PDA

View Full Version : Living in JB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Malaysia tops in terms of safety
The Star/Asia News Network
Wed, Jun 15, 2011

By Shaila Koshy

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia ranked first among 19 upper-middle income countries in terms of safety but came in second to last globally on its human rights record.

"The country is safe, ranking top among 19 income peers and on par with (high income) countries such as France and Belgium.

"However, abuses by the police still occur," the World Justice Project's (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2011 report, released on Monday, stated.

Out of 66 countries, Malaysia at 12th place also beat the United States (13th) and Britain (14th) in terms of safety.

"The index measures how laws are implemented and enforced in practice and affect people's lives," said WJP Rule of Law Index director Juan Botero.

WJP executive director Hongxia Liu said achieving the rule of law was a constant challenge and "a work in progress" in all countries, adding: "The Index is not designed to shame or blame but to provide useful reference points for countries in the same regions with comparable legal cultures and similar income levels. The sub-factors in each factor in the Index was scored between 0' (lowest) and 1' (highest)."

The Order and Security factor was based on the sub-factors of how civil conflict is effectively limited, absence of crime and people not resorting to violence to redress grievances Malaysia scored 1 for the first and over 0.5 for the latter two.

The Fundamental Rights factor was based on the sub-factors of equal treatment and absence of discrimination, right to life and security, due process, fundamental labour rights, freedom of opinion/expression/belief/religion, arbitrary interference of privacy, and freedom of assembly and association.

Malaysia scored slightly more than 0.5 for the first four but well below 0.5 for the freedoms and privacy sub-factors.

The report stated that Malaysia presented a "contrasting view as with many other countries in the East Asia and Pacific region."

The Government was "reasonably accountable" in comparison with its income peers "although corruption, political interference, and impunity still exist", it added.

While the judiciary and police/military scored above 0.5 for absence of corruption, the Executive scraped it at 0.5.

The other countries in the upper-middle income group include Albania, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Iran, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and Venezuela.

Noting that the efficiency and transparency of government agencies could still improve, the report recommended that efforts be made in the area of access to civil justice where Malaysia ranked 44th globally and 14th in the upper-middle income group.

vincentck
15-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi
It thot spore or pr cannot drive into spore in my reg car?

Narmi, you're right. Singaporean or SPR cannot drive a MY car into Singapore. I am neither... yet

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 04:27 PM
And for those of us who have been debating Singaporean Girls vs Malaysian Girls maybe the professor from SMU has an answer ???

So maybe we gotta look for Pinays/Indos/Thais/Cambodians/Laos/Tribals next time

S’pore girls are materialistic: SMU study

A new research has shown that Singaporean women are "significantly" more materialistic than their American peers. Published earlier this year, the study by Singapore Management University (SMU) psychology professor Norman Li surveyed about 400 psychology students aged between 19 and 21.
The local females polled an average of 3.98, compared to the American women's score of 3.74. The closer the score is to five, the more materialistic one is deemed to be.
Survey findings also named a man's social status as the top criterion for Singaporean women when it comes to looking for a potential spouse, reported The Straits Times. Next on the list is kindness, followed by a lively personality. On the contrary, American women valued kindness the most, followed by looks, then a man's social standing.
While the study did not ask respondents for the reasons behind their answers, Professor Li said he is not surprised by the findings.
"Maybe Singaporean women are just being realistic. Here, you need a lot of money to survive and afford an affluent lifestyle. Maybe they are just being practical," said the 45-year-old American-born Chinese.
Those surveyed were students at SMU and the Northen Illinois University in the United States. They were surveyed on their attitudes towards marriage, children and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner.
"I think it is reasonable," said 22-year-old undergraduate from National Technological University, Valerie Fong.
"Social status is parallel to money, and having that is like a validation from other people. It makes you feel good because others will approve of you. That and social comparison too, I guess."
"It is not a must but if you happen to chance upon one, why not? If you get a choice, you can certainly place yourself in an environment," she added.
"I guess that's true when you're looking for a husband, financial stability is definitely important," agreed Lydia Chan, 27, sales associate.
"But at the end of the day, money is not going to guarantee you a happy marriage unless you're seeking materialistic gains," she warned.
Other women Yahoo! Singapore spoke to were quick to disagree.
"I'm afraid I'm still old fashioned and traditional, but personality and kindness come first for me," shared Sharon Lim, 23, HR officer.
Said Deborah Tan, 23, an undergraduate, "I don't think the study reflects female students as a whole and it is unfair if it does. I think we have moved past materialism. To me, it does not have any meaning other than superficiality and shallowness which is what girls don't want to be associated with."
Lim Yan Han, 22, also agreed that the results are not representative.
"This is not something new," said the final-year National University of Singapore psychology student. "The findings back up the evolution theory that says men look for attractive women while women look for successful men."
"But what's the use of having a spouse who's a high flyer at work but doesn't communicate with you and instead, cares only about himself or his work?"
Professor Li's research found no major differences when it comes to men's preferences, however. His findings showed that looks remain the most important trait in a spouse for both Singaporean and American men, before kindness and a lively personality.
"Men are wired to go for looks," he explained, adding that a woman's physical attractiveness is a visual cue for fertility. Features such as "soft skin, full-looking lips and colourful cheeks" are not just attractive, but also associated with youth, which indicates a woman's fertility. That is why men tend to go for younger women, he added.

vincentck
15-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Wah sad... Price drop so much? When I got mine it was almost same price as the 2.0!!!

If driving alot of city, Prius uses less petrol than the civic hybrid. Highway about the same for both.

Next week going to try go up Cameron in one tank. Last time reach simpang pulai with 1/4 left, quickly go pump.
Bought mine in Aug 2009, a bit more expensive than the Civic 1.8... it was the same price as a 1.6 after the COE went up, and now it's no longer sold by Kah Motors. The new Prius is 1.8 and saves more fuel than Civic Hybrid for city and highway driving. Wah, you managed SG-Simpang Pulai in 3/4 tank... you must have been driving less than 120km/hr. When i tried that once, i managed to hit 700+km for a full tank.... 17km/l

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Thankfully GY not gunning for Presidents Chair.

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 04:30 PM
And here is a story about Malaysian women!!!:*::*:

M'sian man wants divorce because he is sex-starved

By News Desk in Petaling Jaya/The Star | ANN – Tue, Jun 14, 2011

Petaling Jaya (The Star/ANN) - A Malaysian man wants a divorce after claiming that his 37-year-old wife is sexually frigid and that they had sex less than 20 times in 10 years of marriage, reported Malaysian newspaper China Press.
The man, who declined to be named, said they had sex for the first time two years after their marriage.
"She always finds an excuse to reject me. I did consider her feelings in the beginning.
"But now, I need sex so I am having an affair," he said, adding that the couple had been sleeping in separate rooms for the last three years.
He promised to take care of her and their three children aged between 21 months and seven years after the divorce.
However, the wife, who held a press conference at Federal Territory Gerakan in Kuala Lumpur, claimed the man wanted a divorce in order to marry his Chinese national girlfriend, whom he met online two years ago.
The woman, who is a sales coordinator, said she found out about her husband's affair after giving birth to her youngest son.
"He was having an affair with a local woman then. But I chose to forgive him after he terminated the relationship with the woman," she said, adding that he then had an affair with the Chinese national.
She said she was willing to divorce him on condition that he continued to pay the children's education fees and living expenses as well as the house and car loans.

vincentck
15-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I think rather than pay rm 20/day it would be better to pay the extra for fuel right?

But then no coe.... so cuts both ways.

someone gotta do the numbers

I did calculate for the same car in MY & SG, it's cheaper to drive a MY car for the first 4-6 years (depending on how much you drive) before the $20/day makes it more expensive to drive a MY car into SG... my calculation included cheaper MY roadtax (only RM450 for a 2.0l car), lower insurance and maintenance cost and of course MY petrol... for the long-term (>5 yrs), cheaper to drive a SG car in SG.

karmabear
15-06-2011, 04:36 PM
For the oppressed Singapore man, I recommend you visit Blue Wave. If your wife hassle you every day and blame you for being a useless shit that cannot support her, don't hit her, at least not too hard :D:D:D Just spend RM238 and save your sanity.

Also don't be too devoted to your wife... Look at Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung. His eldest son is not his... Imagine working your ass off to provide for another man's son and wearing the green helmet...

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 05:32 PM
What is Bluewave?

For the oppressed Singapore man, I recommend you visit Blue Wave. If your wife hassle you every day and blame you for being a useless shit that cannot support her, don't hit her, at least not too hard :D:D:D Just spend RM238 and save your sanity.

Also don't be too devoted to your wife... Look at Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung. His eldest son is not his... Imagine working your ass off to provide for another man's son and wearing the green helmet...

jasonjst
15-06-2011, 05:58 PM

Hmm,,, I thaught ppl in this forum mostly faimily man or lovelly couples setting up their dream homes in JB ? Why need to visit Blue Wave ? BTW where is this Blue Wave , didnt come across it in Nusajaya .

Analytical Professor
15-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Ron 97 price drop 10 sen

InformedHH
15-06-2011, 06:54 PM
The "LANPA" GUIDE TO JB's Health Centres (aka Massage Parlours aka Brothels) For those of you who are not familiar with Johore Bahru town, I have just added a Map of the salient areas. I hope you find this new feature useful in your quest for new "treasures" at bargain prices. (Map courtesy of the great Lanpa -posted in my Delphi Forum on 20 July 99) This is my little contribution to Sam's forum. The Lanpa Guide to is intended to provide information for those seeking to check out the Health Centres in Johore Bahru. For those with the adventurous spirit and have the time and means to venture across the causeway, the services available there are often value for money. PART 1 will deal with basic questions on prices and SOP so as to make life easier for those unfamiliar to the JB HC scene. This thread will also cover site reviews some of the popular locations. PART 2 will cover feedback on the gals and be posted under the "Field Reports" folder. I must confessed that I have not the time and means to check out ALL the HCs found in JB nor do I go JB ALL the time, any updates or postings on places not covered here will be most welcome :) 1.Charges for sauna and massage r abt RM 66 to 93 (40-45 mins) ....... for extended session of 1 hr, abt +RM 14-20 extra ...................................... for HJ abt +RM 80 to 100 ...................................... for BJ abt +RM 100 to 150 ...................................... for FJ abt +RM 150 A full package with sauna and FJ will therefore cost abt RM 230 or just over S$100 2.For those in a hurry, u may opt out of the sauna and go straight into the room. This may save u abt RM 20. Please ask at the reception to be sure. 3.For those sited in a hotel, some offer the privacy of the guest rooms. This may cost abt RM 20-30 more. HCs at Grand Continental and Blue Wave Hotels hav this option. Hyatt is supposed to hav a RM 280 hotel suite package. HOW TO GO ABOUT IT? (SOP) 4.The procedures r similiar to sillypore's HCs but more like the up-market ones. a) At the reception, u usually don't have to book the gals there. A safe-deposit box service is often provided -use it! Keep your passport and wallet there. Don't worry about payment, u only need to pay when u leave. The best part is that credit cards r always accepted for the whatever services u enjoyed. Unless your wife likes to read your visa bill. In that case, come with sufficient ringgits--the exchange rate sucks. b) At the TV lounge, after the sauna, shower and free nasi lemak, the staff will automatically approach u . This is when u state your request. If u can't get any of the gals u wanted, ask for his recommendation. Be specific about your preferences, like age, height, body, skills, etc. Looks, however, are very subjective. They will say all r beautiful, but be realistic in your expectation. c) Once in the room ....... well, relax and enjoy! 5. Tipping --no need to tip the gals; they probably earn more than most of us. --those captains or guys who intro the gals u may ask u for tips... abt RM 10 will do? and only if u r happy. So far only noticed those at Crystal Crown actively asked for tips. PRACTICE SAFE SEX Even if they offer to do BJ/FJ w/o cap, plse play safe....it's more risky than GL: Even if her looks make your jaws drop, Please remember to use the rubber; Even if it's only for a blowjob, You have to protect your brother ! * Coming up next: reviews of the various health centres...... This section will give details on the some of the more popular HCs in Johor Bahru. It is not meant to be comprehensive. Any additons or updates r welcome.

ERE TO GO NOW? (Places) 1.CONTINENTAL D'SAUNA Also known as : Grand Continental; GC Location : Hotel Grand Continental, level 2 Directions : along highway before Pelangi Mall Tel. : 02-07-3323999 ext. 8909 Price : RM 77 (with 45 mins massage session) +RM150 for FJ LIKES : My all-time favourite HC in JB. Large hot pool (any HC pool that allow more than 4 persons to lay down w/o feet sticking into each other faces is large by my standard. Free food such as nasi lemak, mee siam Large selection of young gals. Best-looking gal in the form of # 84 Best-service gal in the form of # 111 DISLIKES : Too crowded at times, especially on weekends and holidays. 2.SHAPE UP POINT FITNESS CENTRE Also known as : Blue Wave; BW Location : Grand Blue Wave Hotel, 6th floor Directions : near causeway custom complex; after U-turn, keep right, small directional signs at road junctions. Near to Crystal Palace Tel. : 02-07-2217458 Price : RM 66 for 45 mins RM 79 for 60 mins +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : Best HC rooms -those renovated from the ex-gym hall comes with mirrors on one side wall ! Make sure u ask for it. Free food and desert(usually green beans soup) Large selection of young gals. Generally good service from staff and gals Hot chick in the form of # 128 DISLIKES : No pool of any kind, big or small. Sauna and steam rooms too close to toilets 3.THE CROWN EXECUTIVE HC Also known as : Crystal Crown Location : Crystal Crown Hotel, level 4 Directions : along highway after GC and Pelangi Mall; Tel. : 02-07-3343781 Price : RM 52 for 40 mins w/o sauna RM 72 for 40 mins with sauna +RM 100 for HJ +RM 150 for BJ / FJ LIKES : Comes with hot and cold pools Practices safe sex .. the gal insisted on rubber even for BJ. For those in a hurry, has direct entrance from 3rd level carpark, where u may bypass the sauna on 4th lvl and save RM 20. DISLIKES : Smallest hot pool so far --only comfortable for one at a time; two if the other person is your girlfriend-looks like a home Jacuzzi. Very small rooms and raised platform beds.... for those who likes confined spaces. 4.LION HOTEL SPA CENTRE Also known as: Lion Spa Location : Lion Hotel, enter fr ground lvl Directions : From customs --after the usual U-turn, go straight -don't turn left or right; proceed straight on till traffic junction. From Pelangi Plaza --go along highway (Jln Teberau) towards checkpoint; turn left at the junction with tunnel.The hotel is a low rise bldg just on the left of the next major cross-junction. The place has a green banner with HUGE lion head logo on the side wall ..... sure cannot miss! Tel. : 02-07-2216388 Price : RM 69 for 45mins +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : * For only RM 10 more, u get to use the hotel rooms upstairs * Has hot pool * Free parking, right infront of spa entrance DISLIKES : * Massage rooms have mostly raised platform beds * The hotel itself is a bit run-down

TT FITNESS CENTRE Also known as : Hyatt; Fizzio HC(name used in Newpaper ad) Location : Hyatt Regency, 1 level below the Lobby, near pool Directions : From checkpoint, keep left and follow the coastline along Jln Ibrahim and Jln Tun Dr.Ismail. Turn right after Hospital Sultanah Aminah. Tel : 02-07-2221234 ext 80392 Price : RM 90 for 60 mins (minimum time) +RM 20 for use of hotel room +RM 170 to 200 for FJ -negotiable { also offers all-in package for RM 280-300 } LIKES : * Classy 5-star hotel setting * Luxurious circular hot pool * Hotel room has king-sized bed and TV that works (at least for my case) * 60 mins session means u can take your time * Sweet gal by the name of Joyce DISLIKES : *Lousy TV lounge! Only a miserable 20" tv set and 4 sofas (hope they will upgrade soon) * Slap a hefty 10% surcharge on use of Visa for "specials" * No free food or snacks / no safe-deposit boxes * Prices r on the high side; also no fixed price for FJ 6.SOUTHERN SPA Location : Taman Sentosa, Lien Hoe Complex Block G, 4th floor Directions : The famous JB's Sentosa --after Pelangi Plaza, go north along the highway and turn right into J. Sutera Tel: : 02-07-3313155 Price : RM 93 +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : * Excellent facilities including -hot / cool pools in cave-like surroundings -sauna / steam rooms designed like log cabins -reading lounge with elegant sofas -mini theatre with projection screen * Free food / snacks * Has open-concept hall for hard massage DISLIKES : * Major shortcoming is lack of young gals (last year when i was there, hav only abt 4 to 5 "young" girls --meaning those under 29) * The shopping complex itself is run-down and sleazy-looking (as oppose to Hyatt, which has high-class exterior, but a lousy lounge for relaxing) 6.SOUTHERN SPA (Added on 20 July 99 ) Location : Taman Sentosa, Lien Hoe Complex Block G, 4th floor. Directions : The famous JB's Sentosa --after Pelangi Plaza, g o north along the highway and turn right into J. Sutera. Tel: : 02-07-3313155. Price : RM 93 +RM 150 for FJ. LIKES : * Excellent facilities including -hot / cool pools in cave-like surroundings -sauna / steam rooms designed like log cabins -reading lounge with elegant sofas -mini theatre with projection screen * Free food / snacks * Has open-concept hall for hard massage DISLIKES : * Major shortcoming is lack of young gals (last year when i was there, hav only abt 4 to 5 "young" girls --meaning those under 29) * The shopping complex itself is run-down and sleazy-looking (as oppose to Hyatt, which has high-class exterior, but a lousy lounge for relaxing) So much for now. Besides those i reviewed, there r more HCs to be found in our northern neighbourhood. These include Tropical Inn, First Executive, Distinction Luxury(Johore Jaya) and Skudai Paradise. Any details on these places r welcomed to be posted in Sam

Hmm,,, I thaught ppl in this forum mostly faimily man or lovelly couples setting up their dream homes in JB ? Why need to visit Blue Wave ? BTW where is this Blue Wave , didnt come across it in Nusajaya .

InformedHH
15-06-2011, 06:57 PM
All men are same.

Spore women also gt gigolo services

InformedHH
15-06-2011, 07:13 PM
How to hv in nj?

Its hotel grand blue wave.

U wanna cheong ah;);)

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Wow bluewave, no idea on this. Next thing we know, new thread, sleezing or chionging in JB.

Actually, if one stays near those NGV gas station or able to pass through them on daily travel, might as well convert car to be able to use NGV. Its a bit far out though but there are some that may be near to your place.

Hmm, (note to self) most of my cars have big bootspace so can sacrifice to put NGV, NGV.... Hmmm

http://www.ngv.net.my/

jasonjst
15-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey where can I buy this 12V electrical fuel pump? I make sure I transfer the fuels from my wife's car to mine every week

Buy from any autopart shop in JB can liao , just ask for a Proton fuel pump should work . You need to get a few meters of fuel line , and wires to connect to you ciggi socket . Have not try out this , not too sure if this setup work without priming the pump ?

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Bro HH, you need to put a stop to this, if worse come to worse, cut the allowance or talk to her and let her understand. Thing with dealing with ladies is to use emotions rather than logic. As MCP/sexist as this sounds, sometimes even this silly joke has some truth in it:

http://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

jasonjst
15-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Haha I think we are the small group of people whose petrol bills exceed RM 1,000. We should explore other alternatives like diesel cars etc.. Hybrid 1wise last time i heard that the mileage is nt really that true.. that means for honda insight they claim its 30km per litre but in real life is no more than 20km per litre..

I think you guys must use motobike ... haha !

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Damn, now i know why she purposely acts so helpless everytime.
She must have watched that youtube movie and so purposely
"knows" her limits!

Btw, for some unknown strange reason, i came back home late
today and saw a nice plate of my favourite food, satay.

That has not happened for a while, hmmm since the Wuchang uprising?

If you are reading this, i was just referring to a friends wife, none
of it was related to you, you are the exact opposite of what i wrote. :P

<Wuqi gets dragged away, screaming and twitching>

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey bro AP, actually has been married for years, almost reaching ten years. I can rant but i know deep down inside, the butterflies i saw when i first met her more than 17 years ago never really flew away.

jasonjst
15-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Wow bluewave, no idea on this. Next thing we know, new thread, sleezing or chionging in JB.

Actually, if one stays near those NGV gas station or able to pass through them on daily travel, might as well convert car to be able to use NGV. Its a bit far out though but there are some that may be near to your place.

Hmm, (note to self) most of my cars have big bootspace so can sacrifice to put NGV, NGV.... Hmmm

http://www.ngv.net.my/

Do you need to get LTA approval to convert ? Hmm... I install a blue colour lamp also faill inspection , KNN

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 08:10 PM
This is really funny:

Harry Enfield - Women Keep Your Virtue
http://youtu.be/JZ0jRuASVEQ

Now i know why my wife reversed into our gate.
http://youtu.be/39qdhbkTko4

wuqi256
15-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Do you need to get LTA approval to convert ? Hmm... I install a blue colour lamp also faill inspection , KNN

Yes i know man, sigh. Even with SG cars, you should be able to though.
More information here:

http://www.cng.com.sg/

hangyong
15-06-2011, 08:24 PM
0_0 u have the 2 hybrids in the household! =) r u a fan of the show too? it is damn entertaining!

oh yes! great fan.. full episodes me have...

jasonjst
15-06-2011, 08:26 PM
How to hv in nj?

Its hotel grand blue wave.

U wanna cheong ah;);)

Haha ... not cheong , try new thingy . Went to one at Bukit Indah area , very different from what your Lanpa guide say leh. They dont provide BJ, FJ kind of thingy .

hangyong
15-06-2011, 08:32 PM
For Civic 1.3l, is the power the same as 2.0? Thats what I heard previously. Actually I am now exploring a diesel car.. just that the diesel tax is a headache.. For diesel cars I dont have to pump every 2-3 days.. perhaps once every 1-2 week and its just RM 1.80

no where near... when moving off from stop, especially when in loaded condition, its about same as a 1.8 or slightly more. But at high speed, its a 1.3 for sure.

hpy090909
16-06-2011, 01:08 AM
i posted a reply but why never show up one ah

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 01:40 AM
srtaits times carried an article on it long ago.

Just to spend time with the man the woman gotta pay.

If u wan extra services must pay more.

Runs into 1000s a night

How do one be a gigglo? How much are the remuneration?

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Must try new thing always. Bestari road got a lot

hubby say wam massage . Poor wife think hubby stress and say ok.

Hubby go in got china gal shiok shiok until song song

Haha ... not cheong , try new thingy . Went to one at Bukit Indah area , very different from what your Lanpa guide say leh. They dont provide BJ, FJ kind of thingy .

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Eurorich hotel hv rm288 i tink. Without massage cheaper. Got bj plus fj.

Also there are couple of china mei mei places . Here u get bbbj hj n fj

siam legend amazing thai etc only got hj. Cannot auto roam

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Lion spa roman spa etc got everything

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Lion spa roman spa etc got everything

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 03:08 AM

Waha , you cheong almost all corners of JB , want to change your name to InformedCK liao ! haha !

RafflesTiger
16-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi, I would like to ask the brothers here how long do you need to get through the causeway during peak hour? If you reach the causeway at 730am, when can you get through the 2 customs?

Please advice... I am contemplating my options and need to find out more...

maxpark
16-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Oh yes! I'm going to take a look this Friday. Fairway suite sounds good. Setia' sky too close proximity to malls. Can be very noisy at times especially cars revving in n out.

Vested... so, highly recommend to check out HH Fairway Suites if you are looking for what you had mentioned... plus me thinks security considerations and future cap appreciation there should be better compared to others.

abugumgum
16-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Yes, very sad... now must seriously think abt buying a MY car to drive into SG... but to pay $20/weekday entry...?

I am selling my MY registered car. A Kia Forte SX 2.0 6 speed the latest. More info and specs at www.nazakia.com.my Bought at RM 97,800 (OTR)

Anyone interested, please PM me. Thanks.

Analytical Professor
16-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Jun 16, 2011
Finger scans: Call in JB to exempt Singaporeans
By Carolyn Hong, Malaysia Bureau Chief In Kuala Lumpu

KUALA LUMPUR - TWO associations representing businesses in Johor have urged the Malaysian government to exempt Singaporeans from the biometric screening system, after suffering losses from the recent congestion.

The two organisations, representing Chinese and Indian businesses, plan to send a memorandum soon to Johor Menteri Besar Ghani Othman and the Home Ministry to plead their case.

According to the president of Johor Baru Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mr Loh Liam Hiang, the jams caused at the entry points by the fingerprinting of every visitor had begun to deter Singaporeans from visiting the state.

'They just turn back when they see the queue, especially during the weekends or holidays which see congestion even without the new biometric system,' he said.

Many of Johor Baru's businesses, he noted, depend on Singaporeans, especially the weekend day-trippers who cross over to visit restaurants, food courts, shops and entertainment centres. According to complaints received by the association, business has fallen by 30 per cent to 50 per cent in some shops since the biometric system started on June 1.

Mr Loh added that it would also inconvenience Singaporeans who travel frequently to their factories in Johor. His concerns were borne out by several Singaporeans interviewed by The Straits Times.

karmabear
16-06-2011, 04:10 AM

Wah kao, how come Eurorich charge so expensive??? Are the girls good? I went Siam Legend, massage is so so... I think must check out the china mei mei scene. But not so sure where to find in Bukit Indah area?

Analytical Professor
16-06-2011, 04:10 AM
News Update:
1) If ur losing hair take the pill/apply the spray else gracefully accept ur balding. Dun use OTC products/Beijing etc. They really dun work excluding minoxidil.

2) Anti clotting drug pradaxa superior to warfarin

3) Washing veg is ok. Soaking is not.

4) Cataract clearing surgeries can improve vision too

5) Walking is good for any age group. Vary intensity to suit your need.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Used to cheong in Spore 10-12 years ago when service was exemplary.

Then came the china mei meis with which service standards dropped.

So i started to cheong overseas where got value for $.

JB i just start only. Dunno much about JB. But i am sure almost all the guys in this forum know and are doing it. Most pretend blur or dun wanna admit....

But good you say you cheong. You atleast dun have the "i am saint you are devil" approach.... That is the correct thing to do.

Most others act like saints.... But given a choice.... most men will eat outside......

Yday i was watching a show....The guy was accused in court of sleeping around (actually rape....) So the wife asked him what was lacking in her since she was young, pretty and sexy.... She said what would people think of her and him? He replied saying that ..... Women cook at home.... men eat at home.... men eat outside too.... Why? Cause they are hungry..... so same logic....

How to change my nick you know? Can help?

JB cheong is more value for $ than Spore

Waha , you cheong almost all corners of JB , want to change your name to InformedCK liao ! haha !

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 04:24 AM
No idea about Eurorich. I heard thts the price they charge..... Girls good or not also dunno... I think Roman quite good like that right?

Yeah Siam legend massage is so so.... Since women go there too.... if you wan special tell captain first that you want seperate room. he will arrange....

HJ nothing to shout about... Girls got huge neh neh.... but cant autoroam...

Bestari road got a lot lah....

Ever got drive slowly that side or not?

Wah kao, how come Eurorich charge so expensive??? Are the girls good? I went Siam Legend, massage is so so... I think must check out the china mei mei scene. But not so sure where to find in Bukit Indah area?

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Can use part of the savings from staying in JB to cheong in JB at cheaper price.

Service and facilities better.

More upscale and not so rush compared to spore..

[/url]

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 04:30 AM
How to find China Mei Mei in Bestari side?

Drive slowly....Next to eminent have.....

How to find out? any massagi place must go upstairs.... surely got special...

but most are milf not the young mei mei variety.

but got bbbj in most places and cim.

rm 80 only.

some places have gems... but still not easy to find gems

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 04:33 AM
if ur at amazing thai at bestari look across the road to the opposite side... carefully you will find a mei mei shop there....

so many shops in the area.... but must look carefully

hangyong
16-06-2011, 04:57 AM
oh my god! Causeway jam again?

and I am just preparing to go in! WTF is happening??

hangyong
16-06-2011, 05:28 AM
huh?? now no jam...

is the camera on one motoring giving problems or something magical is happening at JB side?

Analytical Professor
16-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Good GY out

Bad TT in...

Analytical Professor
16-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Foreign worker numbers to be reduced....

Analytical Professor
16-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Probe into S'poreans' 'nude squat'
The Star/Asia News Network
Thu, Jun 16, 2011

PETALING JAYA: An investigation board will probe whether the arrests of two Singaporean women were done according to the law, said Immi gration director-general Datuk Alias Ahmad.

He said the board would also check whether the incident stemmed from the carelessness of officials involved.

"The board will make recommendations for the department to carry out," he said in a statement yesterday.

He said an investigation report was expected within a week and that the department was taking this issue seriously.

The board, known as the Malaysian Immigration Special Investigation Board (LPKIM), will start work today and is headed by department deputy director-general (control) Datuk Raja Mohd Raja Ismail.

Other board members include the department enforcement division director Mohd Zamberi Abdul Aziz, and officers from the police, Prisons Department and detention depot departments.

Meanwhile, Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said the authorities would also look at the standard operational procedures involving those detained at checkpoints to determine if changes are needed.

"If the operating procedures do not meet current needs, then changes and amendments must be made based on the findings of the inquiry.

"It is wrong to say that the Immigration front-liners were involved. They (the women) were actually brought to the detention centre," he said at the Parliament lobby yesterday.

The women had been arrested at the Sultan Iskandar Immigration checkpoint in Johor Baru on June 9.

It was reported that the women were allegedly detained at the Immigration checkpoint for several hours before being taken to the Pekan Nenas detention centre on June 9.

They were told to strip, perform 10 squats and jailed for the night before being released at about 5pm the following da

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks to InformedHH for sharing, not everyone needs to eat outside though for various reasons, fear of diseases.

Dedicated to chiongsters.
http://youtu.be/P9mwELXPGbA

karmabear
16-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks to InformedHH for sharing, not everyone needs to eat outside though for various reasons, fear of diseases.

Remember, just because you like to eat home-cook food does not mean your spouse like to eat home-cook food. Look around in your office, how many married females having secret affair with their bosses, colleagues or clients? :D:D:D Just stirring the pot....

More importantly, just because don't eat outside, doesn't hurt to know the options. I like blue wave because the quality is generally reliable. If I move to JB, definitely outside food will be a consideration. I will take revenge for Singapore and ask them to do nude squats on me... hahahahaha!!!!

pockaroo
16-06-2011, 07:01 AM

If you are converting a SG plate to NGV, you can only do it in Singapore through LTA appointed installers. These installers there will then apply to LTA to "pass" your car. I have checked on this before. You cannot do the conversion in Malaysia and bring it back to LTA for approval.

abugumgum
16-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Remember, just because you like to eat home-cook food does not mean your spouse like to eat home-cook food. Look around in your office, how many married females having secret affair with their bosses, colleagues or clients? :D:D:D Just stirring the pot....

More importantly, just because don't eat outside, doesn't hurt to know the options. I like blue wave because the quality is generally reliable. If I move to JB, definitely outside food will be a consideration. I will take revenge for Singapore and ask them to do nude squats on me... hahahahaha!!!!

To each his/her own.

If not married, then there is no home cooked food. :)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Wow! Just drop in and see all these sleazy postings....em...should start another JB chiong thread for these? :)

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Wow! Just drop in and see all these sleazy postings....em...should start another JB chiong thread for these? :)

This thread colourful , got everything from SG to JB , cars , property , gardending ,shopping , makan , politics , cooking and now chionging , next week we talk about outing in JB such as places of interest , how about that ?

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 07:51 AM

To be fair with both sexes, you'll reap what you have sowed...:)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 07:52 AM
This thread colourful , got everything from SG to JB , cars , property , gardending ,shopping , makan , politics , cooking and now chionging , next week we talk about outing in JB such as places of interest , how about that ?

Ah yeah...good idea hor? ;)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Ron 97 price drop 10 sen

Thats good news to me. So now is rm2.80?

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 07:56 AM

Seem to me that you must have being betrayed by our women and that made you mistrust them ?

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Euphony anda Cathy,

I gota support her 4 other "big children" of which one is married out.. and not only that, the one which is married out will bring her hubby and two kids along during makan sessions every week.. imagine u marry out one daughter and think your financial burden is lesser but she brings back THREE more dependents.. how would u feel if u are the father and had to feed soooo many mouths? Somemore they dont have any intentions to help subsidise the bills a bit.. not even RM 10! And over the years, I reckon we have spent more than RM 10k alone just on makan for them..

I have been giving my wife allowance of up to S$500 a month but I found that this is not the way as secretly when I am not in JB most of the time, she will bring her "dependents" out for meals, which cost RM 100-RM 500 for one meal as the family is damn HUGE.

HH, don't be stingy lah. If you had given her a budget and if its within her budget, just close both eye lah. ;)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey bro AP, actually has been married for years, almost reaching ten years. I can rant but i know deep down inside, the butterflies i saw when i first met her more than 17 years ago never really flew away.

Hope you keep it there until the end.... :)

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Actually HH, what Cathylmg said is true though, sometimes out of love, just close both eyes so that you will be happier. What you don't know sometimes may turn out better in the long run.

Karmabear, not worried about that. Ok, bosses, next topic please. :D

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Tell u something.... that you should not know... guys at work (Singaporeans ) have a budget that they spend on.......

Orhor.....wait until wify check this out! LOL! :D

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Actually this thread has become very useful, really for me as well as so many things to learn here, even now we have chionging gurus onboard.

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Orhor.....what until wify check this out! LOL!

Actually the happiest man in the world is one who has an understanding wife, the happiest wife is also one who closes not one but two eyes. If i really did something outside, i would want to be able to share with my wife rather than hiding it from her, someone told me, the smart wife if one that can contain her anger so that at least she can know the truth rather than be kept in the dark and her husband won't leave her since there is no reason to argue.

A learned friend of mine knows all he does outside but chooses not to ask too much as she knows most men are prone to it. The wife is just immune to it i think, they have been married for 20 years already. He even told me the wife wanted to know how it goes every time.

Conjugal rights!!

http://youtu.be/5Ivsb79-h90

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Actually the happiest man in the world is one who has an understanding wife, the happiest wife is also one who closes not one but two eyes. If i really did something outside, i would want to be able to share with my wife rather than hiding it from her, someone told me, the smart wife if one that can contain her anger so that at least she can know the truth rather than be kept in the dark and her husband won't leave her since there is no reason to argue.

A learned friend of mine knows all he does outside but chooses not to ask too much as she knows most men are prone to it. The wife is just immune to it i think, they have been married for 20 years already. He even told me the wife wanted to know how it goes every time.

Well, what goes around comes around. And when its time to be casted the iron green helmet, make sure that both eyes are closed too lor... ;)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Living in jb means everything right?

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Sound like obiedient wifes' club treaching ? So the obiedient wife' club got some values in our modern society ? Wifes should close an eye even though she know he is out chionging? I think chionging once a while is OK but having an affair is NOT . Reasons is chionging got no emotion attached.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Good u r also open abouyt it like jasonjst.

Generally those who dun comment juz pretend to b saint la but sure do also.

Bluewave quite cheap ah like that?

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Sound like obiedient wifes' club treaching ? So the obiedient wife' club got some values in our modern society ? Wifes should close an eye even though she know he is out chionging? I think chionging once a while is OK but having an affair is NOT . Reasons is chionging got no emotion attached.

Man should also close one eye on wife's occational chionging.

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Well, what goes around comes around. And when its time to be casted the iron green helmet, make sure that both eyes are closed too lor... ;)

Sometimes, its better not to know too much, the smartest wife is one who allows the husband to stray a little but there has to be a line that neither will cross. Once that line is crossed, it might change the world game. For all you know, some already made their man wear green helmet especially during NS days, now the wife does her part and wear it as well. :P

As you said, what goes around comes around, some women strayed more than men...

My wife has one PRC colleague, married somemore. 2 colleagues always discussing about who uses her when. Tue-Wed, Mr Operations Manager, Thu-Fri, Mr Shipping Manager. Mon - Shared day as either can go out with her. Even her favourite positions are discussed in the pantry.

One time i was fixing a pc under a table, there were 3 innocent looking ladies along with 2 "old hands", an ex air stewardess(discredit her ex line because she was really an airhead) and another HR manager.

Guess what they were talking about, on washing machine, vacuum cleaners, when one talked loudly about having 2 guys in one day, another boasted she had 3in, was so shocked that i hit my head against the table and quickly came out, made an excuse and walked quickly out of a room with red faced ladies.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 08:28 AM
No u dunno he betrayef or not but i got c with my own eyes. Women r no saints these days.

Seem to me that you must have being betrayed by our women and that made you mistrust them ?

aangsc
16-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Does that mean vice-versa as well, you guys can close one or two eyes if woman did the same activities outside ...maybe just for thrill , once , twice , more and more... , how ?
I beg to differ on that thinking of a 'understanding' woman or man, for such matter. Cross the line? What line to start with ? Having accidental bastard or posted on internet like youngster or when your partner said you not as good as the 'professional' ? For such matter, maybe you should just stay as co-habit partner rather than husband and wife.

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:36 AM
No u dunno he betrayef or not but i got c with my own eyes. Women r no saints these days.

This century, women simply waken up to the fact that man cannot be totally depended any longer. Especially when you are telling her to come out and work to contribute to the family, you should all the more give her the previlage that was given to men for centuries when they were holding the purse strings.

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Hear hear, it should go swing bothways.

abugumgum
16-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Sometimes, its better not to know too much, the smartest wife is one who allows the husband to stray a little but there has to be a line that neither will cross. Once that line is crossed, it might change the world game.

No one likes to be betrayed.

Knowing or not, close one eye, close both eyes or open both eyes, the betrayal has been committed. It is the consequences that both will have to deal with when it becomes open.

May seem to accept all the time (seem to know, or really know), one day, the other party may just snap and call it a day.

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Does that mean vice-versa as well, you guys can close one or two eyes if woman did the same activities outside ...maybe just for thrill , once , twice , more and more... , how ?
I beg to differ on that thinking of a 'understanding' woman or man, for such matter.

Thats is why only got obiedient wifes' club , cannot have obiedient hubby club . If wifes do it , means not obiedient liao, haha ! All hell break loose ...

cathylmg

Knowing or not, close one eye, close both eyes or open both eyes, the betrayal has been committed. It is the consequences that both will have to deal with when it becomes open.

May seem to accept all the time (seem to know, or really know), one day, the other party may just snap and call it a day.

For a women who depend on the men to bring in the dough, like what my mum did, secretly telling us about things, and when we are all grown up.......

aangsc

When the trust become rust instead, one day it will give way.

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 08:44 AM

There are just too much morals involved whenever these stuff are raised, morals are things that are taught, whether they are really applied is another thing. Aside from incest, things like polygamy, etc are encouraged in different cultures. Just like some tribes like Bai where its a maternal led society. Any guy can go to the girls room but the kids, etc are all owned by the women. Even if there are babies, it will follow the mother. What we perceive may not apply for everyone. I know an ex colleague whose wife is very much into threesomes and very open to him doing stuff as long as he uses protection, thats just something that works for them. We try not to judge unless things like that happen to us.

Hi bro aangsc, in my context, crossing the line means having sex. Never cross that line.

aangsc
16-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Thats is why only got obiedient wifes' club , cannot have obiedient hubby club . If wifes do it , means not obiedient liao, haha ! All hell break loose ...

I am not so sure about that, I have came across a ambitious career woman who relocate family to china because of her job, and the man also quit to join her - as house husband. So these powerful woman also have to entertain customer if to such extend as occasional 'cheong', can the man take it ? Seem to me the man who soon be a broken man.

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 08:46 AM
When the trust become rust instead, one day it will give way.

The full effect of a seemingly understanding wife will only gets better towards the end of your journey...

There is a saying of 'Zui Du Fu Ren Xin'!

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 08:54 AM
How do u draw or define that line?

Sometimes, its better not to know too much, the smartest wife is one who allows the husband to stray a little but there has to be a line that neither will cross. Once that line is crossed, it might change the world game. For all you know, some already made their man wear green helmet especially during NS days, now the wife does her part and wear it as well. :P

As you said, what goes around comes around, some women strayed more than men...

My wife has one PRC colleague, married somemore. 2 colleagues always discussing about who uses her when. Tue-Wed, Mr Operations Manager, Thu-Fri, Mr Shipping Manager. Mon - Shared day as either can go out with her. Even her favourite positions are discussed in the pantry.

One time i was fixing a pc under a table, there were 3 innocent looking ladies along with 2 "old hands", an ex air stewardess(discredit her ex line because she was really an airhead) and another HR manager.

Guess what they were talking about, on washing machine, vacuum cleaners, when one talked loudly about having 2 guys in one day, another boasted she had 3in, was so shocked that i hit my head against the table and quickly came out, made an excuse and walked quickly out of a room with red faced ladies.

abugumgum
16-06-2011, 08:56 AM
There are just too much morals involved whenever these stuff are raised, morals are things that are taught, whether they are really applied is another thing. Aside from incest, things like polygamy, etc are encouraged in different cultures. Just like some tribes like Bai where its a maternal led society. Any guy can go to the girls room but the kids, etc are all owned by the women. Even if there are babies, it will follow the mother. What we perceive may not apply for everyone. I know an ex colleague whose wife is very much into threesomes and very open to him doing stuff as long as he uses protection, thats just something that works for them. We try not to judge unless things like that happen to us.

Hi bro aangsc, in my context, crossing the line means having sex. Never cross that line.

Yes, as long as both parties to a marriage agrees and fully understand what it entails, then they are happy. We will not be the one to judge.

karmabear
16-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Good u r also open abouyt it like jasonjst. Generally those who dun comment juz pretend to b saint la but sure do also. Bluewave quite cheap ah like that?

Bluewave is not considered cheap. Reasonable but the most important thing is reliable quality. Of course other joints might have better ones but it is a hit and miss affair. I don't live in JB but heard there are better ones if you can get contacts with the OKT. Generally, the BW girls are nice. Very down to earth, not pretentious... I would date them :D Warning, BW is damn crowded at all times. I dunno if the crowd is SG or locals but am amazed that on a weekday afternoon, also got quite a number of dudes... Sibeh relak....

Well, I don't see the point of being a saint. Maybe some like to be a saint online and even in real life... Good for me, less competition for slots. I just share but definitely never do detailed analysis like you bro... you are one champion.

Now regarding some posts about what is good for the goose is good for the gander... I think all the saints here had better wake up and feel the thorns. Women in our generation are no different from men. They are smart, independent, financially strong and have their own needs which they are not shy to get satisfied. You really think those chio private bankers with clients of $100m in investable assets are just doing banking service? Or the girls selling the BMW, mercedes, Aston Martins are just good in selling cars? Have to get real lor.

Anyway, about gigolo... I am not gigolo but I got 2 FBs. One, her husband is an Army regular... She look down on him and she treat him quite jialat. He buys her handbags and bring her to holidays in Europe. How he afford, I dunno and dun care. The second FB is the mistress of a big boss. She flies first class and has a hair saloon fully sponsored by him. She has a great body although she is older than me. Now I am not boasting that I am very good looking, rich etc etc... I am just a very very normal guy, normal looks, normal income. I just try make sure they laugh a few times when they are with me. Thats my competitive advantage.

Now just imagine those tycoons with large houses and cars. Ask you for dinner on a private plane (happen before to a friend)... Or those sons of rich tycoons, handsome, sauve, rich... How many women wouldn't stray... So in conclusion, close both eyes if you are the man, and don't bankrupt yourself trying to keep your wife happy. Leave it to God/Buddha/fate whatever...

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 09:19 AM
After hearing so much about these things, I suddenly realise why there are so many singles now. Or rather why Singapore girls are so materialistic.

Marriage is but a piece of paper. A social coverup for what is perceived as a successful life. It is much much better to be married to a rich man who fools around then being married to a poor Singaporean man who does things outright or behind your back and still expect you to be an understanding wife. Both way you are still done for. Its that or better not get married at all.

We are all living in a disillusioned world! We are all living in a world full of lies!

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Agreed but no matter what its considered to b other meat.

Once u hv tasted other meat d craving will always be there

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Im sure u do not cheong occassionally

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Spore girls could hv started it in the first place by being demandin

i agree its a world full of lies

After hearing so much about these things, I suddenly realise why there are so many singles now. Or rather why Singapore girls are so materialistic.

Marriage is but a piece of paper. A social coverup for what is perceived as a successful life. It is much much better to be married to a rich man who fools around then being married to a poor Singaporean man who does things outright or behind your back and still expect you to be an understanding wife. Both way you are still done for. Its that or better not get married at all.

We are all living in a disillusioned world! We are all living in a world full of lies!

LeMans2011
16-06-2011, 09:47 AM
What happened what happened? For a moment i thought i am in the other forum.
Hiyoh... what happened to love? I desire only my own partner and i'm not a hypocrite.

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Not true lah , I think Karma & InformedHH are extrem cases can qualified to be Chiong King liao , Haha !
For majority , I would say 80-90% of SG men might do it once or few times in their lifetime , but their heart is alway with the wife and family lah . I am married for 18yrs liao , an occasional stray cannot shake the marriage .

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Spore girls could hv started it in the first place by being demandin

i agree its a world full of lies

We should teach our daughters to smarten up. Go for the rich ones instead. Leave those poor Sinkies fellows alone. They can settle for the more naive foreign bride. Singaporean women should be more selfish and take care of ourselves first, not our partners, not our children. For if this is the truth, and the only truth, then nobody will have pity on you if you suffer because of your naiveness. Not your perceived life partner anyway!

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Man stay at home he better wear tampons n panties

I am not so sure about that, I have came across a ambitious career woman who relocate family to china because of her job, and the man also quit to join her - as house husband. So these powerful woman also have to entertain customer if to such extend as occasional 'cheong', can the man take it ? Seem to me the man who soon be a broken man.

toyohon
16-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Singapore News

Rapid Transit System Link to JB to be located near Republic Poly
By Wayne Chan | Posted: 16 June 2011 1601 hrs
Woodlands Train Checkpoint

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE : Residents living near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties.

This is because the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said they plan to build a station there that will integrate the upcoming Thomson Line (TSL) with the proposed Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link.

This station will be the northernmost terminal station of the Thomson Line.

The LTA also announced plans to have an interchange at the existing North-South Line's Woodlands station for commuters to transfer onto the Thomson Line.

The Thomson Line will run fully underground from Woodlands through the Central Business District to Marina Bay. It will pass through the Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Thomson areas before it reaches the city.

Also announced was the location of the Thomson Line Depot, which will be at Mandai.

The planned 32-hectare train depot will be Singapore's largest.

Construction on the depot will begin end 2012, and it will provide stabling and maintenance facilities for up to 90 Thomson Line trains.

The government will be acquiring a 40-hectare piece of land currently occupied by Orchidville, Singapore's largest orchid farm, for the depot.

The farm will receive statutory compensation under the Land Acquisition Act, and will have till end 2012 to vacate the premises.

The Thomson Line, targetted for completion by 2018, is currently undergoing a detailed engineering study.

The LTA said it would release more details on the line at a later date after the study is completed.

- CNA /ls

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I dreamt of visiting a contruction site which project I had my eyes on but didn't seem to have time to visit. Then a big snake bite me on my left hand's small finger. Very painful.

Anyone could interpret my dream?

ginfreely
16-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Haha you're spot-on again! Heard from someone who is rich and attractive single gal that she gets indecent proposals all the time and told me these married men are all those honest looking type, including average office wage earners and staunch Christians...

ginfreely
16-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I have been trying to close one eyes.. but whenever I see my wife siblings not working but still get to live in a house, drives around with a car and go for holidays and good food using my wife money, which is indirectly my money, I feel angry. Why should they find jobs if they have a house, car and good makan daily? And why should I slog like a dog to feed them?

sure irritating like that....but why the siblings not worried of not able to get married without a house of their own?

austin_hts
16-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Good news.... count down to 2018 ...

Singapore News

Rapid Transit System Link to JB to be located near Republic Poly
By Wayne Chan | Posted: 16 June 2011 1601 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE : Residents living near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties.

This is because the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said they plan to build a station there that will integrate the upcoming Thomson Line (TSL) with the proposed Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link.

This station will be the northernmost terminal station of the Thomson Line.

The LTA also announced plans to have an interchange at the existing North-South Line's Woodlands station for commuters to transfer onto the Thomson Line.

The Thomson Line will run fully underground from Woodlands through the Central Business District to Marina Bay. It will pass through the Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Thomson areas before it reaches the city.

Also announced was the location of the Thomson Line Depot, which will be at Mandai.

The planned 32-hectare train depot will be Singapore's largest.

Construction on the depot will begin end 2012, and it will provide stabling and maintenance facilities for up to 90 Thomson Line trains.

The government will be acquiring a 40-hectare piece of land currently occupied by Orchidville, Singapore's largest orchid farm, for the depot.

The farm will receive statutory compensation under the Land Acquisition Act, and will have till end 2012 to vacate the premises.

The Thomson Line, targetted for completion by 2018, is currently undergoing a detailed engineering study.

The LTA said it would release more details on the line at a later date after the study is completed.

- CNA /ls

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Good news.... count down to 2018 ...

Which means the move of the railway will not be earlier then 2018. Whatever happened to the MRT that goes across the boarder?

aangsc
16-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I dreamt of visiting a contruction site which project I had my eyes on but didn't seem to have time to visit. Then a big snake bite me on my left hand's small finger. Very painful.

Anyone could interpret my dream?

My crystal ball said "Forget about the project or you will be bitten by evil - greed."
I had many dreams with snake before, can't recall one that has any significant .

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Cathylmg, too extreme. Not every man is like that, just like not every girl is faithful. The richer a man is,many believe the higher tendancy to stray, just like the saying:

Nan ren you qian jiu bian huai, nu ren bian huai jiu you qian.

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 11:35 AM
sure irritating like that....but why the siblings not worried of not able to get married without a house of their own?

Gin, only Singaporeans worried about not having a house when getting married. :)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 11:39 AM
My crystal ball said "Forget about the project or you will be bitten by evil - greed."
I had many dreams with snake before, can't recall one that has any significant .

Thanks for the interpretations. I will put it aside now. :)

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Cathylmg, too extreme. Not every man is like that, just like not every girl is faithful. The richer a man is,many believe the higher tendancy to stray, just like the saying:

Yah. I guess so. But marrying a poor guy also can't escape from the fact totally. No guys want to remain poor anyway. And with wealth comes greed.

cathylmg
16-06-2011, 12:06 PM

A wise women once told me....'nan ren shi xu yao yi dian zai de'. Man need a little bit of debts...(to keep him focus?:D)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 01:57 PM
1) Yeah i personally know of women doing this.... Somemore some are rich. Husband is MD SEA of reputable company too....
2) Yes quality and reliability is very important

Look around in your office, how many married females having secret affair with their bosses, colleagues or clients? :D:D:D Just stirring the pot....

I like blue wave because the quality is generally reliable.!

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:01 PM
If wife not in town/go party/go visit friends/ ownself cooking is not a good option :D:D

Better eat outside;)

To each his/her own.

If not married, then there is no home cooked food. :)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:06 PM
i have a strange feeling you know a lot about chionging considering that you know or are an expert on every other topic.

it would be very strange if you really are not aware....

Maybe u rather humbly say you dunno....

Actually this thread has become very useful, really for me as well as so many things to learn here, even now we have chionging gurus onboard.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:07 PM
i have a strange feeling you know a lot about chionging considering that you know or are an expert on every other topic.

it would be very strange if you really are not aware....

Maybe u rather humbly say you dunno....

Still waters run deep:):)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Share with wife? Good luck to you dude.... Hope your wife tolerates it... He he....

I know of a doctor friend who buys his wife a rolex (6k) every month. earns about 20k plus a month. just a gp only.

so wife closes one eye and allows him to do whatever....

Does the wife really love him?

Where got genuine love? Only amongst tribals and in the villages... not in the cities...

If i really did something outside, i would want to be able to share with my wife rather than hiding it from her, someone told me, the smart wife if one that can contain her anger so that at least she can know the truth rather than be kept in the dark and her husband won't leave her since there is no reason to argue.

Conjugal rights!!

http://youtu.be/5Ivsb79-h90

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Bro InformedHH, i am no saint by any definition but if no chionging or never going for paid sex = Saint then some people i know will be saints even for someone like me.

Bro AP, seriously i know where as i have chionging friends but i don't really go there. I have tonnes of games, sporting equipment, hobbies that i don't have time for plus my work is really taxing. Worked in SG from 8 to 5.45pm, went back, still worked until 4am in the morning. Woke up before 8am and continued working. This has been my schedule for some time. I do need a good massage now and then but above the waistline mostly. ;)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:25 PM
i dunno about married prcs doing it.

i know single prcs doing it.

i know of married singaporean women doing it...

and i know of married singaporean men doing it big time with the Phillipine Foreign Talent (Waitresses/Clerks/Nurses/Accountants etc)

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Share with wife? Good luck to you dude.... Hope your wife tolerates it... He he....

I know of a doctor friend who buys his wife a rolex (6k) every month. earns about 20k plus a month. just a gp only.

so wife closes one eye and allows him to do whatever....

Does the wife really love him?

Where got genuine love? Only amongst tribals and in the villages... not in the cities...

Actually you are right about the tribals, even near here at Taman Laguna area, got to know an orang asli guy, he told my dad he has 6wives, all sleeping together. Hats off to him, my dad told me luckily he didn't have no. 7 as at least he can rest on Sunday! :)

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:27 PM
u really covet and treasure marriage... Salutations...

Now what happens if a Singapore man begets a kid with a FT. Does the kid gain citizenship...

I beg to differ on that thinking of a 'understanding' woman or man, for such matter. Cross the line? What line to start with ? Having accidental bastard or posted on internet like youngster or when your partner said you not as good as the 'professional' ? For such matter, maybe you should just stay as co-habit partner rather than husband and wife.

austin_hts
16-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Railway will first move to woodlands on 1 Jul 11. Whether it will move out of spore to JB is a qn mark.Seems like RTS (malaysia's new rapid transit system) will run to woodlands station to connect with Thomson line. Got to wait for more details . . .

Which means the move of the railway will not be earlier then 2018. Whatever happened to the MRT that goes across the boarder?

wuqi256
16-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Yah. I guess so. But marrying a poor guy also can't escape from the fact totally. No guys want to remain poor anyway. And with wealth comes greed.

No way to escape from this just as there is no guarantee in life. Someone once said this to me, rich marry me will screw me, poor marry me will also screw me. I might as well let the rich one get me.

This was what someone said to me along time ago when i was young, poor and penniless. In the end, i married her friend. :)
One cannot guarantee anything in life, the so called rich man at that time, his dad business went bust, subsequently downgraded from terrace to HDB.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:40 PM
What privilege did i get? i am not the man of yore who experienced whatever privileges....

I think many Spore women expect too much and end up making their men sissies....

Men need to feel like men... Hence they will do what makes them feel like a man...

This century, women simply waken up to the fact that man cannot be totally depended any longer. Especially when you are telling her to come out and work to contribute to the family, you should all the more give her the previlage that was given to men for centuries when they were holding the purse strings.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:46 PM
What secret things? Please share.... love to know

For a women who depend on the men to bring in the dough, like what my mum did, secretly telling us about things, and when we are all grown up.......

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:49 PM
ST article yday. Now however said Spore women are saints?

Any wonder the men behave the way they do?

Money talks when S'pore women say 'I love you'

Survey finding may be a reason for low birth rate, as materialistic people value family less

By Theresa Tan

BLAME the material girl for Singapore's baby woes.

Cupid and the stork had no luck last year, with the number of marriages and babies born dipping to yet another record low.

New research by Singapore Management University (SMU) psychology professor Norman Li could shed some light on Singapore's ever-shrinking birth rate. His study, published earlier this year, shows that Singaporean women are 'significantly' more materialistic than their American peers.

When it comes to looking for a potential spouse, the top criterion for Singaporean women is a man's social status. Next on the list is kindness, followed by a lively personality. In contrast, American women value kindness the most, followed by looks, then a man's social standing.

Prof Li did not ask his subjects for their reasons but said he is not surprised by the finding. 'Maybe Singaporean women are just being realistic. Here, you need a lot of money to survive and afford an affluent lifestyle. Maybe they are just being practical,' he said.

He and his associates surveyed about 400 psychology students aged between 19 and 21, studying at the SMU and the Northern Illinois University near Chicago in the United States, on their attitudes towards marriage, children and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner.

The study found no major differences when it comes to men: Both American and Singaporean men went for looks first. The second most important trait in a spouse for men was kindness and the third was a lively personality.

'Men are wired to go for looks,' he explained, adding that a woman's physical attractiveness is a visual cue for fertility. Features such as 'soft skin, full-looking lips and colourful cheeks' are not just attractive, but also associated with youth, which indicates a woman's fertility. That is why men tend to go for younger women, he explained.

Prof Li, a 45-year-old American-born Chinese, knows this first-hand. His American wife, Ruth, is 21 years his junior. Mrs Li, now a housewife, was his student when he was lecturing at the University of Texas at Austin before he came to Singapore in 2008. They have a two-year-old son, Jasper.

His research also showed that the pursuit of material success is at odds with the desire to settle down and have babies. 'Lots of past research have shown that the more materialistic you are, the less you place value on having friends and family,' he said.

It's a simple trade-off, he added. We have only so much time and energy, and chasing one goal means giving up another ideal.

Another possible factor has to do with one's source for fulfilment, whether it is strong family ties or material success. He said: 'If you have good relationships, you may not need to value material things because you already feel good.'

However, he noted that research has not determined which comes first: 'Do people pursue material goals and then abandon friends and family, or is it because they are no good at having friends and family and so they make up for it by grabbing onto material things?'

He said he decided to study Singapore's baby woes from a psychological perspective after learning that it was an utmost national concern. By and large, he noted, wealthier countries tend to have lower birth rates. Yet 'significant differences' still occur among countries which enjoy similar levels of economic development, he said.

That is why he decided to compare Singapore and the US. Singapore ranks ninth out of 229 countries, while the US takes the 10th place, in terms of per capita gross domestic product, according to the Central Intelligence Agency World Factbook.

Yet the US' total fertility rate (TFR) at 2.05 in 2009 was almost double Singapore's rate of 1.22. Last year, Singapore's TFR, which measures the average number of children a woman will bear in her lifetime, sank to a historic low of 1.16.

Only 37,967 babies were born last year, the lowest number since 2005 when Singapore saw 37,492 births, despite the surge in the number of new citizens and permanent residents in recent years. And only 24,363 couples tied the knot last year - the lowest since 2007, when 23,966 couples wed.

In a Family Research Network forum presentation on singlehood at the National University of Singapore last month, Prof Li pointed out that Singaporeans - both men and women - are 'significantly' less satisfied with life than Americans.

Americans scored an average of five, while Singaporeans came in at 4.38 in his study. The closer the score is to seven, the more satisfied with life the respondents are. Singaporean women were also found to be 'significantly' more materialistic than American women. They polled an average of 3.98, compared to the American women's score of 3.74. The closer the score is to five, the more materialistic one is deemed to be.

While the study did not ask respondents for the reasons behind their answers, Prof Li feels that the relentless rat race and high cost of living are possible reasons Singaporeans are less happy with life and are more inclined to go after money and success.

While it is expensive to live in major US cities such as New York or Los Angeles, there are plenty of places in the US to 'live comfortably' for a lot less money than in Singapore. 'It's not that hard to buy a house and car in the US,' he said.

Besides, with the globalised economy and outsourcing, Singaporeans are vulnerable to losing their jobs to a foreigner any time. 'People can't really relax. Can you really get to the point where you feel comfortable? People just don't get to that point any more,' he noted.

Also, Singaporeans, like other Asians, tend to worry more about life than Westerners, who are 'more relaxed' and more comfortable with facing the unknown.

'I think you have to work really hard and succeed before you can relax here,' he said. 'On average, people in the West are able to enjoy life as they go along. They are not going to kill themselves to succeed.'

So what is the bottom line?

He pronounced: 'Materialism is a double-edged sword.' While materialistic values spur the economy to greater heights, they dampens people's desire for family and children.

His research shows that people who are less satisfied with life and value material success more are less likely to view marriage and procreation 'favourably'. For career-minded women, having children - or more children for that matter - is a drain on their time and resources.

With more women taking on high-flying jobs and their expectations of their partners rising as their own earning power soars, he reckoned getting the dismal birth rate up will be 'very, very difficult' unless a shift in values away from materialism towards more pro-family values occurs.

But beyond saying that more monetary incentives are unlikely to spur the stork to visit more often, he refused to delve further into pro-natal incentives that will work, insisting that is not his area.

His research mainly explores 'what do people really look for in mates' and the science of attraction, love and lust in people, he maintained.

So has knowing all about women's psyche helped in his own pursuit of happiness? Prof Li is the first to admit he has had 'mixed success' and made 'lots of mistakes' in his love life, despite his vast research on the topic. His first marriage, to a former postgraduate course mate, broke down after four years due to 'different values'.

'There's a difference between knowing what you should do and doing it. Doing it is not always easy,' he said. 'I'm reasonably confident that I can tell when someone is interested in me. I can generally interest someone who might be interested in me but I could use more work in the relationship maintenance department.'

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah different cultures different morals. What a life right?

Some can have 4 wives, some can have many mistresses, some can play a lot... depends...

Regarding crossing the line:
1) iS IT ok then to finger her or get her to do a hj for you? or a bj/
2) is it ok to kiss fondle everywhere but no sex?

There are just too much morals involved whenever these stuff are raised, morals are things that are taught, whether they are really applied is another thing.

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Bro not fair to paint us as extreme cases.... For all you know we may be doing the occassional straying too and maybe still would not want any other partner other than our wifes...

So why tar us?

Why mar our reputation....

Dun worry me not angry.....

What i am saying is that most Spore men in that 80-90% you talking off are doing it at one time or the other...

Not true lah , I think Karma & InformedHH are extrem cases can qualified to be Chiong King liao , Haha !
For majority , I would say 80-90% of SG men might do it once or few times in their lifetime , but their heart is alway with the wife and family lah . I am married for 18yrs liao , an occasional stray cannot shake the marriage .

InformedHH
16-06-2011, 03:10 PM
We all know that Singaporean men go Changi village for Ah Kua ??

Singapore men go Desker road for Thai ah kua

They go Orchard Towers for pinay/ahkua

they go KTVs

they go MPs

they go Music lounges like Da Lu / papaya garden / midnight lounge etc....

Even prc girls go hdb estates to capture the ah peks heart....

so are we kidding anyone here by saying that most singapore men are saints/

What about the pubs in tanjong pagar?

What about joo chiat that is now cleaned out?

What about paramount hotel bars?

What about Katong bars?

What about Chinatown side/

What about the huge number of Singapore cars that trawl geylang?

What about the Singapore men who overseas for sexcations or sex vacations?

Batam/thailand/malaysia etc

Hey comeon guys and girls who are we kidding?

Lets admit what is the truth....

all of the above opportunities are catered primarily to singapore men not foreignners. if bangla go geylang the pimp dun even accept him

hpy090909
16-06-2011, 04:14 PM
This thread moves too fast to catch up ...please help me please please please

Hi guys , in a bit of a rush therefore din have much time to read the 300++ pages i have a couple of questions which i hope some kind soul can help me with

my situation
-------------
i intend to rent a house/apartment somewhere near 2nd link area
i work at west coast
i have a small motorcycle and a weekend plate car
i will be staying alone
budget : RM 1000-1200 /month

questions
1) which area house/apartment will fit my budget ?
2) is nusa perdana good/ safe ? (RM 800- RM1000/mth)
3) i saw nusa perentis houses going for only about RM 600/month ...is the area safe ?
4) setia eco garden is about RM 1000-1200/mth ....wu hua boh ? too big for 1 person ?
5) if i need to reach work at west coast by 8am, what time do i have to reach checkpoint assuming (a) riding motorcycle (b) driving
6) i have cats which i intend to bring over with me to JB , any tips or recommendations ?
7) internet service ...which service provider for mobile broadband and fixed home internet ?
8) Hiring maids....how much ? got part time ?

Thank in advance

-----------

vincentck
16-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi then u better dont apply for PR or SG citizenship yet ... make sure u settle your car issue.. cos if u get a JB car and drive to SG on a daily basis, u for sure need to pay $400 a month on VEP ( mon-fri ) but for petrol, road tax and insurance etc.. u pay ringgit, which is already very much difference.. For insurance, normally a guy pays S$2000 in Singapore but in Malaysia it is average about S$1000 only. For road tax of course the difference is there too!

For Civic 1.3l, is the power the same as 2.0? Thats what I heard previously. Actually I am now exploring a diesel car.. just that the diesel tax is a headache.. For diesel cars I dont have to pump every 2-3 days.. perhaps once every 1-2 week and its just RM 1.80

Actually we were thinking of getting a nice conti SUV in MY, price-wise will definitely be cheaper... but need to calculate lots of stuff... petrol, road tax, insurance, maintenance, repairs, etc. A 2.0L car road tax is only RM450, but it's very expensive in SG...

When the Civic 1.3 has a charged battery, the power is slightly higher than a 1.6... not close to a 2.0.

youtalkcock
16-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Channel information
<table> <tbody><tr><td class="detailitem" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Network Name:</td><td>AnonOps</td></tr> <tr><td class="detailitem" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Channel Name:</td><td>#OpMalaysia</td></tr> <tr><td class="detailitem" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Last users:</td><td>162</td></tr> <tr><td class="detailitem" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Last updated:</td><td>2011-06-16 14:12:49</td></tr> <tr><td class="detailitem" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Current topic:</td><td>[+CTnrt] NO DDOS, NO LOIC, NO TAKING DOWN - IDEAS AT http://codepad.org/VFi2mktC
DNS HOW TO VIDS http://goo.gl/8wsPi
HOW TO BYPASS FILTER: http://bit.ly/kL8yoK
ENGLISH ONLY PLEASE THANKS
Channels for DDoS: #OpV #Operationfreedom #opitaly
</td></tr> </tbody></table>

Usage graphs
Day | Week | Month | Year
http://netgraphs.mibbit.com/channelgraphs/288432258_week.png

vincentck
16-06-2011, 04:33 PM
ofcourse la.... still considered married just only.....

Long way to go sia....

Hello married men.... What do you guys think? Vincent got a long way to go right guys?

Ok we shall not spoil ur cake for the moment....

Enjoy the moment while it lasts and we pray and wish that it lasts a life time...

Hahaha... thanks AP... sounds ominous... i'm not worried... i know who I married... looking forward to my life time with my wife

vincentck
16-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I am selling my MY registered car. A Kia Forte SX 2.0 6 speed the latest. More info and specs at www.nazakia.com.my Bought at RM 97,800 (OTR)

Anyone interested, please PM me. Thanks.

Thans Bro... but i'm looking for a SUV... dwan to get a normal sedan if I can help it. All the best in finding a buyer for ur car.

euphony
16-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Actually we were thinking of getting a nice conti SUV in MY, price-wise will definitely be cheaper... but need to calculate lots of stuff... petrol, road tax, insurance, maintenance, repairs, etc. A 2.0L car road tax is only RM450, but it's very expensive in SG...

am thinking about the same thing too. something to iron out the uneven road surfaces with ease which are plentiful around in MY. then dump in all the 95 it could take and pass to my small sg car. =p

i was passing through the sg customs @ woodlands earlier tonight, this nice lady was trying to expedite the queue coming out of her small pod to get my passport and then again to return me. complimented her. made my night!

Investor
16-06-2011, 05:15 PM
SINGAPORE : Residents living in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties.

This is because the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will build a station there that will integrate the upcoming Thomson Line (TSL) with the proposed Rapid Transit System (RTS) link between Singapore and Johor Bahru.

An area near Republic Polytechnic is where the northernmost terminal station of the Thomson Line would be located.

There will also be an interchange at the existing North-South line's Woodlands station for commuters to transfer onto the Thomson Line which is slated for completion by 2018.

Director at Dennis Wee Group, Chris Koh, said he expects property prices near the station to rise, especially once the RTS Link is completed.

"I won't be surprised if prices go up by 5 to 10 per cent easily. I know of people today who stay in JB and travel to Singapore, and I know of people in Singapore going all the way to JB every weekend. As long as you have a car you will frequent up and down."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1135483/1/.html

I also got to know many of them in sammyboy forum's thread "Living in JB" =D

jasonjst
16-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Bro not fair to paint us as extreme cases.... For all you know we may be doing the occassional straying too and maybe still would not want any other partner other than our wifes...

So why tar us?

Why mar our reputation....

Dun worry me not angry.....

What i am saying is that most Spore men in that 80-90% you talking off are doing it at one time or the other...

Bros ,
Sorry to sadden you .
Just feel that your view on women are too extreme liao leh . Maybe your view might change someday if you meet a women who really care for you ?

karmabear
16-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Ah... I not so hardcore to defend Singapore men blah blah blah... I got job to do, $$$ to earn, things to do, women to be with... I dunno what is cheong king, extreme etc... It's just normal lor... Like eating, sleeping ... Very big deal meh? All I can say is I don't cheat women's feelings, dun flirt with my colleagues. Some men like the thrill of the chase and say my view of life is very primitive. I just think it's more efficient :D:D:D

hpy090909
17-06-2011, 01:00 AM

Hi guys , in a bit of a rush therefore din have much time to read the 300++ pages i have a couple of questions which i hope some kind soul can help me with

my situation
-------------
i work at west coast
i will be staying alone

questions
3) i saw nusa perentis houses going for only about RM 600/month ...is the area safe ?
4) setia eco garden is about RM 1000-1200/mth ....wu hua boh ? too big for 1 person ?
5) if i need to reach work at west coast by 8am, what time do i have to reach checkpoint assuming (a) riding motorcycle (b) driving
6) i have cats which i intend to bring over with me to JB , any tips or recommendations ?
7) internet service ...which service provider for mobile broadband and fixed home internet ?

Thank in advance

hpy090909
17-06-2011, 01:01 AM

my situation
-------------
i work at west coast
i will be staying alone

questions

Thank in advance

euphony
17-06-2011, 01:34 AM
questions
many different types of houses there. if hiring maid then no problem.

check this (http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/2010/11/bringing-dogs-from-singapore-into-johor.html) out

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Answers in line(to the best of Wuqi's limited ability)

my situation
-------------
Good call, since you are alone, even an apartment will do
i work at west coast
Understandable then, it will be pretty good for you and convenient too
You can travel in 2 modes, sweet
i will be staying alone
For this price, even gated/guarded terraces in some areas are no problem

questions
Very many, www.iproperty.com.my
No comment
No comment
Not a bad choice but maybe too big?
You have to leave early, safest is 6am, 6.30am is the max although you can sometimes stretch it. I arrived in town at 8.50am after leaving the my HH home at 7.54am.
Need to go through quarantine but no issues, my tenant has 5 cats and brought them all over from SG.
For mobile broadband Celcom is what i will recommend if you use a lot, Maxxis will charge you if you are over their maximum usage limit. For home broadband, Streamyx is good, check if you can get Unifi.
About 1k RM a month depending on the country, etc. Best to get a cleaning company to come in like once a week or once a month. Cheap and good, lots of choices.

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Someone was talking about Horizon residences ( not sure who ) and urges us not to buy.. Can go into the details? As I have personal friends and clients who have bought several units at this condo without any hiccups, I am quite keen to check things out

That could be me? OK, Wuqi and 2 neighbours went there. One wanted to buy, the other (a lawyer) checked and was told that their claims that they could build another access way through connecting to UEM road is false. In the end, UEM even erected embarrasing signs on the roads basically giving the Mahabuilders(those behind Horizon Residences) the finger. Mahabuilders are mainly known for building lost cost stuff. This was what a formerly very keen guy shared with me as i brought him there as well

It was so funny, Horizon Residences showroom has so many copied views of the golf course in Horizon Hills. Its just making use of the height of the condo units to see some parts of HH's golfcourse. Most would probably not see anything much unless they are staying on the highest floors. If they have that road successfully connected, i would consider it still ok actually, else if one has to go through the estate to get there, its pretty inconvenient especially at night.

Meng968
17-06-2011, 03:41 AM
I did calculate for the same car in MY & SG, it's cheaper to drive a MY car for the first 4-6 years (depending on how much you drive) before the $20/day makes it more expensive to drive a MY car into SG... my calculation included cheaper MY roadtax (only RM450 for a 2.0l car), lower insurance and maintenance cost and of course MY petrol... for the long-term (>5 yrs), cheaper to drive a SG car in SG.

I would suggest driving your MY car as you can start saving from now till 4-6 years. who knows what will happen in future..
Just my $0.02 cents.
cheers.

abugumgum
17-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Thank in advance
-----------

Mobile Internet - Maxis is fast but can be costly if usage exceed monthly quota.
Digi is cheaper but slower, less coverage.
Check at respective provider web sites for coverage before signing up.
Seems that all providers has 7 days cooling period for new sign ups.

Home Internet - I used P1 WiMax (does not need a phone line unlike ADSL). Advantage is, if you go on road trips, you can bring along to use whenever you can plug the ac power in and of course in areas that has coverage.

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 04:41 AM
My 2c....

In terms of coverage Celcom (recommended by Wuqi) and Maxis are the best. Their coverage is good and speeds are good as well.

However if you ask me in terms of speed which is the fastest? Then the obvious answer is Maxis.

So which is the cheapest then? Its Digi....

So in terms of $$

Maxix (most expensive)
Digi (Cheapest)

and Celcom in between

Now if you intend to have digi go to the digi website and check if ur area is covered.... using the coverage map.... And then choose...ur network.....

Although they claim to offer up to 14.MBPS.... that never happens....

The Digi Network usually varies between 384kbps and 700+ kbps depending on the plan u sign up for.

However I have tested Maxis in several parts of Johor during the time i had nothing much to do and i got speeds of atleast 6MBPS.

So ensure that you position your antennae to get the best Signal.....

Maxis has a starter pack at Rm 99. Comes with 1.5GB data /30days whichever comes first.....

They give you a HSDPA modem....

Use that and connect to the net.... Its important to place ur dongle correctly so that you are able to log into their HSDPA channel and not the GPRS channel...

I think they have just come up with a new promo for Rm 70 unlimited.

dunno the details....

Mobile Internet - Maxis is fast but can be costly if usage exceed monthly quota.
Digi is cheaper but slower, less coverage.
Check at respective provider web sites for coverage before signing up.
Seems that all providers has 7 days cooling period for new sign ups.

Home Internet - I used P1 WiMax (does not need a phone line unlike ADSL). Advantage is, if you go on road trips, you can bring along to use whenever you can plug the ac power in and of course in areas that has coverage.

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Check this out guys for those looking for speed....

http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/latest/Mobile_World_Road_Test.JB_Kuantan.April_2011issue. pdf

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Some of us called these women names. Was that fair? I dun think so... Some of us cast aspersions on these womens characters... Was that fair?

I think we should not discredit these women until the final outcome of investigations on both sides is clear.....

No media judgin....

Must be innocent until proven guilty not otherwise.......

Lastly..... it may be ok for us guys to take of our clothes.... but for women its traumatic.... specially in unknown quarters... when they dunno whats gonna happen next? they could have even got raped... the trauma is hard to erase.....

So if we did cast aspersions on their character we owe an apology to ourselves first for pre judging them....

Jun 17, 2011
JB officials suspended over nude squat claim
Singapore to monitor closely outcome of Malaysia's investigation
By Tham Yuen-C

TWO Johor Baru immigration officials have been suspended over the treatment of the Singaporean women detained last week - as the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it would 'closely monitor' the outcome of Malaysia's investigation.

The two women have said they were ordered to undress and do squats after accidentally passing through immigration without getting their passports stamped.

Malaysia's Immigration Department director-general Alias Ahmad said yesterday that the officials have been suspended until the seven-man panel completes its investigation. Meanwhile, the MFA said the allegations 'are serious and raise concerns'. 'We welcome the quick announcement of the Malaysian authorities of an immediate investigation,' said a spokesman.

Malaysia set up its multi-agency inquiry on Wednesday to investigate the incident, which has led to criticism of the women's treatment from both sides of the Causeway.

The committee, comprising officials from the police, prisons, immigration and detention centre departments, headed to Johor yesterday to start the probe. Mr Alias told the Nanyang Siang Pau newspaper the committee has been instructed to complete the task in five days, then submit a report to the Immigration Department. He said it would summon the two Singaporean women if necessary.

He stressed that their detention was legal as they had broken Malaysia's Immigration Act and did not pass through the biometric fingerprint checks.

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Jun 17, 2011
Unmanned checkpoint booth confuses S'poreans

The Malaysian immigration case involving two Singaporean women allegedly detained and forced to do squats naked by Malaysian immigration officers has made another Singaporean tell citizen journalism website STOMP about his experience with unmanned checkpoint booths. -- PHOTO: STOMP

THE Malaysian immigration case involving two Singaporean women allegedly detained and forced to do squats naked by Malaysian immigration officers has made another Singaporean tell citizen journalism website STOMP about his experience with unmanned checkpoint booths.

Eric claims a Malaysian checkpoint officer had allowed him to pass through without stamping his passports.

He said: 'My wife and I had a similar encounter with an unmanned booth that showed the green light, with the barricade lifted up. Fortunately, we were on our way out of the country. When it was our turn, we stopped at the booth and looked inside.

'There was an immigration officer who sat in the background, arms folded and expressionless. The lights inside were not switched on. Thinking there was another booth up ahead, we drove on.

'To our horror there was none and we were already out of Malaysia when we realised it. We felt compelled to drive on and it was only when we arrived at the Singapore side and narrated our encounter to the Singapore immigration officers that we were advised to return to the Malaysia side to have our passports stamped.

'We also understood from the conversation that our encounter was not unique. The incident had caused us much confusion and inconvenience. The Malaysian government must be responsible for such irresponsible conduct of its civil servants and not push the blame on innocent tourists.'

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 05:12 AM
S'poreans in 'nude squat' case to give written account
AsiaOne
Thu, Jun 16, 2011

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a statement regarding the case of the two Singaporean women who were recently detained in Malaysia.

"We welcome the quick announcement of the Malaysian authorities of an immediate investigation into the ill-treatment of the two Singaporeans at the Pekan Nenas Detention Centre. The allegations made by the two Singaporeans are serious and raise concerns".

"The two Singaporeans have told MFA that they will provide us with a written account of what transpired. As soon as we receive it, we will give their statement to the Malaysian High Commission. Hopefully this will help the Malaysian investigators come to a quick conclusion. We will closely monitor the outcome of the official investigation".

Asked about previous cases of Singaporeans who had encountered problems on leaving Malaysia, the MFA Spokesman confirmed that there had been several previous cases of Singaporeans who had reported that their passports were not stamped at Malaysian Immigration checkpoints and who had thus encountered difficulties on exit.

The Spokesman added, "We remind all Singaporeans travelling to Malaysia, and in particular those travelling to Johor by road, to be vigilant and ensure that their passports are stamped at entry and exit by the Malaysian Immigration authorities".

In the most recent case, the women were arrested at the Sultan Iskandar Immigration checkpoint in Johor Baru on June 9.

According to various media reports, they were told to strip, perform 10 squats and jailed for the night before being released at about 5pm the following day.

An investigation board in Malaysia, known as the Malaysian Immigration Special Investigation Board (LPKIM), is now probing whether the arrests were done according to the law, according to Immi_gration director-general Datuk Alias Ahmad.

In a statement yesterday, he said: "The board will make recommendations for the department to carry out."

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 05:14 AM
On a different note DBSS flats launched in tampines at a whopping price of S$880k.

Any clue where prices are headed?

Tampines residents asset value goes higher??

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 06:08 AM
I am glad i got MACS for all my family members the first chance i got so that i save them any possible hassle. This finger scanning exercise should be scrapped for Singaporeans though, that part i definitely agree to smoothen out the traffic.

Bro AP, you are right, we should not be too quick to judge but the circumstances surrounding the case is tenuous at best and i would definitely love to give the benefit of the doubt. The detention part i can understand but the squatting one, unless demographics or stats shows a high risk of drug mules from SG, else from their passports, if they are Singaporeans, its easier to understand and exempt. I just had this discussion with a learned colleague over lunch.

He told me, maybe this is because of our open FT and free PR/Citizenship/Passport policy, such that the SG passport is cheapened because any Tiong, Dean or Lahkopi can just use our passport to enter and do "business" there so they may be just exercising caution. Still too heavy handed though. One of their China sounding name also tarred the perspective on the case in a way.

I do apologise.

Btw, as usual, we have someone jumping on dissing MY the first chance she gets, (its she now as she claimed to be a "he" who has done NS and always uses "others" in her arguments) yet somehow, (puzzling to me) she is always going into Johor.

Last time, she claims she always goes in through BMW, now through bus, next she will claim motorcycle maybe. Always dissing people for buying cheap houses that are only HDB prices, yet doesn't realise many have more than 5-6 "HDB" houses already. No matter, i try not to dwelve in to the psyche but i do deplore the education standards here which makes people only ponder constantly about problems more than the solutions.

Evidently, the little thin book, Who moved my cheese is too thick for some people.

Still remembered someone commanded me on the comms to do A + B so that i can get to C and D. I suggested the quickest yet most proper way which is to do E and then you can resolve A-E. In the end, its his way or the highway, we did his way and worse got lost and in the end there was a still a small window of opportunity but even that was lost as he took too long to make up his mind/too afraid of looking bad.

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Aiyo Bro you sound like an A* Researcher....

Can you please help me decipher.....

So chim leh...

I am desperately looking for the book ":Power of the Subconscious". I had the original and pirated copies of that 5 years ago.... i somehow misplaced both.

Now moving heaven and earth to find the same.

Btw, as usual, we have someone jumping on dissing MY the first chance she gets, (its she now as she claimed to be a "he" who has done NS and always uses "others" in her arguments) yet somehow, (puzzling to me) she is always going into Johor.

Last time, she claims she always goes in through BMW, now through bus, next she will claim motorcycle maybe. Always dissing people for buying cheap houses that are only HDB prices, yet doesn't realise many have more than 5-6 "HDB" houses already. No matter, i try not to dwelve in to the psyche but i do deplore the education standards here which makes people only ponder constantly about problems more than the solutions.

Evidently, the little thin book, Who moved my cheese is too thick for some people.

Still remembered someone commanded me on the comms to do A + B so that i can get to C and D. I suggested the quickest yet most proper way which is to do E and then you can resolve A-E. In the end, its his way or the highway, we did his way and worse got lost and in the end there was a still a small window of opportunity but even that was lost as he took too long to make up his mind/too afraid of looking bad.

Analytical Professor
17-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

Have renewed mine as well.

Please ensure that guys who wanna renew/apply MACS that pp validity is atleast 2 years (not a day less).

I am glad i got MACS for all my family members the first chance i got so that i save them any possible hassle. This finger scanning exercise should be scrapped for Singaporeans though, that part i definitely agree to smoothen out the traffic.

Skippy
17-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

Please ensure that guys who wanna renew/apply MACS that pp validity is atleast 2 years (not a day less).

Hi Bro AP,
May i find out from you regarding the renewal...
1. Where did u do the renewal? Any other place to do this renewal?
2. Did u pay any fees?
3. passport photo needed if done MACS previously?

Sorry to trouble you cos the other time i heard you guys mentioned abt the Danga Bay one... not to sure about this ... mine expiring in Aug...
Thanks for your kind help in advance....
Cheers..

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:04 AM
On a different note DBSS flats launched in tampines at a whopping price of S$880k.

Any clue where prices are headed?

Tampines residents asset value goes higher??

Its just beside the block opposite mine. I wonder whether it has any impact of the sales price of my block. :)

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Come Jul 1 the KTM will move it station to Woodland. May I know where is the exact location? Anyone knows?

I heard that you can get KTM ticket at half price if you get in malaysia instead of Singapore. But not at the station at the custom. May I know that if I buy the tickets at the kempas train station, any discount for that?

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

They still need to scan it correct? So what if they don't scan it? Can get into trouble? I don't see any designated lane for MAC holders? So still have to queue the way in if there is jam before the Malaysia custom?

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Check this out guys for those looking for speed....

http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/latest/Mobile_World_Road_Test.JB_Kuantan.April_2011issue. pdf

Thanks for the report AP bro. Seems like Celcom is the best followed by maxis. ;)

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Some of us called these women names. Was that fair? I dun think so... Some of us cast aspersions on these womens characters... Was that fair?

I think we should not discredit these women until the final outcome of investigations on both sides is clear.....

No media judgin....

Must be innocent until proven guilty not otherwise.......

Lastly..... it may be ok for us guys to take of our clothes.... but for women its traumatic.... specially in unknown quarters... when they dunno whats gonna happen next? they could have even got raped... the trauma is hard to erase.....

So if we did cast aspersions on their character we owe an apology to ourselves first for pre judging them....

Jun 17, 2011
JB officials suspended over nude squat claim
Singapore to monitor closely outcome of Malaysia's investigation
By Tham Yuen-C

TWO Johor Baru immigration officials have been suspended over the treatment of the Singaporean women detained last week - as the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it would 'closely monitor' the outcome of Malaysia's investigation.

The two women have said they were ordered to undress and do squats after accidentally passing through immigration without getting their passports stamped.

Malaysia's Immigration Department director-general Alias Ahmad said yesterday that the officials have been suspended until the seven-man panel completes its investigation. Meanwhile, the MFA said the allegations 'are serious and raise concerns'. 'We welcome the quick announcement of the Malaysian authorities of an immediate investigation,' said a spokesman.

Malaysia set up its multi-agency inquiry on Wednesday to investigate the incident, which has led to criticism of the women's treatment from both sides of the Causeway.

The committee, comprising officials from the police, prisons, immigration and detention centre departments, headed to Johor yesterday to start the probe. Mr Alias told the Nanyang Siang Pau newspaper the committee has been instructed to complete the task in five days, then submit a report to the Immigration Department. He said it would summon the two Singaporean women if necessary.

He stressed that their detention was legal as they had broken Malaysia's Immigration Act and did not pass through the biometric fingerprint checks.

I think no matter how suspicious those women looked if they can't find any evidence of them carrying drugs or illegal things into the country, they should not be treated with such hostilities. Not even the part about crossing the border at such wee hours.

And also if they are suspected for carrying drugs in their body, how come they don't have any scanner to scan them?

Very suspicious neh!

hangyong
17-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

eh? MACS valid for only one year, but passport needs at least 2 years validity??

hangyong
17-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Come Jul 1 the KTM will move it station to Woodland. May I know where is the exact location? Anyone knows?

I heard that you can get KTM ticket at half price if you get in malaysia instead of Singapore. But not at the station at the custom. May I know that if I buy the tickets at the kempas train station, any discount for that?

The woodlands train station will be at the current location where it let people drop off to go through the Singapore customs??

just that it now lets people get on the train from there instead, no?

Yes, once inside Malaysia, you can get tickets at same price as Singapore, just that its in RM. e.g Singapore - Kulai $5, Kulai - Singapore RM5

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:56 AM
eh? MACS valid for only one year, but passport needs at least 2 years validity??

Its a stupid rule right? Then I will have to waste one year renewing passport before expiry date. This rule should be changed to 1 1/2 years instead.

hangyong
17-06-2011, 09:57 AM
DIM SUM at Horizon Hills soon!!!

http://horizonhills.filmgrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/IMG_2596.jpg

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 09:59 AM
The woodlands train station will be at the current location where it let people drop off to go through the Singapore customs??

just that it now lets people get on the train from there instead, no?

Yes, once inside Malaysia, you can get tickets at same price as Singapore, just that its in RM. e.g Singapore - Kulai $5, Kulai - Singapore RM5

But then since they have already moved there, what is the point of building another place for it to come back into to the island just to be intergrated to the MRT? Shouldn't it be the MRT being build to go in to JB instead?

hangyong
17-06-2011, 10:04 AM
But then since they have already moved there, what is the point of building another place for it to come back into to the island just to be intergrated to the MRT? Shouldn't it be the MRT being build to go in to JB instead?

the MRT station and link to JB cannot be completed so soon mah... earliest 2018.

so now, Singapore wants the track in Singapore and Train station land back, so exchange those with 6 parcels of land (4 near marina bay sands, 2 near to Concourse), and let the train stop at woodlands customs there, let singaporeans get on the train and chop passport.

I think both the singapore and malaysia customs will be at the same location, else, it will be like malaysia customs chop passport on the train.

hangyong
17-06-2011, 10:09 AM
ok, confirm... both the Singapore check point and the malaysia CIQ will be located at the same location in Woodlands, where the train currently stops.

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 10:14 AM
the MRT station and link to JB cannot be completed so soon mah... earliest 2018.

so now, Singapore wants the track in Singapore and Train station land back, so exchange those with 6 parcels of land (4 near marina bay sands, 2 near to Concourse), and let the train stop at woodlands customs there, let singaporeans get on the train and chop passport.

I think both the singapore and malaysia customs will be at the same location, else, it will be like malaysia customs chop passport on the train.

So if link to JB is completed at 2018, and they annouced that KTM link to MRT to complete at 2018, then not right leh...

What I mean is that if link for KTM to MRT is completed by 2018, then the link for MRT to go into JB should start to be contructed from 2018 onwards and to be completed at don't know what date already. Don't know if I can live long enough to see it too.... :(

hangyong
17-06-2011, 10:17 AM
So if link to JB is completed at 2018, and they annouced that KTM link to MRT to complete at 2018, then not right leh...

What I mean is that if link for KTM to MRT is completed by 2018, then the link for MRT to go into JB should start to be contructed from 2018 onwards and to be completed at don't know what date already. Don't know if I can live long enough to see it too.... :(

nono....

in 2018, the MRT will depart from woodlands (near Republic Poly) to JB. you will see Singapore immigration there by then I guess (since its going to be a 40 hectare area)
At the same time, KTM train will no longer be coming into Singapore at all.

ginfreely
17-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Why would they get worried? The daughters have their boyfriends to stay together after marriage.. the only son will get to inherit the dad's asset of which one of a house. Of course they dont have to work because there is no need to. Theres always me and my wife as their ATM you see.

oic the son is taken care of and the daughters expect no need to help pay mortgage next time...haha you can't be their ATM forever, unless you are a bank!

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 10:22 AM
nono....

in 2018, the MRT will depart from woodlands (near Republic Poly) to JB. you will see Singapore immigration there by then I guess (since its going to be a 40 hectare area)

I thought so at first. But on second read, it doesn't seem like this leh.... :(

ginfreely
17-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Aiyo Bro you sound like an A* Researcher....

Can you please help me decipher.....

So chim leh...

I am desperately looking for the book ":Power of the Subconscious". I had the original and pirated copies of that 5 years ago.... i somehow misplaced both.

Now moving heaven and earth to find the same.

Haha yeah lor, who is this person that wuqi referring huh? I also curious to know who is the one wuqi said of goes in through BMW, now through bus, always dissing people of buying cheap houses lah blah...how come i don't recall coming across such person in this forum?!

BTW I also commented on this nude squat case after AP posted the article - on how anything can happen if end up in the police station there. Hey so what even if the women are PRC converted Singaporeans going in at 1.30am for whatever reasons, they are human beings and should not be subjected to abusive degrading treament. Yes, we're merely guests there with no citizen rights, but we are all human beings with basic human rights. All human beings should voice out against such abuses.

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 10:30 AM
nono....

Confuse me liao???

Anyone can help me? Is 'Rapid Transit System (RTS) link' = MRT :*:

hangyong
17-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Confuse me liao???

Anyone can help me? Is 'Rapid Transit System (RTS) link' = MRT :*:

thats my understanding.... :-)

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 10:40 AM
thats my understanding.... :-)

Sounds like KTM to me lah.... ?!!?

hangyong
17-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds like KTM to me lah.... ?!!?

because from what I understand, there will be no more train by KTM coming into Singapore in 2018 when the RTS system starts.

On 24 May 2010, the two prime ministers of Malaysia and Singapore signed a historic agreement to settle the long-standing railway land issue. They agreed to:
1. relocate the Malayan railway station and CIQ facilities in Tanjong Pagar to the Woodlands train checkpoint by 1 July 2011;
2. operate a rapid transit system between Tanjung Puteri, Johor Bahru (JB) and Singapore by 2018, with a single CIQ in Singapore, and consider relocating the railway station from Woodlands to Johor;
3. swap the railway land in Singapore for six plots of land of equivalent value;

source - http://media.propertyguru.com.sg/pdf/DTZInsight-MalaysiaSingaporeRailwayLandSwapJanuary2011.pdf?bc si_scan_C9336ABEB6918C0E=0&bcsi_scan_filename=DTZInsight-MalaysiaSingaporeRailwayLandSwapJanuary2011.pdf

cathylmg
17-06-2011, 10:55 AM
because from what I understand, there will be no more train by KTM coming into Singapore in 2018 when the RTS system starts.

Means if to be intergrated by 2018, the malaysian site will have to start the project construction by now. Given that they have rubber time frame for everything in time. But I don't see anything here yet leh....

hpy090909
17-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Answers in line(to the best of Wuqi's limited ability)

my situation
-------------
Good call, since you are alone, even an apartment will do
i work at west coast
Understandable then, it will be pretty good for you and convenient too
You can travel in 2 modes, sweet
i will be staying alone
For this price, even gated/guarded terraces in some areas are no problem

questions
Very many, www.iproperty.com.my
No comment
No comment
Not a bad choice but maybe too big?
You have to leave early, safest is 6am, 6.30am is the max although you can sometimes stretch it. I arrived in town at 8.50am after leaving the my HH home at 7.54am.
Need to go through quarantine but no issues, my tenant has 5 cats and brought them all over from SG.
For mobile broadband Celcom is what i will recommend if you use a lot, Maxxis will charge you if you are over their maximum usage limit. For home broadband, Streamyx is good, check if you can get Unifi.
About 1k RM a month depending on the country, etc. Best to get a cleaning company to come in like once a week or once a month. Cheap and good, lots of choices.

thanks so much for the help , regarding leaving home time ...even if i ride bike also must leave by 630 AM ?

austin_hts
17-06-2011, 11:45 AM
All planning stage.... no firm announcement yet... *sigh* ... MRT or RTS not confirm also.

... "The MRT project will be developed in five or six phases. The first phase is expected to be completed by 2020. The announcement will be made by the Prime Minister, if the proposal is accepted." .... a BIG 'IF' ...

Anyway, I am waiting for the good news ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iskandar Malaysia to get new rail line
Apr 13, 2011 - HomeGuru.com.my
A mass rapid transit (MRT) system stretching 500km has been planned within Iskandar Malaysia to enhance connectivity, said Ismail Ibrahim, Chief Executive of Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).

“The MRT project will be developed in five or six phases. The first phase is expected to be completed by 2020. The announcement will be made by the Prime Minister, if the proposal is accepted,” he said.

Mr. Ismail noted the IRDA is planning to develop a bus rapid transit (BRT) system, before expanding it to an MRT system.

“The proposed BRT is about 400km with various phases. The first phase will be about 40km. Connectivity must be established within Iskandar, as well as how Iskandar is connected with the outline region, including our neighbour,” he noted.

“There is actually no discussion with regards to extending the MRT from Singapore to Johor but there has been discussion about wanting to look at connectivity between Johor Baru and Singapore by (use of) rail, which could be an MRT system. It might so happen to be the same system or it might be a dedicated system.”

IRDA has been tasked with planning, promoting and facilitating the development of Iskandar Malaysia into an internationally recognised metropolis.

He said Iskandar Malaysia aims to attract RM13 billion worth of annual investment into the region, with another RM73 billion in investment targeted over the next five years, after the completion of education and tourism projects by 2012.

“Iskandar Malaysia has moved into Phase 2 of (the) Iskandar Malaysia Comprehensive Development Plan (2006 — 2025), with the completion and deliveries of major infrastructure and iconic investment projects, recording RM28 billion at end of 2010,” he said.

Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim, Chief Executive Officer at Iskandar Investment Bhd, said the launch of Iskandar Investment, starting 2011, would push forward the influx of projects and human capital into Iskandar Malaysia.

“This will contribute not only to Malaysia's expected growth of five percent to six percent in real gross domestic product in 2011 but also support our nation's aspirations of becoming a high income nation by 2020,” he noted.

Means if to be intergrated by 2018, the malaysian site will have to start the project construction by now. Given that they have rubber time frame for everything in time. But I don't see anything here yet leh....

polyman
17-06-2011, 11:58 AM
The CIQ/checkpoint is the biggest obstacle to free flow traffic between the 2 countries. I hate it when all lanes converge to one after boot checking at Singapore side. Does the authorities realise it is stressful to nego out from the lanes?. Can they really catch something just from a cursory glance of the boot?. i know many will say aiya just only couple of seconds to open boot and check...but you multiply by the hundreds if not thousands of cars...

I envision a future whereby Asean is truly integrated and travel across Asean countries is barrier and passport free....i guess i may be dead before this happens.

In the meantime, as long as the finger printing is still ongoing, I will definitely avoid JB. No point spending in a country that makes you wait for hours and treat you like criminals.

vincentck
17-06-2011, 03:16 PM
am thinking about the same thing too. something to iron out the uneven road surfaces with ease which are plentiful around in MY. then dump in all the 95 it could take and pass to my small sg car. =p

i was passing through the sg customs @ woodlands earlier tonight, this nice lady was trying to expedite the queue coming out of her small pod to get my passport and then again to return me. complimented her. made my night!

My reason to get a SUV is so that I sit higher than the cars and can see how far is the traffic when I'm stuck in a jam... heheh... also, can carry more stuff, useful for when I move house since I'll be moving twice in the next 2 year.

But the thing is, SUVs will always have higher fuel consumption than sedans... so, still doing the maths to see whether its worth it.

Wow, at least the MY immigration ppl are doing something abt the queue.

Narmi
17-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Yday exchange rate at bedok interchange wic sis cathy recommended was 245.1rm.

jasonjst
17-06-2011, 04:19 PM
My reason to get a SUV is so that I sit higher than the cars and can see how far is the traffic when I'm stuck in a jam... heheh... also, can carry more stuff, useful for when I move house since I'll be moving twice in the next 2 year.

But the thing is, SUVs will always have higher fuel consumption than sedans... so, still doing the maths to see whether its worth it.

Wow, at least the MY immigration ppl are doing something abt the queue.

Bros ,
Can buy any SUV that is diesel in MY ? If got , is it worth the saving in fuel comsumption ?

cockcansing
17-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Wah sad... Price drop so much? When I got mine it was almost same price as the 2.0!!!

If driving alot of city, Prius uses less petrol than the civic hybrid. Highway about the same for both.

Next week going to try go up Cameron in one tank. Last time reach simpang pulai with 1/4 left, quickly go pump.

Bro I drove from Penang (After penang bridge) to somewhere near Kulai if not mistaken, with 1 fuel tank. Hehe. That is with my civic hybrid. But overall on highway when max out or above 130 its below 13km/l

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Ginfreely/AP, yes ever since i made my point about moving out to JB a couple years back. She (was a He back then) continuously called people parasites, etc, i wonder what NS/babies has she contributed to Singapore to give her the right.

Its fine to cast asperations on others, i do have properties here but i have always asked folks to buy direct from the developers rather than subsale. After failing numerous times to character assasinate, i guess she was upset that she can't find the "angle". If i really wanted money, there are more than 1 way to earn and i would earn it in USD/AUD/SGD and not MYR. I really don't have to waste my time earning coins so to speak.

I have no need to prove myself further, people here and some in HH will know whether i ever benefitted from their purchases, i don't need to put my name in the papers and put my forum name in as well. Even when a couple of guys want to look for me to thank me or treat me coffee/dinner, give ang pao, when have i ever accepted, through PM or through friends?

The interview i gave, i used the same forum name, i don't need to solicit publicity by writing to the forum or having my ego stroked by putting my real name beside the forum alias.

One minute, its a he, then its a she. Then calling people names and saying they only have a 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor. Then talk about plantations when she herself has no idea of what has changed. Worse, then it becomes crime and when that didn't work, giant termites and mosquitoes. Obviously one who has not been to Tekong or even Bukit Timah hill. One day coming in by BMW, then by bus. Always criticizing yet still coming in regularly all the same. The inconsistency speaks for itself.

What weapon is she talking about, has she ever handled one in the first place? Where would she be in times of war? Talking as if she has suffered for the country, i am sorry guys for the rant, for this is the first and only person i have ever looked upon with sheer disdain and contempt.

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Bros ,
Can buy any SUV that is diesel in MY ? If got , is it worth the saving in fuel comsumption ?

Got to www.carlist.my

I go crazy everytime i see this:
http://www.carlist.my/used-cars/keywords/hummer/

If you really buy an SUV, please look at the Hummer although its not fuel efficient in ever sense of the word.

cockcansing
17-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Bros ,

There is the Mitshubishi Pajero Sports that is 2.5l diesel engine going about 150k new

johnny333
17-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Take note that SUVs are more susceptible to rolling over because of it's high centre of gravity. To find out more just google :)

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Just got frustrated, i am really just trying to help here. Now i really feel sad, my wife always chides me for wasting my time here when i can make easy money even after my office hours. I always, always tell people to come in to buy and stay, if they want to make money, its their own perogative. You can certainly do and make but how am i benefitting when i am asking people to buy direct and from developers?

I mean, you don't want to come in, its your business, don't need to always take potshots at others. Not everyone aims to make a fast buck. Most of my houses are for own use and only 1-2 for long term. Just because of these 1-2 houses i need to spend time helping others? I mean, its not just housing that i am helping out on. I can count with half of the fingers on my hand, those who know who i am in real life. I really did get PMs to meet, etc but i don't need to be thanked, neither am i involved in any property business at all. The property guys i posted for don't even know who i am online, how to make any money? I make money everytime someone goes to iproperty.com or HH or EL? What do i gain out of helping people get a place or fix lights/aircon? I am in that business too?

Maybe the next time i see someone in need, especially if from Singapore i will not stop. I know deep down, i will still want to help though but its precisely because of people's mindset like that these days, folks just drive walk by when they see an accident or people who fell. No one cares anymore and you are looked upon with fear, suspicion and surprise if you do as much as help out people in need.

Just like those who did nothing when my dad was involved in an accident years back in CTE because of a lady who drove whilst putting on make up. Luckily there were witnesses as she claimed my dad drove into her. A few times, i saw accident or car stalled, even the normal guys driving came and helped push or push it to start. Are they all out to get something?

Now its my turn to ponder as I really wonder whats her motive though, i don't see her(its a her now) posting elsewhere and always only posting about dissing MY. Since she hates it so much, why come at all as its so dangerous and hazardous especially in her "BMW" - Some folks think BMW is BIG DEAL and looks down on houses that are just worth one HDB. How many HDB can/do one own in SG in the first place?

I am sure there are lots of people who have E class when they are 25 and another BMW 2 years later. The minute you talk about something she has no answer to, she tries to command you/diss you further by laughing at you.

wuqi256
17-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Like what people said, best to just ignore and don't let people like that spoil your weekend. I feel much better now after airing this out.
Agree on the SUV posting though, more prone to roll though a Hummer is still one of my dream cars although i am still a sedan guy.

I still remembered looking at a Z4 or even a Viper as these were so affordable back in the states.

jasonjst
17-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Got to www.carlist.my

I go crazy everytime i see this:
http://www.carlist.my/used-cars/keywords/hummer/

If you really buy an SUV, please look at the Hummer although its not fuel efficient in ever sense of the word.

Bros , Hummer cost almost 400K , exactly the price of my JB house ! haha ! Anyway wont be buying anying until I fully retire in JB , many years down the road .

vincentck
17-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I would suggest driving your MY car as you can start saving from now till 4-6 years. who knows what will happen in future..
Just my $0.02 cents.
cheers.

Thanks.... will probably nee to re-calculate since they don't allow Msians driving SG cars to pump RON95 in MY anymore... let's see what the figures say...

jasonjst
17-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Wuqi bros , actually you should careless what those naysayer talk about you or JB . For me , I bring my friends and relatives , show them around and let them know that this place can be a good alternative to quality living . It is up to them to regrett if they dont act earlier . Well, a few are conviced and three have committed , still many are skeptical . I have done my job , gained nothing but spend numerious hours and money for makan instead. I do notice a swing of opinions after the GE2011 , maybe people confident are shaken liao . For me I dont really help those who I dont know well , simply because got no time for them . I also dont really care what forumers thinks as I dont know who they are , are they a real person ? What you are doing is correct , simply tell them what is best for them , up to them to decide.

vincentck
17-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Bros ,

Sorry, I haven't research diesel SUV vehicles yet... also, if I'm not mistaken, diesel is RM1.80 now in MY. I only know there are a lot of trucks using diesel, but seldom hear of SUVs using diesel

jasonjst
17-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I haven't research diesel SUV vehicles yet... also, if I'm not mistaken, diesel is RM1.80 now in MY. I only know there are a lot of trucks using diesel, but seldom hear of SUVs using diesel

Oh yes , one bros just pointed out they sell Mitsubishi SUVs 2.5L . @ RM 1.8 is OK , can save $$ on fuel . Power should be good especially now got turbo , but high speed maybe not very good .

vincentck
17-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Take note that SUVs are more susceptible to rolling over because of it's high centre of gravity. To find out more just google :)

True... which was why I was eyeing the Volvo XC60 with it's features to prevent rollovers...

Avonup
17-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Wuqi,
Good that you feel better. Continue your wonderful contributions. Helping people is a given grace. It makes life more meaningful and full-filling.
Sadly and pityful for people who never give a helping hand to someone in desperate need for help. Also sadly to those that don't contribute but always take advantage, criticize and lack respect for others.
Since we are this topic, I would like to express that I do get quite disturb when strong foul language were used in this public forum. This forum are read by wivies and children. I see it as a downgrading on the reputation of this forum.

Bro Wu, I see your sentiments and sometimes is good to air it out and put things in their proper place. Exchange of different opinions are healthy but insinuation and accusation will eventually make this forum ugly. Generally, this forum has been very information and beneficial. Helping hands were willingly offered from our regular contributors. I thinks we should keep it this way and be thankful to those who have spend much time making this forum a success. Do enjoy you weekend, treat them as noises. Rest assure there are people out there that can see and appreciate the good deeds. It is in your nature to help and it is very hard and meaningless to be something that is not youself. When we finally rest one day, we would feel good that we have done the things we really want to do and depart meaningfully, peacefully.

Wish the world can be more caring. Be happy always, Cheers.

Like what people said, best to just ignore and don't let people like that spoil your weekend. I feel much better now after airing this out.
Agree on the SUV posting though, more prone to roll though a Hummer is still one of my dream cars although i am still a sedan guy.

I still remembered looking at a Z4 or even a Viper as these were so affordable back in the states.

Avonup
17-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Wuqi,
Good that you feel better. Continue your wonderful contributions. Helping people is a given grace. It makes life more meaningful and full-filling.
Sadly and pityful for people who never give a helping hand to someone in desperate need for help. Also sadly to those that don't contribute but always take advantage, criticize and lack respect for others.
Since we are this topic, I would like to express that I do get quite disturb when strong foul language were used in this public forum. This forum are read by wivies and children. I see it as a downgrading on the reputation of this forum.

Bro Wu, I see your sentiments and sometimes is good to air it out and put things in their proper place. Exchange of different opinions are healthy but insinuation and accusation will eventually make this forum ugly. Generally, this forum has been very information and beneficial. Helping hands were willingly offered from our regular contributors. I thinks we should keep it this way and be thankful to those who have spend much time making this forum a success. Do enjoy you weekend, treat them as noises. Rest assure there are people out there that can see and appreciate the good deeds. It is in your nature to help and it is very hard and meaningless to be something that is not youself. When we finally rest one day, we would feel good that we have done the things we really want to do and depart meaningfully, peacefully.

Wish the world can be more caring. Be happy always, Cheers.

rhino
17-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Dear folks, may I check how much do you usually pay for deposit for subsale property like HH? Thanks!

Malapore
18-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Visited Fairway Suite and Horizon Residence yesterday with my KL friend who works in SG. When I was the one who suppose to buy either one, my friend couldn't resist and took the plunge. After comparing both development, he decided to buy HR. Booked a unit and will arrange for SPA signing in due course. In the end, I still couldn't decide.

jasonjst
18-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Visited Fairway Suite and Horizon Residence yesterday with my KL friend who works in SG. When I was the one who suppose to buy either one, my friend couldn't resist and took the plunge. After comparing both development, he decided to buy HR. Booked a unit and will arrange for SPA signing in due course. In the end, I still couldn't decide.

Maybe I got old grandfather thinking , but I think buy something that got a piece of land , the bigger the better . In the very long run , the brick and mortar are not going to worth that much . KL ppl got different thinking , anything that can get faster return can liao ! I bet your friend wont buy HR if he feel that if cant make a single cent in years to come . For SGean like us , the priority is really not about making money , more about quality living and buying something of a dream home. You want to make faster return , dont tell me you must come JB to buy house ?

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Does anyone know if want to reach west coast by 8am ...by 2nd link

(1) if by motorcycle ..wat time must reach custom latest
(2) if by car ...wat time must reach custom latest

Thanks

euphony
18-06-2011, 02:25 AM
True... which was why I was eyeing the Volvo XC60 with it's features to prevent rollovers...

am also looking at that! Or an audi Q5.

Narmi
18-06-2011, 02:45 AM
am also looking at that! Or an audi Q5.

Me too! Currently i got the next best/cheaper alternative the Terios7 suv hahah. Previous 2 was mpv mitsbishi n picnic. U lookg to buy sg or my plate?

euphony
18-06-2011, 02:59 AM
i was surfing around and saw this (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-33-jalan-bahagia-4526162). I wonder if its the norm these days. Its a no-brainer if I have that kind of money I would quickly plonk it down on a freehold choice development in JB enjoy the lush surrounding greeneries and privacy. Actually i say let the common folk naysayers keep on living their dreams in SG and see them ruined a little at a time. When there come a time when the majority of the population are looking northwards, it'll be too late. Of cos JB is no Shen Zhen but SZ of yore was nothing, looked nothing like SZ circa the new millenium. those who've gained the most are the earlier settlers. The latter adopters don't see a competitive advantage anymore as property prices are just as dear as HK. Slowly but surely. 1 yr at a time (2012). 1 highway at a time (coast/edl), 1 project at a time (legoland), 1 'quitter' at a time etc. Its like the tortoise and the hare's race.

Also sometimes, its much more than material. Families like some forumers here are enjoying more quality time and interaction with their kids here in JB. Even the kids are preferring here to SG what does that say?? =)

29ers
18-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Sat : 18th June Traffic update

hmmm seems like things are returning to normal now (last week of school holiday)

9am drove into SG....Traffic towards JB, not much of a Q, barely 100m. As compared to last week, it was like 500m as of 9am.

Cheers

euphony
18-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Me too! Currently i got the next best/cheaper alternative the Terios7 suv hahah. Previous 2 was mpv mitsbishi n picnic. U lookg to buy sg or my plate?

MY plate =)
In SG I'm biased more towards super minis easier to maneuver in heavy traffic and tight parking.
woo terios is quite the looker. pretty lean on fuel consumption too i hear!

avalon74
18-06-2011, 03:11 AM
i was surfing around and saw this (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-33-jalan-bahagia-4526162). I wonder if its the norm these days. Its a no-brainer if I have that kind of money I would quickly plonk it down on a freehold choice development in JB enjoy the lush surrounding greeneries and privacy. Actually i say let the common folk naysayers keep on living their dreams in SG and see them ruined a little at a time. When there come a time when the majority of the population are looking northwards, it'll be too late. Of cos JB is no Shen Zhen but SZ of yore was nothing, looked nothing like SZ circa the new millenium. those who've gained the most are the earlier settlers. The latter adopters don't see a competitive advantage anymore as property prices are just as dear as HK. Slowly but surely. 1 yr at a time (2012). 1 highway at a time (coast/edl), 1 project at a time (legoland), 1 'quitter' at a time etc. Its like the tortoise and the hare's race.

Also sometimes, its much more than material. Families like some forumers here are enjoying more quality time and interaction with their kids here in JB. Even the kids are preferring here to SG what does that say?? =)

Jalan Bahagia.. hmm close to my flat during teen years.. the psf is based on the sellers asking price instead of valuation price.
My take is that HDB pricing shd be affordable to extend that there is no out of pocket payments for loan duration.. (Hope they come down to reasonable valuations.. the new DBSS at Tampines with 800K for 5yrs is too high for 99 yr leasehold)
JB property on other hand will need cash to finance since we do not have EPF..

Narmi
18-06-2011, 03:13 AM
MY plate =)
In SG I'm biased more towards super minis easier to maneuver in heavy traffic and tight parking.
woo terios is quite the looker. pretty lean on fuel consumption too i hear!

Haaha thank you but lack power (my mitsubshi was 2.4 n picnic 2.0)due to 1.5l but it does its job well lah no complaint n best of all my coe that time was only 1k+ hehe. Gd thg buy my plate is u can own d veh as long as u want not 10yrs n need to renew coe after that.

euphony
18-06-2011, 03:22 AM
ya if financing 2 places will be quite siong (1 in sg and 1 in JB). Lest the earlier one is rented out.

avalon74
18-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Did an evaluation for working couple earning 5K or more below age 35.
(23% contribution rate)
Total OA contribution would be 2300 pm.

The highest price that would not require out of pocket cash payment for a HDB would be 575K at 30 yr hdb loan (2.6%) & monthly repayment of 2300.

But it be be rare for young couples to get 5K straight out from Uni..
It would be much more difficult for poly dips in this case..

avalon74
18-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Ya.. that is why my hdb fully financed using CPF & took a humble intermediate terrace at less than 300K RM.. hehe

Narmi
18-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Ya.. that is why my hdb fully financed using CPF & took a humble intermediate terrace at less than 300K RM.. hehe

Smart move bro. I cleared my hdb loan fully via my cpf already. Now focusing on my jb home. But unfortunately unlike u i need to get above rm500k cos my wife only gave green light this year after 10yr of subtle persuasion :)

avalon74
18-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Smart move bro. I cleared my hdb loan fully via my cpf already. Now focusing on my jb home. But unfortunately unlike u i need to get above rm500k cos my wife only gave green light this year after 10yr of subtle persuasion :)

Wah.. cleared you HDB so soon? good Job..
For me likely will clear JB property 1st as I plan to clear within 10 yrs due to unpredictable BLR rates which had been increasing..
For CPF OA, initially 20K earns 3.5% so no pt doing lump sum repayment.. hehe

Narmi
18-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Wah.. cleared you HDB so soon? good Job..
For me likely will clear JB property 1st as I plan to clear within 10 yrs due to unpredictable BLR rates which had been increasing..
For CPF OA, initially 20K earns 3.5% so no pt doing lump sum repayment.. hehe

True bro that is a good plan also with the % gain. I also plan to clear asap (10-12 yrs) d jb hse but this may need some belt tightening as in hols only in MY :) n plonkg wateva bonuses into clearg d loan. Now exchange rate is super gd esp in bedok interchange as recommended by sis cathy so i exchang in bulk la for safekeepg towqrds servicg d loan.

avalon74
18-06-2011, 03:58 AM
Yah.. Only managed to get rate of 244.2 yesterday at NB but bedok interchange was 245.1 as informed by forum bro..

For me, part of the bonus goes to SRS to reduce the taxes.. also will need to provision for replacement car within next few yrs as the car loan rate is higher since its neither annual/monthly rest.. just hope that COE returns to a more realistic figure.. the current COE alone is more than the price of my car & COE bot in 2006..

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 04:11 AM
can someone help me with this question please

Does anyone know if want to reach west coast by 8am ...by 2nd link

(1) if by motorcycle ..wat time must reach custom latest
(2) if by car ...wat time must reach custom latest

Thanks

euphony
18-06-2011, 07:33 AM
oops apologies

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 11:33 AM
fot the MACS ....must show that go in and out at least 4 times ah ? they will really check this ah ?

hangyong
18-06-2011, 11:51 AM
fot the MACS ....must show that go in and out at least 4 times ah ? they will really check this ah ?

For my case, yes. My mother in law went in only twice in the past month and applied with us, the officer say cannot.

Then give them explanation that we have house in Malaysia and she staying with us from now on, then they say ok.

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 12:17 PM
For my case, yes. My mother in law went in only twice in the past month and applied with us, the officer say cannot.

Then give them explanation that we have house in Malaysia and she staying with us from now on, then they say ok.

when renewal of the MACS dunt need 4 times already right ?

Narmi
18-06-2011, 01:58 PM
when renewal of the MACS dunt need 4 times already right ?

I dun think so bro. When i do macs they neva chec d passport also. Till now dey neva scan my finger nor my passport

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I dun think so bro. When i do macs they neva chec d passport also. Till now dey neva scan my finger nor my passport

so 1st time need subsequently dunt need already am i right ?

hpy090909
18-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Narmi
18-06-2011, 02:20 PM

It depends. Some dun care some do chec. Maybe u can tell u just boght hse in jb so will be going in often in case u yet tO enter 4 x

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks Avonup and Jasonjst.

Spent the day at our shop today(not property), tiring day as had to do free IT and technical support for my wife and her company but we found a ladys bag behind our shop. It was opened and all contents thrown out and about. There was also a bowling ball in a black covered bag that was thrown just besides it. I surmised someone must have used this to bash her window in without making a sound.

My family immediately said to ignore, etc as we are foreigners here but i said, if we can find her name or contact, we should call her and return it. Everyone said no, as too much trouble, what if she asks questions since there isn't anything left inside except her cards like driving license, etc. Since everyone was trying to avoid problems and very much against me helping, i asked if my principal (MY) if she could help, in the end she did helped and called the lady to come.

We told the lady, seriously all the money is gone, but all your important identity/driving cards are here, there is a thumbdrive as well as your bank cards. She was very happy, turned out that she drove to a very dark carpark near to the Carrefour at Tebrau area and took her bag out, then changed her mind and put it under the car seat. Someone must have seen it and decided to get away with it.

In the end, we are just glad that at least she didn't have to suffer further by having to cancel or to redo all her important cards.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:31 PM
By the way, best way to get MACS is through either

1. Bring photos and your house S&P if you purchased a property to Danga Bay, near the Tune Hotel.

2. Bring to CIQ (Woodlands) and show them your passport, some bros said earlier they will need you to show them VISA stamps of at least 4 times in a month. Recently in some earlier posts, saw some bros had the good experience that they didn't bother. Still, best to be safe if one can but since you are going to go in 4 times anyway to "earn" the MACS, might as well apply for it the first time you go, that way, if they close one eye, then you don't need to go again. If they don't allow, you would have just wasted 30 minutes of your time and just continue on your original journey.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Rhino, its 10% if i understand correctly. Places like Nusa Sentral still accepts $500 RM as deposit and Nusa Duta accepts $1000 RM.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Went to Nusa Duta today as one of my friends has bought more there, this time, a semi-d. Met new friends there as some has bought the last few semi-ds. Now prices ranges from 830-900 RM for a semi-d. Again, their design was pretty good, only thing was the kitchen was in the living room area albeit shielded by a glass panel. Finishing quite ok as the developer even fixed stuff before the customer raised the defect.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:41 PM
A friend of mine shared with me his experience buying a house, some developers are quite good, because he already has 2 houses, his third one he couldn't get a loan for 80% and had trouble with paying the additional 10% as he could only get 70% loan. In the end, the developer just asked him to write in and willing to extend 2-3 months for him and even 1 more month after that if he has trouble raising money. Some folks are really sympathetic. They also didn't raise the price he bought his unit for despite other similar units that were sold after that as he delayed the first appointment. In the end, i helped him with the first payment and banker told us that he is so lucky, others had to pay 30k more but as they already agreed for my friend, they still proceeded. On paper, he has made 30k even before he signed. Quite a good bro of mine, he has a big family so glad for him. He is also moving his family and extended family and friends over here.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:43 PM
With insurance and roadtax being affordable, its always tempting to get another car whenever you go to www.carlist.com.my. I would strongly advise not to go there, i am pushing myself very hard not to as well. Some of the MPVs there, are very tempting, must....not.....go.....over.....to....that....web. ...site.....

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:44 PM
It depends. Some dun care some do chec. Maybe u can tell u just boght hse in jb so will be going in often in case u yet tO enter 4 x

Thanks for sharing Narmi, however if you say that, some may ask you to bring your Sales & Purchase agreement (SP/SPA)

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Btw, just to share,my bro got a loan with one of the banks (EON) at basically 4.2%.
Your mileage may vary

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:49 PM
For bros who are looking for maps, there is a Xin Xin bookstore at Tesco, they also have a mini bookfair(lots of Chinese books including "Zhou Yi, Lun Yu", etc) at discounts. They are displaying lots of maps at the mini bookfair at Giant, 2nd floor. Quite a few items on 20% discount including Chinese and Malay books. Most importantly are the maps since there is a lot of different state maps on sale including one book that was mapped out using GPS and gives you GPS type of directions to various new and coming locations in Iskandar. About 24-25 RM if i remember correctly. The good map for Johore area is about 10-11 RM.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi Hangyong,

I think they have relaxed quite a bit since the last time, remembered some bros here didn't even got checked for the VISA stamps.

contra
18-06-2011, 07:05 PM
That could be me? OK, Wuqi and 2 neighbours went there. One wanted to buy, the other (a lawyer) checked and was told that their claims that they could build another access way through connecting to UEM road is false. In the end, UEM even erected embarrasing signs on the roads basically giving the Mahabuilders(those behind Horizon Residences) the finger. Mahabuilders are mainly known for building lost cost stuff. This was what a formerly very keen guy shared with me as i brought him there as well

It was so funny, Horizon Residences showroom has so many copied views of the golf course in Horizon Hills. Its just making use of the height of the condo units to see some parts of HH's golfcourse. Most would probably not see anything much unless they are staying on the highest floors. If they have that road successfully connected, i would consider it still ok actually, else if one has to go through the estate to get there, its pretty inconvenient especially at night.

Hi Malapore,
Let me add to the sentiment. I read in the Malaysian Edge newspaper last year that Mahabuilders are 'turning around' an abandoned development and now calling it Horizon Residences. I recall the psf if quite expensive. If has to be condo, Fairway Suites better for the ambience. But I prefer house - otherwise missing a big positive of living in JB.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Bro hpy, 6.30am is safest, 7am is if you really want to try or if that day, you know you can be a little late just in case.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Agree with you contra, thats what i came out here for, it might be different for other people though as different folks = different needs.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Today, when we went to Nusa Duta, i finally got the reward from people in JB
and developers.

My real motive for helping people online is now finally out! Its all that i wanted
and craved in the past 2 years.

I received, a grand total of:

1. 2 cups of orange juice
2. 11 sticks of satay
3. Beehoon and some fried rice
4. Plus 4 meals in restaurants from relatives and friends
5. Assorted coffee, cakes from same relatives and friends
6. Discount of less than 1000 RM for the unit i purchased, same discount as all the rest of my friends/relatives received.

There, now i have admitted it, this was what i received. My real motive. :)

My wife just laughed at this she said i must really be earning exceptionally little to want to spend my time doing all this for the great rewards. She, my kids and family would have all starved to death by now if this really made any money for me.

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Contra for your encouragement, if i really started all this/have to resort to this to get interest in order to make money. I would have made it easier and faster through stocks or property in SG in the early years.

Depending on a forum to make people interested so as to wait a couple of years to profit and that is if it goes up? The odds are more against me than if i dump 100k into BAC right now. If i have to wait to profit like this, i must either be:

1. Earning or bringing home very little
2. Only able to afford 1 HDB and nothing else

I may be excited at times and even carried away by the good news i see or hear from my friends but i always put forth the saying to buy to stay, even got good, well intentioned folks upset as i tried to steer the topic away from investing in jb to avoid continued accusations from people like him/her.

Even now, every other posts or new thread from him/her is talking bad about here and sarcastic remarks about castles, etc. If i didn't know any better, i would have thought it was sour grapes. Its one thing to try to deceive, its another to believe ones own lies.

If MY that bad, i wonder why he/she goes to MY so often, the latest installment is now not in BMW, bus but flight to KL. Just like what the big government companies did when they first started buying/developing in JB yet papers still dissed JB? Another case of do as i say, not as i do? The thing that kind of immortalized it for me was when he/she started trying to scare people with tales of large mosquitoes. What next? Monstrous flies? When i shared this story with friends, they automatically told me likely this person is a woman, never did NS before. I mean, are Singaporeans really so helpless that they cannot survive insects, were there no mosquitoes at all in Tekong? Are you sure these were all SG mosquitoes? Tekong looks nearer to MY then to SG in my humble opinion.

I mean, please don't tell me mosquitoes obey country/nationality laws,so what is in Johor will not be able to fly to SG and vice versa? If there weren't mosquitoes in Singapore and spreading dengue, would there be so many fines and forced entries in HDB units to check on stagnant water? Until now, still doesn't understand the logic, probably never will.

Cheers Contra :)

wuqi256
18-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Happy Sunday too, my neighbour came to jio me today for fishing as they were going to desaru, damn missed it as i was away at the shop today.

By the way, bros who sign up for the Streamyx plan, they will usually give you a free normal phone and one cordless one as well. If they don't give it to you when doing the installation, you can always go down and ask for one.

hpy090909
19-06-2011, 03:16 AM
can anyone recommend a rental agent or a place to stay ??? still undecided to go for condo or house

Inception
19-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Here is an article to share...

The Role of Residential Property in Personal Investment Portfolios: The Case of Malaysia

Full article: http://www.prres.net/Papers/Tan_residential_property_in_personal.pdf

Abstract
Residential property has long been recognised as an important component in a household’s overall wealth. The sheer magnitude of purchasing a house has compelled households to commit a disproportionate amount of their funds to own a house, leaving little capital for other kinds of investment. The findings of this study show that an allocation between 50% to 65% of the available capital to residential property, particularly in Terraced houses, in any of the 5 main regions, and with the balance invested in bonds will produce a superior personal investment portfolio, in terms of enhanced risk-adjusted return and significant reduction in the overall risks. Holding a non-diversified portfolio not only produces sub-optimal return, but also exposes households to greater risk which can easily be minimised through mixed asset portfolio diversification.

Tan Ken Yeng
School of Construction, Property and Planning
University of Western Sydney

Ting Kien Hwa
Department of Estate Management
University of Technology MARA

tansi
19-06-2011, 04:07 AM
About a year ago when i applied, the officer really checked. But he was helpful and advised that i shoyld make at least 4 trips within a calendar month, then apply before the month ends. if i came the following month, then trips of the previous month would not be counted and it didn't matter my passport was full of chopes. so i followed the advice and got it at the end of the following month.
it may sound silly but we hv to conform to their rules. quite sure some foreign visitors may find our way too rigid

Inception
19-06-2011, 06:16 AM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="600" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The Gateway Precinct In Horizon Hills on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills">The Gateway Precinct In Horizon Hills</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The play court just by the door steps on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia">The play court just by the door steps</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The play court just by the door steps on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps">The play court just by the door steps</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

hpy090909
19-06-2011, 06:57 AM
does anyone know of any hotels neat 2nd link ? wish to try out the traffic situation at the customs before commiting to moving there

mallow
19-06-2011, 07:34 AM
does anyone know of any hotels neat 2nd link ? wish to try out the traffic situation at the customs before commiting to moving there
Gelang Patah has some small hotels which look a little hairy. Might check out those in Perling like the Pariss Hotel, which is not that far from the second link, and close to most of the developments mentioned on this site.

mallow
19-06-2011, 07:37 AM
On to food: for lovers of karna - the many varieties of fruit preserved in salt and sugar - try the spotless Mr Sotong in Perling, same block as the Maybank and Public Bank, just behind Queen Park kopi tiam and sprawling food stalls. Not the absolute cheapest, but still very reasonable and compared to Singapore prices, positively a bargain.
The name disguises the large variety of keropok, nutmeg and other ointments, biscuits and tarts and other delights. But it is the karna that one goes for, with sampling encouraged! Dunno how, but we managed to walk out with RM$80 worth. Make sure to ask for the reddish Taiwanese fruit, preserved ginger and the ambrosial orange peel....
My first offering on an attempted blog for food. [puterim.com]
Anyone been here? Ask for Jimmy.
Any better places for karna??

vincentck
19-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi everyone, at 3pm on 19th June, I managed to exchange SGD to RM at 2.445 at People's Park Complex; Indian money changer inside the airconditioned area, better than the Chinese one outside with long queue at 2.442

hpy090909
19-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Gelang Patah has some small hotels which look a little hairy. Might check out those in Perling like the Pariss Hotel, which is not that far from the second link, and close to most of the developments mentioned on this site.

any links to this hotel ?

Whats4
19-06-2011, 03:23 PM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="600" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The Gateway Precinct In Horizon Hills on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-gateway-precinct-in-horizon-hills">The Gateway Precinct In Horizon Hills</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The play court just by the door steps on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps-asia">The play court just by the door steps</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf"/><param name="quality" value="autohigh"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed src="http://www.360cities.net/javascripts/krpano/krpano.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="700" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="autohigh" flashvars="pano=http://www.360cities.net/krpano/external_embed/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps.xml&epd=http://www.360cities.net/data/embed/plugin_data/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps"></embed></object><br/><a title="panorama photos of The play court just by the door steps on 360cities.net" href="http://www.360cities.net/image/the-play-court-just-by-the-door-steps">The play court just by the door steps</a> in <a href="http://www.360cities.net/area/asia" title="panoramic images from Asia">Asia</a>

nice place. but i believe the price should be quite steep. :p

Avonup
19-06-2011, 06:02 PM
My pleasure Wuqi.
I just had to come in and say what needs to be said. Fairness is the motto.
May this forum continues to live like a warm welcoming community.
Cheers...

InformedHH
19-06-2011, 07:57 PM
HH salesman here is it?

Please stay away.

Dun wait for me to abuse u.

Start a separate hh thread if u want

mallow
20-06-2011, 03:05 AM
any links to this hotel ?
There are a few hotels, all small. After clearing Immigration, Customs and the Toll booth, so straight and leave the highway at 312B - Gelang Patah. Turn left at the metal globe. The first turning on the left again leads you to a hotel immediately. There are others if you cruise around. Pariss Hotel is on the net.

cathylmg
20-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Good morning everyone here in 'Living in JB'!

Saw Wuqi's rant on naysayer but didn't have enough time to respond. Wuqi, its better to put such character aside. Just treat it as noise. You'll never know where these people are coming from. This is afterall a free-for-all forum. But we as Singaporeans in JB, I think we should help standup for each other. Right follks? ;)

Saw something talking about cars, well I've learn something. That SUVs consume fuels and tend to roll over. I hear you. Happy car hunt! :)

The exchange at Bedok interchange beside the Bata shop and the 4-D still has the highest rate for those living in the east.

Yesterday was fathers day, we had bbq at our car pouch but our celebration was ruined by the tripped wire of the water heater. Oh well, there will be another Father's Day next year. :D

Went to a relative's terrace house in Singapore. Met some Malaysian folks from Malacca. Malaysian is the most sceptical about Malaysia properties. Again they tried to scare me with crimes and inequality of treatments between the Bumis and the other races. All I can do is :X and smile......:) Then they tried to accuse me of wanting to live in a terrace house, blah, blah, blah....eh...I want to retire mah..... smile....

The traffic to and fro conditions have gone back to normal. I think they have totally stopped the idea of the finger print scan. Wise move.

Hey! Now this thread has become my diary of living in JB. LOL!

cathylmg
20-06-2011, 04:11 AM
This is the news on Straits Times. I thinks it confirmed although the detail will only be announced on 2013.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_680818.html

aangsc
20-06-2011, 04:15 AM
[QUOTE=wuqi256;756575]Happy Sunday too, my neighbour came to jio me today for fishing as they were going to desaru, damn missed it as i was away at the shop today.

QUOTE]

Ha Ha , fishing at Desaru ? I was there on Sat morning. No fish lah. Wanted to rent a boat but the resort sport center said no fishing boat also . Got to go with line fishing rod and bait at the seaside ram. Two hours later, give up, the water too murky. Saw some nice spot for boat fishing near the bridge , wonder whether there is any fishing trip near there. Look like good spot for crabbing too, like the old punggol swamp.
The journey there was pleasent with smooth road and nice new bridge , the full journey takes only one hour from Senai start point of highway.