• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tithes

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question:

If a worshipper regularly pay tithes every month for a few years and then met with severe financial hardship, can he ask the church to give some back to him to tide over his difficulties ??

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question:

If a worshipper regularly pay tithes every month for a few years and then met with severe financial hardship, can he ask the church to give some back to him to tide over his difficulties ??

Of course he can ask, but how much he gets depends on the church. Once money handed over, it is not your money anymore.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Music+from+Mission+Impossible+fr.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question:

joseph20prince20picture1.jpg

KNN! Can u withdraw ur CPeeF or not? If not, ahbathen? *chey*

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Question:

You give to charity and you expect a return when you screwed up???? That is not charity, that is called investment. You invest in the wrong place and have the wrong concept of investment.

Pls learn the right thing and in the right direction. Don't confuse yourself.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question:

Maybe u can ask Teekee= pylae=vibgyor:biggrin:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question:

The pastor will quote Matthew 19:34 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

All rich men will get napalmed in the ring of hell's fire? We'll never know.....

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tithes not like buying insurance of sorts, got policy loans.

It starts with a "T" because it is like "Tax".

Like Tax, the cash never flow back in this reverse direction.

Question:

Last edited:

Lydia

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the Bible, giving in church (like praying and fasting) must be done in private. So how would anyone know how much a certain person has put in the offering bag in the first place?

This may come as a shock for some, but a Bible scholar told me that tithing (giving of 10%) was an Old Testament requirement that no longer applies. Giving should be done freely and not under compulsion. Christians are no longer living under the OT law but are free in Christ.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the Bible, giving in church (like praying and fasting) must be done in private. So how would anyone know how much a certain person has put in the offering bag in the first place?

This may come as a shock for some, but a Bible scholar told me that tithing (giving of 10%) was an Old Testament requirement that no longer applies. Giving should be done freely and not under compulsion. Christians are no longer living under the OT law but are free in Christ.

Thats the reason why they are stupid........

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay i try to answer on tithes...please correct me if i get the facts wrong..

you should give 10% of your salary to the church, you can do that every month thru GIRO or bank transfers or even drop a large angpow in the offering bag.

a little part of this money is basically used to pay the pastors salary, the rest goes to church expenses like running an organisation and organising church activities. a good church should run like a non-profit organisation and and should have a balance budget.

I don't think what you give to God is refundable. Like if God gave you blessings, do you think you want Him to take it back? Tioh Boh? Besides it's only 10% sup sup sway right? Strange experience I have encounter though, the more you shovel more of your money into the church, the more money God shovel back to you. You ended up not have to worry about money, because God takes care of it though. I think many people who had financial difficulties are the ones who are stingy towards God. It's very strange but God works in mysterious ways..

But of course when you encounter genuine financial difficulties, the church could help you by raising money for you. Like we did a fundraising event for a fellow sister who is a student and had a serious illness.

That's for a simple church like ours.

As for Mega-churches, maybe someone from there could give us some infos on how the money is spent?? like 500K for a Pastor salary?

Last edited:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay i try to answer on tithes...please correct me if i get the facts wrong..

you should give 10% of your salary to the church, you can do that every month thru GIRO or bank transfers or even drop a large angpow in the offering bag.

a little part of this money is basically used to pay the pastors salary, the rest goes to church expenses like running an organisation and organising church activities. a good church should run like a non-profit organisation and and should have a balance budget.

I don't think what you give to God is refundable. Like if God gave you blessings, do you think you want Him to take it back? Tioh Boh? Besides it's only 10% sup sup sway right? Strange experience I have encounter though, the more you shovel more of your money into the church, the more money God shovel back to you. You ended up not have to worry about money, because God takes care of it though. I think many people who had financial difficulties are the ones who are stingy towards God. It's very strange but God works in mysterious ways..

But of course when you encounter genuine financial difficulties, the church could help you by raising money for you. Like we did a fundraising event for a fellow sister who is a student and had a serious illness.

That's for a simple church like ours.

As for Mega-churches, maybe someone from there could give us some infos on how the money is spent?? like 500K for a Pastor salary?

Are they accountable for?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are they accountable for?

of course, this one dun play play....must manage the money wisely, because it's God's money...

have financial report too!

other money if you play play, you just go to jail, if you play play God's money, you go to hell for eternity.

so cannot anyhow play play..

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course, this one dun play play....must manage the money wisely, because it's God's money...

have financial report too!

other money if you play play, you just go to jail, if you play play God's money, you go to hell for eternity.

so cannot anyhow play play..

Ur church got how many ppl?