• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singapore too expensive for us to live in?

thelalaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all, want to start this thread to express my feeling abt the lifestyle in Singapore. Wondering anyone out there feeling the same way too. Recently the increase of the boarding fare of taxi by 30 cents, just feel that lately everything in singapore is going up and not coming down. just feeling abit fuck up.. lol.. so those want to vent your anger and seek for ppls that agree your though.. can write your feeling here.. =)

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can blame that on the PAP goverment. Their actions and standards are part to balme for this phenomena.

thelalaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah bro.. you dont like PAP? haha.. do you support the other one? haha.. better not talk abt political stuff here..

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food increase, ERP increase, Bus Fare going to increase soon also, GST increase, Electricity bill increase, MP Salary also increase.

Beer very expensive(in China one can of Tiger Beer only RMB 4(Sgd 0.80) but Singapore Selling at Sgd 2.50, Cigarette also super expensive(because TAX).

This is Singapore. Hai.....

thelalaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERP is a killer for driver.. Bus fare taxi fare killer GST killer for the public.. haiz.. cigarette.. i can still remember the days i can get a pack for 3 to 4 buck plus per pack.. Like now.. hitting 12 buck. omg. i love smoking at other country.. so cheap.. hahaha..

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. okok.. sorry bro..

Hey brother, no problem. All is good.

so those want to vent your anger and seek for ppls that agree your though.. can write your feeling here..

The sad thing is there is nothing much we can do [at least generally] but to accept that as part of life.

wegocity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wondering anyone out there feeling the same way too. Recently the increase of the boarding fare of taxi by 30 cents, just feel that lately everything in singapore is going up and not coming down.
if you count the 30 cents charge on a yr term basis it is indeed going to be a great expenses. 365days x 2trips/day x 30cents=$219per yr.:mad:

wegocity

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERP is a killer for driver.. Bus fare taxi fare killer GST killer for the public.. haiz.. cigarette..
Now that T3 retail business aint so robust, its high time they bring in ERP upon reaching T3 to generate more business. Wonder who said that ERP can help to generate better profit for business in the long run.

neutralsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
>> just feel that lately everything in singapore is going up

Not true that everything is going up...at least Tharman tries to coax the employers not to hike up the pay of the workers.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Everything price have increase. So do the others place or country but not increase by so much. Compare in South East Asia country. Sure we are top but if compare to the Asia we are not so much high.
Those complaint TAXI surcharge 30cent, please dont take TAXI. No one force you to flag down a TAXI is a free market. Average taxi fare is $10~$15 without included any surcharge. If can pay at least $10 what is 30 cents. Take bus/MRT just change you life, make your journey 30min~1hour early.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that T3 retail business aint so robust, its high time they bring in ERP upon reaching T3 to generate more business. Wonder who said that ERP can help to generate better profit for business in the long run.

If u put it back to hm he will sing another song.

monkey4

Alfrescian
Loyal
sillypore sucks lah....

we are not asking for fuel subsidy... we are only asking for removal of fuel excise tax.... gahment oso say cannot.... spare a thought for those existing car owners with negative asset value... what can they do.... continue driving lor.... of course sillypore getting too expensive to live in... :(

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those have car cannot afford. Just have to bite the bullet with losses maybe just have to continue installment for 1 year after selling the car. Like take personal loan from bank.
Those with monthly income less than 5K should not even think of buying car.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
one thing i don't understand....

1) first they say fuel increase (from 1.19 to 1.80), Taxi fare need to overhaul, to fix fuel price problem and a whole host of other things.

2) now they say need to slap on a fuel surcharge, and it will stay there until diesel goes back to $1.19. so i need to continue until that happen.

My question is, what about the first increase? wasn't it mena to fix the fuel increase price in the first place? coz the surcharge sounds like an increase to fix what has already been increased to fix. d'oh... it is very typical of our policy maker, to use money to control situations.

Ask the cab drivers.... so far most of them i speak with, is not for the increase....

I also notice, everything cab price increase, it will be followed by public transport fare...but maybe it is coincidents lah

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so bloody sick and tired of my declining quality of life! Crowds and queues wherever I go, everything costing more, more rude people and corrupted politicians... I've done everything to alleviate my suffering, like planning to buy a 3-room flat, scimping on purchases, meals etc...

But the question is, WHY SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS? My counterparts in 1st world countries can buy a nice house and big car.....why should i make do with a pigeonhole and MRT??

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what does the raising of our wages do to hurt them?...to now i still dun fully understand

When our wages go up, cost of business go up... invester will go somewhere else so garment lost tax lobang... when we out of job garment lost income tax lobang... We quit smoking and drinking so lesser tobaco/beer tax lobang... we sell our car so lesser ERP lobang... Wah!! Lidat cnot ask for 30-40% telent rentention increment HOW CAN!!!! :biggrin::p