• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China PRs rent out Woodlands 3rm for $3.5k

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.aussiepete.com/2008/07/only-way-for-foreigner-living-in.html

Quote :

Hi mate, I didn't actually write too much about the situation when we renewed our lease - our landlords (PRs from China), are doing some illegal things when it comes to their property ownership in SG.

The way they have conducted business is downright greed driven, and I will in no way go back on my comment. You show me anyone else in Woodlands paying around $3500 for month on a 3-room apartment.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quote :

Hi mate, I didn't actually write too much about the situation when we renewed our lease - our landlords (PRs from China), are doing some illegal things when it comes to their property ownership in SG.

The way they have conducted business is downright greed driven, and I will in no way go back on my comment. You show me anyone else in Woodlands paying around $3500 for month on a 3-room apartment.

Wow, that's crazy !!! he think he's in Tokyo or New York!! Last my Countryside Terrace house can't even fetch $2500.00 with 2600sq ft built and can park 3 cars in the porch!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Quote :

So who is the cock one willing to pay for it?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
They got exploited cos they were too busy to look for a new place, but yeah they deserved it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They allow the PRC to take advantage of them. So much for being first world. LOL!!!! I wonder what the PRC will tell to their comrades. The other PRC might take such chances as well in future.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw Tony's comments and feel I had to register to post a comment... I think you're being a little unfair without understanding the circumstances. My wife and I were travelling and having our baby, which is why we had no opportunity to move at the time. We negotiated from the higher rent they were asking, but they knew our predicament. Believe me, they will get their just desserts once we move out at the end of the lease (we have information that the govt will be happy to know)... it's not so easy to relocate to another apartment when you're between countires, a baby due any day and no friends to help us carry stuff... please understand before you bag us.

As for the 1st-world comment, my wife is from Shanghai, we were married in China (where I lived for many years) and our baby was born in Singapore - I think that the statement's somewhat irrelevant to the topic. Country of origin has nothing to do with it.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussiepete. The fact is that you allow urself to be screwed. Now that you have the time, why dun you consider screwing your landlord back. Go and get a new rental unit and then move out one day. U can easily hire a rental firm to help u move.

When landlord comes back, say that you are moving out because of their illegal dealings and u are making the police report.

all the best to you and ur wife. cheers!