• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can open a savings account with Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN), the POSB of Msia, with no restrictions to foreigners and their ATMs provide payment services for most bills. Their ATMs are located in most Tamans.

la0la0land0

any bro here bought east ledang phase 1, link duplex or villa?

how is the traffic every morning and evening to and back from singapore?

Need to apply any visa, permit, pass to stay in JB for long term?

anyone has route map for CW3 to jurong east? where does the bus go to?

how much is the mortgage rate in malaysia?

which bank provide the best mortgage package?

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can open a savings account with Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN), the POSB of Msia, with no restrictions to foreigners and their ATMs provide payment services for most bills. Their ATMs are located in most Tamans.

I used to have an account with them long time ago...... my account was dormant for 2 years when I was posted overseas..... when I returned and tried to update my passbook I discovered they had deactivated my account and auto deducted RM10 every month as service charge + I had to pay a fee to reactivate my account again. :mad:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
any bro here bought east ledang phase 1, link duplex or villa?

how is the traffic every morning and evening to and back from singapore?

Need to apply any visa, permit, pass to stay in JB for long term?

anyone has route map for CW3 to jurong east? where does the bus go to?

how much is the mortgage rate in malaysia?

which bank provide the best mortgage package?

Ok, first one i cannot answer as i am not staying there but did do morning and evening drives on weekdays, must say its pretty doable. :smile:

No need if you are coming in and out of SG at least once a month as they allow you to stay one month each time. If you intend to stay here long term, you may apply for MACS but you will still need to make a trip out of SG once a month, its just that you don't need white card plus stamp/chop on your passport.

Actually most of what you are asking about are already in this thread, for the route for CW3, it will end at the Causeway station opposite Jusco. In the interest of public service and for other folks here too tired or lazyj to search, the main site for CW3 is here: http://www.handalindah.com.my/

The route link is here:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/servi...a24ec1debd2b16e7&txtRefno=20051202:152716:826

The rate i knew a few months ago was about 5.5% - 2.1%, now its - 1.8%.
You can get 70%-80% loan quite easily, well heeled ones who insist on a loan can get up to 90% but its rare.

Car loan is about 3.50% a couple of months back, just heard its about 3.55% now, again your mileage (literally) may and can vary.

Bank rates are pretty competitive, a few ok ones in no particular order, you should call up and check as they change rates or have promotions from time to time:

Public Bank
CIMB
Allianz Bank
EON Bank

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I used to have an account with them long time ago...... my account was dormant for 2 years when I was posted overseas..... when I returned and tried to update my passbook I discovered they had deactivated my account and auto deducted RM10 every month as service charge + I had to pay a fee to reactivate my account again. :mad:

Wow, so sorry to hear about your experience. So far for mine, the accounts i have only debit a once a year service charge and basically i can withdraw everything and leave nothing inside on the very first day i set up an account.

I still rather go to POS when i go shopping, just a quick one as the one i went to is almost deserted. :smile:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

can you share with us cost of below items at Horizon Hills ?

1. utilties - abt RM250 right ? When you said heavy usage does that mean air-con on 24x7 for whole house ? Cooking most meal at home ?
2. cableTV
3. broadband /speed
4. conservancy
5. land phone
6. TV license - free ?
7. any tip on saving on mobile phone between SG and MY ? Heard you could get a digital phone from Starhub to work in MY with a small gadget plug into the broadband and call are as local SG rate.

Any disruption to water or electricity so far in HH ?

I paid around S$108 for item 2,3,5 in SG, wonder how much saving over there.

Thanks.

dragos

Alfrescian
Loyal
any good locations on sale recently? i am considering downgrading my hdb to 4 rm, and using the "spare" cash to get one in JB...

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
any good locations on sale recently? i am considering downgrading my hdb to 4 rm, and using the "spare" cash to get one in JB...

Sutera Utama/Impian Emas (Skudai area), Setia Tropika/Adda Heights/Austin Heights (Tebrau area). Horizon Hills/Casa Almyra/Eco Setia (Nusajaya area).

la0la0land0

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Thanks for your advice.

A couple more questions please

1. What is the best time in the morning and evening to drive across 2nd link custom?

2. Do you know if Malaysia side is like singapore, which if you enter Singapore too many times, the period that you will be given to stay in Singapore will be shorter?

3. For monthly housing loan payment to bank, initial 20% downpayment cash and 10k rm levy, i suppose i need to open an account in malaysia and issue cheques, giro to pay? cannot use singapore cheques? how easy is it to open a bank account in malaysia? how to transfer money from singapore bank account to malaysia bank account? Need to redraw cash in singapore and bring over?

4. any additional taxes for foreigner to buy car in malaysia?

5. property tax in malaysia?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My ansers below in bold
Hi Wuqi,

All pricing in RM

1. utilties - abt RM250 right ? When you said heavy usage does that mean air-con on 24x7 for whole house ? Cooking most meal at home ?
Yes, on 24x7, we actually eat out or order in most of the time, $1 RM delivery fee!! :smile:

2. cableTV
$60 plus a month

3. broadband /speed
$60 plus a month

4. conservancy
None first 2 years 200 plus after that.

5. land phone
None, so cannot comment

6. TV license - free ?
No such thing there, all other countries i have lived in do not have this.

7. any tip on saving on mobile phone between SG and MY ? Heard you could get a digital phone from Starhub to work in MY with a small gadget plug into the broadband and call are as local SG rate.

So sorry, no idea about this

Any disruption to water or electricity so far in HH ?
Yes, for electricity, happened only 3-4 times in the past few months, barely noticed as we have UPS in key areas and was in living area at that time so aircon wasn't on. Our homes in HH has a water tank on top so even if there was disruption, important water points will still have water for 3-4 days.

I paid around S$108 for item 2,3,5 in SG, wonder how much saving over there.

My parents is almost S$400 a month and mine used to be $350-500 plus

Thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sure thing, as i am outside right now, making it brief, my answers below in bold

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Thanks for your advice.

A couple more questions please

1. What is the best time in the morning and evening to drive across 2nd link custom?

2nd link - Before 7am and after 8pm
Not so sure about the first link but tried a couple of times, my humble opinion:
1st link - Before 6.30am and after 10-11pm

2. Do you know if Malaysia side is like singapore, which if you enter Singapore too many times, the period that you will be given to stay in Singapore will be shorter?
Nope, there is no such thing, Singaporeans have 30 days per entry

3. For monthly housing loan payment to bank, initial 20% downpayment cash and 10k rm levy, i suppose i need to open an account in malaysia and issue cheques, giro to pay? cannot use singapore cheques? how easy is it to open a bank account in malaysia? how to transfer money from singapore bank account to malaysia bank account? Need to redraw cash in singapore and bring over?

Your bank lending you the money will do everything for you, including giving you guidance on opening an account. Can use for certain banks but take too long plus incur some fees. Easy to open for most banks. You can do a wire transfer or for some sums, bring cash over.

4. any additional taxes for foreigner to buy car in malaysia?
Nope! At least i didn't pay any for my new MPV :smile:

5. property tax in malaysia?
None so far, there are capital gains tax though(5%) as well as quit rent (below 100RM a year for each house

-----------------
Disclaimer, the information here is provided free, repeated information provided with a bit of sarcastic remarks for lazy readers. All information provided to the best information at the time of writing. Your mileage may vary. If someone like me can succeed and find out everything from scratch, you can too and you have much more information that i did when starting out just by reading the threads. I wish you all the best. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Sure thing, as i am outside right now, making it brief, my answers below in bold

None so far, there are capital gains tax though(5%) as well as quit rent (below 100RM a year for each house

-----------------
Disclaimer, the information here is provided free, repeated information provided with a bit of sarcastic remarks for lazy readers. All information provided to the best information at the time of writing. Your mileage may vary. If someone like me can succeed and find out everything from scratch, you can too and you have much more information that i did when starting out just by reading the threads. I wish you all the best. :smile:
Bro Wuqi256

How long have you been living in JB?

Is your favourite song "Matchstick Heaven" by Panda Xiong? Thought I saw your comment on youtube. :smile:
I like it too. Melodious yet unique.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ansers below in bold
Hi Wuqi,

2. cableTV
$60 plus a month

3. broadband /speed
$60 plus a month

4 cable tv, if u oso choose ze sports channels, iz mor than $100 per mth ...

broadband cost depends on ze package dat u sign up ... can b as low as a fixed cost of $49 per mth 2 as high as $178 per mth ... c comparisons here ...

http://www.digi.com.my/internet/broadband/packages_comparison.html

la0la0land0

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Thanks for your advice again.

Do you have kids? If you have, how are you coping with sending your kids to school everyday? If you don't, would you have a feel how other Singaporeans are coping on this?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
schooling kids is the major issue I have as well.
Wondering whether there is a large enough pool of singaporean school
going kids in the morning from HH to start a special private van pool ?
The next issue is, where does kid go after school while parents are still at work. If you maintain another place in SG , then it is double expenses if you don't then they either hang around in school or someone hse which is also not good. Anyone coping with such issues with school going kids in HH.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are buses going to and from JB to Singapore schools. I checked with one operator on the timing of fetching and travel time. Morning sessions will be hard on kids. The driver had informed that they fetch as early as 4:30 am. That also depends on where they are staying. Some are from Pulai.
My son told me that he has a friend in school that lives in JB and have to wake up something like 4am. Not sure that if they take the school bus.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are 3 options the way i see it(some may not be suitable, your mileage will vary)

1. Leave them with your parents after school either before the bus comes or during the week days. (This is hard i know)

2. Wait for a van sharing scheme to be setup near to your place, if they go in by the 2nd link(higher price though), there is no need to wake up at 4am but it will still be before 6am for sure.

3. Join in one of the van sharing schemes, as bro cockcansing has pointed out, its dependant on where your place is as well. Pulai is ok but folks in East Ledang, HH, etc may find it easier especially if their kids schools are in the West.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has recommendation for below work and infor,

1. how long it take on average in the morning say around 6:30am to travel from HH to Tuas checkpoint, inclusive of clearance.

2. good reliable carpenter for kitchen cabinet around Bukit Indah. I know most renovation shop does it and most of the time it is sub-contract to another vendor. What is the rate in Johor per foot run for cabinet work ?

3. reliable electrician . Is electrical lighting cheaper in S'pore or M'sia ? Thought of engaging electrican to install light from Singapore.

Thanks & appreciate !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyone has recommendation for below work and infor,

1. how long it take on average in the morning say around 6:30am to travel from HH to Tuas checkpoint, inclusive of clearance.

2. good reliable carpenter for kitchen cabinet around Bukit Indah. I know most renovation shop does it and most of the time it is sub-contract to another vendor. What is the rate in Johor per foot run for cabinet work ?

3. reliable electrician . Is electrical lighting cheaper in S'pore or M'sia ? Thought of engaging electrican to install light from Singapore.

Thanks & appreciate !

Hi,for 2nd link i have tried, its about 15-20 minutes, if you factor in time at the gas station, its about 30 minutes. Door to door it takes me 1 hour to 1.5 hours to reach my destination. I have MACS so it makes some difference. I would highly suggest you go for it.

Also, i just bought 2 MPVs here for own use, my neighbours was suggesting i should go into biz of sending kids/folks from here to schools in SG. Lets see.

2. Kitchen wise is easy, just make sure they don't give you wood, request for aluminum ones if you are using it for yourself. Most pricing are about the same, tell them you live at Bukit Indah when asking for quotes so you won't get overcharged. Just for reference, I did a 2'.00 x 2'.00 tile and concrete top at wet kitchen with stainless basin for less than 2500 RM

3. This one is a no brainer, definitely not from Singapore. I get my lights installed for 8 ringgit, harder or bigger lights at 10-25 per light. I can send you a couple of names but feel free to compare prices outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.