• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok i am now targetting shophouses too as there is just too much action in this market, i am planning to get at least 1-2 before the prices become unreachable. Shop houses near Nusa Bestari are all worth looking at as some allows you to use the 2nd or 3rd floor for residence.

Perling side generally would be bad, avoid. Johor Jaya side, avoid at all cost.

Hi Bro,
The Nusa Bestari ones you mentioned are from KSL? Any idea where is the sales office there? Thanks..

deadsoulz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi256,

I'm new here , after reading all the information provided, I'm very interested in Horizon Hills. Care to share the loan interest provided by M'sia banks? I undestand M'sia banks provide loan based on BLR(Base Lending Rate). If its not convenient to post the rate here, kindly PM me. Thanks in advance.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
deadsoulz
The current housing loan offers should be around BLR(6.05%) -1.8 to 1.9%, depending on the loan amount.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, most of the places which I had mentioned/posted here, I had already visited the sites. For banda Dato Onn, I had also seen already. Thats why I mentioned its relatively a new estate. I seek ur opinion cos of ur expertise in JB properties. U definitely know more than I do cos I dont stay at JB...yet. And also at the same time by posting this particular property, hopefully I am also sharing with fellow bros here. Opinions may differ but its ok. As for end June deadline, most of the corner terraces also cost near to 1/2 million. So really..not much diff come July, imo. :wink::o

Ok, i just wanted to be sure as i didn't want you to lose out as you commented on a couple of places earlier and then turned out you never been there. Of course, different opinions or views are welcome to be discussed. I am also here to learn other than share what little i know.

Oh i see, so you are looking at corner terraces, a neighbour of mine(also from SG) bought a cluster with large piece of land for about 700k. Right if you are looking for corner, its no different but a big difference if you are in the market for an intermediate one as there are still some below 400k at HH.
(All pricing in RM)

I know this as a couple of personal friends are now badgering me to help them with locating a property there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
noted with thanks.

Bro toyohon is spot on, sorry for the late reply.

Also to all bros, i understand if you want to buy cars, they are raising the interest rates soon and also the government may implement a form of GST?
Anyway, thats what i heard, please let me know if you know otherwise and share here. What i understand is, if you want to buy car there, get it real soon.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hmm...talking abt pricing > RM$500K. Juz the other day....early May, called up the Sales executive of Taman Sutera. KNN, instead of helping to close the deal for the co, he told me that banks already not accepting application of loans for properties below $500K (for foreigners) cos by the time they approved, it may be July already. I think they are co staffs...dont get any commission unlike property agents. But when I approached other developers eg Setia Gp and Johore land, they dont have any problems accepting buyers. Yes, even now still submit for loan approval.

Ok, that is strange, maybe will be different if you try other banks such as Eon, etc? They are pretty aggressive from what i understand.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I also sharing with fellow bros here. My property agency friend saying the developer engaged them to sell these property to sinkapore lang. The price for the corner units is SGD $200K and and any price above this amount the agency can pocket the difference as their commission. Got June deadline or no deadline is making no difference coz they is pricing it above RM $500K. :biggrin:

Wow,that is real bad, i suggest not to join those tours but maybe come into the sales office, ask price first and then if they ask where are you from, say you live in Perling or something to that effect. Then after getting the price, talk further. Just my 2 cents worth.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
IOI Johor properties are located at Kulai which is close to what, 30 km from JB. The properties there are relatively cheaper and bigger but unless you seldom or don't have the need to travel to Sg daily/often, it is, in my opinion, too far away.

Thanks toyohon, Ok if its in Kulai, it is a bit far, i remember it recently took me more than 35 minutes driving pretty fast to get there from JB. Housing there are much cheaper though if you take into account the psf.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lucky I bought last year when the rate was BLR-2.2%. Heng ah!:biggrin:

Wow lucky you, i got in last year too, a bit late but still managed to secure BLR-2.1%.

That time there were so many naysayers and yeah in a way, i waited a bit too long for their buy in as i missed out on the earlier promotion HH had, well still luckily i forged on.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow lucky you, i got in last year too, a bit late but still managed to secure BLR-2.1%.

That time there were so many naysayers and yeah in a way, i waited a bit too long for their buy in as i missed out on the earlier promotion HH had, well still luckily i forged on.

Yeah, now all those naysayers stopped their attacks. Some even curious how I get this lobangs. What a big difference within these few months...haha....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well done, i am happy for you. Even one of my sceptical guys just came in and brought their friends in just to see things here. One of them also just bought a place near to me but now he is paying a bit more than i did as he came in a bit late.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done, i am happy for you. Even one of my sceptical guys just came in and brought their friends in just to see things here. One of them also just bought a place near to me but now he is paying a bit more than i did as he came in a bit late.

Its going to get more and more expensive to buy a house in JB. We already bought ours. And only if I can afford another one..... :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its going to get more and more expensive to buy a house in JB. We already bought ours. And only if I can afford another one..... :biggrin:

Oh yes it is, with increasing bank loans etc. Actually come to think of it, i feel sad as recently a friend who bought properties here, when he went to collect his keys he was in a foul mood.

This was as he received bad comments about property in JB, etc. I know he wasn't blaming me but i felt sad he thought that way. Luckily one of my neighbours was there and showed him the list of pricing for the property here now and showed him that he didn't make any loss at all but made paper gains instead. In fact, my neighbours brother was keen to get his terrace in the golf as the terraces were all sold out right after he bought his.

His wife also brought in some folks from SG and they were quite impressed as well. In the end, he felt better and bought us tim sum at a nearby place in Nusa Bestari, was lucky we found this gem of a place as not too many people knew (nice tim sum, cheap too!!)

I guess time will prove things, i just got a very excited call from him just now, he was saying something about the SG government working more and more with MY to the point of lower roaming or SMS charges? I just came back so if anyone could share it, it will be good.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extracted from ST.

MOBILE roaming charges between Singapore and Malaysia are set to fall significantly by year-end.

The Singapore and Malaysian Government on Tuesdday announced that they have sent a proposal to their respective mobile operators to cut mobile charges by up to 30 per cent for calls and 50 per cent for text messages.

The two countries announced that they were looking to cut roaming charges in 2008. Since then, the two countries telecommunications regulators have been in discussions on the issue.

Two months ago, the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore and its Malaysian counterpart, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), sent an official proposal to mobile operators on the proposed reduction in charges.

Both countries' telcos are now studying the proposal, said Acting Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Radm (NS) Lui Tuck Yew, who announced the impending price cut at a joint-briefing with Malaysia's Minister of Information, Communications and Culture, Dr Rais Yatim at the Malaysian pavilion at the IMBX show. Radm (NS) Lui said the 'significant' reduction will benefit many in the two countries, from those who call family members in Malaysia to tourists and businesses.

'The proposed reductions could only be possible due to the continued close relations between Singapore and Malaysia,' the two countries said in a joint-statement. An update is expected by the third quarter of this year, and if all goes well consumers can expect the reduced roaming charges to kick in by this year.

*PS: Can you provide location of this Tim Sum place. I always wanted to try tim sum nearby but could not find any around Bukit Indah.
BTW, my place at gateway could actually receive Singtel signal. I use it twice but signal strength do fluctuate so you have to stay at one place and do not walk about as you talk ! Hoping to find a strong signal mobile .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Aangsc, oh thanks a lot for the article. Oh wow! Thats interesting. Of the 4 coffeeshops within 1 minute drive of HH, one of them actually has tim sum, not fantastic but its cheap. As for the other place, PM me. :smile:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although purchasing costs are relatively low in Malaysia you must not forget the additional costs in terms of taxes and fees. You have to consider those when calculating your budget but also when choosing the location of your new property.

Terms and Conditions also apply to;
Foreign purchasers are subject to the approval of the Foreign Investment Committee
(FIC) of the Economic Planning Unit of the Prime Minister's Department based on the FIC
"Guidelines on the Acquisition of Properties in Malaysia by Foreign Interests".

2. Minimum purchase must above MYR $500k.

On top of your MYR $500k, you also need cash ( No otang) for;

Stamp duty:

When purchasing property you will be required to pay a stamp duty on the purchase documents which vary from 1% to 3% of the declared value of the property.

Stamp duty is levied on the document of transfer (i.e. the memorandum of transfer if the title has been issued, or the deed of assignment of Principal SPA if the title has not been issued) based on the purchase price as follows:-
a. 1% on the first RM100,000.00

b. 2% on the next RM400,000.00

c. 3% on the nest RM1,500,000.00 and

d. 4% on the remainder

(item 32 [a] of the Stamp Act 1949)

Lawyer's fees:
If the buyer is consulting a real estate lawyer to assist in the transactions, he has to pay a fee which varies from 0,4% to 3%.

The first Schedule of the Solicitors Remuneration Order 1991 sets out the fees to be collected by lawyers for work done in handling the sale or purchase of house based on the purchase price as follows:-
  • 1% on the first RM100,000.00
  • 0.5% on the next RM4,900,000.00
  • 0.25% on the remainder
For each sale and purchase of a house, the solicitors concerned can only collect fees based on the above scale from either the seller or the purchaser and not from both of them.

Financing:
Banks and other financial institutions have different packages of housing loan to assist house buyers in their purchase.

(Please "shop" around for better deal)

Estate agent's fees:
If the buyer is consulting a real estate agent to help him find property, he has to pay a fee varying from 2% to 3%.

Other fees:

Further fees have to be included to the expenses, like the registration fee which is currently at about RM 100 and the adjudication fee of about RM 10. All together the additional costs, with some other fees, sum up to about RM 180.

Insurance:

Insurance is mandatory, if your property is financed by a bank. Numerous Malaysian and international companies offer property insurance plans. There are three types of property insurance in Malaysia: Fire insurance, House owner's Insurance and Householder's Insurance/content insurance. Which one you are purchasing depends on whether you cover an individual house or apartment, a whole building complex or if you only want to cover the contents of the building. All schemes can be extended to cover a broader range of risks.

Documentation/Procedure:
All purchases direct from housing developers must use the Schedule G (for purchases of houses) or the Schedule H (for purchases of apartment respectively of the Housing Developers (Control and Licensing) Act 1996 as the sale and purchase agreements. Payment of the purchase price the said Schedules G and H is by progressive payment based on completion of work as certified by the architects. Payment of the last 5% of the purchase price will be held by a firm of solicitors as stakeholders for the defect liability period, which is currently 18 months from the delivery of vacant possession.

There are no fixed rules on the form of agreement for purchases from existing house owners (more commonly called sub-sale). However, it is common practice that upon signing of the sale and purchase agreement 10% of the purchase price be paid to the seller, and the purchaser be given 3 months to pay the balance of purchase price with an extension of 1 month if he fails to do so within the first 3 months' period. Interest at the rate of 10% per annum calculated on a daily basis is normally charged for the extension period. Payment of the balance of purchase price is usually made to the solicitors acting for the seller as stakeholders to ensure redemption of the house (if the same is still charged or assigned to a bank or financial institution at the time of sale) and payment of real property gains tax by the seller.

Other than the sale and purchase agreement, a memorandum of transfer, which is Form 14A of the National Land Code 1965, must be completed to transfer the title from the seller to the purchase. In instances where the title has not been issued, then if the purchase is from a developer, the developer will undertake in the sale and purchase agreement to transfer the title when the same is issued; and if the purchase is through a sub-sale, the transfer will be through an assignment of the sale and purchase agreement between the developer and the seller (Principal SPA) to enable the buyer to take benefit of the developer's undertaking to transfer the title contained in Principal SPA.

Property Will:

Be sure you make a Will to safeguard your property.

What is a will?
"Will" means a person's written wish as to the distribution and administration of property after his death. The person who makes the will is called "the testator". The person who inherits the property or receives a benefit under the will is called "a beneficiary". The "executor" (if he is a man) or "executrix" (if he is a woman) is the person appointed by the testator to administer and distribute his estate upon his death.

Advisable to have your written Will.
Put my name if you can't think of anybody. (Just kidding!!)

Note: Bumis lot are reserved, means for Malay-Malaysian Citizen only.Not applicable for foreigner including Singaporean Malay.

Others:
If you are very loaded, try out Malaysia MM2H programme.

Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="490"> <tbody><tr> <td>Upon application: </td> </tr> <tr> <td background="images/linegrey.png" height="5">
</td></tr></tbody></table>i. Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets

worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per

month.

ii.Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of

RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per

month.

For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving

pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month.

iii. New applicants who have purchased properties worth at least RM 1

million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval.

Click this link for more information;

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Hope this helps.
Happy hunting and migrating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.