• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey jw5, since October now. :smile:

I just saw your message, thought my id would be unique but turns out to be more common than i thought.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh thats great, ok this is a bit funny because the last time you said Bukit Indah wasn't that good with no developments, etc. Thats ok though as perceptions change through time.

Oh the restrictions of 500k for foreigners, those that are above 500k RM are usually semi-ds/bungalows. As an indication, a semi-d at Perling costs only 400k RM. Yes, across developments, terraces are usually snapped up the fastest by the locals. There are some locals (quite a few from KL) who could afford the price tag if they are working in JB/SG and as KL is much more expensive compared to JB.

Bro, I have questions, would be glad if you could answer these..

- Is there any restriction to buy shophouses in JB ?
- Price guide ? under RMB 1 mil ?
- Do you think the investment yield in JB is good ? able to achieve 8%p.a. ? - Are you able to recommend a solicitor firm ? website?

Please let me know if you have already covered this topic..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok Palden, what you are asking for is already covered earlier in the thread, its good but security and amenities is lacking as there is only Gelang Patah and at night, i would strongly suggest not venturing out unless you are driving a MY registered car. It is secure internally but there were some early incidents (mainly with those owners near the highway) and good news is they are working to improve on this now.

There are no major shopping in that area and you still have to go to Bukit Indah or other areas for shopping. If you intend to have a couple of servants and stay in most of the time as well as lots of land with horse riding,etc then its for you.

Its nearer to the 2nd link, very near in fact, the nearest one to 2nd link would be East Ledang, again this place is covered in an earlier post. Setia Tropica is nearer to the 1st link, its pretty nice although on weekends, one of the highways leading to it may be congested, else its worth taking a look.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, I have questions, would be glad if you could answer these..

- Is there any restriction to buy shophouses in JB ?
- Price guide ? under RMB 1 mil ?
- Do you think the investment yield in JB is good ? able to achieve 8%p.a. ? - Are you able to recommend a solicitor firm ? website?

Please let me know if you have already covered this topic..

There are restrictions, you can only buy 3 storey shops and above.
There are shops from RM 350k - 1.8 million and ABOVE.

You will need to look at the type, whether they let you use the 2nd or 3rd floor for other purposes such as residential as this would boost prices.
You also need to look at the place and (NOTE: CAR ACCESSIBILITY) see whether there is potential before committing. In 2007, a place near the new Giant at Bukit Indah used to cost about 700k. Now its doubled that. A doublestorey shop opposite Eurorich hotel used to be 280k, now its 620 - 700k. If i could do it over again, i will definitely get at least one shop.

A lot of places are a no no though, check and visit the place for yourself, Nusa Bestari, Sutera Ultama = YES YES YES except now their pricing is already crept up 30-100% but the guys i spoke to here sounded very confident it would go higher. The Sutera Ultama ones near the Sutera Mall are already 1.3million for those inner units and 1.8 million for the outer ones like the row with OCBC.

Again, i try not to recommend anyone but having been through some hard knocks myself, there are few ok ones that won't screw you around. PM me but again, feel free to compare prices.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thnks bro. Heard that Leisure Farm have strata title problems. Why do you stay? Do you have same problem? Thinking of moving across next year. Bukit Indah and Tmn Sutera looks good but abit far from sg. Shophouse is another alternative i'm looking. Any recommendations?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thnks bro. Heard that Leisure Farm have strata title problems. Why do you stay? Do you have same problem? Thinking of moving across next year. Bukit Indah and Tmn Sutera looks good but abit far from sg.

Ok so heres the deal, its made up of different and mixed developments, some parts are just selling you the land and you build your own bungalow yourself (up to 3 storeys, subject to approval)

For others, there are Strata and freehold titles, those like the Bayou are Strata title.

Ok, i am not sure about your budget but seriously next year = too late as prices would have likely risen by then (barring any major incidents over water agreements) and you can only buy RM$500,000 and above housing. If you want to play safe, its best to go in and have a look now and see for yourself.

Oh i am in Bukit Indah area, living in HH and its 1 hour door to door for me be it to office or my other homes in SG whether i take 1st (Causeway) or 2nd link (Tuas) although for Causeway, it sometimes stretches to 1.5 hours.

In terms of travelling time, only East Ledang is slightly faster, Leisure farm will still be almost the same travelling wise but Bukit Indah side would be safer as you will come straight off the highway and into the estate.

The place is also now heavily patrolled and has road blocks(blue wearing policemen) You can also consider other places like Setia Tropica, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok i am now targetting shophouses too as there is just too much action in this market, i am planning to get at least 1-2 before the prices become unreachable. Shop houses near Nusa Bestari are all worth looking at as some allows you to use the 2nd or 3rd floor for residence.

Perling side generally would be bad, avoid. Johor Jaya side, avoid at all cost.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking with advice ?

wanted to buy ceiling fan with lights in Johor state, any advice price on
model and reliability. Tried looking on web for KDK and Panasonic, these don't have light and not the antique look model which I am looking.

Also looking for carpet grass , anyone know the market price with planting service throw in.

Thanks !

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro wuqi

Wats ur opinion on those properties at Bandar Datok Onn? A relatively new "estate" ya?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are restrictions, you can only buy 3 storey shops and above.
There are shops from RM 350k - 1.8 million and ABOVE.

You will need to look at the type, whether they let you use the 2nd or 3rd floor for other purposes such as residential as this would boost prices.
You also need to look at the place and (NOTE: CAR ACCESSIBILITY) see whether there is potential before committing. In 2007, a place near the new Giant at Bukit Indah used to cost about 700k. Now its doubled that. A doublestorey shop opposite Eurorich hotel used to be 280k, now its 620 - 700k. If i could do it over again, i will definitely get at least one shop.

A lot of places are a no no though, check and visit the place for yourself, Nusa Bestari, Sutera Ultama = YES YES YES except now their pricing is already crept up 30-100% but the guys i spoke to here sounded very confident it would go higher. The Sutera Ultama ones near the Sutera Mall are already 1.3million for those inner units and 1.8 million for the outer ones like the row with OCBC.

Again, i try not to recommend anyone but having been through some hard knocks myself, there are few ok ones that won't screw you around. PM me but again, feel free to compare prices.

You gave a very fair comment.. in regards to the location, I guess I have to station there for 1-2mths to have a "feel" before committing an investment.. Accessibility or traffic is a must factor for commercial properties. Hey, are you able to pin-point a website for me to read on ? restriction to foreigners..

Thanks for the info.. I will PM you shortly..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro whoami, It really depends a lot on what you want to achieve bro, its now almost June, you still have some time to check out what you want. Rather than depend on hearsay and from others opinions(like mine), why not go and check it out yourself and see if its really for you?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sir, i have not much idea of this i am afraid.
Maybe the other bros here can share?

IOI Johor properties are located at Kulai which is close to what, 30 km from JB. The properties there are relatively cheaper and bigger but unless you seldom or don't have the need to travel to Sg daily/often, it is, in my opinion, too far away.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro whoami, It really depends a lot on what you want to achieve bro, its now almost June, you still have some time to check out what you want. Rather than depend on hearsay and from others opinions(like mine), why not go and check it out yourself and see if its really for you?

Bro, most of the places which I had mentioned/posted here, I had already visited the sites. For banda Dato Onn, I had also seen already. Thats why I mentioned its relatively a new estate. I seek ur opinion cos of ur expertise in JB properties. U definitely know more than I do cos I dont stay at JB...yet. And also at the same time by posting this particular property, hopefully I am also sharing with fellow bros here. Opinions may differ but its ok. As for end June deadline, most of the corner terraces also cost near to 1/2 million. So really..not much diff come July, imo. :wink::o

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
And also at the same time by posting this particular property, hopefully I am also sharing with fellow bros here. Opinions may differ but its ok. As for end June deadline, most of the corner terraces also cost near to 1/2 million. So really..not much diff come July, imo. :wink::o

I also sharing with fellow bros here. My property agency friend saying the developer engaged them to sell these property to sinkapore lang. The price for the corner units is SGD $200K and and any price above this amount the agency can pocket the difference as their commission. Got June deadline or no deadline is making no difference coz they is pricing it above RM $500K. :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also sharing with fellow bros here. My property agency friend saying the developer engaged them to sell these property to sinkapore lang. The price for the corner units is SGD $200K and and any price above this amount the agency can pocket the difference as their commission. Got June deadline or no deadline is making no difference coz they is pricing it above RM $500K. :biggrin:

Hmm...talking abt pricing > RM$500K. Juz the other day....early May, called up the Sales executive of Taman Sutera. KNN, instead of helping to close the deal for the co, he told me that banks already not accepting application of loans for properties below $500K (for foreigners) cos by the time they approved, it may be July already. I think they are co staffs...dont get any commission unlike property agents. But when I approached other developers eg Setia Gp and Johore land, they dont have any problems accepting buyers. Yes, even now still submit for loan approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.