• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Warning over Government database that records EVERY phone call and e-ma

BIG BROTHER should have this database to monitor ur EVERY Move.

• YES! Why not? It is for our own good.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO! Why? Nobody should invade our privacy. We die our own business.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • MAYBE. NOT SURE. DON'T KNOW. DON'T CARE. WHAT ME WORRY?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES! if I am the BIG BROTHER. NO! if I am not.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Comments: While the main reason for the government having such a database for the fight against terrorism, it has to be weighed against the real threat of a Big Brother watching over every move you make and is this not a prelude to legalised gangsterism whereby citizens can easily be held ransom by the government? Should such a thing be allowed in a country professing itself to be Democratic?

Extract: View Full Article @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abase-records-EVERY-phone-e-mail-Britain.html

A 'Big Brother' database recording every single phone call and e-mail made in Britain would threaten the British way of life, the information watchdog has warned.

Information Commissioner Richard Thomas said such a Government-run database would have serious data protection implications.

He said: 'I am absolutely clear that the targeted, and duly authorised, interception of the communications of suspects can be invaluable in the fight against terrorism and other serious crime.
'But there needs to be the fullest public debate about the justification for, and implications of, a specially created database - potentially accessible to a wide range of law enforcement authorities - holding details of everyone's telephone and internet communications.
'Do we really want the police, security services and other organs of the state to have access to more and more aspects of our private lives?':(