• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, there are 2 dim sum nearby, 1 located at nusa bestari (near to thai massage) and another 1 located at nusa bestari jaya (beside petronas).

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros, how abt those by ioijohor? worth?

IOI johor has 3 properties located at Kempas, Kulai and Segamat. I believe you are interested in Kempas Utama which is closer to DT and just beside the NS highway.

The selling price is relatively cheap as compared to the properties nearby, such as Setia Tropika and Impian Emas. However, there are some cons about this area, such as the electric cable, industrial estate.

Just my 2 cents worth. :smile:

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to view houses over the weekend at Nusa Idaman and just to share some findings and photos with bros here.

1. Nusa Idaman

Safety/Security:

1.Main entrance guardhouse not ready yet. Only individual precincts have guardhouse. As each precincts have hundreds of houses, security may be an issue as human traffic will be large compared to Horizon hills where the guards can easily recognize residents.

2.Perimeter and house fences have really low height which is insufficient to keep out intruders. Was advised by agent to install grills on all windows which is a big turn-off for me as window grills make the house feels like a jail cell.

Proximity to amenities:

1. The development is new and currently only 3-4precincts have been completed. There is a cluster of shops nearby but not within walking distance. Jusco is about 5mins drive away as there is a long and winding road to the entrance.

Current launches: Courtyard 2 and Impiana.

1. House Types: 2 Storey Terrace, 1867sqft to 2415sqft,

2. Facilities: Playground, park. No clubhouse, swimming pool etc.

3. Cost : RM 300K to RM450K. (detailed price list can be obtained from the showroom.)

View attachment 1234
Precinct 6 Entrance

View attachment 1235
View from outside main entrance

View attachment 1236
House beside main entrance. Notice how low the fences are.

View attachment 1237
Playground and Park within the precinct

View attachment 1238
House, RM330k.

Hey bro, thanks for your sharing.

A lot of malays are living there. Hence, they will build a giant mosque there. lol..free daily morning call...won't be late for work.

Besides, I also observed that the security has to be enhanced as that area is not using access card for security control.

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

This is based on my own observation (as unbiased as possible) from visiting a few gated properties here, your own views and findings may differ, all pricing are estimates:

(Based on 1 star to 5 star where one is lowest, all pricing in ringgit)

Taman Laguna
Relative Safety: 3
Proximity to SG: 3 (2nd link mainly)
Proximity to amenities: 3
Security: 3 (As only 1 guard house but with cameras)
Materials: 3.3
Cost:400 to 500k
Type: Double story Terrace
Facilities: Playground
Pros: Near to seafood village with cheap and very nice/fresh seafood, spacious halls and living area, lots of land. Very high ceilings.
Cons: Relatively rural part with development going on, very dark and only 1 access road at night(but may be changed)

Casa Almyra
Relative Safety: 3.2
Proximity to SG: 3.2
Security: 3.5
Materials: 3-4.2
Cost: 500 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Semi-Ds, 2 storeys
Pros: Next to the river, some with own jetty. Nearby to small shops
Cons: Materials may vary,bad smell from the river, small winding road in

Setia (Nearest to 2nd link as there are many Setia developments)
Proximity to SG: 3
Proximity to amenities: 3.5
Security: 3
Materials: 3.2
Cost: 400 plus to over million
Type: Mix, 2 storeys
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, price is slightly high but still reasonable. Solid developer
Cons: Some areas are next to highway so maybe a bit noisy, materials so so but contractor response to defects are good

Sutera Utama/Taman Sutera (Referring to new and just finished development)
Relative Safety: 3.5
Proximity to SG: 3 (Can either go by first or 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Lots of shops nearby Sutera Mall, Carrefour)
Security: 3.2 (Some incidences reported thus lower rating)
Materials: 3.8 to 4
Cost:500 to over million
Type: Mix type, 2 - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground
Pros: Proximity to Nusa Bestari and shopping areas, Carrfour, airy and nice. SG involved in development
Cons: A lot of heavy traffic around the area, air quality so so. Heavy traffic in Nusa Bestari area especially during rush hour

Mont Calista
Relative Safety: 4.5 (Gurkhas equipped and refused us access in the evening)
Proximity to SG: 3 (Can either go by first or 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Giant and Jusco nearby)
Security: 4.5 (Highest ground in Pulai with good security)
Materials: 3.5
Cost:630 to 900k
Type: Semi-D, 2.5( basement) - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground, gym, jogging track and soon likely a swimming pool
Pros: Very high ground, nice views in some of the units, very large rooms, high walls and ceilings, suitable for retirement
Cons: Right next to low cost housing and some factories.

Nusa Idaman
Proximity to SG: 3.5
Security: 3
Materials: 3.2
Cost: 300-400 plus to over million
Type: Terrace, 2 storeys
Facilities: Playground, childcare
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, nearby to small shops, coffeeshops
Cons: Lonely road to access the area, a bit of a drive to reach shopping

East Ledang (Most of the below security findings applies to Leisure Farm too)
Relative Safety: 3 (Fatal shooting occured nearby, isolated, lonely and dark road at night)
Proximity to SG: 5 (Arguably nearest to 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 1 (Not developed yet)
Security: 3.5
Materials: 4.5-5 (Very nice materials)
Cost:1.2 million to 2.3 million
Type: Mostly bungalow or Semi-D, 2 storeys
Facilities: Clubhouse, Playground, Childcare, very near to Puteri Habour
Pros: Quiet, peaceful, security panic button built in for fast response, very very big rooms and toilets and living area. Good air quality. High ceiling, near to Puteri Habour and also the Kota Iskandar government area. Full parquet and nice window shades
Cons: External security concerns and lack of amenities coupled with the high price tag

D'Grande
Relative Safety: 4.3
Proximity to SG: 3.6
Proximity to amenities: 4.5
Security: 4
Materials: 3.8 to 4.2
Cost: 500-600 plus to over million
Type: Mix, 2 storeys
Facilities: Childcare
Pros: High ground, high outer walls nearby to small shops, coffeeshops, Jusco Tesco Giant, anti-termite treatment
Cons: Lonely road when driving in, next to a couple of old developments

Horizon Hills
Relative Safety: 4.8
Proximity to SG: 3.5
Proximity to amenities: 4.4
Security: 4.8
Materials: 4 to 4.5
Cost: 300 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Mix, 2-3 storeys
Facilities: Golf resort, swimming pool, gym, air-conditioned playground, ballroom
Pros: Very high ground, solid security, nearby to many shops, Jusco, Tesco, Giant. Golf resort, anti-termite treatment
Cons: High price compared to some of the other developments, smaller lot/units size as compared to some of the others.
No balcony for a some of the units so need to do your own

Thanks bro wuqi for your sharing.

There are some more housing estate nearby (still under development) such as Nusa Duta, D'serambi, Bandar Uda Utama, Nusa Indah, Nusa Bestari (last phase), Setia Eco Garden, Mutiara Rini, Mutiara Mas, Skudai Indah 2, Flora Ville, Sri Pulai Perdana 2, etc. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro wuqi for your sharing.

There are some more housing estate nearby (still under development) such as Nusa Duta, D'serambi, Bandar Uda Utama, Nusa Indah, Nusa Bestari (last phase), Setia Eco Garden, Mutiara Rini, Mutiara Mas, Skudai Indah 2, Flora Ville, Sri Pulai Perdana 2, etc. :smile:

Thanks for sharing, Nusa Duta is physically close by, near Alliance Bank but its a bit low lying for me. Its pretty near to power cables, quite near to Flora Ville, i would not go for either.

As a rule, i avoid places which are near high tension cables, storm drains or large drains, etc.

As you seem to know the place very very well, could you help everyone by sharing more on the other properties you have mentioned for the benefit of the folks here.

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Duta:

1. Strategic location, close to various amenities (hypermarkets, restaurants, banks, petrol kiosk, police stations, etc)
- 1-2 mins walking distance to GIANT
- 2-3 mins walking distance to TESCO
- 5-8 mins walking distance to JUSCO
- 2-3 mins driving distance to coastal highway

2. Brand new housing estate with gated and guarded facilities
- mainly cluster houses, semi-Ds and bunglows only (less than 100 units of link houses)

D'serambi:

1. Close to amenities (shops, schools, banks, etc)

2. Part of Tmn Perling development with gated and guarded facilities.

3. Only spacious link houses are available
- Two types of land size : 22' x 80' or 24' x 80'

Bandar Uda Utama

1. The residents are mainly malays.

2. Easy access to Tmn Perling

Nusa Indah

1. Located beside JB parkway, easy access to 2nd link and NS highway.

2. COLUMBIA ASIA hospital is just opposite the precint (within walking distance)

3. Easy access to amenities (mainly located at Bukit Indah and Nusa Bestari)

Nusa Bestari (last phase)

1. Cluster houses or Semi-Ds/bunglows will be launched in this precint.

2. Located beside JB parkway.

3. Close to various amenities (hypermarkets, restaurants, banks, petrol kiosk, police stations, etc)

Setia Eco Garden

1. Green environment.

2. Hypermarket might be available in the future.

3. Closer to 2nd link but quite far away from JB DT.

4. Closer to high tension cable and its main station.

Just my 2 cents worth. More information will be shared later. :smile:

Last edited:

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Duta:

1. Strategic location, close to various amenities (hypermarkets, restaurants, banks, petrol kiosk, police stations, etc)

2. Brand new housing estate with gated and guarded facilities
- mainly cluster houses, semi-Ds and bunglows only (less than 100 units of link houses)

Bro, how long the distance fm Nusa Duta to JB custom?

Looks like I am too late now cos the 500K kicking in couple of weeks time. :o

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how long the distance fm Nusa Duta to JB custom?

Looks like I am too late now cos the 500K kicking in couple of weeks time. :o

Hi bro, the distance from JB custom to Nusa Duta is about 15mins. I believe the travel time will be shortened to 5-10mins after completion of coastal highway. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro, the distance from JB custom to Nusa Duta is about 15mins. I believe the travel time will be shortened to 5-10mins after completion of coastal highway. :smile:

Kenron is right, its very near and located near the new Ali cafe where amenities are aplenty.

I went to look around this evening, of all the locations that Kenron listed, Nusa Duta would be probably the most convenient in terms of location although its not too far from high tension cables but doable. Its slightly better than Nusa Bestari as you can avoid some jams.

I personally would not go for Nusa Duta given the proximity to the cables but if you choose somewhere further in, then it should be fine. Nusa Indah is a bit quiet but still ok. Nusa Bestari is good but a bit too busy for my preference.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This evening, i also went to a place near the Straits View and Danga Bay, its called Residence at the Peak. Wowed by the sea view and the sheer spaciousness of the place. From high 6000 sqft to about 10,000 plus built up. 3-4 storey with own private lift and comes equipped with large car porch, swimming pools and ponds for koi.

Can even request to change the layout, etc inside, pretty exclusive too, only 12 units and most are already bought by Canadians and Singaporeans. Not even ready yet(2012) and already only 4 units left. The toilet for the master bedroom is like the size of a 5 room flat hall, the maid room is bigger than most people's bedroom and has its own balcony.

There are 3-4 halls depending on the layout and every unit is unique. My wife was especially impressed with the walk in wardrobe, its the size of another 5 room hdb living room. All rooms have attached toilets, 7 rooms on average excluding maid room.

One of my colleagues is considering but the price tag is too high for me at 6.4 million RM for the corner one with seaview. The cheapest one is about 3.6 million without seaview. What was funny was one could make phone calls using M1/Singtel without roaming as you could receive pretty strong signals from the location. The proximity to the Marina at the Danga Bay as well as the seaviews and to the first link and JB town (while not having the noise/pollution are really nice)

Swimming pool is small though for most units though car porch size quite ok (car porch fits 4-6 cars with some having long driveway)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For the location below, its ok but i tend to avoid Perling as its a mixed bag, some parts are good and some pretty bad(with break ins,etc).

D'serambi:

1. Close to amenities (shops, schools, banks, etc)

2. Part of Tmn Perling development with gated and guarded facilities.

3. Only spacious link houses are available
- Two types of land size : 22' x 80' or 24' x 80'

Bandar Uda Utama

1. The residents are mainly malays.
Wuqi256: Actually the Malays are pretty ok, most are nice and friendly so i never had any issues with them

2. Easy access to Tmn Perling

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

What are the banks recommended for m'sia home loan? or the criteria is based on which bank offers the best interest rate , atm availability, etc?

Dicktamby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi

Thanks for the wonderful thread.
I have visited HH twice and happy
with the location. :smile:
Tried to PM u but yr inbox its full::smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

What are the banks recommended for m'sia home loan? or the criteria is based on which bank offers the best interest rate , atm availability, etc?

There are actually a lot of banks to choose from, some are familiar to most of us:

http://www.meshio.com/base-lending-rate/

1 Affin Bank Berhad 18/05/2010 6.05
2 Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad 18/05/2010 6.05
3 AmBank (M) Berhad 19/05/2010 6.05
4 Bangkok Bank Berhad 19/05/2010 6.05
5 Bank of America Malaysia Berhad 20/05/2010 6.05
6 Bank of China (Malaysia) Berhad 19/05/2010 6.05
7 Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad 19/05/2010 5.75
8 CIMB Bank Berhad 18/05/2010 6.05
9 Citibank Berhad 19/05/2010 6.05
10 Deutsche Bank (Malaysia) Berhad 21/05/2010 6.05
11 EON Bank Berhad 19/05/2010 6.05