• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Queen, the location though very near by car to the Bukit Indah interchange is still a 15-20 minutes walk to reach the main gates.

Although it is doable as i have seen some do it or cycle, its best to take a cheap cab from Jusco. Alternatively, you can get a cheap 2nd hand car and just park it at the area(parking is free!) Lots of people do it, parking their cars at bus stations and choosing cheap cars to do it.

Cars are much cheaper there, you can get a 2nd hand Perodua for 5000-6000 ringgit, something new like an MPV for 60,000 plus ringgit and insurance is comparable to SG, roadtax will bring a bright smile to your face. I don't even want to talk about the price of fuel.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it a good idea to just own a car in Malaysia and forget all about buying Singapore registered cars ?

Despite all the savings to be gained from living in JB, buying a Sg registered car will mean a few steps backwards.

Or would be it foolish to park your Malaysia registered car at Bt Indah Interchange and travel to Sg by yellow bus ?

Anyway, cars in Malaysia are not cheap either.

Hi Queen, you can look at even an OPC one for Malaysia if you are able to cater for the odd hours since OPC gives you the flexibility of going in and out of SG easily. The option of parking the MY car at the interchange is currently done by many.

Cars are definitely cheap if you don't mind 2nd hand or buy something from Toyota or Perodua.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Thanks for the information.

So I would really have to get a cheap Malaysian car in order to 'dissuade' any potential carjackers from removing my car from Bt Indah Interchange, I guess.

If a new Toyota Altis costs 65K SGD in Sg, how much would a similar one in Malaysia cost ?

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a new Toyota Altis costs 65K SGD in Sg, how much would a similar one in Malaysia cost ?

My aunty's 2005 model bought 2nd hand from a segamat motor workshop costs her RM$12,000.00 only. It was an accident vehicle but the condition is still good as there was no major or structural damage. The workshop did an excellent job on the repairs :p

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Thanks for the information.

So I would really have to get a cheap Malaysian car in order to 'dissuade' any potential carjackers from removing my car from Bt Indah Interchange, I guess.

Its funny, if you really want a cheap car, an Altis is already higher than say other options like Vios for example. I know a small Toyota MPV like the Avanza would cost just about 60k plus and thats in Ringgit. I am sure it would cost 80-100k ringgit at most which is still cheaper than SG especially as the car you buy is yours without needing COE, etc.

Most people just park cars which are dirt cheap there, below 40k ringgit in value. There are lots of options around once we remove our blinkers and look for ourselves that is.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its funny, if you really want a cheap car, an Altis is already higher than say other options like Vios for example. I know a small Toyota MPV like the Avanza would cost just about 60k plus and thats in Ringgit. I am sure it would cost 80-100k ringgit at most which is still cheaper than SG especially as the car you buy is yours without needing COE, etc.

Most people just park cars which are dirt cheap there, below 40k ringgit in value. There are lots of options around once we remove our blinkers and look for ourselves that is.

I'm not saying I want to get an Altis or that Altis is a cheap car. I'm just trying to find out the price difference between Sg registered cars and My registered cars. And since you mentioned Toyota the last time, I thought comparing the Altis might be appropriate because it's the LEAST exotic of all cars.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Altis is slightly higher end already, lowest is actually Vios or thereabout so the least exotic would be the Vios if low profile is what you are after. Even cheaper than the Vios is an MPV like the Avanza, a Toyota MPV sold here which is hugely popular.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Altis is slightly higher end already, lowest is actually Vios or thereabout so the least exotic would be the Vios if low profile is what you are after. Even cheaper than the Vios is an MPV like the Avanza, a Toyota MPV sold here which is hugely popular.

If you want really really cheap cars, buy Proton. :biggrin:

amsyl

Our NS system is still stuck in the 80s mindset. Many EU countries and even Taiwan has reduced conscription to One year or less. A number of countries have scrapped conscription and Taiwan is going toward a full volunteer army by 2014 and scrapping NS completely.

Singaporeans serve NS and still cannot compete at the same level as FTs as companies do not bother about National security. All they care is making money. If Singaporeans have to be slaves to NS every year, FTs don't have this problem and the job goes to them instead of Singaporeans. Notice when you go for interviews, the HR will ask how many in camps you have.

windy15

Lets get back to the topic of living in JB
i have bought a condo in Penang , not sure why they sold it to me at 100K
however i took a long time to sell it, about 1 year
They even ask me how come I qualify to buy ? funny question ?
many singaporeans have bought property in Malaysia and the developer just goes bankrupt and no property.
i have a friend lost his life savings buying property in KL that was not built.

There are some bought the condo in Penang built by "Anwar connection", now 99% completed cannot stay there no TOP

My Thai sales manager bought in Thailand, a semi D for 30K now valued at 50K already, so much cheaper than Johore, however so far away ?
40K is actually 1 Million thai baht, so it is cheaper in Thailand .

If I buy a property, I will stay there or else dont buy ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Thai sales manager bought in Thailand, a semi D for 30K now valued at 50K already, ....

Last I heard was that foreigners were not allowed to buy property in LOS except condos?

So is that "Thai" sales manager or a foreigner holding the postion responsibility for Thai sales :confused:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was in malaysia last year for vacation, and here are my thoughts:

like it. it's a very livable place, especially near the tuas side. for some reason, have no love for johor bahru the town. access to johor from the tuas side is less congested, and the freeway is more 'free'. at night, it has a feel of driving in the u.s. with the reflective markers, clear lanes, and no glaring street lights to take away your focus. most important, there is land, nature, greenery, sceneries and plenty of them. it's a great break from the hustle and bustle of the rat race in congested sg. surveyed some developments and went thru' a few model homes. for the price and serenity, not bad at all. at least, the properties near the tuas side are not going thru' huge bubbles like in hong kong, shanghai, beijing and sg. safe bet i think.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lets get back to the topic of living in JB
i have bought a condo in Penang , not sure why they sold it to me at 100K
however i took a long time to sell it, about 1 year
They even ask me how come I qualify to buy ? funny question ?
many singaporeans have bought property in Malaysia and the developer just goes bankrupt and no property.
i have a friend lost his life savings buying property in KL that was not built.

There are some bought the condo in Penang built by "Anwar connection", now 99% completed cannot stay there no TOP

My Thai sales manager bought in Thailand, a semi D for 30K now valued at 50K already, so much cheaper than Johore, however so far away ?
40K is actually 1 Million thai baht, so it is cheaper in Thailand .

If I buy a property, I will stay there or else dont buy ?

You might only want to consider properties that are already built. Thailand was the first on my list actually but due to considerations with the 99 year thing for houses and that the condo is freehold but the land is not put me off. A spanish restaurant owner in SG just bought 2 units of semi-d beside me, so i think for some, its still a good buy.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
was in malaysia last year for vacation, and here are my thoughts:

like it. it's a very livable place, especially near the tuas side. for some reason, have no love for johor bahru the town. access to johor from the tuas side is less congested, and the freeway is more 'free'. at night, it has a feel of driving in the u.s. with the reflective markers, clear lanes, and no glaring street lights to take away your focus. most important, there is land, nature, greenery, sceneries and plenty of them. it's a great break from the hustle and bustle of the rat race in congested sg. surveyed some developments and went thru' a few model homes. for the price and serenity, not bad at all. at least, the properties near the tuas side are not going thru' huge bubbles like in hong kong, shanghai, beijing and sg. safe bet i think.

I shared the same thoughts as you when i first visited, so did some of my friends. We were wowed both by what we saw and what we didn't. It changed my view point from against coming out to MY to totally for it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
All,

I have replied to all PMs as best as i can.

Please let me know if further details are
required.

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 11, 2010

Weekend homes in Johor

Four in 10 residents in south Johor special zone are Singaporean

By Kimberly Spykerman & Teh Joo Lin

P-5.jpg

More Singaporeans are buying high-end holiday and retirement homes in southern Johor, in developments like The Bayou Water Village in Leisure Farm, which has houses with riverside balconies. --ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

AFTER a leisurely lunch on his patio, Mr Zulkifli Mansor can walk out to a putting green and practise a few strokes of golf - and he doesn't even have to leave his home. From his balcony, Mr Tio Hong Tjoen sometimes casts a reel into the stream winding around his home. The Singapore permanent resident has caught fish weighing up to 3kg. Mr Zulkifli, a 47-year-old civil servant, and Mr Tio, 53, who is in the furniture business, are among an increasing number of Singaporeans and permanent residents buying high-end homes across the Causeway, mainly as weekend residences.

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

[email protected]
[email protected]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viewership crossed the 19K mark today.

At the rate Wuqi is going, the Johore Govt has issue him a Datukship for boosting their economy and a PBM from Singaporeans for showing them where they can get fresh air, lower their blood pressure and sniff the proverbial hibiscus (or is it roses).

ps. there is British Expat from Singapore who built a huge bali style home on a 1 hectare plot. I have seen the outside before. Do you where it is by any chance. All I know is that its near the 2nd causeway.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The country did not nurture me, i was condemned by the system and summarily ejected and branded a failure. I went through a lot of hardship to get to where i am, i went to interview in government jobs and was told i wasn't qualified as i didn't have this, etc.

The issues about burnt churches happened in KL and its far from where i am located and does not bother me. Read the comments about Taiwan scrapping its NS, Taiwan has a formidable opponent in China? Anyway, it was your earlier insults and not comments that i was talking about, you never faced the questions that myself and others had posed to you directly and evaded them.

This thread is started for all but you have always tried to put things down by talking about plantations, motorcycles, changing your tack only halfway so don't talk about its ok for us to enjoy a life outside of SG, we know what to do and we certainly don't need permission from you.

Very welly put. That is one good snip to those sinkie losers who only knows how to earn a living by licking their master's ball.

I feel sad for them as they only know how to do this in order to move forward in life.

These are the same losers who love to give an education and advices to others when others didn't ask for it in the first place.

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very welly put. That is one good snip to those sinkie losers who only knows how to earn a living by licking their master's ball.

I feel sad for them as they only know how to do this in order to move forward in life.

These are the same losers who love to give an education and advices to others when others didn't ask for it in the first place.

So how does it feels like to be assed by the OA? Unfortunately you won't be able to log in to sinkieloser. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

windy15

He is a Thai Chinese Citizen.
however the prices for a condo in thailand is about 20K singapore dollars. Singaporeans can purchase , however dont expect the condo to be the same standard as in singapore.
I stayed in 3 condos in thailand and the rental is cheap about $200 per month, and also near a good location.
For bungalow or semi D there are ways of buying this, using a company or just marry a thai lady ?
In thailand you need to ask a Thai friend to asssist rental or puchase of condo, if you are a foreigner they will not talk to you, due to language problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.