• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ur absolutely right. Thts why I feel if we purchase an additional unit maybe we can sell to the skeptics when they experience herd mentality syndrome .

Btw u buying another unit?

One of my friends' friend actually pestered me to arrange for site viewing. Then don't know why back off. The reason she gave was 500K also still quite cheap, so whats the hurry?

I think sceptics are still all over. The herd mentality will catch up with them sooner or later. But not before I bought somemore units...buakhahahaha.....!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw cukai harta........?
Sorry guys I do nt know melayu.

I heard it's property tax and can be paid at the post and telco office. Quite helpful......

I heard there is something known as quit rent?

Anyone has a clue what that is and what's the easiest way to pay it?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw cukai harta........?
Sorry guys I do nt know melayu.

I heard it's property tax and can be paid at the post and telco office. Quite helpful......

I heard there is something known as quit rent?

Anyone has a clue what that is and what's the easiest way to pay it?

Arrgh , these are some of the official statement that affected me as well
Their utility - water and electricty all in malay. I found out from Msian frenz can pay at Post office, done tat a few times at post office near Bestari.

Perhaps the old birds can tell us what else to pay , how often and where to pay. Fortunately for me , those I do not know where what is it and where to pay, I pass to a colleague who help me get it done.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest I was actually pleased that setia tropika is about 750 acres. This allows the developer to plan the township well and make it exclusive too obviously if planned well.

If u look at ST it's planned as a Single entry township into the residential enclave. More on ST later.....

Just to let u guys know some details:
1. The phase one of the bungalows which were priced upto 1.7 million rm are sold out
2. The new phase that will be launched will be rm1.7 million upwards
3. The semids that will be launched later this year are being priced atleast at rm1.0. Million

setia has holding power. Plus there are lots of buyers. Else what would explain that the units have been sold out

I am sure the other reputable developers are having it that way too

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to let u guys know some details:
1. The phase one of the bungalows which were priced upto 1.7 million rm are sold out
2. The new phase that will be launched will be rm1.7 million upwards
3. The semids that will be launched later this year are being priced atleast at rm1.0. Million

setia has holding power. Plus there are lots of buyers. Else what would explain that the units have been sold out

I am sure the other reputable developers are having it that way too

Are you sure developer release ALL bungalows unit in phase 1 for sales and ALL bungalows were sold ? BTW, how many units of bungalows are there in phase 1 ?

I know developer like to release in phases and some block , when the media advertised about SOLD OUT, that is when they Ups their price. That way they maximise their profit. 1.7mil not cheap and hard to believe there are such high demand in sleepy Johor.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure developer release ALL bungalows unit in phase 1 for sales and ALL bungalows were sold ? BTW, how many units of bungalows are there in phase 1 ?

I know developer like to release in phases and some block , when the media advertised about SOLD OUT, that is when they Ups their price. That way they maximise their profit. 1.7mil not cheap and hard to believe there are such high demand in sleepy Johor.

Hmmm.......... maybe the Professor is an insider from the Setia Group. :rolleyes:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps the old birds can tell us what else to pay , how often and where to pay. Fortunately for me , those I do not know where what is it and where to pay, I pass to a colleague who help me get it done.

Electricity and water bills can be paid at the Post Office and the MBJB office next to the HSBC building after the old causeway.

Property tax can be paid annually (Jan) or semi-annually (Jan & Jul) at the MBJB office.

Quit Rent must be paid only at the office opposite the Larkin Bus Interchange. Payments must be made by 31 May of each year and no reminders nor renewal notifications will be issued. If you don't pay or forgot to pay, you risk getting a fine or at worst, your property may be "chongkong", but only in very severe arrears cases only lah. I heard that it can also be paid online if you have an account with their participating banks.

By the way, your lawyer should have explained all these modes of payments to you when you engaged him for the purchase of your property... No?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Electricity and water bills can be paid at the Post Office and the MBJB office next to the HSBC building after the old causeway.

Property tax can be paid annually (Jan) or semi-annually (Jan & Jul) at the MBJB office.

Quit Rent must be paid only at the office opposite the Larkin Bus Interchange. Payments must be made by 31 May of each year and no reminders nor renewal notifications will be issued. If you don't pay or forgot to pay, you risk getting a fine or at worst, your property may be "chongkong", but only in very severe arrears cases only lah. I heard that it can also be paid online if you have an account with their participating banks.

By the way, your lawyer should have explained all these modes of payments to you when you engaged him for the purchase of your property... No?

Good one Winners, yes this is correct. The quit rent however can be easily paid online using most credit cards. I know as i have to pay 3 times in a very short period. All done online so don't need to go there.
Even traffic offenses can be paid online and you get a discount. (Not the coffee money type)

Others like Astro, TNB, etc can be paid at POS which there are plenty, Best Mart has one but always crowded. Perling has one too. If you are late one two month for utities, its actually ok provided not too much(300 above) as unlike SG, they won't cut it or send you reminder (red/pink) notices. Someone also confirmed earlier that if you have an account with a bank (BSN) you can actually pay a lot of bills using your account with them on an ATM machine.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Winners you seem to know a lot.

I paid my electric water and cukai harta at the telco located
Within setia tropika. They charge a negligible service fee.

Quit rent i had no idea what it means. Thanks winners and please no offence on my earlierposts . Just my views.

I engaged the Tropika lawyers. Maybe they were too lazy to advise me?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Ok, this one should be reliable as i heard from one of my friends working in Setia. Their bungalows are all sold. I wanted to bring my lecturers and 2 friends to buy, only phase 2 is available. I asked them to stop and wait and see first but one of them already bought a unit in HH. My sister was supposed to get one at Setia too but after the experience (see below) i told my sister go for a unit a HH instead.

One of the Setia (Eddy Lim)guy i posted earlier (someone i thought would be a real friend) isn't too reliable as he didn't follow up on any of things as promised on my purchases so i probably wouldn't recommend anyone going to him for houses in Setia.

He basically left me high and dry and is ALWAYS busy after selling me 2 units. I even bought one personally from him (his own unit) in HH rather than others as i trusted him and recommended friends to him for home purchases without once asking or taking any commissions.

After making from me on the house, lawyer, contractors, banks and he made twice as i bought 2, he basically disappeared after i recommended my friend to him (he bought 2 units as well).

Even my car i bought from his friend and i knew he made at least another $300. I didn't mind this at all if the friendship was real but turned out that its not.

He didn't even tell me or any of the friends here when he left HH for Setia and when i eventually got to know, i still supported him and passed contacts to him, all without making anything as i thought he was a genuine friend.

Well, i guess you can never be too sure. Just keep an eye out for what is genuine and whats not.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really lah, still learning and picking up. Can learn a lot from the locals and your renovation contractors/suppliers. I always try to associate with them and it works most of the time. Most of them are sociable and helpful, unlike those in Singapore, where it's the "take it or leave it" attitude. For example the owner of the shop which I bought my electrical appliances from is very helpful. She even helped me to source for my Jacuzzi and gave me the shop's address even though it's out of her product range.

Quit rent i had no idea what it means. Thanks winners and please no offence on my earlierposts . Just my views.

It's okay, everyone is entitled to his own views and opinions.

You had better go to the Pejabat Daerah Tanah Johor Bahru to inquire about your Quit Rent payment. I think nobody is exempted within the JB municipal. I heard that properties outside of JB need not to pay for this, but from which boundary onwards, I'm not sure, and needs to be verified.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not really lah, still learning and picking up. Can learn a lot from the locals and your renovation contractors/suppliers. I always try to associate with them and it works most of the time. Most of them are sociable and helpful, unlike those in Singapore, where it's the "take it or leave it" attitude. For example the owner of the shop which I bought my electrical appliances from is very helpful. She even helped me to source for my Jacuzzi and gave me the shop's address even though it's out of her product range.

It's okay, everyone is entitled to his own views and opinions.

You had better go to the Pejabat Daerah Tanah Johor Bahru to inquire about your Quit Rent payment. I think nobody is exempted within the JB municipal. I heard that properties outside of JB need not to pay for this, but from which boundary onwards, I'm not sure, and needs to be verified.

Thanks a lot for sharing Winners, you truly are a Winner with so much knowledge. :smile:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot for sharing Winners, you truly are a Winner with so much knowledge. :smile:

That is why I told my wife that after we shift over (in about 2 months time), first thing we'll do is to go for Malay language lessons and brush up on our Bahasa Melayu since we'll also have a lot of free time. It helps a lot if one is converse in their native language. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, its bungalows phase 1 is sold out. So are the rest of the other earlier terrace house released last year. I know these cause I visit the sales office very often.

NB: I don't have any interest in promoting their units. Except maybe I own a little terrace house there.:wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal

I paid my electric water and cukai harta at the telco located
Within setia tropika. They charge a negligible service fee.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the Setia (Eddy Lim)guy i posted earlier (someone i thought would be a real friend) isn't too reliable as he didn't follow up on any of things as promised on my purchases so i probably wouldn't recommend anyone going to him for houses in Setia.

He basically left me high and dry and is ALWAYS busy after selling me 2 units. I even bought one personally from him (his own unit) in HH rather than others as i trusted him and recommended friends to him for home purchases without once asking or taking any commissions.

After making from me on the house, lawyer, contractors, banks and he made twice as i bought 2, he basically disappeared after i recommended my friend to him (he bought 2 units as well).

Actually, we also had a bad experience in Horizon Hills. In December 2007, we went to HH for viewing and met this Patrick Chin K H (Senior Sales and Marketing Executive, Arapesona Development Sdn Bhd) at their site office. When we asked about viewing the showhouse, he just pointed to us and said: "You just walk straight along this road and turn right. Then the unit is at the end of it". I think their PR is really poor.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adda Height also like that. There was only 1 salesperson in their show room. When we ask to see the showroom he told us to walk to the end of the street the last unit. When we ask if deposit can be return to us if bank loan not approve, his answer was 'you should know whether your loan can be approve or not', followed by a 'you can afford' kind of face expression.

I think these developers still have a long way to go in wooing Singaporean customers with this kind of sub standard services.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, its bungalows phase 1 is sold out. So are the rest of the other earlier terrace house released last year. I know these cause I visit the sales office very often.

NB: I don't have any interest in promoting their units. Except maybe I own a little terrace house there.:wink:

Amid all the euphoria, sometimes we need to take a step back and remind ourselves that there are indeed unscrupulous characters out there. It is not uncommon that some units, especially choice ones, are "sold" (to staff/people related to the developer?) to be resold later at premium prices. Then there is this tactic to push sales for upcoming "phases" by proudly proclaiming that the previous phase was "fully sold". I'm not singling out any developer in particular but in M'sia, these things do happen.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amid all the euphoria, sometimes we need to take a step back and remind ourselves that there are indeed unscrupulous characters out there. It is not uncommon that some units, especially choice ones, are "sold" (to staff/people related to the developer?) to be resold later at premium prices. Then there is this tactic to push sales for upcoming "phases" by proudly proclaiming that the previous phase was "fully sold". I'm not singling out any developer in particular but in M'sia, these things do happen.

Perhaps it is a common thing even in Sg, when business too good service quality dropped. When I booked my first unit at HH, an indian sales staff (Premila) serve me, she did a good job, drove me in their vehicle to Golf, still in barren looking land but I ended getting Gateway after 2nd viewing with partner in tow. In my row of 10, one of the unit corner lot was already reserved before open for sales; by developer's relative , until today I don't see anyone visiting this unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.