• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow....i just finished reading all 16 pages...have been toying with the idea of getting a place in JB but been procastinating...due to worries such as security, distance, etc.

bro wuqi, thanks for sharing...will study more into Horizon Hills...seems like a nice place.

:smile:

Papititis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, learn to write clearly and concisely. Incorrect grammar and bad spelling is fine as long as you get the message across. Secondly, you seem to have illusions of grandeur by expecting people to "stomach" your comments as though its the gospel truth or that you are important somehow. Normally no one bothers to listen to anyone including me if I can't articulate my viewpoint.Thirdly he seems to be more helpful, informative and more considerate to fellow Singaporeans than many others including you. In this instance, a bit of fresh air from the rough and tumble of life. Lastly NS is a contentious issue and people have different experiences and viewpoints. Learn to live with others having different opinions.

Do not swallow every policy as right with no flaws. Do not assume that people who critcise the government are out to do bad for the country.
Instead of grumbling, learn to contribute or at least take night classes to help you articulate the government policies better rather than making the goivernment and country look bad .

Why don't you go fuck yourself and kiss me where the sun don't shine, you moronic bastard! Listen to yourself:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Most of the new development near 2nd link are on higher ground, i doubt the flood can reach that high. It will be the end of world if the flood is that serious.

Agree, the area i am staying in is on high ground, folks commented that if flood water even reached the main gates, most of JB will be all gone. Just because of one to two bad experiences with floodwaters, some people give up totally. I encountered floods when i was working in Tokyo but did the people there move? How about those rich people in Bukit Timah recently? They encountered floods too and flash floods at that, do they all abandon the area?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is%20JB%20crime%20under%20control%20-%20or%20must%20people%20cross%20causeway%20to%20Singapore%20to%20feel%20safe.jpg

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very welly put. That is one good snip to those sinkie losers who only knows how to earn a living by licking their master's ball.

I feel sad for them as they only know how to do this in order to move forward in life.

These are the same losers who love to give an education and advices to others when others didn't ask for it in the first place.

CB kia tonychat,

we all know your ladyboy prostitute wife earn a living by licking other man's balls...:wink::wink::eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Tony,

If you want to hob nob we us lesser mortals you are welcome to do so. Just don't be surprised by the coolie mentality that exists :biggrin:

mojojojo

Just came across this forum, and thanks wuqi for all your valuable info.

I bought a 35x75 cluster at horizon hill's golf precinct a couple of years back, and was just contacted for keys collection.

The place is absolutely beautiful - full views of the golf course and water hazards, wide open spaces making the place look like wisteria lane

i'm struggling with whether i should keep the place or sell it - living there is out as i've got a young kid and i will not want to subject the kid to the malaysian edu system.

you reckon that nusajaya will soon be a hinterland for sgp like shenzhen is to hk?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey Tony,

If you want to hob nob we us lesser mortals you are welcome to do so. Just don't be surprised by the coolie mentality that exists :biggrin:

Hey, meat eater

I will appear and disappear regardless of me being welcome. To be here in this forum does not need any form of welcoming.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, meat eater

I will appear and disappear regardless of me being welcome. To be here in this forum does not need any form of welcoming.

CB kia tonychat,

we all know your ladyboy prostitute wife earn a living by licking other man's balls...:eek::biggrin::p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people I know use it as a relief valve, weekender etc. Eventually you will find a rythmn on how often you use it.
i'm struggling with whether i should keep the place or sell it - living there is out as i've got a young kid and i will not want to subject the kid to the malaysian edu system.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To the comments about developers, etc. Remember, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

As the Chinese saying goes,
If you use a person, do not doubt.
If you doubt a person, do not use.

In this case, if you are in doubt with the developer, do not approach with a stick of any length. Go around, ask and talk to folks not directly related to the property you are keen on, go to forums and after that, make up your own mind. Most importantly, it must be something you want.

Once you made up your mind, check again, like i posted before, property which has been built already are amongst the safest bet though prices will of course be higher.

Gelang Patah area, if you can, avoid it. I never had to go through it or pass through on my many trips. There are many many other areas with good food and safe too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
mojojojo, i would try not to unless you really have no choice. Its freehold so its up to you. The Golf is pretty nice too and pretty different in style from The Gateway, i have one there as well, just a humble terrace but i liked the design.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi
Tks for the info on MACS. Did it via the "frequent traveler" criteria instead of "Iskandar investor". Its out in the papers (ST) today. I guess their CIQ office will be swamped soon.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 15, 2010

Faster clearance to JB

Frequent travellers to JB will not have to fill in the white immigration cards or have their passports stamped, as the scan will capture their personal details. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

SINGAPOREANS who frequently travel to Malaysia will soon be able to zip in and out of the country without having to fill in immigration forms or have their passports stamped. For RM30 (S$12.50) a year, they can get a pass that will be stuck in their passports. The pass holds the traveller's information, and will be scanned at road entry points to the country before users are sent on their way. They do not have to fill in the white immigration cards or have their passports stamped, as the scan will capture their personal details.

The authorities across the Causeway announced on Thursday that they are extending the Malaysian Automatic Clearance System (Macs) - which was previously available only to investors involved in the Iskandar region, students and those working in Johor - to all Singaporeans who travel via road to the country at least four times a month. The new move, said Malaysia's director of immigration (Johor chapter), Mr Mohd Nasri Ishak, on Thursday, is meant to 'encourage Singaporeans to come to Johor and make the process easier for them'. So far, about 1,000 Macs passes have been issued to Singaporeans, a minuscule number compared to the 330,000 people who head north each day.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice place in Danga View.

Bro, I actually went to view that apt too. Notice quite a number of renovations going on. Later realized previous owners moved out and new owners moving in. I hesitate considering buying cos the new projects coming up there will be blocking the present sea view...:o

Oh ya...the present minimum threshold for foreigners to purchase JB properties is RM500K! Not cheap! For that kind of price, developers have to build Semi-D/Terraces with 4-5 rooms. For me I dont really need so many rooms. Hope Najib will revise and bring down the treshold to RM250K. But chances quite slim judging from the demand from Sillyporean buyers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Congrats to bro Toyohon for getting his MACS, it was not easy to get even though now they lowered the bar. Also, to allay some of the concerns here about the VISA stamp, they won't stamp on it. Yes there is the risk that they will miss scanning the passport and you won't know it but also by the same token, you won't get into any serious trouble because there wasn't any way you could know.

My mum's passport recently had this issue and turned out that they asked us to go up just so to find out which guy didn't scan her passport.

Bro Whoami, i hope you managed to find something you like? I think some of the guys were saying the 500k doesn't apply. I am currently exploring at getting more landed with some of my colleagues. 3 of my colleagues(one of them faster than me) got their homes here already.

Also, to some of the forummers here who were asking about cars, there are some websites to find out more, if not already posted previously, here is another link to help find out more. Some old Toyota cars can be had for as low as 12k ringgit(not talking about those ancient 1981 type which is like 4-5000 ringgit) Fixing is pretty cheap too, you can actually find lots of car workshops near the Bukit Indah area, especially near the Setia showhouse area near Tesco/Giant.

http://www.carlist.my/listings.php?next=21

Status
Not open for further replies.