• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Its now August - Have you picked up the migration Pack ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop procrastinating. Its August, 4 months to go for the year. Have you popped down to the local high commission or embassy of the 1st world nations to get your migration pack. Its also available on the net.

Why migrate:

1) A better future for your kids in a first world environment to develop.
2) No need to watch as the PAP hands over the country to foreigners with citizens given discounts which are meaningless with no jobs and no future.
3) No need to watch as an over-aged and therefore a more matured FT kid outscores your kids in exams, sports and in the scholarship race
4) PM controls the country, his father controls GIC, his wife controls Temasek and there are only 2 sovereign funds in this country and the conflict of interest principle fundamental in ensuring control and accountability is missing

The PAP has been given 50 years to accomplish nation building to an acceptable level. No other government in the world except for North Korea has such a long tenure. Are we a nation or a convenient global public toilet for all to use.

Asians are migrating to the 1st world by the planeloads. There is nothing to be afraid.

Act now. Make a resolution to start your application by the 30th. You will have up to 5 years from approval of your PR to make the move. As more people around the aim to migrate, the quotas might restrict your opportunity in the future.

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im starting my application to canada. What happens if I get married after my canadian Skilled Worker application is approved? Does the wife get to be included?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop procrastinating. Its August, 4 months to go for the year. Have you popped down to the local high commission or embassy of the 1st world nations to get your migration pack. Its also available on the net.

Why migrate:

1) A better future for your kids in a first world environment to develop.
2) No need to watch as the PAP hands over the country to foreigners with citizens given discounts which are meaningless with no jobs and no future.
3) No need to watch as an over-aged and therefore a more matured FT kid outscores your kids in exams, sports and in the scholarship race
4) PM controls the country, his father controls GIC, his wife controls Temasek and there are only 2 sovereign funds in this country and the conflict of interest principle fundamental in ensuring control and accountability is missing

The PAP has been given 50 years to accomplish nation building to an acceptable level. No other government in the world except for North Korea has such a long tenure. Are we a nation or a convenient global public toilet for all to use.

Asians are migrating to the 1st world by the planeloads. There is nothing to be afraid.

Act now. Make a resolution to start your application by the 30th. You will have up to 5 years from approval of your PR to make the move. As more people around the aim to migrate, the quotas might restrict your opportunity in the future.

For those prefer to head South of Singapore and who find Australia a suitable place to live in.

Australia has already set a lower immigration intake quota and has made a number of changes to the immigration policies (eg a longer wait for citizenship), esp with the Indian PR visa racket - expect more changes.

Just as oil has filled the treasury of the Arab states, yellow cake (The next big energy source) is expected to fill Aus coffers.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
while you're at it, make sure you don't drop your SG citizenship & withdraw your CPF, also must remember to attend any SG gatherings held by the SG embassy's effort to " embrace" sinkies...:oIo:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
while you're at it, make sure you don't drop your SG citizenship & withdraw your CPF, also must remember to attend any SG gatherings held by the SG embassy's effort to " embrace" sinkies...:oIo:

Wahahaha.. sounds familiar

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to submit supplementary paperwork. In all migration applications, generallly only one family member needs to qualify. It should not be a problem.

Im starting my application to canada. What happens if I get married after my canadian Skilled Worker application is approved? Does the wife get to be included?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep better get this done early.

For those prefer to head South of Singapore and who find Australia a suitable place to live in.

Australia has already set a lower immigration intake quota and has made a number of changes to the immigration policies (eg a longer wait for citizenship), esp with the Indian PR visa racket - expect more changes.

Just as oil has filled the treasury of the Arab states, yellow cake (The next big energy source) is expected to fill Aus coffers.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish you all the best in your application to Canada.

Canada is definitely a much better choice than that redneck & ripoff Australia! It's also the back door to the US which is the number 1 choice for migration for most people.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to Canada!

Are you coming to Edmonton, Alberta?

Don't worry about your future marital status and your spouse; just apply and after you get the immigration visa, you can follow up apply for her the family re-union.

Do not go back to the Immigration Canada to tell them about your marriage paln etc as this will only confuse them and delay your application. The most imporatnat and urgent thing is to get out of the shit hole SICKgaPOOR before you die or injured in the reservist training.

I emigrated to Canada in May 1991. This is the best decision of my life...no regrets at all...the only regret is that I did not come much earlier.

SINKgaPOOR is finished! The last few years show very clearly how the PAP govt. favours the FT over true-blue Singaporeans. Get a few more friends to leave.

I have met and took some new immigrants from Singapore around in Edmonton and you are most welcome to contact me...I will drive you in my new Mercedez E550 or my Ferrari F430 ..depending how when you come...winter is no good to drive the latter...too dirty.

Before you leave, please do me a favour...FUCK Lee Kuan Yew for me.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you 100%.

I emigrated to Canada in May 1991...love every day of my life here. In Singapore it was too stressful so much so that I can't enjoy making love with my wife.

Education for the kids are excellent...just look at my just-turned 13 years old Canadian-born son who is 5' 5" tall now and you will know what I mean. Tall hansome and speak good Canadian English.

We were in Singapore last year and when he stood among the Singapore peers, he outshine them in his height, fair skin and spoken English. Next year when we go back to Singapore agian to visit my dad, he would be 5'9" to 5'10" tall as these two years he grows 5 inches each year!

Plenty of fresh milk (Sin $5.00 per 4 liters..cheap), stawberries, Alberta beef and sleeps 9 to 10 hours each night during school days as there is not much homework to keep him awake. In Alberta, each student must excercise 1/2 hour a day! So good food, plenty of sleep and lots of exercise...children here are taller than the Sinkie kids.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheaper Food and Grocery Items in Canada?

I agree with you 100%.

I emigrated to Canada in May 1991...love every day of my life here. In Singapore it was too stressful so much so that I can't enjoy making love with my wife.

Education for the kids are excellent...just look at my just-turned 13 years old Canadian-born son who is 5' 5" tall now and you will know what I mean. Tall hansome and speak good Canadian English.

We were in Singapore last year and when he stood among the Singapore peers, he outshine them in his height, fair skin and spoken English. Next year when we go back to Singapore agian to visit my dad, he would be 5'9" to 5'10" tall as these two years he grows 5 inches each year!

Plenty of fresh milk (Sin $5.00 per 4 liters..cheap), stawberries, Alberta beef and sleeps 9 to 10 hours each night during school days as there is not much homework to keep him awake. In Alberta, each student must excercise 1/2 hour a day! So good food, plenty of sleep and lots of exercise...children here are taller than the Sinkie kids.

FOR DISCUSSIONS ONLY

Congratulations to You and your achievements!

Pardon me for interrupting your post. I believe that boys usually grow from mid-teens to late-teens, whereas girls grow from early teens, and may stop growing taller after age 16.

Unless both you and your spouse are above average in height, it is possible, but not common for a 12 or 13-year old (Asian) boy to be 5 foot five. Both my wife and I are above average in height (5 ft 7+ and 5 ft 9+), and our soon to be 11 year old daughter is 5 foot 4, with light brown hair and green hazel eyes (fair skin but does not get sun burn, unlike my wife who burns easily). Our soon to be 8 year old son is about 4 foot 5 (short at this stage), our 6 year old daughter (blonde but brown eyes, fair skin) is 4 feet, and our 3 year old son is about 3 feet (brown hair and light brown eyes, fair skin).

With respect to food and grocery items, it may be cheaper in Alberta, but in Toronto, 4 litres of 2% partly skimmed milk is C$4, whereas 4 litres of Tru Taste (filtered) 2 % milk is usually C$6.50 (but on sale during the summer for C$5). Stawberries, local Ontario grown is about C$3 to $4 a quart, whereas raspberries are 2 six oz container for C$4 to C$5. Salmon fillet used to be C$7 a pound, but has been CS12 to $14 a pound for the past several months. Bananas used to be C$0.39 to $0.49 a pound, but this year, it has been C$0.59 to C$0.79 a pound. Beef: Grade AA and better rib steak on sale at C$5 a pound, whereas Angus or Sterling Silver striploin or ribeye steaks are about C$16 to $18 a pound (sometimes at C$8 a pound when it is on sale).

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A piece of advice to those who intend to emigrate from that shit hole of a little red dot... you are not stuck where you first land. Options will present themselves on a regular basis for you to improve your lot further.

When I left Sinkieland, I landed in Perth, moved to Sydney to take profit when Perth benefitted from the commodity boom and moved again from the suburbs to a rural location a couple of years later for the same reason.

I am now in NZ (OZ citizens get automatic PR in Kiwiland). yes it was to take profit again plus benefit from favourable exchange rates. However, I spend less than half a year here to avoid becoming a tax resident. I spend a few months in Australia and do project work in London during the summer months. Every place has its good and bad aspects. The trick is to take advantage of the benefits and try to avoid the pitfalls.

Travel and communication are so easy nowadays that nobody should feel they are stuck in one place.

I have noticed that loads of people bitch about racism and taxes in OZ in this section. The truth of the matter is that racist incidences are few and far between and the news is often distorted when racism does hit the headlines.

Take the recent attacks on Indians. Most would assume that they were committed by white trash when in fact it was the Lebs (recent immigrants themselves) that started it all.

As for taxes they may look high on paper but there are so many ways of getting your tax money back from the govt. There are also numerous grants (state and federal) that can actually put you in the black. There were some years where I actually got more out of the govt than they took from me. You'll never get a freakin' cent out of the PAP:wink:

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you get married AFTER approval but BEFORE you land in Canada, you will need to update CIC of any additional members to your family. This applies even if you do not intend to apply for PR for them. Failure to disclose will mean that the additional member in question will be permanently barred from applying for PR in future.

If you want to include your wife, you can still do so. But regardless of your decision, you MUST inform CIC prior to you landing in Canada.

Do not worry. Once your immigration visa is ready to be issued, CIC will give detailed instructions.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moving within the Country

A piece of advice to those who intend to emigrate from that shit hole of a little red dot... you are not stuck where you first land. Options will present themselves on a regular basis for you to improve your lot further.

When I left Sinkieland, I landed in Perth, moved to Sydney to take profit when Perth benefitted from the commodity boom and moved again from the suburbs to a rural location a couple of years later for the same reason.

I am now in NZ (OZ citizens get automatic PR in Kiwiland). yes it was to take profit again plus benefit from favourable exchange rates. Howevert, I spend less than half a year here to avoid becoming a tax resident. I spend a few months in Australia and do project work in London during the summer months. Every place has its good and bad aspects. The trick is to take advantage of the benefits and try to avoid the pitfalls.

Travel and communication are so easy nowadays that nobody should feel they are stuck in one place.

I have noticed that loads of people bitch about racism and taxes in OZ in this section. The truth of the matter is that racist incidences are few and far between and the news is often distorted when racism does hit the headlines.

Take the recent attacks on Indians. Most would assume that they were committed by white trash when in fact it was the Lebs (recent immigrants themselves) that started it all.

As for taxes they may look high on paper but there are so many ways of getting your tax money back from the govt. There are also numerous grants (state and federal) that can actually put you in the black. There were some years where I actually got more out of the govt than they took from me. You'll never get a freakin' cent out of the PAP:wink:

Moving within the country where you intend to emigrate allows numerous alternatives. Less rigid compared to Singapore.
Apply for permanent residence before the criteria becomes more stringent and restrictive.

jw5

Loyal
Have you picked up your migration pack?
When are you migrating?
If you are not, why not?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing bro.

I am now in NZ (OZ citizens get automatic PR in Kiwiland). yes it was to take profit again plus benefit from favourable exchange rates. However, I spend less than half a year here to avoid becoming a tax resident. I spend a few months in Australia and do project work in London during the summer months. Every place has its good and bad aspects. The trick is to take advantage of the benefits and try to avoid the pitfalls.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have covered the bases with fingers in more than one pie. Thats why this is my pet hobby. There are many options.

Here is another option as an example. Group of retired civil servants especially teachers have taken on 5 year PR, cannot be converted to citizenship and live in perth, melbourne, sydney. House in singapore rented out. Renewal every 5 years is automatic.

One guy is in Tasmania growing fruits and selling as a lifestyle after retirement.

Have you picked up your migration pack?
When are you migrating?
If you are not, why not?