• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
For The gateway or The Golf? 2.5 storey cluster don't go up much as there is a serious lack of interest due to the design. You need to fix it up to get the full benefits, extend the front part of the ground floor into the car porch and make a large balcony and then extend the side patio area into the front, giving you an al fresco dining area.

According to one of my learned friends, I think less than 100k Rm can make the cluster a much better place but requires time and effort to fix. Once that is done however, the house is easily worth 700k at least.

I have not view yet. Planning on coming weekend. Thanks for your information. Any different between golf and gateway? Any other recommendation beside HH? It's getting more and more expensive over the months..

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow they stopped it..... So fast? Now even they wanna buy the price is higher minus all the promotions....

An acquaintance booked a cluster semi-D (under construction) at Sri Pulai Perdana 2 (by MahSing) near Pulai Springs golf resort sometime late last year. The price was 370k plus. He dillied dallied on signing the S & P saying he's not sure whether he really want to commit. Last week he was called to be at the sales office (swarmed by Singaporeans then) and was told that his purchase will have to be submitted as an "appeal" case as the cost was below 500k and if not allowed, he would be given back his deposit of. Then he found out that the same type of units are going for more than 400k now.:eek: Now he is panicking and thinking if he should get another lawyer to act for him (besides the developer appointed lawyer).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi thanks for your reply.

I heard that there is a clinic at Setia Tropika and it ridiculously overcharges patients!!!

I checked out 2 clinics one is polyclinic angerrik on jalan kempas lama and the other is klinik neo and lim at taman bukit kempas.

The first one charged my daughter Rm 20 for cough med + consultation.

However he charged me Rm 20 per strip of medication (no consultation) So ie., Rm 40

Klinik Neo and Lim charged me Rm 90 (for 2 strips (20 capsules) of anti biotics and 2 strips of another medication)

I am not sure of the charges in Malaysia for similar consulations.... But i felt the charges could have been cheaper. What do you guys think?

Most importantly please do not convert to S$ and compare.... cause this is when we begin to say cheap.... cheap ( and i am guilty of this mistake too). Will discuss this in another post....

Morally the docs should not charge us more than what they would ordinarily charge Malaysians.

Wuqi i have no idea about the places you mentioned cause i do not know the road names although i am familiar with the areas. It would be great if you could give us addresses (sorry for bothering you) and yes of course please do not forget to share charges with us.

Ok, there are 2 actually, if you go to one (normal one) you will see the other (for women/children) right across the street. All honest(so far). :smile:

KLINIK KHOR & KHOR Johor
31 JALAN NB 2/2
TAMAN NUSA BESTARI 2
SKUDAI 81300 07-5543015

Dentist - Super professional
Lou Dental Centre:
103 Jln Sutera Tanjung 8/2
Sutera Utama Biz Centre
Tmn Sutera, Johor
Tel: 07-5565070

Charges for the "Shuang Xu" one is affordable and you will always see them crowded. Forgot now but it was definitely less than 30 for a consultation with medicine provided.

The dentist is pretty expensive though especially for dentures but most of my friends were very happy with the services. They even measured your blood pressure first before tooth extraction, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good dentists? Wow....

And are they reasonably priced? Addresses or directions would be appreciated.

I love massages any day any time. But again i do not know where Eurorich hotel is??

I don't have the English name of the massage place(very nice!!) but in Mandarin, its called Huang Zu Xuan or something like that. (Literal translation is like - Imperial Feet Abode)

Its right at the corner, same row beside the Eurorich hotel
Euro Rich Hotel,
15-19 Jalan Bestari 12/2,
Taman Nusa Bestari,
81300 Skudai,
Johor, Malaysia.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
4) Water pressure a bit low in certain toilets but i decided not to tamper with it cause if it begins to leak later then the fault would be mine right?
5) The other absolutely essential thing that i did was the solar films.... Gosh i could not bear the heat... It was so freaking hot ( those days in Feb when there was a minor unusual heat wave with temperatures usually around 34 ++) So i got the solar films done.... That made my life much more pleasant

Yes, especially on the 2nd floor, never change anything to divert water from the water mains bypassing the water tank on top to increase water pressure. Instead, get a good water pump that will serve the needs and doesn't void the warranty.

Solar film is essential if your house has any large windows facing west. Helps to save on aircon and utilities bills too. :smile:

Yes cement work avoid because folks are very good at taichi sometimes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
An acquaintance booked a cluster semi-D (under construction) at Sri Pulai Perdana 2 (by MahSing) near Pulai Springs golf resort sometime late last year. The price was 370k plus. He dillied dallied on signing the S & P saying he's not sure whether he really want to commit. Last week he was called to be at the sales office (swarmed by Singaporeans then) and was told that his purchase will have to be submitted as an "appeal" case as the cost was below 500k and if not allowed, he would be given back his deposit of. Then he found out that the same type of units are going for more than 400k now.:eek: Now he is panicking and thinking if he should get another lawyer to act for him (besides the developer appointed lawyer).

Oh i see, maybe he listened too much to the naysayers, too much land and how to sell it later, etc. He should go back and thank the detractors now since land here is plentiful anyway. Send him Tuapehkong's comments if it helps. :smile:

Ok seriously, jokes aside, there are some lawyers who can help in such cases but you need to find the right one as a couple of friends had the same issues but luckily they found good help. He should tell the developer that he may need another lawyer if their appointed one cannot help. The potential commission that may be lost may well change their minds. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Holy Heavens

I never thought that installing an antenna or Astro on my roof would involve my roof warranty practically going over the roof!!!

Thankfully we delayed installing the antenna or astro dish for lack of time and also cause we wanted to take time to think things through before proceeding.

Oh yes, install at the side or on the wall on the side of your balcony. Just avoid the roof. They will basically blame everything that happens to your roof subsequently on the installation.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In 1999 i discussed purchasing property in Malaysia with my then gf (now wife)... But she being a true blue Singaporean was worried.... What if the rules change/What if this/ What if that/

And the whole plan was shelved....

But i kept reminding her on and off about it.

Finally last year it was she who dragged me to the Setia Showroom in Spore to sign up. What a transformation? And she was proud of her achievement and ofcourse i had always supported her in this...

Now just thinking 10 years back it would have been really cheap and i could have probably bought a palace...or rather several units....

But then there were not many established developers then and honestly we could have suffered. Right? Like economically weak developers / badly designed homes / townships etc...

Now you get reputed developers albiet at a higher price with minimal baggage from the past...

Even KL was not spared the bad reputation of the past...

So in hindsight my wife was probably right... The time to enter the Malaysian especially JB property sector kicked off in 2005 + i presume

Well, higher risks goes with higher gains. Lower risks, lower gains. In hindsight, everything becomes much clearer but if i were in your shoes then..but then again, 10 years ago, you won't find someone who is more brainwashed then me and hated JB due to all the things and brainwashing done.

Then someone told me, Sir, no risk, no gain, do you want to stay in HDB untils SERS forces you out then work until you drop dead at 80 years to repay or take out one of those bloodsuckers reverse mortgage so that you work all your life for virtually nothing towards the end. Remember, even burial plots and slots for ashes are leasehold too.
Wow, wow wow. Yay!!!

I spoke with my wife on the seriousness of this, she saw the light as well. I thought about it and became concerned that the government will eventually make it harder for foreigners so i decided to get in as much as i could and at least have something for my kids.

There and then, i drove to the 2nd link for the first time, got lost, almost went all the way past Senai, lost again but slowly found my way to properties in JB. Stayed in hotels to see if i can live with life here. Suan Bee, Eurorich, Kingston, Lavender, J Hotel, i stayed in everyone of them. Checked out everything myself, got lost, got cheated, learned lessons.

Finally, found all the places with cheap stuff that even locals are unaware, found cheap lights, cheap furniture, good contractors. Bought a MY registered car. So far no regrets. :smile:

This weekend, i will be entertaining some very serious naysayers who just for some weird reasons all decided to pay my dad and my family a visit.

I also realised one thing, if you are one that won't or can't make it, even in your own country, house or pigeon hole, you are already a loser.

If you tell yourself though that you can do it or want it hard enough to go for it, then even if you are alone in a foreign land, you will get to your destination, nothing can stand in your way.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Same Here.....

When the min sum of 500k did not exist i was a wee bit apprehensive to commit to another unit.....

Now that i am ready ..... the units are getting more and more out of my reach.....
:(:(:(:(

I am sure you can do it, try to look for those just slightly above 500k? I am sure there are still options available. I wish you well. :smile:

Someone came by yesterday and said to me, aiyah JB so cheap, can buy anytime man. Land so much, plantations so much. Things will never will take off here. Houses are all $100k (RM) only!!

He is senior to me as he is an elder relative so i kept silent but i smiled.
Then my normally silent wife chimed in and said, but but you can only buy above $500k (RM) now. First, he looked stunned with disbelief and then he changed the subject. Then this morning, he called my dad to see if he can help him find a place. Then next thing i know, this weekend his family and all are coming to my place.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow they stopped it..... So fast? Now even they wanna buy the price is higher minus all the promotions....

Yes, seems folks realised it only now.

Thats why i said i wished that the 500k limit will be pushed back as some friends and relatives only realising now.

You want to help them, they think you got commission, you ask them to go some other estates to look and buy, they still think somehow you will have commission. Sometimes, i want to say to them, "Uncle, I don't need your commissions,i am sorry but i probably i earn more than you and your wife combined and most importantly, i don't have a habit of monetizing everything i do for others."

Even when you fix their pc for free, they think you are using their pc to train your skills. People just don't realise, there still people who will look at kinship or family ties and help you pro bono with no strings attached just because you are family. There are really such people around but most people are unfortunately BLIND.

If not for my respect and love for dear old dad, this weekend i will be relaxing instead of having to take them around.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have not view yet. Planning on coming weekend. Thanks for your information. Any different between golf and gateway? Any other recommendation beside HH? It's getting more and more expensive over the months..

Oh i see, there are differences, houses in The Golf are more modern in the outlook while the ones at The Gateway has better workmanship. Both workmanship are still better than most developments that i have been to.

I have done penetration tests by trying to get into estates on weekends and have posted a previous field report on the properties here in this thread. Nusa Idaman sold off pretty quick, maybe Nusa Duta?

One thing i always remembered my dad's guidance when i was young when he was teaching my elder sister on cars and houses, "Ah girl, when you buy high, you sell high, when you buy low, you will also have to sell low, the best is to buy low and sell high."

I was only 5 years old then, though this was not meant for me(my family disliked me from young as i was born in a bad month), somehow the lessons he imparted to my sister stuck with me instead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Any comments on KSL City?

KSL is good but check to see if its leasehold? I am sure there are good bargains to be had but mainly condos if i am not wrong. There is one development just opposite Jusco, i think it will be a good one.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuapehkongs comments? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Ha ha ha ha

Skeptics.... stay away dun cross the bridge and spoil our market

We still wanna buy some more units.... come later when we are done...

We will then sell to you.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh i see, maybe he listened too much to the naysayers, too much land and how to sell it later, etc. He should go back and thank the detractors now since land here is plentiful anyway. Send him Tuapehkong's comments if it helps. :smile:

:wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to set the ball rolling to discuss condos (ofcourse not the millions over you mentioned) but the 500k range that we are allowed to buy....

Usually condos depreciate in JB over time....

But lets discuss.... I guess we gotta take the whole development into consideration (not a stand alone condo) for valuation purposes

KSL is good but check to see if its leasehold? I am sure there are good bargains to be had but mainly condos if i am not wrong. There is one development just opposite Jusco, i think it will be a good one.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What your dad said about buy high sell high and buy low sell low is truly applicable in the Singaporean context especially when you only have 1 unit.... U just cant run away.....

But if you have more than 1 unit anywhere in the world you can apply the second rule that your dad taught .... Buy low and sell high.....

One thing i always remembered my dad's guidance when i was young when he was teaching my elder sister on cars and houses, "Ah girl, when you buy high, you sell high, when you buy low, you will also have to sell low, the best is to buy low and sell high."

I was only 5 years old then, though this was not meant for me(my family disliked me from young as i was born in a bad month), somehow the lessons he imparted to my sister stuck with me instead.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 cheers to your wife..... She ensured that your head did not drop with the wayward comments and that your family flag was still flying high....

Now regarding the weekend.... Gosh i hate ruining my weekends... But you gottta respect your dad.... So no choice huh....

I am sure you can do it, try to look for those just slightly above 500k? I am sure there are still options available. I wish you well. :smile:

Someone came by yesterday and said to me, aiyah JB so cheap, can buy anytime man. Land so much, plantations so much. Things will never will take off here. Houses are all $100k (RM) only!!

He is senior to me as he is an elder relative so i kept silent but i smiled.
Then my normally silent wife chimed in and said, but but you can only buy above $500k (RM) now. First, he looked stunned with disbelief and then he changed the subject. Then this morning, he called my dad to see if he can help him find a place. Then next thing i know, this weekend his family and all are coming to my place.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woahhhhhh

Thanks....

I really dun wanna void the 3 year warranty on my roof... So i will stay off the antennae for a while

Anyway DVDS are cheap only RM 5 each so il buy and watch them instead ... Somemore buy 5 one free... buy 10 3 free or something like that....

Oh sorry again not supposed to mention the word cheap cheap (like a bird.... some one mentioned earlier)

Oh yes, install at the side or on the wall on the side of your balcony. Just avoid the roof. They will basically blame everything that happens to your roof subsequently on the installation.

eck2912

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh i see, there are differences, houses in The Golf are more modern in the outlook while the ones at The Gateway has better workmanship. Both workmanship are still better than most developments that i have been to.

I have done penetration tests by trying to get into estates on weekends and have posted a previous field report on the properties here in this thread. Nusa Idaman sold off pretty quick, maybe Nusa Duta?

Wow.. U have done many survey. Thanks again. About Nusa Duta, I previously seen some comment that it is near to high tension cable and the ground level is low. Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.