• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thats the latest figure i have, not sure if its because of the house price, this is different from stamp duty though. I just want to present the full facts as best as i can so to minimise the chance of unpleasant surprises.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should be ok as this is under Setia, worth taking a 2nd look. Bro whoami, this one is really not bad.

Yup. Been to Bt Indah and Setia Indah/Tropika too. But I prefer Bt Indah. Its a mature estate with amenities stone throw away. Unlike the later cos u definitely need to drive.

Understand July more or less confirm on the new threshold. With quota capped to 20% (if i am not wrong) for foreigners, just wondering how they going to sell those houses above M$500K to the rest of 80% Msians? Cos I know that Msians wouldnt spent so much on a terrace/semi-d. Thats the reason why most of the intermediate terrace were snapped up pretty fast by Msians cos its cheap..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh thats great, ok this is a bit funny because the last time you said Bukit Indah wasn't that good with no developments, etc. Thats ok though as perceptions change through time.

Oh the restrictions of 500k for foreigners, those that are above 500k RM are usually semi-ds/bungalows. As an indication, a semi-d at Perling costs only 400k RM. Yes, across developments, terraces are usually snapped up the fastest by the locals. There are some locals (quite a few from KL) who could afford the price tag if they are working in JB/SG and as KL is much more expensive compared to JB.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, after viewing several places, I find that Bt Indah is my top preference...for now. Cos easily accessible by public transport. I dont drive right now. So having a public transport available fm here to my home in JB is a plus! Of course theres always pros and cons in any places. But putting our priorities right should be the best consideration.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, the levy is there to curb speculation, etc. You won't need to go through this if you have MM2H though but its about 4k SGD so may put folks off.

Please note that I have a confirmation email from developer Setia Tropika that MM2H participants will still need to pay the RM10k levy to the Johor State government.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro winners, i stand corrected. I was under the impression that MM2H guys would not have to pay the levy as well as they are able to purchase up to 2 properties without stamp duty, etc.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro winners, i stand corrected. I was under the impression that MM2H guys would not have to pay the levy as well as they are able to purchase up to 2 properties without stamp duty, etc.

Hi Wuqi256,

I don't think MM2H participants are exempted from paying stamp duties when purchasing properties in Johor, regardless of first or second properties. May I know where did you hear about this?

However, the Setia group does have promotions on some of their new launches by absorbing stamp duties and legal fees for all buyers, subject to taking the loans from their pre-approved list of bankers. I remember reading this in their press advertisements.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi256,

I don't think MM2H participants are exempted from paying stamp duties when purchasing properties in Johor, regardless of first or second properties. May I know where did you hear about this?

However, the Setia group does have promotions on some of their new launches by absorbing stamp duties and legal fees for all buyers, subject to taking the loans from their pre-approved list of bankers. I remember reading this in their press advertisements.

Hi Winners,

I am not a MM2H holder but i heard this previously from an agent that they will implement this when he was informing me about MM2H.

You are right on developers waiving of stamp duty for some developments.

I just did a check so it seems stamp duty is still payable, during last year i remembered seeing some websites talking about the first 2 properties, now its just talking about expediting the approval and 500k being the minimum sum that foreigners can buy for some states, etc.

Each participant will be issued with a special letter from the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia to expedite the government approvals for acquisition of the first 2 residential properties, including raw land to be constructed with a residential unit.

This is the latest i saw:

•Malaysia my second home or MM2H provides, a 10-year Social Visit Pass and Multiple-Entry Visa.
•MM2H visa is extendable after 10 years.
•MM2H visa provides opportunity for free to stay in Malaysia and travel multiple times, as per choice.
•MM2H or Malaysia my second home, gives the opportunity to import your car or purchase a new car which is tax-free and save up to 33%.
•Malaysia my second home or MM2H provides opportunity for parents to get student pass for their children to further their study at international colleges and universities in Malaysia.
•Malaysia my second home or MM2H provides benefit to bring a maid from your country of origin to Malaysia after the approval.
•Malaysia my second home or MM2H provides opportunity by which one can be an investor and own businesses in Malaysia.
•For housing loan, you can obtain up to 80% as compare to normal 60% for foreign applicants (subject to credibility).
•For Malaysia my second home or MM2H residents, overseas income is not taxable in Malaysia. Under this program, for those countries has a `double taxation agreement’ with Malaysia, your private pension fund remitted to Malaysia is exempted from tax if you stayed more than 182 days in Malaysia.
•Malaysia my second home or MM2H provides an exemption to obtain Foreign Investment Committee (FIC) approval for purchasing properties in Malaysia.

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi

I understand that you've been staying in your new house at Horizon Hills for a few months already.

Just wondering how much is your monthly expenses like maintenance fee, broadband, utility etc.?

Thanks!

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi

I understand that you've been staying in your new house at Horizon Hills for a few months already.

Just wondering how much is your monthly expenses like maintenance fee, broadband, utility etc.?

Thanks!

Bro Wuqi's unit is strategically located near the Horizon Hills Clubhouse, and he piggybacks on the Clubhouse's broadband. So broadband is free.

As for utility, again he showers, urinates and clears his bowels in the Clubhouse's toilet. So water bill is zero.

All in all, he spends about RM50 a month bribing the guards at the Clubhouse :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi michaely, sure, it is about 250 RM with gas, water and electrical bills all in. This is for a semi-D with heavy users. :smile:

You can pay the bills at the nearby POS office. Lots in the area. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Wuqi's unit is strategically located near the Horizon Hills Clubhouse, and he piggybacks on the Clubhouse's broadband. So broadband is free.

As for utility, again he showers, urinates and clears his bowels in the Clubhouse's toilet. So water bill is zero.

All in all, he spends about RM50 a month bribing the guards at the Clubhouse :biggrin:

Sis Queen, thanks for sharing with us on how you are getting your utilities for free here. I must say, the shower facilities are nice though with heated water and the toilets are pretty nice too, still its too lowly for a Queen i might add. :wink:

Sorry to disappoint you though, I am slightly different and i pay my bills like anybody else and here the utilities are already cheap enough. Also, the guards here are pretty clean as far as i could tell, a bit too strict though.

Plus you have to be a member to use the facilities in the first place. :smile:

Internet wise i use a mobile plan so even if there is a power cut here, i can continue working uninterrupted as i have UPS back up on all 2 levels and additional UPS units in my 2nd unit.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi michaely, sure, it is about 250 RM with gas, water and electrical bills all in. This is for a semi-D with heavy users. :smile:

Are there alternatives to paying at the post office such as ATMs,...:confused:

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh wow, only RM$250, and yours is a semi-d with heavy users.

if the same usage pattern in sg, i think it would be at least S$500/mth

this really shows how greedy our govt is @#$%^& :mad:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh wow, only RM$250, and yours is a semi-d with heavy users.

if the same usage pattern in sg, i think it would be at least S$500/mth

this really shows how greedy our govt is @#$%^& :mad:

This I have to agree, the price of everything keeps going up and up and really fed up with it.

I do have friends in Malaysia that said that they usually pays about 300 - 400RM for Semi Ds and Bangalows. So 250 is not so bad though. But I will have to monitor mine when I get my key soon.

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This I have to agree, the price of everything keeps going up and up and really fed up with it.

I do have friends in Malaysia that said that they usually pays about 300 - 400RM for Semi Ds and Bangalows. So 250 is not so bad though. But I will have to monitor mine when I get my key soon.

congratulations to you on getting your key soon, i'm really envious of you and others who have properties abroad.

this god-forsaken country is getting worse by the day, it's no more the country that i loved and felt proud of 20 yrs ago.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Are there alternatives to paying at the post office such as ATMs,...:confused:

Oh yes, there are actually. :smile:
I know of a couple of POS that have few folks so i use them alot.

Some services like quit rent, traffic fines related can be paid online.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes Michaely, it is cheap, i pay about 400 plus monthly in SG.
Over here, its really good plus they won't cut your electricity off if you owe them 2 months. Utilities are dirt cheap. I am not a fan of football but i have a couple of friends who will be coming over here for some soccer season.

Status
Not open for further replies.