• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come the Posts icons look the same?

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder why the icons for New Posts
thread_new.gif
and the one for More than 15 replies or 150 views
thread_hot_new.gif
are the same? Same for No new posts and More than 15 replies or 150 views.

Why like that?

<!-- icon key and forum jump --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width="100%"><!-- icon key --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR align=left><TD>
thread_new.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>New posts</TD></TR><TR><TD>
thread.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>No new posts</TD></TR><TR><TD>
thread_hot_new.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>More than 15 replies or 150 views</TD></TR><TR><TD>
thread_hot.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>More than 15 replies or 150 views</TD></TR><TR><TD>
thread_lock.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>Thread is closed</TD></TR><TR><TD>
thread_dot.gif
</TD><TD class=smallfont>You have posted in this thread</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / icon key --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wonder why the icons for New Posts
thread_new.gif
and the one for More than 15 replies or 150 views
thread_hot_new.gif
are the same? Same for No new posts and More than 15 replies or 150 views.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td width="100%"><!-- / icon key -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have disabled the "hot thread" feature. It is meaningless in busy forums.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It all depends upon which skin you are using. If you check the "coffee shop blue" skin. you'll see the difference.

I decided there was no point loading a different icon in the smooth red default skin as almost all threads will end up with more than 15 posts and 150 views. That's the default definition by vbulletin of what a "hot" thread is. :p

LOL...busy forum.

What I am asking is why the icons look alike. Isn't this confusing? Or you don't understand my question, boss?

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends upon which skin you are using. If you check the "coffee shop blue" skin. you'll see the difference.

I decided there was no point loading a different icon in the smooth red default skin as almost all threads will end up with more than 15 posts and 150 views. That's the default definition by vbulletin of what a "hot" thread is. :p

More than 150 views maybe but more than 15 posts? Not sure about that. Do you have statistics thus far? :biggrin:

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........as almost all threads will end up with more than 15 posts and 150 views. That's the default definition by vbulletin of what a "hot" thread is. :p

Allow me to do some basic rough calculation based on the info below:

Friendly Coffee Shop Talk. (100 Viewing)
Cup_of_Coffee.GIF
We talk NICELY to each other here please. :smile: No nasty and abusive posts. Political party supporters/detractors KEEP OUT!

Threads: 1,808, Posts: 18,410

18,410/1,808 = 10 posts per thread.

Meaning, not yet 15 posts for most of the threads. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jia Yu!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Allow me to do some basic rough calculation based on the info below

18,410/1,808 = 10 posts per thread.

Meaning, not yet 15 posts for most of the threads. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jia Yu!

Why don't you switch to the other skin and take a look for yourself. The different coloured envelopes mean nothing at all. :rolleyes: