• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To all Potential Migrants, What do you think of this?

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets have an open and honest discussion about this incident. I will withhold my personal opinion until I hear some others share their views.

In Singapore there are supposed "double standards". What about this?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25876382-26103,00.html

Teen avoids jail over fatal $10 dare

August 03, 2009
Article from: Australian Associated Press

A 19-year-old man involved in a $10 dare that caused the death of a Chinese student has avoided jail.

Aaron Toal was out with friends on the night of July 7 last year when they targeted Yuxiong Han, 21, who was walking home in the dark from work.

The Victorian Supreme Court heard Toal dared one of his friends $10 to hit Han.

His teenage co-accused threw a punch, causing Han to run into the path of an oncoming car at Forest Hill, in Melbourne's east.

He was struck by the car, suffering massive head injuries and died in hospital.

Toal pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Mr Han, who had only arrived in Australia 12 weeks earlier to study here.

Toal was today ordered to undertake a two-year community-based order with 500 hours of unpaid work.

Justice Stephen Kaye told Toal his conduct was disgraceful and cowardly.

He said he was lucky to escape jail.

"You are fortunate. Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity afforded to you,'' he said.

But Victims of Crime Association president Noel McNamara said the sentence was inadequate and put little value on human life.

"It's an absolute outrage. He should've got at least 10 years in jail.

"It's just too merciful and we will certainly write to the DPP about it.

"It's just not good enough.''

The court heard after the incident Toal and his co-accused quickly walked away from the scene.

They later returned and asked onlookers what happened to give a false impression they had just arrived.

Toal initially lied to police about his involvement but later admitted to it when his version of events conflicted with other witnesses.

The judge described victim impact statements from Mr Han's parents as heart-rending.

"By your actions, you have not only cost a decent young man his life, but you have taken from his parents their only and much beloved son, and deprived his sister of her only sibling,'' he said.

The judge said he was satisfied the attack was the result of a thoughtless prank.

He also accepted race was not a factor in the crime and that Toal was deeply remorseful.

Justice Kaye took into account Toal's youth and otherwise good character.

He said his rehabilitation prospects were good and this could be jeopardised by a term of imprisonment.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone threw a punch at me, I won't turn around and run. I will ensure that the guy pays for it. NS should have buit some confidence. If you are scared of having punches thrown, best be with your mother. No society is safe from idiots and all societies have some people who are scared of venturing from the safety of their parents and home.

Thats the beauty of western society - there are people and groups that are prepared to voice their displeasure about the clear inadequacy of the sentence. Something that is missing in Singapore.

Look at the SPH journalist who killed a person in a traffic accident while using her handphone. She got away because the judge made an error. Did anyone complain or raise it as an issue.

I will be the first to agree with you that people who are scared should not leave their home. Migration is not meant fot everyone. I will also be first to agree with you that there are thugs and idiots in Australia no different to other countries. Will also say that the attack strikes me as racist despite what the judge thinks.

Then again, lets look at Penny Wong, who was born of chinese parentage in Malaysia, migrated when she was young and is now a Federal Cabinet Minister. Both Adelaide and Melbourne had elected mayors who were chinese. Do you think that Chinese made up the majority in their electorates. Does the society sounds racist to you.

You have 2 fundamental issues that you grappling with
1) You are worried about being assaulted and discriminated. You sound insecure and inadeqaute. Imagine you are scared of going to a 1st world country. Clearly you are not ready. If you feared going to Afganisatan or Somalia, I am sure most of us would agree with you.

2) You appear to be misinformed or are unable to grasps information about other countries in the appropriate context. Do read more.

Frankly what you need to do is to grow some balls - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Well, Penny Wong certainly has more balls than you and the last time I looked she really looks Chinese to me.

Lets have an open and honest discussion about this incident. I will withhold my personal opinion until I hear some others share their views.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

August 03, 2009

A 19-year-old man involved in a $10 dare that caused the death of a Chinese student has avoided jail.

Aaron Toal was out with friends on the night of July 7 last year when they targeted Yuxiong Han, 21, who was walking home in the dark from work.

His teenage co-accused threw a punch, causing Han to run into the path of an oncoming car at Forest Hill, in Melbourne's east.

Toal pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Mr Han, who had only arrived in Australia 12 weeks earlier to study here.

Toal was today ordered to undertake a two-year community-based order with 500 hours of unpaid work.

"You are fortunate. Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity afforded to you,'' he said.

But Victims of Crime Association president Noel McNamara said the sentence was inadequate and put little value on human life.

The court heard after the incident Toal and his co-accused quickly walked away from the scene.

They later returned and asked onlookers what happened to give a false impression they had just arrived.

Toal initially lied to police about his involvement but later admitted to it when his version of events conflicted with other witnesses.

The judge described victim impact statements from Mr Han's parents as heart-rending.

"By your actions, you have not only cost a decent young man his life, but you have taken from his parents their only and much beloved son, and deprived his sister of her only sibling,'' he said.

The judge said he was satisfied the attack was the result of a thoughtless prank.

He also accepted race was not a factor in the crime and that Toal was deeply remorseful.

He said his rehabilitation prospects were good and this could be jeopardised by a term of imprisonment.

I will tell you what I find surprising - the fact that young teens would consider hitting Asians in Australia on a dare. This would not have happened had the man walking home been White.

Australia has a severe racism problem. Asian kids going to school there are getting beaten, bullied, etc. Now we have a poor Chinese kid who got killed. At what point will the whole country just erupt?

Oh wait a minute, that happened just a few months ago - 2009 Melbourne Riots.

Bottom line: If you are an Asian in Australia you are fucked pure and simple.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone threw a punch at me, I won't turn around and run. I will ensure that the guy pays for it. NS should have buit some confidence. If you are scared of having punches thrown, best be with your mother. No society is safe from idiots and all societies have some people who are scared of venturing from the safety of their parents and home.

Thats the beauty of western society - there are people and groups that are prepared to voice their displeasure about the clear inadequacy of the sentence. Something that is missing in Singapore.

Look at the SPH journalist who killed a person in a traffic accident while using her handphone. She got away because the judge made an error. Did anyone complain or raise it as an issue.

I will be the first to agree with you that people who are scared should not leave their home. Migration is not meant fot everyone. I will also be first to agree with you that there are thugs and idiots in Australia no different to other countries. Will also say that the attack strikes me as racist despite what the judge thinks.

Then again, lets look at Penny Wong, who was born of chinese parentage in Malaysia, migrated when she was young and is now a Federal Cabinet Minister. Both Adelaide and Melbourne had elected mayors who were chinese. Do you think that Chinese made up the majority in their electorates. Does the society sounds racist to you.

1) You are worried about being assaulted and discriminated. You sound insecure and inadeqaute. Imagine you are scared of going to a 1st world country. Clearly you are not ready. If you feared going to Afganisatan or Somalia, I am sure most of us would agree with you.

2) You appear to be misinformed or are unable to grasps information about other countries in the appropriate context. Do read more.

Frankly what you need to do is to grow some balls - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Well, Penny Wong certainly has more balls than you and the last time I looked she really looks Chinese to me.

scroobal,

err.... london cabbie is aussie prick....

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm glad you have the balls.. these days I hardly see any sinkies have what it takes to put up a "fight".. They'll normally chicken out.. NS has caused them to be weak instead of stronger.. SG education/policy have given them "fear".. In conclusion, migration is not for chickens..

U

UpYoz_olo

Fucking CB kia only know how to talk big. Show us proof you have taken down aussies or any angmos here, let alone in western countries, before talk big lah.

Tiu lei loh moh:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello londoncabby, your mentality is exactly the reason why the angmo can reign supreme over so much of the world today. When you are hit, you do not run away unless the other person has a dangerous weapon and you are unarmed. Even then, it may still depend on the situation (for example, if you need to fight to protect someone).

The Chinese culture of always seeking safety (or avoiding confrontation as LKY likes to call it), in my opinion, is not the best strategy. Yes, they may have been able to survive even when conquered but most of them lived like dogs under foreign rule (and even when ruled by their own kind). They were also easily conquered by enemies far smaller than them.

Do you know what the Muslims are doing today? They are moving to the Western countries en masse to attempt to take over these countries. If they succeed, it will spell an even worse fate for you, my friend. Although the Chinese are huge in numbers but they are not united and too many of them are cowards like you.

You need to take a stand and to do so unflinchingly. Let me tell you a story. When I was young and naive, there was a company policy introduced that I did not agree with. I asked my colleagues and all of them agreed with me. They said this should be brought up during a meeting and they will support me. When I spoke up during the meeting, the manager then asked if there were others who shared my view. Guess what, all of them remained silent and were happy to have me take the risk but to share in the spoils if I succeed in my request. This is the reason why our unions have been silenced, why no one wants to join politics and why I think NS is useless. LKY understands this mentality too well as he spent a number of years in England observing the Angmos. The same thing happened again years later but with FTs among my colleagues. This time, the PRC colleagues put their name to the paper and supported me. From then on, I realised that Singapore will never amount to anything, maybe that is the reason why we need so many FTs.

My final word to those Chinese who are afraid is to remain in Singapore as that will be the environment that best suits you but don't forget that although you may be the majority in Singapore, you are not the majority race in the region you are living in. The old adage "No risk, no gain" still holds true today.

Last edited:

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello londoncabby, your mentality is exactly the reason why the angmo can reign supreme over so much of the world today. When you are hit, you do not run away unless the other person has a dangerous weapon and you are unarmed. Even then, it may still depend on the situation (for example, if you need to fight to protect someone).

The Chinese culture of always seeking safety (or avoiding confrontation as LKY likes to call it), in my opinion, is not the best strategy. Yes, they may have been able to survive even when conquered but most of them lived like dogs under foreign rule (and even when ruled by their own kind). They were also easily conquered by enemies far smaller than them.

Do you know what the Muslims are doing today? They are moving to the Western countries en masse to attempt to take over these countries. If they succeed, it will spell an even worse fate for you, my friend. Although the Chinese are huge in numbers but they are not united and too many of them are cowards like you.

You need to take a stand and to do so unflinchingly. Let me tell you a story. When I was young and naive, there was a company policy introduced that I did not agree with. I asked my colleagues and all of them agreed with me. They said this should be brought up during a meeting and they will support me. When I spoke up during the meeting, the manager then asked if there were others who shared my view. Guess what, all of them remained silent and were happy to have me take the risk but to share in the spoils if I succeed in my request. This is the reason why our unions have been silenced, why no one wants to join politics and why I think NS is useless. LKY understands this mentality too well as he spent a number of years in England observing the Angmos. The same thing happened again years later but with FTs among my colleagues. This time, the PRC colleagues put their name to the paper and supported me. From then on, I realised that Singapore will never amount to anything, maybe that is the reason why we need so many FTs.

My final word to those Chinese who are afraid is to remain in Singapore as that will be the environment that best suits you but don't forget that although you may be the majority in Singapore, you are not the majority race in the region you are living in. The old adage "No risk, no gain" still holds true today.

You mention muslims. You might wish to take heed to local reports in Australia where one politician is trying to ban them in Australia, for she is "recieving letters from constituents (White) who are afraid of them" Another Middle Eastern newspaper reported that in Australia muslims are spat on, and also in shopping centres White Ang Mohs "are putting thier cigarettes out in the hair of Muslims, as if they are an ashtray".

This information is taken from Newspapers. If you wish to obtain a copy I can supply you with the relevant links.

Point is Australia is much further behind racial harmony other developed Western Countries are, as racism seems to be prevalent in society. I concur the problem is rooted in the mentality of whites in Australia, not Whites in European nations or in the Americas, where race relations seems to be more advanced.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a well known fact that londoncabby is aussie prick is shockshit is redbull is ponz(something) is about half a dozen others as well - which all of us also know. This maniac completely destroyed a perfectly good forum with his racist taunts of aussies and other races. he's never been to australia, great britain, US or canada (ir anyone else). has no job - just stays at home pulling his pud and posting in this forum. very low intellect indeed. fancy trying to generalize the actions of a minority of idiots to apply to an entire population. ridiculous!... can offer one example of how u can tell he's one and the same (just one, coz he'll probably go back and edit his posts when he realizes how foolish he looks) - the term 'rip off' is spelled with one 'p' - all of his clones use the misspelled term 'ripp off'. It's been a long time since I've visited sammyboy forum, and I'm so surprised people still read his stuff here and respond. He's not worth the bandwidth! pttuii!! lowlife! Thank godness most people in this world carry less hate than this deluded individual - most aussies are tolerant of all races and welcome integration at every level.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point is Australia is much further behind racial harmony other developed Western Countries are, as racism seems to be prevalent in society. I concur the problem is rooted in the mentality of whites in Australia, not Whites in European nations or in the Americas, where race relations seems to be more advanced.

I can't comment on this as I do not have the experience to compare. But one possible reason could be that for most of Australia's history, the only significant racial minority there has been the aborigines.

As to the future direction that Australia will take and what it is like living in Australia currently, I will leave it to forummers living in Australia to comment.

AhSo1

Alfrescian
Loyal

August 03, 2009

I personally abhor such happenstance. When racial prejudice poisons the very air breathed by all how can there be freedom?

A poor innocent life has been lost due to such bigotry.

How can life be enjoyed by a minority when they are subject to vigilante violence?

How can any parent sleep peacefully at night knowing thier son/daughter might be in mortal danger due to thier race?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm glad you have the balls.. these days I hardly see any sinkies have what it takes to put up a "fight".. They'll normally chicken out.. NS has caused them to be weak instead of stronger.. SG education/policy have given them "fear".. In conclusion, migration is not for chickens..

what balls? he is still stuck in sg, afraid of venturing out. don't trust or listen to anyone who talks (big about) the talk but becomes a coward when confronted about walking the walk.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you feared going to Afganisatan or Somalia, I am sure most of us would agree with you.

Dun make it sound so jialat leh..... actually Somalia ain't that bad a place to be :biggrin: ........ unless you happen to be white....... the people there are quite friendly to us yellow skins :smile: but hate the white skins like hell.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. Had similar experiences.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thanks for the headsup. Agree that he destroyed this forum. I saw the emigration folder just go to pieces. Use to be the lively folder.

This maniac completely destroyed a perfectly good forum with his racist taunts of aussies and other races. he's never been to australia, great britain, US or canada (ir anyone else). has no job - just stays at home pulling his pud and posting in this forum. very low intellect indeed. fancy trying to generalize the actions of a minority of idiots to apply to an entire population. ridiculous!... can offer one example of how u can tell he's one and the same (just one, coz he'll probably go back and edit his posts when he realizes how foolish he looks) - the term 'rip off' is spelled with one 'p' - all of his clones use the misspelled term 'ripp off'. It's been a long time since I've visited sammyboy forum, and I'm so surprised people still read his stuff here and respond. He's not worth the bandwidth! pttuii!! lowlife! Thank godness most people in this world carry less hate than this deluded individual - most aussies are tolerant of all races and welcome integration at every level.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure people there are nice as well but in the context of safety and immediate opportunity, it far behind the 1st world.

Dun make it sound so jialat leh..... actually Somalia ain't that bad a place to be :biggrin: ........ unless you happen to be white....... the people there are quite friendly to us yellow skins :smile: but hate the white skins like hell.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure people there are nice as well but in the context of safety and immediate opportunity, it far behind the 1st world.

So says SCROOBAL/AUSSIE PETE/LITTLEFISH/CHEWED and your other nicks who joined July 08

Busted big time dickhead.

You are a sad case.