• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teenage Lover Killed Husband

jw5

Loyal
Can someone remind me the names of the woman who asked her teenage lover to help her kill her husband or the links to any articles?
Recently, the AG asked for a life sentence but the judge denied it.
I can't understand the ruling, it appears that Anthony Ler asked someone to kill his wife and he got the death penalty. Perhaps I don't know all the facts and details of the cases, but they seem similar to me. Why was the woman given a comparatively light sentence? (think it was less than 10 years jail)
Can anyone provide more information, advice or comments?

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the one you are asking about???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SINGAPORE: The wife of a 29-year-old man killed over the weekend and her alleged teenage lover have been charged with murder.
ADVERTISEMENT

24-year-old Aniza Essa and 16-year-old Muhammad Nasir Abdul Aziz arrived in court to face charges of murder with common intention.

Their alleged victim is Manap Sarlip, Aniza's husband, who was found stabbed to death at the doorstep of their Whampoa Drive flat.

If found guilty, the pair could be hanged.

Shortly after his arrest on Monday, Muhammad Nasir had led officers to a canal along Whampoa Drive where they retrieved a knife that was believed to be the murder weapon.

Neighbours said the couple usually kept to themselves.

The pair is to be remanded for a week for investigations and the case will be heard again on 10 July, 9am.

There has also been a new development in another murder case that happened over the weekend.

A 38-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the death of Smael Meeral.

The victim was found dead with multiple injuries at the bottom of a block in Stirling Road.

The man, believed to be the victim's husband, surrendered himself to the police at the Police Cantonment Complex on Tuesday morning.

The suspect will be charged with murder on Wednesday.

- CNA/so

jw5

Loyal
Yes, this is the one.
Seems similar to Anthony Ler's case. Why is the sentencing so different? What were the key differences in the 2 cases?