• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhists can't tolerate any longer already?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Buddhist had enough of the nonsense from certain stupid religious organisation...

To: ALL (1 of 8) 16235.1

Errr.... Sorry guys, it is for the members only. Just attach for your interest sake . . . .. . . .

Dear members,

Over the years, we have been informed of incidents where family members who have converted to another religion, were encouraged by their new faith leaders to damage/destroy Buddhist and Taiost artifacts (e.g. statues, prints, ornaments) and even make degrading statements at funeral services.

Such acts have caused disharmony in families and much distress to other family members (who are still Buddhists or Taoists) and the community.

In the interest of social and religious harmony, should you come across such offending acts in the future, please write to us and provide the name of the religious organisation, priest/pastor and the individual who conducted the act, so that we can inform the relevant authorities.

Similarly, please alert us of unwarranted proselytisation - whether it occurs at your doorstep, workplace, in schools, hospitals or on the street -- kindly include details (and a photo if you have a handphone camera) of the occurrence.

Buddhist Fellowship
Tel: 6278 0900
Email: [email protected]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the Buddhist had enough of the nonsense from certain stupid religious organisation...

Can we report the buddhists..doing the same thing?..This is an individual thing..nothing to do with racial harmony, religious tolerance..of course some common sense prevails.

If the parents or other still practice their faith..let it be...

I think the buddhist fellowship, is going way over board in this....and will lead to confrontation between them...and others!:eek:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
i not sure about you people, but if someone says "YOU ARE GOING TO HELL" at

a funeral wake service, thats no good

you are going to hell while studying for your exam, thats no good also

when your son being born, the whole family going to hell,, thats no good,

BUT you may feel good when you sack the xtian employee and he say "YOU GO TO HELL"

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i not sure about you people, but if someone says "YOU ARE GOING TO HELL" at

a funeral wake service, thats no good

you are going to hell while studying for your exam, thats no good also

when your son being born, the whole family going to hell,, thats no good,

BUT you may feel good when you sack the xtian employee and he say "YOU GO TO HELL"

Everbody goes to HELLL, if one is no good..what is the fuss about.

Understand what you are saying...there are people who are completely tactless...they say the right thing at the wrong time, & place!.

That is different...from when I get mad at you, I yell "go to hell"! :biggrin: well all of us, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians...whatever religion will go there, if we have done evil deeds in our lifetime...

So, when I say to you " go to hell"...will this be a X'tian thing or what?, or just a figure of speech...you going to hell?:p

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is important to note that most Buddhist are not confrontational, and tolerate other religions well.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion should progress with time, I suggest Buddhist and Taiost to stop burning "Hell Notes". Just burn one piece of Paper Credit card can already to save the hassle and mess.

images

images

to just this
images

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<Everbody goes to HELLL, if one is no good..what is the fuss about.>>

Nobody is afraid of going to HELL but nowadays most people do not wish to go to HELL because they know they will meet Con You and old gecko there.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion should progress with time, I suggest Buddhist and Taiost to stop burning "Hell Notes". Just burn one piece of Paper Credit card can already to save the hassle and mess.

Good point, can't stand the smoke, and its bad for the environment. Some neighbors at my old place really serious about burning offerings, can bring down sacks full of folded paper money and burn for hours.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

images

images

to just this
images

i also suggest that muslims no need pray 5 times a day.. too noisy for neighbourhood buildings.. somemore 1st prayer is at 5am or so..

why dun muslim just pray 1 time a day say at 8pm; progress with the times like u said.:cool:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is a personal thing. Even if you and your parents, siblings or even spouse have different religious views, you're still a family no matter what. You think you can go to heaven when you're not filial son? Seriously, I doubt so. Unless the GOD that you're praying to is another cock fellow.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we report the buddhists..doing the same thing?..This is an individual thing..nothing to do with racial harmony, religious tolerance..of course some common sense prevails.

I think the buddhist fellowship, is going way over board in this....and will lead to confrontation between them...and others!:eek:

Hi Hal,

Funny how one religion encroaches into another and then one party sooner or later retaliates.

But what makes it more silly is that the aggrieved party is retaliating in a way that will bring itself afoul of the laws.

You are right common sense rather than cow sense should prevail.

Cheers,

MM

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everbody goes to HELLL, if one is no good..what is the fuss about.

Understand what you are saying...there are people who are completely tactless...they say the right thing at the wrong time, & place!.

That is different...from when I get mad at you, I yell "go to hell"! :biggrin: well all of us, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians...whatever religion will go there, if we have done evil deeds in our lifetime...

So, when I say to you " go to hell"...will this be a X'tian thing or what?, or just a figure of speech...you going to hell?:p

Hi Hal.

Pardon my ignorance, but in Taoism doesn't everyone go to hell then waits in agony to be reincarnated? That's the bottom line of Taoism, is it not?

In Buddhism, it's the same except if you are good you achieve nirvana if you are not the cycle of suffering continues? The concept of "hell" may not exist but the very fact that one suffers in life may be construed as hell. Of course I put this in it most simplistic form.

So I guess the appropriate cuss for Buddhists would be may you be reborn and for Taoists may you never reincarnate.

I also blame those Christian evangelists that knock on doors and take things a little too extreme if you tell them you are not interested or are of a different denomination or simply not Protestant.

I have personally seen newly converted Christians refusing to pay due respects to their dead parents who are not Christians.

Funny how non-extreme Christians in England, the US and most parts of the world do not react that way at funerals of non-Christians.

I think it's like these people think that since they are now Christian they are some kind of better, more enlightened and perhaps so deluded to think that only they would be going to heaven. Some hang on to that belief despite being rotten to the core in everyday life

With the lack of mutual respect and brazen stupidity most weakminded Sgeans are known for, I guess this is not surprising.

I guess if these Christians were so daring, I'd like to see them go to a Muslim funeral and say what they say and see if they come back with their heads on their shoulders. I guess some Christians know that Buddhists are easy prey.

Their inability to accept people for whom they are and the superiority complex they think they possess just because they think they are going to be saved despite being rotten is simply arrogant and mind boggling.

If you are wondering, I am Christian too by the way and when my best friend's mum passed away, I did pay my respects to her and offered three joss sticks in the urn before her coffin.

Simply because, she was a good lady and she treated me like her son. I think "Honour thy father and mother comes to mind". If I am going to hell for that, so be it but I guess I will be seeing Prince, Sun Ho's Kong Hee Fatt Choy, and a host of others there too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UbqZ_oN5do&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UbqZ_oN5do&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTzXJMU1sLc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTzXJMU1sLc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cheers,

MM

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

images

images

to just this
images

then those paper shops have to close down lah

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me, hedonistic hell is the fun place to be.

Who wants to be in heaven, a fucking drab place... except maybe TeeKee ?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

This other religion started it first. The Buddhist and Taoists tolerated it for DECADES.

So why can;t this other religion take turn and tolerate fair rules for decades back? Buddhists and Taoists are not even asking to play cheat to get members who are teachers to "invite" students to temple parties to convert, and askin converts to break this religion's items and burn the books.

How? Can do to others but cannot let others do to you? So "forgiving" and "grace"ful.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also suggest that muslims no need pray 5 times a day.. too noisy for neighbourhood buildings.. somemore 1st prayer is at 5am or so..

why dun muslim just pray 1 time a day say at 8pm; progress with the times like u said.:cool:

U allah is it? What has 5 prayers go to do with noise in spore? Dont u know most of the speakers are facing not outside but inside the mosque? :rolleyes: 1st prayer at 5am meh? May as well say 2am..:rolleyes:

Progress with time mean stop being superstitious. No need to elaborate so much. Open your big eyes e.g. like 7mth, and you will know what I mean. :rolleyes: