• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

This is based on my own observation (as unbiased as possible) from visiting a few gated properties here, your own views and findings may differ, all pricing are estimates:

(Based on 1 star to 5 star where one is lowest, all pricing in ringgit)

Taman Laguna
Relative Safety: 3
Proximity to SG: 3 (2nd link mainly)
Proximity to amenities: 3
Security: 3 (As only 1 guard house but with cameras)
Materials: 3.3
Cost:400 to 500k
Type: Double story Terrace
Facilities: Playground
Pros: Near to seafood village with cheap and very nice/fresh seafood, spacious halls and living area, lots of land. Very high ceilings.
Cons: Relatively rural part with development going on, very dark and only 1 access road at night(but may be changed)

Casa Almyra
Relative Safety: 3.2
Proximity to SG: 3.2
Security: 3.5
Materials: 3-4.2
Cost: 500 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Semi-Ds, 2 storeys
Pros: Next to the river, some with own jetty. Nearby to small shops
Cons: Materials may vary,bad smell from the river, small winding road in

Setia (Nearest to 2nd link as there are many Setia developments)
Proximity to SG: 3
Proximity to amenities: 3.5
Security: 3
Materials: 3.2
Cost: 400 plus to over million
Type: Mix, 2 storeys
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, price is slightly high but still reasonable. Solid developer
Cons: Some areas are next to highway so maybe a bit noisy, materials so so but contractor response to defects are good

Sutera Utama/Taman Sutera (Referring to new and just finished development)
Relative Safety: 3.5
Proximity to SG: 3 (Can either go by first or 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Lots of shops nearby Sutera Mall, Carrefour)
Security: 3.2 (Some incidences reported thus lower rating)
Materials: 3.8 to 4
Cost:500 to over million
Type: Mix type, 2 - 3 storeys
Pros: Proximity to Nusa Bestari and shopping areas, Carrfour, airy and nice. SG involved in development
Cons: A lot of heavy traffic around the area, air quality so so. Heavy traffic in Nusa Bestari area especially during rush hour

Mont Calista
Relative Safety: 4.5 (Gurkhas equipped and refused us access in the evening)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Giant and Jusco nearby)
Security: 4.5 (Highest ground in Pulai with good security)
Materials: 3.5
Cost:630 to 900k
Type: Semi-D, 2.5( basement) - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground, gym, jogging track and soon likely a swimming pool
Pros: Very high ground, nice views in some of the units, very large rooms, high walls and ceilings, suitable for retirement
Cons: Right next to low cost housing and some factories.

Nusa Idaman
Proximity to SG: 3.5
Cost: 300-400 plus to over million
Type: Terrace, 2 storeys
Facilities: Playground, childcare
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, nearby to small shops, coffeeshops
Cons: Lonely road to access the area, a bit of a drive to reach shopping

East Ledang (Most of the below security findings applies to Leisure Farm too)
Relative Safety: 3 (Fatal shooting occured nearby, isolated, lonely and dark road at night)
Proximity to SG: 5 (Arguably nearest to 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 1 (Not developed yet)
Materials: 4.5-5 (Very nice materials)
Cost:1.2 million to 2.3 million
Type: Mostly bungalow or Semi-D, 2 storeys
Facilities: Clubhouse, Playground, Childcare, very near to Puteri Habour
Pros: Quiet, peaceful, security panic button built in for fast response, very very big rooms and toilets and living area. Good air quality. High ceiling, near to Puteri Habour and also the Kota Iskandar government area. Full parquet and nice window shades
Cons: External security concerns and lack of amenities coupled with the high price tag

D'Grande
Relative Safety: 4.3
Proximity to SG: 3.6
Proximity to amenities: 4.5
Security: 4
Materials: 3.8 to 4.2
Cost: 500-600 plus to over million
Facilities: Childcare
Pros: High ground, high outer walls nearby to small shops, coffeeshops, Jusco Tesco Giant, anti-termite treatment
Cons: Lonely road when driving in, next to a couple of old developments

Horizon Hills
Relative Safety: 4.8
Proximity to amenities: 4.4
Security: 4.8
Materials: 4 to 4.5
Cost: 300 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Mix, 2-3 storeys
Facilities: Golf resort, swimming pool, gym, air-conditioned playground, ballroom
Pros: Very high ground, solid security, nearby to many shops, Jusco, Tesco, Giant. Golf resort, anti-termite treatment
Cons: High price compared to some of the other developments, smaller lot/units size as compared to some of the others.
No balcony for a some of the units so need to do your own

Last edited:

Sh7vens

Danga Bay area is a no no...... well known as a place infested with druggies and oso a converging place for Mat Rempits. :( ........ the area looks quiet in the day but comes alive with the roars of motorsikals come midnight and early morning hours. :mad:

bro, thanks for the feedback, we went there in the morning and looks like a peaceful place, but you're right it may be different thing at night specially weekend. i think I will include night time visit and see how it feels.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro wuqi, excellent thread you have here... went around bukit indah and the place is buzzling with so many launches. one area caught my eyes is casa almyra along danga bay, all are semi-d house. whhat do you think of this place?

Thanks, sure glad to help if i can. I have put in a reference in this thread to some of the developments here. Hope it helps!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro, thanks for the feedback, we went there in the morning and looks like a peaceful place, but you're right it may be different thing at night specially weekend. i think I will include night time visit and see how it feels.:smile:

He is right, its pretty noisy at night unless you are in the inner units.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its a fact that in any new development that comes up, one has to look around the existing "neighbours". If it is near to low-cost developments, squatter areas/kampongs, all kinds of elements will be attracted to the place and if nothing is done, that area will soon lose whatever exclusivity they boast. Danga bay is touted as a premier development but until the enclave of orang asli and the neighbouring kampong folks are resettled / moved, you can expect all kinds of characters hanging out there.

Good points, proximity to squatters, orang aslis, etc are of concern. The government however has mandated low cost housing to still be in some of the development areas so some like Mont Calista suffers from that somewhat.

Sh7vens

Good points, proximity to squatters, orang aslis, etc are of concern. The government however has mandated low cost housing to still be in some of the development areas so some like Mont Calista suffers from that somewhat.

somehow when we visit horizon hills we find it isolated from this problem however car is definitely a must.

Sh7vens

Hi all,

This is based on my own observation (as unbiased as possible) from visiting a few gated properties here, your own views and findings may differ, all pricing are estimates:

(Based on 1 star to 5 star where one is lowest, all pricing in ringgit)

Taman Laguna
Proximity to SG: 3 (2nd link mainly)
Security: 3 (As only 1 guard house but with cameras)
Materials: 3.3
Cost:400 to 500k
Type: Double story Terrace
Pros: Near to seafood village with cheap and very nice/fresh seafood, spacious halls and living area, lots of land. Very high ceilings.
Cons: Relatively rural part with development going on, very dark and only 1 access road at night(but may be changed)

Casa Almyra
Relative Safety: 3.2
Proximity to SG: 3.2
Materials: 3-4.2
Cost: 500 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Semi-Ds, 2 storeys
Pros: Next to the river, some with own jetty. Nearby to small shops
Cons: Materials may vary,bad smell from the river, small winding road in

Setia (Nearest to 2nd link as there are many Setia developments)
Proximity to SG: 3
Proximity to amenities: 3.5
Cost: 400 plus to over million
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, price is slightly high but still reasonable. Solid developer
Cons: Some areas are next to highway so maybe a bit noisy, materials so so but contractor response to defects are good

Sutera Utama/Taman Sutera (Referring to new and just finished development)
Relative Safety: 3.5
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Lots of shops nearby Sutera Mall, Carrefour)
Security: 3.2 (Some incidences reported thus lower rating)
Materials: 3.8 to 4
Cost:500 to over million
Type: Mix type, 2 - 3 storeys
Pros: Proximity to Nusa Bestari and shopping areas, Carrfour, airy and nice. SG involved in development
Cons: A lot of heavy traffic around the area, air quality so so. Heavy traffic in Nusa Bestari area especially during rush hour

Mont Calista
Relative Safety: 4.5 (Gurkhas equipped and refused us access in the evening)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Giant and Jusco nearby)
Security: 4.5 (Highest ground in Pulai with good security)
Materials: 3.5
Cost:630 to 900k
Type: Semi-D, 2.5( basement) - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground, gym, jogging track and soon likely a swimming pool
Pros: Very high ground, nice views in some of the units, very large rooms, high walls and ceilings, suitable for retirement
Cons: Right next to low cost housing and some factories.

Nusa Idaman
Cost: 300-400 plus to over million
Type: Terrace, 2 storeys
Facilities: Playground, childcare
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, nearby to small shops, coffeeshops
Cons: Lonely road to access the area, a bit of a drive to reach shopping

East Ledang (Most of the below security findings applies to Leisure Farm too)
Relative Safety: 3 (Fatal shooting occured nearby, isolated, lonely and dark road at night)
Proximity to SG: 5 (Arguably nearest to 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 1 (Not developed yet)
Materials: 4.5-5 (Very nice materials)
Cost:1.2 million to 2.3 million
Type: Mostly bungalow or Semi-D, 2 storeys
Facilities: Clubhouse, Playground, Childcare, very near to Puteri Habour
Pros: Quiet, peaceful, security panic button built in for fast response, very very big rooms and toilets and living area. Good air quality. High ceiling, near to Puteri Habour and also the Kota Iskandar government area. Full parquet and nice window shades
Cons: External security concerns and lack of amenities coupled with the high price tag

D'Grande
Relative Safety: 4.3
Proximity to SG: 3.6
Proximity to amenities: 4.5
Security: 4
Materials: 3.8 to 4.2
Cost: 500-600 plus to over million
Facilities: Childcare
Pros: High ground, high outer walls nearby to small shops, coffeeshops, Jusco Tesco Giant, anti-termite treatment
Cons: Lonely road when driving in, next to a couple of old developments

Horizon Hills
Relative Safety: 4.8
Proximity to amenities: 4.4
Security: 4.8
Materials: 4 to 4.5
Cost: 300 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Mix, 2-3 storeys
Facilities: Golf resort, swimming pool, gym, air-conditioned playground, ballroom
Pros: Very high ground, solid security, nearby to many shops, Jusco, Tesco, Giant. Golf resort, anti-termite treatment
Cons: High price compared to some of the other developments, smaller lot/units size as compared to some of the others.
No balcony for a some of the units so need to do your own

wah bro, good info very detail.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

No joke, drove past Taman Laguna sometime back, most of the units are completed. Heard laughter from the playground and realised that those are all orang asli's children. Nearby construction and orang asli quarters are still standing. Got to really re-consider and wait until these issues are resolved.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the eastern, specifically central eastern part of JB will be the Tebrau/Ulu Tiram district. There are various ongoing projects like the Austin Hills/Desa Tebrau/Pelangi Indah/Taman Gaya estates. The surrounding amenities already in place will be Tebrau Jusco/Tesco/Carrefour/Sunway College/Giant/The Store/Sultan Ismail Hospital. Infact, unlike the western part, this part of JB is pretty stocked up with ready and practical amenities like wet markets, schools, hypermarkets, entertainment outlets. In a matured estate like Johor Jaya, one can find almost anything and everything.There're also other newer estates like Setia Indah/Setia Tropika/Adda Heights/Dato Onn nearer to the Kempas area.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In the eastern, specifically central eastern part of JB will be the Tebrau/Ulu Tiram district. There are various ongoing projects like the Austin Hills/Desa Tebrau/Pelangi Indah/Taman Gaya estates. The surrounding amenities already in place will be Tebrau Jusco/Tesco/Carrefour/Sunway College/Giant/The Store/Sultan Ismail Hospital. Infact, unlike the western part, this part of JB is pretty stocked up with ready and practical amenities like wet markets, schools, hypermarkets, entertainment outlets. In a matured estate like Johor Jaya, one can find almost anything and everything.There're also other newer estates like Setia Indah/Setia Tropika/Adda Heights/Dato Onn nearer to the Kempas area.

Although it is much nearer for me if i stay near the first link rather than the 2nd, i still prefer to be in the West for the peace and quiet. Pelangi, Johor Jaya are pretty dangerous areas to be in, comparable to the Huang Hou area in the West but worse.

Bro Toyohon is correct however the Western part, mainly near D'Grande, Horizon Hills already has Jusco/Tesco, Carrefour and Giant, new hospitals and near Educity. For wet market there is always Bestmart/Kipmart all these including above within 2-15 mins drive.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Price of 2 bedroom condo in JB needed! No intention of terrace or bungalows.

Anyone with info on new developments? Preferably close to JB Causeway. With security.

Preferably without swimming pool as trying to reduce conservancy charges. Also find those with swimming pools noisy. Also no tennis courts or BBQ pits, same thing noisy.

Basically a well built & well designed condo without swimming pool and without tennis courts. Security & gated. In JB.

Who are the better developers in JB for condos, any recommendations?

Quote price range in Ringgit.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Anyone with info on new developments? Preferably close to JB Causeway. With security.

Preferably without swimming pool as trying to reduce conservancy charges. Also find those with swimming pools noisy. Also no tennis courts or BBQ pits, same thing noisy.

Basically a well built & well designed condo without swimming pool and without tennis courts. Security & gated. In JB.

Probably Danga area, there should be lots, there is even one near at Bukit Indah and also Horizon Hills(Gamuda Land) are launching some condo units. Again, for Danga area, there is also Danga View, very near the building for MACS application but i wouldn't really recommend it. Maybe other bros here can help?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

New condo development in JB? Try KSL City Condo. RM500k for a 2 bedroom 1000sq ft condo. Monthly maintenance quite standard - 0.14 to 0.20 cents per sq ft.This is touted as a high-end shopping / hotel / private residence complex.

fw1965

I have been reading some of the threads that were posted here ...

I find them very interesting ...

I have been scouting around JB for property ... and I have been bringing my parents to see the place ... however, they are not convinced this is a good option.

I intend to buy a corner terrace house, and drive to work on a daily basis.
I know that this can be challenging and takes discipline to make this possible.

I been to JB on almost 2 to 3 times a week on a regular basis.

I like to meet and discuss with people that are like minded.

I have the following questions:

1. Anyone has any information or data on the following property:
a. Taman Desa Tebrau by Plenitude.
b. Austin Heights
c. Sepia Indah.

in relation to the kind of developers, security, costs of a corner lot 2 storey terrace house.

2. Any immigration issues for me & family staying there on a permanent basis as Singaporean? Traveling daily back and forth to work and home?

3. Is there a requirement for freehold properties about RM 250K & RM 500K?

4. What would be my status there in JB, should I buy a property there?

5. Is it better to start a company, to buy the freehold property through the business entity ? I m just curious ...

If you have any information on the above, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

fw1965

Thank you Wuqi ... your comments & feedback have been very useful.

Are there any prominent or active Singaporean community that organize events for the retirees? I m asking this question in case my parents ask.

Their concern is security and they might get bored staying there.

Any suggestions or outlets for the retirees?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Activities are plenty whether for SG or MY folks, Sutera Mall always has been a hive of activity as do places near Tebrau.

I am sure there will be soon :smile:

Security is as only good as precaution, safety measures and having common sense.
Lots of folks here who flaunt their wealth openly will have their wealth parted shortly.

Lots of shopping, recreational activities like golf for example, one of the TC in Singapore even recently organized a trip to the HH golf resort for golf, led by a lady MP. :smile:

Location will be pretty important given that they would want shops like salons, medical halls or amenities and being Singaporeans, mega malls or hypermarkets. You can find these in a lot of developments here. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last Sunday went to Bt Indah to see the latest condo project "Sky Suites". Upon arrival at their office, realised this project was made known much earlier at the Msian side. Straits Times singapore only advertised 5 days back. 90% taken up. Very convenient. Right infront of Jusco. Direct CW bus fm Bt Indah to Jurong East.

New landed properties like Jade Garden and Lodge terraces also available for booking at Bt Indah. Understand fm the developer upcoming project builtup would be bigger cost of the M$500K threshold. Bt Indah...a mature estate...

Status
Not open for further replies.