• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which striker will u like to see at Man U

pigcanclimbtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from Soccernet:
The Bulgarian has made it clear that he would like a move to Old Trafford, but Tottenham are determined that their £30m price-tag will be met.

With Huntelaar, Benzema, Thierry Henry speculated to be linked with Man U. So far none has materialise. If you have less than £30m to spend, which strikers will u like to see at Old Trafford?:rolleyes:

NasiAyam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to see Torres come to Old Trafford.

But I think this season, they will end up with no signings.

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Huntelaar and Benzema are exceptional goal scoring talents, but it remains to be seen if their clubs are willing to let them go. But Berbatov is a different type of player as opposed to Huntelaar and Benzema. The above 2 players are more ur typical goal grabbers, whereas Berbatov can play both as a lone striker, or behind the front man. He has a wider range of talents, but if u were just to look for some1 to grab u the goals, like a Van Nistelroy used to do for Man United, Huntelaar and Benzema would be better choices. Henry is getting old, he can still do the job, but for how long?

jw5

Loyal
Quote from Soccernet:
The Bulgarian has made it clear that he would like a move to Old Trafford, but Tottenham are determined that their £30m price-tag will be met.

With Huntelaar, Benzema, Thierry Henry speculated to be linked with Man U. So far none has materialise. If you have less than £30m to spend, which strikers will u like to see at Old Trafford?:rolleyes:
I like Huntelaar.
I believe that he has a good attitude and will be hungry for success. He is also a big guy and will complement the ground skills of Rooney and Tevez.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Michael Owen. I bet he will score truckload of goals for a side who dominate most matches.
Owen isn't suited for Arsenal passing game, Chelsea prefer a battering ram striker, Liverpool seem to like a big target man.

think Owen is a good buy for Man United and be the "fox in the box" just like the likes of Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Yorke.

But as a ABU, I hope Man Utd sign the below

153597970-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-queens-park-rangers-v.jpg
LiverpoolDirkKuyt_562661.jpg

The legandary Ade Akinbiyi would be my first choice, a close second would be the Dutch Master Dirk Kuyt. :biggrin:

Last edited:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Michael Owen. I bet he will score truckload of goals for a side who dominate most matches.
But as a ABU, I hope Man Utd sign the below
The legandary Ade Akinbiyi would be my first choice, a close second would be the Dutch Master Dirk Kuyt. :biggrin:

Wow bro, you must dislike Man U! :rolleyes: Owen, Akinbiyi and Kyut! I can recall Akinbiyi's over the top celebrations when he took off his shirt and ran around the pitch when he scored his only ever Premeirship goal for Everton! He is now playing in League One i think!!

Actually i am waiting to see our Manucho! Man U's secret weapon from Angola. He got good reports when on loan in Greece and when he toured Japan with Panathinaikos all during last season. He's got his work permit now and just at the last stages of recovering from a foot injury. Good luck!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro, you must dislike Man U! :rolleyes: Owen, Akinbiyi and Kyut! I can recall Akinbiyi's over the top celebrations when he took off his shirt and ran around the pitch when he scored his only ever Premeirship goal for Everton! He is now playing in League One i think!!

Actually i am waiting to see our Manucho! Man U's secret weapon from Angola. He got good reports when on loan in Greece and when he toured Japan with Panathinaikos all during last season. He's got his work permit now and just at the last stages of recovering from a foot injury. Good luck!

Anyway, no matter who MU signs this season, can be safe to say, they can't win EPL. Why? It's a cycle. When you reach the pinnacle top, you come down. Other teams have more hunger to bring the top down as the top has no one to look at except to look behind at the chasing pack.

Save the money for next season, to buy someone more spectacular. Berbatov is ahemm, so-so only. Most important, the one Fergie signs must be able to carry his balls. If not, the hair dryer treatment or even shove you off the door like what he did to Stam and RVN.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, no matter who MU signs this season, can be safe to say, they can't win EPL. Why? It's a cycle. When you reach the pinnacle top, you come down. Other teams have more hunger to bring the top down as the top has no one to look at except to look behind at the chasing pack.

With all respect bro silverfox. Man U has won the premiership 10 times out of 15 on offer. Six of those were back to back wins and they did it three times in a row once in years 99/00/01. Not to say they will sure win anything again, but those are the facts.

Cheers & peace. :cool: :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all respect bro silverfox. Man U has won the premiership 10 times out of 15 on offer. Six of those were back to back wins and they did it three times in a row once in years 99/00/01. Not to say they will sure win anything again, but those are the facts.

Cheers & peace. :cool: :smile:

I am no club supporter of any. :p
MU's achievement of that 3 back to back win is something like Arsenal's unbeaten season achievement years ago.

Something that you will not see it often. I always feel, to get a back to back is like more for the team to lose than to win. Furthermore, its to get a back to back to back win. I would rate teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal to have a better chance not because they are better but because its harder for MU to defend it.

cheers. :p

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Berbatov is the player that Man U and Fergie wants and he got it at a price of $30.2 millions plus Campbell going to Tottenham on a one year loan.

he should be the right player,after his performance last season.

Bodhisattva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Torres will be a good signing, he is quick, and on the right side of the 20s. Berbatov will carry with him more experience and his silky skills are nice to have around and watch. Too bad Man U can't sign both.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Berbatov is the player that Man U and Fergie wants and he got it at a price of $30.2 millions plus Campbell going to Tottenham on a one year loan.

he should be the right player,after his performance last season.

Berbatov is not worth 30.2mill and MU got pawned deep. He is a striker and not defender, at his age is not worth it at all. If he is 24, 25, maybe. But at 27, coming 28....

Berbatov in his 1st season is good, because he was not noted much by opposition. Last year, he was marked deep by defenders. The defenders knew his style already.
Fergie goes for the shortcut because Berbatov does not need to aclimatise himself to EPL. 2 years later, Berbatov at most worth 10 mill. 10 mill 1 year haven't plus wages. Bad investment I feel.