coz me alone paying for the loan , dun wan to get so expensive house.
Last sat i went to HDB and ask them whether i can apply new BTO with my mum (she going to remove her name from my sis's house) so i pretend to ask how SG can find out we have overseas properties ? he say sure can find out , scare me .... he mentioned that i can only buy overseas properties after 8 yrs (inclusive of 3 yrs BTO & 5 yrs MOP) by then JB house would be super ex liao ....

thanks

checkers
03-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Most locals wouldnt pay RM 400k for a terrace in JB. Therefore, if u buy a terrace in HH at RM 1 million, be prepared to sell to foreigners but many foreigners can buy a semi-d at East Ledang or HH at RM 1.2 million.. all move in condition. Who would buy a bare terrace for 1 million?

To forummers, before you buy any properties in Malaysia, better think over carefully. AFter the stupid housing policy and restriction by the Spore government, sales in HH have indeed slowed down considerably. During the boom time early this year, newly-launched golf facing semis are selling on average 1 unit surely every day.. Now the newly launched are probably selling at 1 per week or 1 per month. Very very slow .. its due to the highly priced launches.

HH house - move in condition? got meh? Thought only LF house are in move in condition only ??

checkers
03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
There are many Gateway houses, The Gold Houses, East Ledang houses which are move-in conditions, except that you dont see 100% occupancy as many either use that as an investment to park their money or the unit is occupied only during weekends.

Really? Wow ...Gold houses ? Wonder what kind of houses are those?

euphony
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Really? Wow ...Gold houses ? Wonder what kind of houses are those?

:D I think HH meant golf houses not gold.

checkers
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Sorry my mistake. I meant Golf.. if the HH houses are made of Gold, I would be a billionaire now.

haha...right ! i don't understand the move in condition thingy ...these houses are not sold by developer...right?

ginfreely
03-10-2011, 10:18 AM

You mean the exclusive or non-exclusive agents turning down offers just so to get more commission? I see the non-exclusive agents all very keen to close deals even if the price does not match, it is up to the seller to be firmed with the asking price. To the agents who get 1% of the sales price, the difference in selling price does not mean much difference in commission for them.

There are agents who'll hold back offers in order to earn the full commission instead of co-broke and share the commission, so if use exclusive agents, must make sure the agent will accept co-broke.

ginfreely
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Yeah lor, you're stucked with the SG property unless you're prepared to sell off Setia Tropika within 6 months of buying another HDB and then stay in it for another 5 years before buying Setia Tropika and move there again again. Who'll do this kind of thing? Really stupid policy indeed! They think for people like us who not property speculators, buy property is like buy vegetables, so easy?!

Only smart SG govt come up with such policy, I see China govt implement better policies like requiring foreign buyers to need to have worked and stayed there for certain no. of years and contributed income tax for certain years etc before allowed to buy. Malaysia RM500k control is also better targeted at foreigners instead of blanket control that does not differentiate locals and foreigners.

Aisanbo
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
If buy new, developer usually absorb legal fee, stamp fees, loan fees, and sometimes throw in free Reno/furniture especially for condo. I dunno how much all these cost but let's say about $20-50k. Yes, developer probably just mark up their selling price which is advantageous to buyer because we can take loan for it rather than paying upfront cash. Also, developer does most of the admin work for us...assuming you buy from a reputable developer. I know at least one
developer providing interest absorption scheme where you start to pay loan only upon completion.

For resale, I think it should be ok too if the price is right and you have a trusted agent & lawyer.
Good thing is that you get what you see.

Above is my own perception and belief only as I have not even signed one SPA. Only started to look around and do background research last few months.

Sanur
03-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi all proud house owners,

Any pics of yr house?

Aisanbo
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Rehda hopes no changes to housing sector laws
Written by Sharon Tan
Monday, 03 October 2011 12:57
The Edge Financial Daily

"Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association Malaysia (Rehda) hopes the government will not make changes to the current laws regulating the housing industry in the upcoming budget.

“There are rumours of raising the real property gains tax (RPGT), reviewing stamp duty and using net salary as a gauge of affordability for housing loans. These are not good signals and not giving confidence to the buyers market,” Rehda president Datuk Seri Michael Yam told The Edge Financial Daily."

Full Article link
http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/highlights/193903-rehda-hopes-no-changes-to-housing-sector-laws.html

We shall have the answer on Oct 7 - Malaysia Budget 2012.

mallow
03-10-2011, 04:11 PM
THE IMPIANA'S LAUNCH IS SUNDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER ... tentative name was The Crescent
Saw the three show flats yesterday ... certainly worth a visit - can you believe they already have 15 cheques for a full 10% down already? Both Malaysian and Singaporean purchasers.
The sales manager told me that the studio apt about 600 sq ft is abt RM300,000 so only for sale to Malaysians, since the lower limit is RM$500,000 for foreigners. The cost for 2/3/4 room apartments is from RM$470 - 490 per square foot. Penthouses are about RM890 per square foot! Sales Packages will include :-
1) Free legal fees on S&P
2) Air-Cons to all rooms (all bedrooms, living and dining xcept bathroom and maid's room)
3) plaster celing fitted with downlights
4) Shower screen in all bathroom except maid's bathroom
5) Built-in wardrobe in master room only
6) Engineered timber flooring in all bedrooms

Important point: only two blocks are being released. After these are sold out, the next release is 10% higher. The three show flats [studio, 2 & 3 rooms] are ready for viewing - modern and sparkling. This being Malaysia, going before the 25th is possible,and no one will swear at you for being in a rush if you are simply polite.
When the highway is ready before the end of the year [already looking tantalisingly ready!] it will be 7 minutes to JB town and No Tolls!

Living in JB fans, I am trying to ascertain whether anyone used this info and actually went to check out the Impiana.
Please let me know if you did ... personal favour ... as I would like the Nusajaya people to know this post and my weblog at puterim.com is actually read and sometimes followed.
Grateful if you could please send me a PM x

HH_lover
03-10-2011, 04:47 PM

They have been selling the clusters since July. But they will only launch it in December. So, in my instance, I placed deposit in July and will only sign in December.

Cheers!

jasonjst
04-10-2011, 01:50 AM
If buy new, developer usually absorb legal fee, stamp fees, loan fees, and sometimes throw in free Reno/furniture especially for condo. I dunno how much all these cost but let's say about $20-50k. Yes, developer probably just mark up their selling price which is advantageous to buyer because we can take loan for it rather than paying upfront cash. Also, developer does most of the admin work for us...assuming you buy from a reputable developer. I know at least one
developer providing interest absorption scheme where you start to pay loan only upon completion.

For resale, I think it should be ok too if the price is right and you have a trusted agent & lawyer.
Good thing is that you get what you see.

Above is my own perception and belief only as I have not even signed one SPA. Only started to look around and do background research last few months.

To add on to what you say . Some owner actually spend a bomb to reno their home , some as high as 150K . Some resale may have a better location that you cant get in newly development .

jasonjst
04-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I hope JB house dun rise price so fast like SG , else i cant buy liao ...
tml gg to HH and have a look .....actually i hope to get a cluster house abt 500k , any suggestions ? coz me alone paying for the loan , dun wan to get so expensive house.
Last sat i went to HDB and ask them whether i can apply new BTO with my mum (she going to remove her name from my sis's house) so i pretend to ask how SG can find out we have overseas properties ? he say sure can find out , scare me .... he mentioned that i can only buy overseas properties after 8 yrs (inclusive of 3 yrs BTO & 5 yrs MOP) by then JB house would be super ex liao ....

thanks

Can buy JB houses under your mum name ? Many years down the road then transfer to your name lah .

u2@singsupplies
04-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Hi anyone knows what is the sales response of Imperia condo at Puteri Harbour.

vincentck
04-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi Vincent, there are unfortunately some folks who bought more than 5 properties and have no intention or inclination to rent them out. Some are waiting to move in, yet some owners are overseas so not planning to move in yet.

These are mainly clusters that are 2.5, some 2 storey clusters and some terraces. It definitely looks like you are buying subsale.

They are just sitting there now waiting for the appreciation. 460k is expensive, you are better off getting anything near 2/3 where its slightly bigger
(if available.)

Those with 4/2, 4/3 are the smallest units in HH.
Hi bro wuqi, thanks for your reply. I haven't had time to login since then to reply. But I've been reading the forum on my mrt rides to & fro work.

The time has come for my wife and I to move to Nusajaya; our hdb lease ends on 30th Nov. We'll start looking at iproperty.com.my for available units to rent, but just wanted to ask if anybody here has/knows any available house to rent for RM2k-2.5k, either in HH or NI, empty (no furniture) or partially furnished. Minimum must have lights, fans, aircond and water-heater.

Thanks.

geritan
04-10-2011, 07:39 AM

so should we hold our purchase of setia houses? saw their new project at setia indah, thought of getting one for investment purpose.

geritan
04-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply. We will be staying at Austin area. Just try to find out other option when daddy finish work early, he may want to go home first. Then son got to find his way to cross the causeway. After that just pick him up at Johor side. Wow, so the time you spend in Sg is very long.

cathylmg
04-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks a lot for the reply. We will be staying at Austin area. Just try to find out other option when daddy finish work early, he may want to go home first. Then son got to find his way to cross the causeway. After that just pick him up at Johor side. Wow, so the time you spend in Sg is very long.

If I stay in Singapore, I couch my kids on their homeworks and assessments all afternoon. When I live in JB, the difference is I couch my kids all afternoon in the library. Like now, I am making dd go through her notes as I am typing this. :P

I go the the gym in the morning on Mon, Wed, Friday and spent about 2 hours there. Others days I have my Meridian massage dance to occupy me as well as run errands. Sat, Sun and school holidays will be at JB.

You will think that I will be bored to death in Singapore all day. In actual fact I'm very occupied. Its again, just a matter of planning. :)

geritan
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
If I stay in Singapore, I couch my kids on their homeworks and assessments all afternoon. When I live in JB, the difference is I couch my kids all afternoon in the library. Like now, I am making dd go through her notes as I am typing this. :P

I go the the gym in the morning on Mon, Wed, Friday and spent about 2 hours there. Others days I have my Meridian massage dance to occupy me as well as run errands. Sat, Sun and school holidays will be at JB.

You will think that I will be bored to death in Singapore all day. In actual fact I'm very occupied. Its again, just a matter of planning. :)

ya, thought you will be bored while waiting for your kids but you definitely got good ways of killing the time.

arsenal
04-10-2011, 12:54 PM
M'sia, S'pore to put out tender for JB-Singapore rapid transit system

Published on Oct 4, 2011

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

By Lester Kong, Malaysia Correspondent
PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - Malaysia and Singapore are seeking a consultant to undertake an engineering study for a rapid transit system linking Johor Baru and Singapore, Singapore's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said here on Tuesday.

'Both countries will put out a tender at the same time so companies in Malaysia and Singapore can respond. The joint (Malaysian-Singapore) team will evaluate and pick one company,' Mr Lui told reporters after meeting his Malaysian counterpart Kong Cho Ha.

The minister, who was making a one-day introductory visit to Malaysia, said the rapid transit project was 'on time and on track'.

The rapid transit link is expected to run from a station near JB Sentral on the Johor side to one near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands.

arsenal
04-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Wish Singapore Malaysia border to open wider..... So govt can have more malaysia workers to work in Singapore and we can travel up and down JB with less traffic jam caused by Singapore custom..

M'sia, S'pore to put out tender for JB-Singapore rapid transit system

Published on Oct 4, 2011

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

By Lester Kong, Malaysia Correspondent
PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - Malaysia and Singapore are seeking a consultant to undertake an engineering study for a rapid transit system linking Johor Baru and Singapore, Singapore's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said here on Tuesday.

'Both countries will put out a tender at the same time so companies in Malaysia and Singapore can respond. The joint (Malaysian-Singapore) team will evaluate and pick one company,' Mr Lui told reporters after meeting his Malaysian counterpart Kong Cho Ha.

The minister, who was making a one-day introductory visit to Malaysia, said the rapid transit project was 'on time and on track'.

The rapid transit link is expected to run from a station near JB Sentral on the Johor side to one near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands.

crystal_tiong
04-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Can buy JB houses under your mum name ? Many years down the road then transfer to your name lah .
My mum no income leh. How to apply loan?
Anyway I went to hh n nusa idaman show house today.
Nusa is within my budget. So I might get it.

arsenal
04-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Ha.. One day when you become a stay home mum, you will also find yourself with lowest priority as compared with a working mum..

crystal_tiong
04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Ha.. One day when you become a stay home mum, you will also find yourself with lowest priority as compared with a working mum..

Hahaha. U r right ! E more I think about govt restrict us to buy properties the more I angry!!! Just restrict those PRs la, they are e ones jerked up prices in our pigeon hole. Else I won't hv to buy in jb.

At least Maia govt take gd care of their ppl lor.

ginfreely
04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Hahaha. U r right ! E more I think about govt restrict us to buy properties the more I angry!!! Just restrict those PRs la, they are e ones jerked up prices in our pigeon hole. Else I won't hv to buy in jb.

At least Maia govt take gd care of their ppl lor.

You will be even more angry to know while locals are restricted to buy, PRs are still allowed to rent out their HDB flat for income while they retire to their home country. They are making good income as HDB has very high rental yields.

ginfreely
04-10-2011, 03:26 PM

So you buying BTO and Malaysia house at the same time? If can buy BTO, should buy BTO first and not waste the entitlement, most singles have no such opportunity to buy BTO, only can buy resale at age 35.

Lord Aragorn
04-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey guys, I visited many new projects in Iskandar Malaysia. I find the best one to be The Straits View (http://www.straitsview.com.my) Residences. They have just launched their phase 4 for booking about a week ago. Prices are about the same as Senibong Cove and Horizon Hills but it is way more exclusive and facilities are much better. What do you think of the project? This new website also gives the most information about the project: The Straits View Residences (http://www.straitsview.com.my)

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 12:56 AM
So you buying BTO and Malaysia house at the same time? If can buy BTO, should buy BTO first and not waste the entitlement, most singles have no such opportunity to buy BTO, only can buy resale at age 35.

I need quality life , so i think i will buy jb house ....
in sg , u are just leasing the house but paying so much!!!

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey guys, I visited many new projects in Iskandar Malaysia. I find the best one to be The Straits View (http://www.straitsview.com.my) Residences. They have just launched their phase 4 for booking about a week ago. Prices are about the same as Senibong Cove and Horizon Hills but it is way more exclusive and facilities are much better. What do you think of the project? This new website also gives the most information about the project: The Straits View Residences (http://www.straitsview.com.my)

okay , my friend currently is staying at the old straitsview , the security is tight over there but i dun like the crowd around the surroundings.
The bridge back to JB/SG is quite jam during peak hours.

checkers
05-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks horizonhills for your frank sharings...seeing living in jb from another angle...very true :)

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Hi Horizonhills

Thanks for sharing with us on your views.
I tried once returning via woodlands custom after pumping petrol at 630am , agreed that the jam was horrible , i was stucked for 2 hr!
As i still have a bedroom in my sis house , if i cant tahan the 2nd link jam , i will stay in SG , Mon-Thur and Fri-Sun at jb house.
Thats my last resort.

I am not familiar with 2nd link so I will try it when my house is ready 2 yrs time.

jasonjst
05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Best is to have both lah , jb for quality life . SG to compete against the FTs must not lost out to them mah .

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Best is to have both lah , jb for quality life . SG to compete against the FTs must not lost out to them mah .

hi again

of coz i wan to have both worlds but sg policy makes me made a choice ...
somemore me 1 income leh , have to pay for car loans etc ......earn SG money and utlise in jb to maximise my dollars ma ....

arsenal
05-10-2011, 02:04 AM
I guess your transport bill can cut at least 50% if you travel by causeway..

Allowing me to input my personal views here. If life is really so good and easy in JB, 5 million Sporeans would already be staying in JB. If you think of using the customs daily, never even think of using Woodlands customs. There are instances whereby I leave my house at 6am and reach office 9am, esp during rainy days. The traffic is horrible and I dont think one would want to subject yourself to these perennial stress and struck in traffic jams for 4-6 hours daily. Once a week is fine but if u are struck in jams EVERY day, its really bad for your health. We are not talking about CTE jams, which is really nothing compared to those at Customs whereby cars simply cut u off anytime without any signals.. And u get the risk of dents on your cars. What for?

I decided to use 2nd link but still, ever since they reduced the toll charges, the traffic has increased and is EVER increasing. The traffic now at 2nd link is like the Woodlands traffic in the 1990s where jams are very rare except during weekends but for how long? It will surely become another Woodlands checkpoint because every other day, new house owners are moving into Gelang Patah, Taman Scientex, Sri Orchid, Nusantanra, Perinitis towns, Skudai, Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Leisure Farms, East Ledang and Ledang Heights etc.. not forgetting the condos that will ultimately commands the skylines.

Currently the jam is "acceptable" even though sometimes it takes 5-10 times for 1-2 cars in front to clear at Tuas.

In the months of Nov and Dec, one has to observe and prepare the jams because of the school holidays. Last time around Dec time, there were many postings regarding the horrible jams at Tuas throughout the months of Dec. I remembered kena strucked in the Tuas Checkpoint when I was returning to JB for about 2 hours daily during that period.

Ask yourself, if you can accept this current jams or the eventual jams that will surely materalise in the coming 5 years.. if u can, then you can move into Nusajaya. For me I have tried daily and I think I can't accept, as it is taking a significant toll on my mental beings. I had to plan, organise daily and when I am driving towards the Tuas and Malaysian checkpoint, it has come to a point where my heart beats faster because I am wondering if the jams will be there.

After sometimes, I moved back to Spore and found that I saved quite a bit ( around S$1000 ) on tolls and petrol.. The journey to and fro Nusajaya and spore office alone is about S$1000 a month with tolls, which is absolutely extra expenses for me. Yes. I get to stay in a larger house with fresher air but the jams daily simply turned me off. Now I only return to JB once a week, sometimes to collect rent, pump petrol etc and I find that life is much easier and I got so much more time on my side. No more horrific jams at the customs :) and I being to appreciate the simple PIE and CTE jams and the journey from Tampines to Jurong seem to much shorter than before.. as I dont have to drive 120 km to and from my Malaysian house and Spore office daily.

jasonjst
05-10-2011, 02:08 AM

Possible , check with your developer . Buy under her name , you do the financing without your name in the SPA . You can then apply BTO with you name.

arsenal
05-10-2011, 02:28 AM

Ha,

There are some sure wins in Singapore..

1: Govt. When they give something to locals, they sure get many times back in return -- sure win

2: Foreigners who are working in Singapore and given PRs, can buy house with their CPF and kept their house in their country when our govt can never check.. -- sure win. (nothing against PRs.. just not happy with govt policy)

3: Govt bring in FTs, give them PR, lower down cost of employment, maximize their profits, still have more CPFs.. -- sure win

4: Pensions, GRP bonus, Specical bonus by ministers... sure win..

There are some sure loses..

1: Govt investment overseas -- sure lose... never win..
2: Singaporeans.. everything under the sun are charged at market rate and nothing is subsidized -- >sure lose

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Possible , check with your developer . Buy under her name , you do the financing without your name in the SPA . You can then apply BTO with you name.

but i need my mum's name as occupant in my BTO leh , remember I am single which govt think its e lowest priority for us to get a flat....
And she mentioned that if transfer ownership later have to pay a sum of legal fees etc , not easy done in msia.
My friend kenna before , the lawyers there take long to do so....

As my mum quite old liao , a lot of complications if she suddenly migrate to another world. *touchwood*
And i cant use my sis names as they are not supportive for me to get a house in JB lor .

tutucake
05-10-2011, 03:05 AM
but i need my mum's name as occupant in my BTO leh , remember I am single which govt think its e lowest priority for us to get a flat....
And she mentioned that if transfer ownership later have to pay a sum of legal fees etc , not easy done in msia.
My friend kenna before , the lawyers there take long to do so....

As my mum quite old liao , a lot of complications if she suddenly migrate to another world. *touchwood*
And i cant use my sis names as they are not supportive for me to get a house in JB lor .

If you mom name needs to be in the bto... Then it makes no dfference if the jb house is bought under ur name or her name... Cos by right u and her will not be allowed to buy an overseas property until u fulfil the MOP of ur sg flat....

So if u buy under ur name, u can save the trouble of ownership Trf.... But if u die die feel "safer" to buy Unser her name, I dunnoe if a will is good enuff anot.. U need to check with a lawyer on this

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 03:08 AM
If you mom name needs to be in the bto... Then it makes no dfference if the jb house is bought under ur name or her name... Cos by right u and her will not be allowed to buy an overseas property until u fulfil the MOP of ur sg flat....

So if u buy under ur name, u can save the trouble of ownership Trf.... But if u die die feel "safer" to buy Unser her name, I dunnoe if a will is good enuff anot.. U need to check with a lawyer on this

maybe can do it by left ???? haha , just trying my luck ....

Aisanbo
05-10-2011, 03:23 AM
About the jams at tuas and woodlands causeway.
I think that is keeping my family from staying in JB, especially when we have 2 young kids.

However, it would be a different scene if in the future....
- majority of people travel by public transport due to high cost of owning cars
- no jams at causeway if you go in via MRT

So for me, If I buy, I am banking on the eventual linking of MRt at Woodlands by 2018.
If that happens, and Johor really link up from JB Sentral to other parts of Nusajaya, property price will shoot up because it becomes viable to live in JB.
Even if they do not link up the MRT within Nusajaya and only have the MRt link from woodlands to JB Sentral, it is still viable since a car in JB is affordable but a car in Sg is not. So within SG we take MRT but once reach JB, we drive our Malaysian car. That could be the new norm come 2018?

i believe the above scenario - Singaporeans, Malaysians & Expats living in JB but working in Singapore - can be a win-win for both Johor and Singapore and thus would not be dis-encouraged by both governments.
From Sg perspective, it is good because
- companies are still in singapore and thus providing jobs and tax income for Sg
- prevent overcrowding (of roads/ bus/ MRT/shopping malls) as we further increase our GDP & create more jobs
- able to attract more FT as cost of living may now be lowered for them
- prevent property bubble due to over demand & limited supply

From Malaysia perspective, it is good because obviously will bring $$$ into their economy through more spendings (food, cars, property, etc).

LeMans2011
05-10-2011, 04:34 AM
I have been commuting across 2nd link between 8am to 9am for the last 3 years. It is not so bad leh? It takes me 1 hr to 1.15 hr to get from Bukit Indah to Bedok.

I spend RM40 - 45 on petrol everyday add that to tolls that works out to S$700 per month. My rent is RM1000 a mont. So it still works out cheaper to me

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Hey guys

whats the bank loan interest like ?
my sales gal never answer me directly

Question: Whats the bank interest rate at the moment ?
Reply : If you willing to get 85% , only UOB bank able to provide the highest margin but there rate also quite attractive . Other than UOB , Hong Leong bank , Maybank , Public Bank & RHB are offering attractive packages also.

And how come they need to see our bank statements ah , so strict ah , me CPF rich nia , so thats means its hard to approve my loan ?

cathylmg
05-10-2011, 05:25 AM

I actually very much agree on this. Every year, no budget for us. The NS man, the workers, the old and the young all got angpow, only no recognition for the SAHM(Stay-at-home-mum). :P

cathylmg
05-10-2011, 05:44 AM
I have been commuting across 2nd link between 8am to 9am for the last 3 years. It is not so bad leh? It takes me 1 hr to 1.15 hr to get from Bukit Indah to Bedok.

I spend RM40 - 45 on petrol everyday add that to tolls that works out to S$700 per month. My rent is RM1000 a mont. So it still works out cheaper to me

I think it depends of personal character as well. If you are the impatient kind who tends to flare up in a jam, or the minute someone cuts into your lane, then travelling to and fro between JB and Singapore using the causeway is definate not for the you. :)

toyohon
05-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Hey guys

Reply : If you willing to get 85% , only UOB bank able to provide the highest margin but there rate also quite attractive . Other than UOB , Hong Leong bank , Maybank , Public Bank & RHB are offering attractive packages also.

And how come they need to see our bank statements ah , so strict ah , me CPF rich nia , so thats means its hard to approve my loan ?

You need to show proof of income. Your CPF can see cannot touch/use for housing in Malaysia.

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 05:50 AM
You need to show proof of income. Your CPF can see cannot touch/use for housing in Malaysia.

Yes , i can show them my income , but I find it too personal to share with them my savings leh .....

euphony
05-10-2011, 05:51 AM
okay , my friend currently is staying at the old straitsview , the security is tight over there but i dun like the crowd around the surroundings.
The bridge back to JB/SG is quite jam during peak hours.

crystal, better ignore such posts...
sounds way too sales reppy coming from a new registered user of only 1 post...

arsenal
05-10-2011, 05:52 AM
I think it depends of personal character as well. If you are the impatient kind who tends to flare up in a jam, or the minute someone cuts into your lane, then travelling to and fro between JB and Singapore using the causeway is definate not for the you. :)

ha.. I can tolerate causeway.. but find the jam is usually from Singapore custom.. and the bad drivers are usually Singaporeans.. I find Malaysian usually more tolerant in the jam...
As my time is flexi, I can travel in and out of JB during non peak time.. so avoid 8-9am or 4:30 - 6:30pm seemed fine for me..

arsenal
05-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes , i can show them my income , but I find it too personal to share with them my savings leh .....

You just have to show them proof of income into your saving account and blacken out other details such as your savings...

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 06:04 AM
ha.. I can tolerate causeway.. but find the jam is usually from Singapore custom.. and the bad drivers are usually Singaporeans.. I find Malaysian usually more tolerant in the jam...
As my time is flexi, I can travel in and out of JB during non peak time.. so avoid 8-9am or 4:30 - 6:30pm seemed fine for me..

how u know its singkies ? could be PRs driving sg car plate ma ....

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
You just have to show them proof of income into your saving account and blacken out other details such as your savings...

oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

east539
05-10-2011, 06:15 AM

har? just show the proof of income into bank account can liao ah? sian...i show the bank everything....

euphony
05-10-2011, 06:17 AM
HH is good that you have listed your grievances here so as to allow users to be fully informed about their living in jb choice. I think there are a lot of people who may be too mesmerized by the houses & 'savings'etc to look beyond at the feasibility in terms of the commute. Having said that I have also done both causeway and tuas.

There was a time I had to commute during 'normal hours'. The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters and is much faster. I reach work earlier than the cleaners who come in very early bout 6:30am. I start sending my emails about work basically to tell people I am already 'working' and in such days I leave by 3pm. Smooth out, smooth in. Saving time/petrol/money/raw emotions I reach home with plenty time to spare and even cook a proper dinner. Otherwise I go in slightly before noon and go home 9-10pm'ish cooking myself a good brunch before start.

My point is 2 folds. First avoid the peak crowd if possible, see if alternative arrangement can be made about work. 2nd, let the FT's work the normal hours and fight themselves out on public roads and transportation as you source for flexibility, even work-at-home opportunities... The FTs have invaded SG soil no doubt but stay 1 step ahead and you'll find yourself fully enjoying what JB life has to offer.

Cases like Cathy, she has kids so she goes out early as well since school starts early and double/triple use her time and when she and her family returns during off peak hours, the journey is relatively smooth. So there exists several permutations here and therein lies the beauty!

Allowing me to input my personal views here. If life is really so good and easy in JB, 5 million Sporeans would already be staying in JB. If you think of using the customs daily, never even think of using Woodlands customs. There are instances whereby I leave my house at 6am and reach office 9am, esp during rainy days. The traffic is horrible and I dont think one would want to subject yourself to these perennial stress and struck in traffic jams for 4-6 hours daily. Once a week is fine but if u are struck in jams EVERY day, its really bad for your health. We are not talking about CTE jams, which is really nothing compared to those at Customs whereby cars simply cut u off anytime without any signals.. And u get the risk of dents on your cars. What for?...

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 06:21 AM
har? just show the proof of income into bank account can liao ah? sian...i show the bank everything....

haha , too personal la , why should bank see our savings acct.

jasonjst
05-10-2011, 06:23 AM
About the jams at tuas and woodlands causeway.
I think that is keeping my family from staying in JB, especially when we have 2 young kids.

However, it would be a different scene if in the future....
- majority of people travel by public transport due to high cost of owning cars
- no jams at causeway if you go in via MRT

So for me, If I buy, I am banking on the eventual linking of MRt at Woodlands by 2018.
If that happens, and Johor really link up from JB Sentral to other parts of Nusajaya, property price will shoot up because it becomes viable to live in JB.
Even if they do not link up the MRT within Nusajaya and only have the MRt link from woodlands to JB Sentral, it is still viable since a car in JB is affordable but a car in Sg is not. So within SG we take MRT but once reach JB, we drive our Malaysian car. That could be the new norm come 2018?

i believe the above scenario - Singaporeans, Malaysians & Expats living in JB but working in Singapore - can be a win-win for both Johor and Singapore and thus would not be dis-encouraged by both governments.
From Sg perspective, it is good because
- companies are still in singapore and thus providing jobs and tax income for Sg
- prevent overcrowding (of roads/ bus/ MRT/shopping malls) as we further increase our GDP & create more jobs
- able to attract more FT as cost of living may now be lowered for them
- prevent property bubble due to over demand & limited supply

From Malaysia perspective, it is good because obviously will bring $$$ into their economy through more spendings (food, cars, property, etc).

Maybe those companies also move to Nusajaya lor ? Then save everybody the trouble of comuting in and out

euphony
05-10-2011, 06:25 AM
HH is good that you have listed your grievances here so as to allow users to be fully informed about their living in jb choice. I think there are a lot of people who may be too mesmerized by the houses & 'savings'etc to look beyond at the feasibility in terms of the commute. Having said that I have also done both causeway and tuas.

Now that I live near to the 2nd link side, my challenge (and joy) is to maximize fuel efficiency since the route has almost no traffic lights and its expressway all the way. Long ago, I average about 13.1km/L now I can consistently hit 16.1km/L I was thinking what extra I spend on the tolls, I want to get back from further petrol savings. I stay on the slow lanes and glide through taking my time and spend about 35-40minutes from the moment I step out to reaching Clementi area. I want to see if I can hit 18km/L, it would be a record for the conti car I'm driving (who says commute is boring :D).

euphony
05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Hey guys

I think average is BLR-2.4% that was what I could get circa may 2011. users with latest info perhaps can update. Avoid Maybank MY at all costs. Even the locals shun it.

euphony
05-10-2011, 06:32 AM

that's the best way to go about it :)

toyohon
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
that's the best way to go about it :)

Having a good car audio system is a boon if you happen to get caught in a jam. Just count the number of songs played on CD to cross over.

euphony
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Having a good car audio system is a boon if you happen to get caught in a jam. Just count the number of songs played on CD to cross over.

where is the LIKE button! Agree.

Lord Aragorn
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
crystal, better ignore such posts...
sounds way too sales reppy coming from a new registered user of only 1 post...

Hey euphony, I do not represent Straits View nor am I a sales person. I'm a 100% Singaporean that has bought a property in JB because I see the potential of Iskandar Malaysia. Iskandar is growing macham like Singapore in the 70s, 80s, 90s. If you had bought properties in SG then, you will be smiling your way to the bank today. It just doesnt make sense that cross one causeway and the property is 5-7 times cheaper.

I see opportunity in good projects like Straits View. I've been to Senibong Cove, Horizon Hills, etc... they are all pretty good. But personally I prefer SV because of the reasons I stated. Just wanted to know the rest of your opinions if you had visited the upcoming "gated guarded" new projects.

Lord Aragorn
05-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Absolutely. Well said.

Also, the new MRT link will have colocated customs ie. you clear once, not twice, in each direction. I hope they can implement a similar solution for the causeway soon which will certainly ease jams at the causeway.

The other thing - with the new Eastern Dispersal link due next year, cars entering SG will be paying toll. More expensive might not be a bad thing if it eases jam... macham like ERP.

Finally, I always check the Traffic SG cam for causeway entering Singapore. Except for Mondays, every weekday around 8-9am seems to have very few cars entering SG from the causeway. Am I missing something here when Horizon Hills said that he experience jams on every weekday along the causeway?

Lord Aragorn
05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters and is much faster. I reach work earlier than the cleaners who come in very early bout 6:30am.

I thought I found a "secret" way by making a U turn from the usual way. Could you share with me your "secret secret" way? :) I can provide you with my personal email address if you're uncomfortable with posting it in public :P

arsenal
05-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi Crystal,
I did that with HSBC and RHB.. No problem.. They want our business more than such admin issues...
Rgds

oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

TinkerMan
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi Guys and ladies,

Doctor's presription:
To be taken with a pinch of salt.

"Malaysia a safer place now then Singapore "MALAYSIA - Malaysia has been moving up the rankings of various international indexes. Albeit at a slow pace, change is nonetheless happening and this positive change has been recognised by independent bodies outside of Malaysia.

The fifth edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI), which was conducted by the Sydney-based Institute for Economics and Peace, found Malaysia to be the most peaceful country in Southeast Asia and the fourth safest in the Asia Pacific region behind New Zealand, Japan and Australia.

Announced in May, the index also found Malaysia to be the 19th safest and most peaceful out of 153 countries around the globe.

The index is composed of 23 qualitative and quantitative indicators of respected sources, which combined internal and external factors ranging from level of military expenditure to its relations with neighbouring countries and respect for human rights.

These indicators were selected by an international panel of academics, businessmen, philanthropists and members of peace institutions for a year from March 15 last year.

The team has used the latest available figures from a wide range of respected sources, including the International Institute of Strategic Studies, the World Bank, various UN offices and peace institutes and the Economist Intelligence Unit.

According to the index report, Malaysia experienced an improvement in its GPI score for the fifth successive year and it rose by three places to 19th, supplanting Singapore as the highest-ranked Southeast Asian nation in last year's GPI.

This year, Malaysia's growing peacefulness reflected a rise in political stability, and improving relations with neighbouring countries (notably Singapore and China).

By the way my layers fees for SPA, Loan, Govt Levy, stamp fees +taxes = MR40k - Is this about right? Or have I been take for a ride?

Narmi
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM

There was a time I had to commute during 'normal hours'. The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp
driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters ...

Bro euphony

I think i know the secret2 route to immigration that u r referring to ;). It enables one to reach straight into the msia immigration side. No worries...

euphony
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Bro euphony

I think i know the secret2 route to immigration that u r referring to ;). It enables one to reach straight into the msia immigration side. No worries...

not to mention no lights and no cops! :D
best not to say too much about it wait kena humtum by those who use it.

crystal_tiong
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Crystal,
I did that with HSBC and RHB.. No problem.. They want our business more than such admin issues...
Rgds

icic , can u guys advise me whether Nusa Idaman consider gd ? value for money ?

corner lot is RM541,888.00

its not well develope yet thats y is cheaper .

I can only afford 500k range ....

btw , the levy 12,000 is fixed ? i thought i read somewhere is only 10,000

Any suggestion where else should i see ??

I am still in dilema .....

coz not much facilites there and there will have a mosque there too .....

Investor
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Crazy price! RM 1.25 million for a terrace in East Ledang, the advertisement was posted on iproperty.com (http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1179896/East_Ledang_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale) yesterday.
Moreover, it's an Unfurnished show-unit(not those with full interior decor hor).
Moreover Moreover, it's an intermediate unit, not corner hor!

euphony
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Crazy price! RM 1.25 million for a terrace in East Ledang, the advertisement was posted on iproperty.com (http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1179896/East_Ledang_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale) yesterday.
Moreover, it's an Unfurnished show-unit(not those with full interior decor hor).

is the skyblue color next door for real?
whoa the twin villas were selling at this price le...

Investor
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
is the skyblue color next door for real?
whoa the twin villas were selling at this price le...

Yup those are the actual show-units but not all are with interior decor. The one on sale at RM 1.25 million is a bare, intermediate unit(not corner unit)!