• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agree on this one cause i have a friend in KL who swears that most developers in Malaysia resort to this tactic.

He said usually by the launch date sometimes even approx 2/3rd of the units are snapped up.

In the case of Setia this may be possible too.....

But i also wanna place on record that Setia starts their soft launch way before their actual launch. Some of the units could be cheaper or even hard to sell units... So when customers visit their sales office will most likely purchase whats on offer and the prized units could come at a premium later.

These could be sales tactics. There is nothing wrong that i see in this.

We sign with our eyes open and no one points a gun to our head hence its important to do sufficient due diligence on our part before we sign on the dotted line.

It is not uncommon that some units, especially choice ones, are "sold" (to staff/people related to the developer?) to be resold later at premium prices. Then there is this tactic to push sales for upcoming "phases" by proudly proclaiming that the previous phase was "fully sold". I'm not singling out any developer in particular but in M'sia, these things do happen.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agree on this one cause i have a friend in KL who swears that most developers in Malaysia resort to this tactic.

Wah lau, such tactics also in merlion land lah. Ppty trade is as dirty as politic, no angel and santa doing charity there. Politic = power + money + etc , ppty = $$$$$$$:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got my keys not long ago. My rectification work not done yet.:wink:

Ah , this is another good information to share, may I know many round of defect submitted already ? My neighbour next door said she send in one defect list every month and she has stayed for 6th months already. So far I sent in my 4th, not even staying yet.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me Cathy and everyone for going offtrack a lil bit out here.

But sometimes i think WE Singaporeans get what we deserve.

I have on numerous occassions been witness to Singaporeans trying to Act as if they are Royal Blood in SEA (Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and even Malaysia)... Sometimes they speed, flaunt their wealth, act as if they are superior, act aggressively and also as if our money is Gold (to put it in crude terms). Yet in our own country we do not behave this way. Why the double standards in our behaviour? Ofcourse we know that we would look like fools if we behaved this way in Spore. Just to cite an example... a luxury condo was launched somewhere close to Stevens Road and those who wanted to take a look at the Show flat had to present a blank cheque.... to enter.... And many Singaporeans including those who love to flaunt were prepaerd to take their shoes off.... Not sure if they had blank cheques though.... Ha ha....

Despite the above i think the below is not acceptable.... But then if we really want the property we got to bear with it. What a life!

Adda Height also like that. There was only 1 salesperson in their show room. When we ask to see the showroom he told us to walk to the end of the street the last unit. When we ask if deposit can be return to us if bank loan not approve, his answer was 'you should know whether your loan can be approve or not', followed by a 'you can afford' kind of face expression.

I think these developers still have a long way to go in wooing Singaporean customers with this kind of sub standard services.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me Cathy and everyone for going offtrack a lil bit out here.

But sometimes i think WE Singaporeans get what we deserve.

I have on numerous occassions been witness to Singaporeans trying to Act as if they are Royal Blood in SEA

You're right ...that Y I rather not meet sing-lian on holiday but then they are everywhere...wait till you see them EAT....like a "goh-kui"-hungry ghost.
The thing about blank cheque is again by developer and e agent marketing. ..to filter the genuine and the window shoppers (another favourite passtime here )

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try doing barely minimal renovation cause then when you point out the defects they will resolve it.

Once you have done massive reno most of the warranty is void.

1) Eg once you add soil to the garden in ur corner unit ur termite warranty is void

2) If you use solar films on ur windows the window warranty is void \

3) The sanitary fittings have to be checked upon delivery of keys.... After that no complaints on sanitary fittings will be entertained

And the list goes on.....

Ah , this is another good information to share, may I know many round of defect submitted already ? My neighbour next door said she send in one defect list every month and she has stayed for 6th months already. So far I sent in my 4th, not even staying yet.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have on numerous occassions been witness to Singaporeans trying to Act as if they are Royal Blood in SEA (Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and even Malaysia)...

It's been my habit to clear my trays and leftovers when ever I eat at fastfood outlets. At one time, the locals at a KFC outlet in Jakarta even gave me a long stare when I walked over to clear my tray. The impression was as if "why is this guy behaving like this?" :confused:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try doing barely minimal renovation cause then when you point out the defects they will resolve it.

Once you have done massive reno most of the warranty is void.

1) Eg once you add soil to the garden in ur corner unit ur termite warranty is void

2) If you use solar films on ur windows the window warranty is void \

3) The sanitary fittings have to be checked upon delivery of keys.... After that no complaints on sanitary fittings will be entertained

And the list goes on.....

I thought Setia always boasts that they are the only developer in Johor to give 3 years warranty for their houses?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Winner....

U really uphold the Singapore flag... :smile:

It's been my habit to clear my trays and leftovers when ever I eat at fastfood outlets. At one time, the locals at a KFC outlet in Jakarta even gave me a long stare when I walked over to clear my tray. The impression was as if "why is this guy behaving like this?" :confused:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence its advisable to do very basic or minimal renovation that does not void your warranty in anyway.

That is what i did atleast. Also i do not live in the property at the moment and hence i did not do any renovation.

This gives me ample time to discover errors that need to be rectified.

Give you an example during the heavy rains that lashed around this region 2 weeks ago the drain in my house at the car porch that leads to the muncipal drain got flooded with rain water and the water overflowed into the carporch. Upon lodging a complaint Their first reaction was that my renovation men had thrown cement into the drain and hence the clogging..

So when i pointed out that i had not done any renovation works at all.... they looked surprised and promised to work on it.

Now if i had done some renovation i would have to prove to them that the water logging was not caused by my renovators....

So that would end my 3 year warranty atleast on the drain clearance....

Any drilling or hacking and maybe ur structural warranty maybe void... Ha ha... Its true I am not kidding.

I thought Setia always boasts that they are the only developer in Johor to give 3 years warranty for their houses?

Only if you still have not done any renovaton on it.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Winner....

U really uphold the Singapore flag... :smile:

Oh, I've also inculcated my wife to do the same as well. My argument is: whatever you leave behind, there has to be someone to clear for you and he/she doesn't owe you a living. However, in our foodcourts, I always cannot find the trolleys for my used cutlery and besides, those cleaners are very efficient. Many a times, before I could leave my table, they've already been cleared for me.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U R D Man

I must admit that i then am part of the ugly Singaporeans (never clear my trays):o:o

Sorry guys

Oh, I've also inculcated my wife to do the same as well. My argument is: whatever you leave behind, there has to be someone to clear for you and he/she doesn't owe you a living. However, in our foodcourts, I always cannot find the trolleys for my used cutlery and besides, those cleaners are very efficient. Many a times, before I could leave my table, they've already been cleared for me.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I've also inculcated my wife to do the same as well. My argument is: whatever you leave behind, there has to be someone to clear for you and he/she doesn't owe you a living.

What happen when everyone clear their own trays...what do you think the food court towkay will do....sack all cleaners or reduce strength lah, then somebody REALLY going to lose their earning....tat Y some place you see very efficient cleaners before you could finish they keep asking can clear or not. Otherwise, they look bad hanging around nothing to do because all clean up liao. Give the old retirees some chance to do some work lah.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happen when everyone clear their own trays...what do you think the food court towkay will do....sack all cleaners or reduce strength lah, then somebody REALLY going to lose their earning....tat Y some place you see very efficient cleaners before you could finish they keep asking can clear or not. Otherwise, they look bad hanging around nothing to do because all clean up liao. Give the old retirees some chance to do some work lah.

Well, if they are efficient, like most of the times in our foodcourts, they would have already cleared before I leave the table, so be it. Besides, I still don't see those used trays trolleys in most of our foodcourts yet.

Anyway, in most of Europe, if you don't clear your trays, the one sitting next to you will call and insist you to do so, because once my Chinese colleague encountered such a situation.:( Even in Taiwan, everybody clears their trays automatically and it is almost like a basic instinct to them. Even when you enter or leave their convenience stores (eg: 7-11), no matter how busy they are, you will still be greeted verbally.

I think our culture (and most of the Asean countries) is still not to that standard yet, or probably ours has been too spoiled and pampered. Recently from STOMP, there's even a case of the maid who was asked by her Madam's teenage daughter to pick out the bean sprouts from her dish at a foodcourt. How can these people face hardships in future? Sigh.....No eyes to see......

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not uncommon that some units, especially choice ones, are "sold" (to staff/people related to the developer?) to be resold later at premium prices. ...

Same thing happens in Spore:smile:

Friends, relatives, ...,real estate sales people are given first pick of a development before it is open to the public. Even LKY enjoys such perks :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that it happens in spore too. Yes it's nt fair but nothing legally wrong with it unless the govt comes up with rules against insider trading as with stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.