• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PPCDL - Private Pleasure Craft Driving Licence

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anybody taken the Private Pleasure Driving Licence issued by the MPA ?

I thought of taking up this course and heard the boat theory test hard to pass. Those who has taken this course or have passed care to share your experience ?

Where is the best place to learn ? Anybody wants to learn ? Maybe we can form 4-6 persons and get a better discount.

Appreciate any input on the abovementioned. Thanks a lot ! :smile:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed mine only on one sitting; had a friend who took it 7 times and still dunno why he failed. The trick is to read the question properly and answer logically. The Rules of the Road are actually simpler than highway code.

Can;t advise you on practical part as we are exempted from it by MPA.

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed mine only on one sitting; had a friend who took it 7 times and still dunno why he failed. The trick is to read the question properly and answer logically. The Rules of the Road are actually simpler than highway code.

Can;t advise you on practical part as we are exempted from it by MPA.

Thank you very much and do you know how could i get the theory notes before i take up the course ?

Any other input by anyone will be good. Thanks again

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The book you should be able to buy from MPA or from Motion Smith (Dunno where they shifted to now). Last time we bought it at Cantonment Road at the Seamen Mission building almost 20 years back.

This book contains everything. all the rules, signs and navigational lights rules which will be tested.

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The book you should be able to buy from MPA or from Motion Smith (Dunno where they shifted to now). Last time we bought it at Cantonment Road at the Seamen Mission building almost 20 years back.

This book contains everything. all the rules, signs and navigational lights rules which will be tested.

Thanks again and i will look out for it.