• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interim Feedback on New Forum

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, my 2 cents worth as the tweaking is in progress;

1) Orange and Blue is too contrasty and the shades of both colours are too strong.
2) The words appear secondary to the background. Should be the other way around.
3) Notice banner is too big and becoming an eyesore as every screen change ends at the notice banner. Compunded by the fact that Asian Values Forum is the main notice. Might turn off people in public or within common room accessing. Also limits the number of thread headlines that can be displayed and requires page turning. Also reduces no. of posts that can be read per page. Vbulletin design does not allow easy navigation so reducing the need to naqvigate would be good.
4) The boxed approach to quotes is too large a footprint. The Line to the left of the quote approach is better

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks for the feedback.

I like the Orange and blue theme. You can revert to the standard vbulletin theme by selecting the "default" theme in the "style chooser" at the bottom of the page.

The Asian values forum banner was put there simply because there are a whole lot of blur kings who don't seem to know how to get to the sex forum except via sammyboy.com :rolleyes: I told them all to bookmark the sex forum. The banner will be removed soon.

The boxed approach to quotes is fine. The problem is that too many quote the whole post unnecessarily. They will receive infractions if they make a habit of doing so.

Sam, my 2 cents worth as the tweaking is in progress;

1) Orange and Blue is too contrasty and the shades of both colours are too strong.
2) The words appear secondary to the background. Should be the other way around.
3) Notice banner is too big and becoming an eyesore as every screen change ends at the notice banner. Compunded by the fact that Asian Values Forum is the main notice. Might turn off people in public or within common room accessing. Also limits the number of thread headlines that can be displayed and requires page turning. Also reduces no. of posts that can be read per page. Vbulletin design does not allow easy navigation so reducing the need to naqvigate would be good.
4) The boxed approach to quotes is too large a footprint. The Line to the left of the quote approach is better

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new smooth blue skin is better as the colour tones are less "reflective" and more easy on the eyes. TQ :biggrin: