• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
From what my lawyer told me before, for landed residential properties, foreigners can buy only 2 storeys and above, above RM250k for new ones directly from developer, or above RM350k for resale ones. Also payable will be the non-negotiable RM10k levy. Not sure though if the RM500k threshold has really started since there's also no announcement from the local media.

Thats right, the rules are pretty strict on this. Resale one die die must be above $350k RM. I just tried to be kaypo and called a few friends i know, seems it is in force but some developers may still be pretty "helpful" although the more prestigious ones are basically saying sorry.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No worries, my remarks are not directed at anyone in particular. Me also not rich to buy above half a million ringgit property that's why asking if the RM500k guideline is .. only a guide as reflected in their portal http://www.johordt.gov.my/ptkluang/v2/index.php?info&type=12#3 . According to some lawyers, foreigners can still apply to buy such properties 2-storeys above RM 250k, of course subject to approval from the State.

Hope someone here can enquire from their friendly lawyers and share

Still can get, i heard there are ways to get around it..provided you have a friendly agent or a friendly developer willing to lend a hand.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HH just called me up yesterday. They will be releasing new row of superlink house phase at golf precinct sson. Since I missed out on a corner house last weekend, they have reserved a corner lot for me:smile:. But price has increased by about 20K. But this one comes with a bigger land than the previous one.
So for those guys who are considering getting a corner terrace at HH, this is your chance.
As for me, will be going down later to put in my deposit.:smile:

Wow, scary.
Ok but still got big land, hope to see you in HH soon. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi256 I really appreciate ur patience in answering every single query. I am still surprised that there are still many skeptics who believe that a good life can be had in spore alone.

It would be absurd to believe that real estate profits can be attained in first world countries alone. For me..... I am totally supportive of living in jb. Nicer life.... More space..... Rather than being cooped up in a pigeon hole....

Comeon guys let's move on to the living in jb issues.....
Let's leave the skeptics alone.... It's hard to change the mindset of the doubting thomasses.

For one I am keen to plant pine trees arounnd my home...anyone willing to share contacts or information who could do it for me at a reasonable price??

Got a question

You can actually contact this gentleman, Mr Liu for all contracting needs including landscaping: +60 197310958. We were pretty impressed as he is the best out of all the contractors we have had used so far.

There is actually a couple of nurseries nearby, at Nusa Bestari area, right after a temple as well as 2 bigger ones still along Nusa Bestari but on the right side while enroute to Sutera Mall.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wuqi256, you are one real patient dude! As some have pointed out, sometimes its good to let go and not try to convert every single doubting Thomas. We do not need to intensify the traffic jams at checkpoints! :biggrin:

Thanks, yeah actually its true. Ok from now on, i will just focus on the day to day things for living in JB.

I showed this to a friend of mine living here and he has this to say, (hope i did justice to his words)

Those who heard and come, good for you. Those who didnt hear, i am sorry,i tried.

Those who heard, came and then cast doubts on 25 million different issues. I feel sorry for you.

Nuff said.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Just talked to my JB lawyer. He confirmed to me that the RM500k threshold for foreigner's property purchase is in force with effect from 01 July 2010, regardless of new or resale properties.

Also, for the reselling of properties to foreigners, the state consent must be obtained. This is also regardless of whether it is from foreigner to foreigner or local to foreigner. However, if reselling to a Malaysian citizen, there is no need for state consent, unless it's between a Bumi property and non-Bumi buyer.

Hope the above clears all doubts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Toyohon...

Ur absolutely right..

There are many of us who have seen the brighter side of living in malaysia.

At the moment the traffic at the causeway is manageable provided the timing is right. Why worsen it?

Also as and when the skeptics become believers expect the property prices to head furthernorth. So those of us who are contemplating getting a second property like wuqi shd do so now before prices rise further.

In fact we may even sell it to the skeptics who become late believers.

For fortune favours the BRAVE

There are always many groups, the innovators, the early adopters, the early majority, the late majority and the laggards in any market that you can think of.

Ok, as promised here are some observations and experience:

Crime - Don't wear jewellery and that 18k TT rolex or that 24k solid gold watch. Leave it in SG, for that matter since SG is no longer that safe, put it in a bank safe deposit box or something.

Be low profile, buy and drive a cheap car. Try to get a tan and wear lots of bermudas or short pants to blend in. Buy clothes from Carrefour or shops where the locals shop to help you assimilate better.

Avoid dark areas, common sense stuff really(i know, a lot of people don't have common sense. Especially when they relate that they got robbed while in a dark lane in a night club area wearing lots of gold rings and branded apparel and decided to go to the backlane for a smoke. My friend, what you wouldn't do in seedy areas in Singapore, you should also not do in JB or any other country for that matter.

Johor Jaya near first link, Queen Park or Huang Hou area near Perling are places to avoid ALTHOUGH they have very good food.

If you like seafood, there are some near Taman Laguna but at night, refrain from travelling alone, go with friends and in two cars if possible.

Go to Carrefour or Giant and get that steering lock which looks like a baseball bat, it has bad balance but good deterence value.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some numbers to share:

DIY Hardware shop - They have paint as well as glass cutting services and customized windows, its also a hardware shop:

+60 16 7179830

Some useful numbers to share, please note this some are in first link area like in the case of the lawyers, etc. Others like gas are mainly serving the HH area. Dominos Pizza, etc are mainly serving areas near Nusa Bestari

Dominos Pizza

Kenny Rogers

KFC
+60320263388

MacDonalds

Pizza Hut

Canadian Pizza

Lawyers
Syed Alwi
+60 72249128

SC Teh & Azura Lawyers
+60 72242624

All in Contractor (Landscaping to electricity to wetworks, kitchen cabinets)
Decoline - Look for Mr Liu
+60197310958

Aircon - Kah Seng
+6073511610

Gas delivery
+60 72344551

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

Just talked to my JB lawyer. He confirmed to me that the RM500k threshold for foreigner's property purchase is in force with effect from 01 July 2010, regardless of new or resale properties.

Also, for the reselling of properties to foreigners, the state consent must be obtained. This is also regardless of whether it is from foreigner to foreigner or local to foreigner. However, if reselling to a Malaysian citizen, there is no need for state consent, unless it's between a Bumi property and non-Bumi buyer.

Many thanks for this, this is very useful to all bros here. :smile:
One thing i experienced, state consent sometimes takes a very long time to get(few months)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, there are 3 dim sum places near HH. One is in Perling area, one is behind Petronas near Nusa Bestari and one is at the big coffeeshop outside of HH.

There are also 4 coffeeshops in the area that does delivery from 4pm to 1.30am in the morning. Delivery charge is only 1 RM!!

Fast and good, once the delivery man broke a packet of tea whilst delivery, in the end sent us 2 packets free.

Satay at the coffeeshop is great, opens until 11pm though. If you have a craving for satay, near the Ambank side (opposite the Ali cafe) they have a coffeeshop which closes at 1am which sometimes still have satay. Ali cafe has doable satay too. Behind Ali cafe, in another row, a new Nonya place has opened, not bad the food.

For good traditional chinese food and with herbal/medicinal value, good for health stuff, look no further than the popular YS hamper. Cheap and good.

Also you can try out the Toast & Toast at the Perling side, near the Shell Petrol station. Good coffee and toast.

For a taste of Thai food, you can visit the restaurant(cheap and good) after passing the Giant, just keep left and turn left into the row of doublestorey shop houses.

Its in the same row as Trendy Lighting as well as a good money changer (both will give you better rates than adverstised)

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Satay at the coffeeshop is great, opens until 11pm though. If you have a craving for satay, near the Ambank side (opposite the Ali cafe) they have a coffeeshop which closes at 1am which sometimes still have satay. Ali cafe has doable satay too. Behind Ali cafe, in another row, a new Nonya place has opened, not bad the food.

For good traditional chinese food and with herbal/medicinal value, good for health stuff, look no further than the popular YS hamper. Cheap and good.

Also you can try out the Toast & Toast at the Perling side, near the Shell Petrol station. Good coffee and toast.

For a taste of Thai food, you can visit the restaurant(cheap and good) after passing the Giant, just keep left and turn left into the row of doublestorey shop houses.

Its in the same row as Trendy Lighting as well as a good money changer (both will give you better rates than adverstised)

Wuqi,
you need to come up with a makan guide with map around HH lah. Gluttony is SG favorite passtime and we are spoon fed from young , not good with find your own answer. Makansutra style of grading would be good, ex how many chopstick out of 10 ? 10 being die die must try ! Thks for all the tips !

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

For foodies, maybe you guys might like to try Robo's blog:

http://j-travel.blogspot.com/

Lots of recommended makan places in Johor, Malaysia and neighbouring regions as well. Subscribe to his blog and get updates. He's now in Bali Beach with his family I think.

I've tried a few of his recommendations like bak-kut-teh, nonya dishes, makanan laut, etc. Some okay, some better. Up to one's tastes.

Cheers.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called sp setias setia tropika office. They told me that they have stopped selling at less than 500k to foreigners. Not sure if it's a marketing gi
mmick or really true

From what my lawyer told me before, for landed residential properties, foreigners can buy only 2 storeys and above, above RM250k for new ones directly from developer, or above RM350k for resale ones. Also payable will be the non-negotiable RM10k levy. Not sure though if the RM500k threshold has really started since there's also no announcement from the local media.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks for this, this is very useful to all bros here. :smile:
One thing i experienced, state consent sometimes takes a very long time to get(few months)

I was lucky as I got mine within 3 weeks. Even my lawyer was surprised. Not too sure why, but maybe my MM2H status may have helped on that?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called sp setias setia tropika office. They told me that they have stopped selling at less than 500k to foreigners. Not sure if it's a marketing gi
mmick or really true

It's already in force since 01 July 2010. See my post below:

Hi all,

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
mmick or really true

Its true. Sp Setia kept pushing the Setia Tropika's units in their Singapore office until the last minutes. Loads of Singaporean went in by coach catered by them. I happen to be in the sales office and felt the sense of urgency. I think they will build bigger house costing more than 500Ks in their future launch since the bulk of their customers are Singaporeans. I'm also one of them. :wink:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my friends' friend actually pestered me to arrange for site viewing. Then don't know why back off. The reason she gave was 500K also still quite cheap, so whats the hurry?

I think sceptics are still all over. The herd mentality will catch up with them sooner or later. But not before I bought somemore units...buakhahahaha.....!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I was lucky as I got mine within 3 weeks. Even my lawyer was surprised. Not too sure why, but maybe my MM2H status may have helped on that?

Oh good for you, ah i see. I think that would definitely make it different.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One of my friends' friend actually pestered me to arrange for site viewing. Then don't know why back off. The reason she gave was 500K also still quite cheap, so whats the hurry?

I think sceptics are still all over. The herd mentality will catch up with them sooner or later. But not before I bought somemore units...buakhahahaha.....!

Oh i see, meat for one may be regarded as poison for another i guess. Some folks are so risk adverse that they will never consider buying more than a standard property here yet others think nothing of splashing more than 500k and thinking its quite cheap. All this in the same country! :smile:

Yes, i agree, things are moving, surprising even both doubters and pioneers alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.