• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Perhaps those who had visited the property sales office over the weekend can update on the 500k threshold? Since 1st Jul 2010 has come and gone, there's still no press reports on either side on the implementation. Has it been shelved again?

I most definitely hope it will be shelved! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went HH today. Corner terrac at Hills cost 768k. Went KSL city. Apartment at high floor cost 1 mil.

Oh yes, someone working in a mega bank just bought one last week. He and his 2 other colleagues are forming a mini bank committee here. One Malaysian working in SG and another 2 are Singaporeans getting their dream home here. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What a disappointing day.
firstly, my argentina lost.
secondly, thought I would be owner of a corner superlink house at HH Golf precinct today. Well, someone came just few hours before me and took that unit. sob..sob..

I am sorry to hear that although i don't watch football much. :(
You have to move fast, its really moving fast and buyers are (quite a surprise) not just guys from Singapore. I was driving my friends around, saw quite a few caucasians driving around in SG registered cars. Quite a few of them, even saw them later at Tesco.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes no diff whether implemented or not coz all the units are now priced above RM$500K. It is almost impossible to find any that are priced below RM$500K. :rolleyes:

If you look beyond Horizon Hill and its surrounding area, currently the favourite
Singaporean property hunting ground, there are definitely properties below RM500K. Johor or for that matter IDR alone is 3 times the size of Singapore.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sister less than 3 weeks ago, friend less than 1 month so they all made it in. :smile:

I couldn't help 2 colleagues as they came and even at first was very cocky saying that their relatives and friends had told them anyone could buy and no one would buy in JB. When they went around last weekend and saw "sold out", i guess it made them see sense. I heard from my neighbour(a very very nice Malaysian old gent who is fiercely hunting housing bargains now) that even Nusa Idaman was largely sold out and their showhouse was taken already.

I really find it hard to believe the property fever there , is that just a few particular projects ? I spoke to air-con contractor and he is said these price are not sustainable for the average Msian and quite definitely push up because of foreigners demand ;mostly Singaporean.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its cheaper even in Kulai, i don't see this for all properties here, only for a few developments.

Yes, i was surprised too, in fact, 6 months ago, people were telling me my semi-d, costing 800k was unrealistic as they could get a semi-d in Perling for 350k-400k. Then local people were telling my friends, don't buy a terrace at 350k or a cluster at 450k. Now these are not only all sold out but funny thing is the locals themselves who told us not to buy, turns out that they bought!!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I checked with a few sales offices. The rule has been implemented.

There are units priced below 500k with reputed developers too.... Just that you cant buy unless you are Malaysian or if they do not implement the 500k rule....

Lots of decent developments look around rather hunt around and you will find...

Makes no diff whether implemented or not coz all the units are now priced above RM$500K. It is almost impossible to find any that are priced below RM$500K. :rolleyes:

Perhaps those who had visited the property sales office over the weekend can update on the 500k threshold? Since 1st Jul 2010 has come and gone, there's still no press reports on either side on the implementation. Has it been shelved again?

Tuapehkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering how long this fever can last. Before buying, why don't we asked ourselves again at the possible consequences... Najib went down. Another MM came along. Racial riot came in and you hv all the mobs surrounding yr poor HH (Can you remember what happen to the Batam Shipyard when one person said the wrong thing). What are you going to do? It is the biggest and most prominent Sgp target and also the easiest to invoke fear into Singaporean without stepping into Sgp soil. Subsequently, yr 500K is worth nothing.
If 3 months later, Najib change his mind on the land swap then what?
Also, too many ppl think of renting. Is that such as a big rental market there? The affordability is not there anymore. Most of all, what is your exit plan when you do not need the property anymore. Who are you going to sell to?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering how long this fever can last. Before buying, why don't we asked ourselves again at the possible consequences... Najib went down. Another MM came along. Racial riot came in and you hv all the mobs surrounding yr poor HH (Can you remember what happen to the Batam Shipyard when one person said the wrong thing). What are you going to do? It is the biggest and most prominent Sgp target and also the easiest to invoke fear into Singaporean without stepping into Sgp soil. Subsequently, yr 500K is worth nothing.
Also, too many ppl think of renting. Is that such as a big rental market there? The affordability is not there anymore. Most of all, what is your exit plan when you do not need the property anymore. Who are you going to sell to?

Its a good question. And now the answers?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup, you're right. Malaysia, especially JB is NOT for everybody.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went with a cousin and his friend yesterday coz the friend wanted to buy a unit there. KNN few months ago my auntie rejected this terrace unit which was priced at RM378K back then as she chose another semi-D corner unit. Yesterday's price for the same terrace unit was RM550K ! :mad: But my cousin's friend still lan lan took up that unit coz no more others along that row.

If ur cousin/frd are foreigners/singaporeans, whether int or corner terraces, the price have to be above RM500K wef 1 July. They should have settle for corner terraces. But I suppose they have their reasons to pick tat intermediate unit.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a good question. And now the answers?

do you have a crystalball ? No need to forecast and predict. What about the same thing in SG, when old man kick the bucket (also very possible ) and the son under stress and the domant cancer cell back to haunt him. Then what ?
If anyone hoping for quick profit I think you should stay away from Msian ppty. If you looking for lowering cost in your twilight year, stay away from crowd (not sure how long with more SG buyers) can consider lah.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good one TuaPehKong, i have looked at the questions previously as i have considered them before.

You are certainly entitled to your views and continue to stay in Singapore. There is certainly nothing that can go wrong in SG, but everywhere else in the world is dangerous and bad.

Your views were exactly what i held one year ago. I hated the place(JB), very wary of the racial considerations as well as crime rate. I have been here more than 8-9 months now, so far so good.

I came out here and stayed and spoke to the folks. From what i understand after speaking to lots of folks here is, the groups that caused the May 13 riots were mainly in the KL/Selangor area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_13_incident

Its important to understand here that is NO GUARANTEE in life, only 2 things are death and taxes.

If you would recall, Singapore were not spared from Racial riots either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Hertogh_riots (1950)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Race_Riots_of_Singapore (1969)

The folks here in JB never had much issues, in fact, the last Sultan here personally led his army to stop the troops from KL.

Taken from another post(hope the person who posted this don't mind):
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?p=388251

"After May 13, many Chinese lorry drivers were roughed up and beaten, by Malays troops manning roadblocks on Johor roads. The drivers complained to Mahmood. He went and investigated, accompanied by members of the Johor Regiment and some lorry drivers.When he saw what happened at a roadblock,he had the federal troops disarmed by Johor regiment troops.He then told the drivers , tit for tat.Mahmood asked his father to have all federal troops out of Johor

Finally, why Johor was spared of may13 riot. Mahmood told the Malay penghulus and Chinese and Indian community leaders to control their people emotion.If the leaders can't control the people , step down and let others do the the job.If any riot broke out, he would held the community leaders responsible and he would personally shot(executed???) in front of their people."

The rioting in Batam is unfortunate and put it this way, remember the 1998 racial riots in Indonesia? Please point me to the last major race riot in Singapore and Johor? Folks here are a little different from the folks in Indonesia. I have friends here who escaped from Jakarta to MY and they told me, after living here for decades that its much better than in their homeland.

Look at it this way, even the folks far away in KL, now have vested interests in property, etc and stands to lose lots if they do another riot, this versus the folks in Batam who basically has nothing to lose. Racial harmony and the consequences of what happens when it is not maintained will happen anywhere.

The fact that most of these people are now middle class, educated and have lots to lose is itself a certain level of deterrent.

I am really sorry, angry mobs (unless zombies??) would be very unlikely and why would they target the very thing they have a share or stake in? HH is also very defendable, a few trained professionals at certain choke points could do it as its on a hill. :smile:

Of course, things may still happen, thats why i said no guarantee, no one can guarantee what will happen. It is exactly for this reason that houses already built would cost much more than those still in foundation stage.

I would rather take a risk, long term wise, most of the houses are for the kids anyway and rental opportunities are good. For example, if one year ago, someone told me a fully furnished semi-d is renting out for $7000 here RM, i would never have believed it. Now it seems all the previously expectations are again different.

Folks would have laughed straight out at us just 3 months ago if i told them one day a terrace would be worth more than 700k here today.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No risk no gain. But if worry so much, then just touch & go. Dont hold on too long lor..:rolleyes:

Agree whoami, in life its always:

No risk - No gain
Some risk - Some gain
High risk - High gain

We only live once, rather than stay in Singapore complaining every day yet doing nothing, expecting a fairy godfather/mother or God to help. Might as well do something now rather than wait and regret when you are old and banks don't even want to loan you.

Thats when its too late. I would rather do something and at least if it doesn't work out, i would have already tried. Not for doing nothing and regretting my inaction and what could have been.

My elder sis could have save a lot if she listened to me 8 months ago, 4 months ago, i reminded again, then monthly until she finally saw her colleagues buying then she listened to me. By this time, the price difference is about 65-85k.

She listened to the detractors who held a lot of negative views and the more you share with them the more doubts they have. Then the funny thing is, these are the very same people who went behind her and make enquiries and bought before she did! Funny people.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree whoami, in life its always:

No risk - No gain
Some risk - Some gain
High risk - High gain

We only live once, rather than stay in Singapore complaining every day yet doing nothing, expecting a fairy godfather/mother or God to help. Might as well do something now rather than wait and regret when you are old and banks don't even want to loan you.

Thats when its too late. I would rather do something and at least if it doesn't work out, i would have already tried. Not for doing nothing and regretting my inaction and what could have been.

My elder sis could have save a lot if she listened to me 8 months ago, 4 months ago, i reminded again, then monthly until she finally saw her colleagues buying then she listened to me. By this time, the price difference is about 65-85k.

She listened to the detractors who held a lot of negative views and the more you share with them the more doubts they have. Then the funny thing is, these are the very same people who went behind her and make enquiries and bought before she did! Funny people.

People who succeed are people who fail a dozen times. Not for those who just wants to be safe and comfortable.:rolleyes:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
do you have a crystalball ? No need to forecast and predict. What about the same thing in SG, when old man kick the bucket (also very possible ) and the son under stress and the domant cancer cell back to haunt him. Then what ?
If anyone hoping for quick profit I think you should stay away from Msian ppty. If you looking for lowering cost in your twilight year, stay away from crowd (not sure how long with more SG buyers) can consider lah.

True, in life nothing is guaranteed. No one in Singapore can guarantee too. Even the tv we have in our home only has warranty, no longer the guarantee.

Nowadays, our first class country cannot be expected to guarantee no major flooding, MRT issues as well as escaping of terrorists etc. Who would have thought? But then what happened?

Yes, very true quick profit (flipping = no) but there is value here.

The houses here are at least 50% below (ok used to) KL prices. Looks like its beginning to catch up.

Actually, not only SG buyers are in the market now, seems there are people who already got in long before a lot of us removed our blinkers.

Funny, i recently even had a question from someone who asked me how i could guarantee her safety from a CW3 bus to a car, i remember telling her, if you cannot even take the risk of walking 5 metres in a crowded car park, then don't even venture out of your home. Wear a suit of armour or something.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
People who succeed are people who fail a dozen times. Not for those who just wants to be safe and comfortable.:rolleyes:

Thanks, I definitely think so, we have this stupid culture of fearing failure, to the point of inaction. Analysed too much and in the end got Paralysed.

Yes, safe and comfortable yet lambasting the government and unfortunately not taking any affirmative action through migration or having any feasible long term plans.

This is from what an elderly friend who shared this with me:

The minute you ask them to walk out, they will say but what if i fall?
They walk out gingerly looking for landmines and in the end bump their heads against a tree.

Look ahead, look far and look near.
His advice to me was.

Now, looking back, i realised my father in law was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.