• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF - Citizens Protection Fund

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF equals Citizens Protection Fund. Do you agree?

What happen to our money in the CPF? Anyone knows?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah Bro WooHoo ans ur question. :biggrin:

Govt will make use of the moni mainly for investment... But looking at all the recent losses... I really dun noe whether they make or break...

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well each time they breal a new rule will come out to counter measure the losses and balance up the scale again. Maybe by the time I can see my CPF money I'm already 90 or 95 yrs old??^^

Mean Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well each time they breal a new rule will come out to counter measure the losses and balance up the scale again. Maybe by the time I can see my CPF money I'm already 90 or 95 yrs old??^^

Confiscated Permanent Fund :eek::confused:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
better keep aside monthly the same amount u contribute to cpf (or more under the pillow :p), more better :biggrin: can cheong twice later too :smile:

From 1 July 2008, the CPF Minimum Sum will be increased from $99,600 to $106,000. The Minimum Sum will be raised gradually until it reaches $120,000 in 2013, and will be adjusted yearly for inflation <---- die la like this...wanna die also need coffin $$.... how now ? :p

if u have Above $212,000
then only can withdraw all your savings after setting aside the Minimum Sum of $106,000(as at July 2008) and the prevailing Required Amount ($14,000 for 2008) in the Medisave Account. <----- siao la like this!!! stay healthy, get ready to slog like cow ya bros from now on...:p

for more info go http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think better not pin too much hope on the cpf and starting looking for alternative retirement solution.:p

redname

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think better not pin too much hope on the cpf and starting looking for alternative retirement solution.:p

yap, using investment and savings instruments to save up. the interest rates will increase the amount.

with the government pushing the withdrawal age later and later, its more feasible to have an alternative fund which you can use earlier

wegocity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think.... the "C" denote Chenghu... It's Chenghu Protection Fund....:biggrin::p

1st class Chenghu needs to protect us from spending beyond our capacity. Some oldies do spend beyond by giving money w/o any reason for foreign chabor

Last edited:

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another interesting thread way back in July 2008 ... years and long before the Roy Nerng saga.... wow...:eek:

No one seemed to be bothered then....

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CPF equals Citizens Protection Fund. Do you agree?

What happen to our money in the CPF? Anyone knows?

Your money in the CPF is invested wisely to give you a guaranteed annual return of at least 3%, after all the additional 1% here and there for your various CPF accounts.

If sinkies were allowed to manage the bulk of their savings, most of them would have squandered it on prostitutes, mistresses or lost it in harebrained land-banking and gold investment schemes. Some morons even invested their savings in gamblers led by some fat Malaysian "Datuk". Needless to say, the fat bastard ran off with their cash.

Your money is better off in the CPF.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another interesting thread way back in July 2008 ... years and long before the Roy Nerng saga.... wow...:eek:

No one seemed to be bothered then....

It was previously not an issue because people assumed they could take it out when you reached 55.
Now that the PAP has conformed that they are going to lock up the CPF, people are getting worried & angry.

I think there is a good reason to be worried & people better vote in more opposition in to force the PAP to open the books.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB borrow $$$ from CPF and load them to home buyers....
home buyers borrow their own $$$ and pay interest to HDB...
so what kind of fund would you call it ???... CHEAT PEOPLE FUND... :mad: :mad: