• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Option Trading make me a Millionaire?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

I saw the website www.freely.com and must say it does look very impressive.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, i guess is if he can promised you that, then he probably did just that to every other would be sign ups.1 of my friends didn't 'relac' with millions at home after graduated from his course though.:rolleyes:

proffessor_x

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wooohooooo............

Sinkieland will be full of millionaires liao in 6 months time.
No need to work, we all sit back and relac, see the money rolling in as promised by one Mr Chiang.

Wah........... another Billionaire in the making.......richer than Warren Buffet and Bill Gates put together.

you believe this shit????

matrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
there r plenty of such seminars tat promise u the moon
if it is that simple there will be many millionaires walking the streets
no need to slog like mad these speakers r top class salesmen
do not be conned by them
success in trading takes yrs of hardwork n discipline there r no short cut
just remember

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
well.. in theory, it will work.

However, he will stress to you during the course, the rightway to do the investments (option trading) is in maintaining self discipline, which is not to risk too much capital at 1 single trade. He will recommend an exposure of 3% for each trade.

Assuming that you have a based of 1 million, and a 3% exposure is 30k. but ifyou only have a base of 100k, 3% is 3k... so my question is, how many people make 1 million from 3k capital risk? IMHO very few.

Also, a point to note, he does not (or very little) teach you how to read the market (which is what most people need) what he teaches is how to use the option trading platform to trade with the market conditions. For me, i guess it owuld be most useful, if he can teach how to read the market, but that will open a can of worms, and most course runner won't want that can to be open and run into reputational risk.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When someone tells you that you can just get rich and relax in a few months time, ought to have his integrity checked.

What foundation you have in doing trading. People will spend times and even months and years to understand a market and not the techical aspect of earning money.

T

tittohlang

Well... base on what i observe and learn from the rich guys who made millions from option trading is common.
They all tell me the same thing - " I have to be burnt many times in order to get where I am today "

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well... base on what i observe and learn from the rich guys who made millions from option trading is common.
They all tell me the same thing - "I have to be burnt many times in order to get where I am today."

That is call understanding the market.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it is really tempting with this get-rich approach. I have been trading stocks for the past 2 years and lost some money. Not a lot, but still quite painful. But like what Mr Chiang said, option trading can make me money even if the market go south. Is that true?

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it is really tempting with this get-rich approach. I have been trading stocks for the past 2 years and lost some money. Not a lot, but still quite painful. But like what Mr Chiang said, option trading can make me money even if the market go south. Is that true?

It is true but can you predict the market correctly to profit from it? Options are supposed to be used as a hedging instrument and not money making. I think you are better off investing in your Monday and Thursday TOTO. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

If he can teach you to make millions, why doesn't he make millions for himself so he can relax at home instead of having to conduct investment seminars. :rolleyes:

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I did ask my friend this question. My friend said Clement Chiang has made his millions and driving a BMW. And he now wants to impart his option trading wisdom to the public so that others can benefit from it. Something like doing charity work for the benefit of mankind.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yeah, I did ask my friend this question. My friend said Clement Chiang has made his millions and driving a BMW. And he now wants to impart his option trading wisdom to the public so that others can benefit from it. Something like doing charity work for the benefit of mankind.

Anyone who believes that shit deserves to be be ripped off.:wink:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One word of advice, if you made money quickly..you will lose it quickly lagi worse if you kena conned and get into debts..being in debt is worse than having not enough money.....LOL......it's better to do it the old fashion way, slowly and steadily..have an honest living..

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

I saw the website www.freely.com and must say it does look very impressive.

proffessor_x

Alfrescian
Loyal
**But like what Mr Chiang said, option trading can make me money even if the market go south. Is that true?**

yes it is very true; after paying his tiu-tion fee.
market goes south, market goes north, market goes east, market goes west.......
he still makes money; not you.......... whahahahha

redname

Alfrescian
Loyal
options are very high risk, becareful

but high risk gets high returns, so its possible to get rich by this.

Alibaba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is another option trader.

http://www.nondirectionaltrading.com/

He did the opposite of Clement. His trading method is different from Clement. He dont promise you becoming a millionaire. In fact using his system, you will only be able to generate 5-15% a month on your capital outlay.

I use his trading system, and it give me some extra income. But cannot make me a millionaire even in the next 5 years. (base on my invest capital of $20K USD).

I started trading on and off since last May 2007. Today my trading account got about 29K USD. I make 9K but if I convert to SGD, i will lose out on exchange rate. Still is good 'extra income'.

Clement method can be very risky. You can make alot in 1 trade. You can die also in 1 trade.

Where Dave Fu method is completely the oppsite, is very boring and almost risk free method. That's why he can only promise you a small percentage gain in option trading.

*I am not associate to him. He taught me the method which was free at that time. I believe today he will charge a fee to impart the system.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, you can call or put the market. If the market is going up, you buy a call option. If the market is going down, you buy a put option.

During the course, he will also teach you the strategies such as a straddle option..etc...etc...

But all these can be learn.. just go to www.optionxpress.com and read.

What i like to see him teaching (for the worth of the money) is to teach people how to read the market.