• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bros here loves fishing ? Please come and share some of your experience or fishing tips etc.... Cheers:wink:

I am into fishing since 1967 till today, started from Jardine Step(Keppel Bay) cost $20.00 share by 5 friends, cost per person $4.00/head, time from 8am to 5pm, Jardine step to Salu Island, day fishing..not bad catch.

The we upgrade to Sedili Kechil fishing, those days it cost RM220.00 for 5 person, catch was fantastic, today Sedili Kechil, is over fishing, we stop going there. Then we tried Pengarang Fishing, we rent Chinese Boatman, price range RM450.00, timing Saturday morning reached Pengarang 11am boatman delayed till 4pm, we fished till next morning around 5-6am boatman want to go back already they say oh if low tide we can't get in..so lan lan go back...than the boatman keep on increasing the boat fee. We stop going there..

Than tried Mersing and Penyabong fishing was good, rental of Kelong 3 day 2 nite stay was RM170.00 per person, catch was good.. we continue till kelong collapsed during the monsoon season..the end of Penyabong..

Then we tried Tanjong Pinang, initially was good, good catch, nice boat and comfortable...as price of diesel shoot up so does the boat fee...plus lots of tipping, porters, customs, boat captain, boat crew, fish gutter...it become very expensive!!! Lately my fishing kaki reels got stolen at TP Accurate Boss 870 and Tica...probably many more kakis reel got stolen too but not mentioned.

I am considering retiring all my reels and fishing rod...nowadays it wiser to fish in the fishery port..aim...Batang...grouper.. spend less $100.00 get lots of fishes, every one in the family is happy..

cheers

:rolleyes::biggrin::cool:

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right uncle for $100 you can buy fish to feed your family for 1 week man !

A true blue fishing kaki will never have this kind of thinking lor, we fish for the kick not about how much money can buy how many fish lor..:biggrin:

My friend and i like to frequent kelongs at Sibu island and fishing at ponds in singapore. We just enjoy fishing and sometimes give the fish away when we get too many:biggrin:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
A true blue fishing kaki will never have this kind of thinking lor, we fish for the kick not about how much money can buy how many fish lor..:biggrin:

Totally agree with you Bika :smile: As for the ( $100 buy fish ) must support uncle also right? Somemore he mention he's retiring from fishing. So are you thinking of venturing further like deep sea fishing ? :wink:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
fishing is not about puting fish on the dinning table.

the fight... the scream from the reels.... the bend of the rod, the satisfaction of pulling a big fish out of the water, with a light tackle set.... is orgasmic!

Unfortunately, other than fishing ponds in Singapore, there are hardly any place to catch any decent size fishes. Even going out to the local waters, may not give good results. Horseburg light house has good fishes, but it is so far away, you probably need a 2 or 3 days trip.....

fishing pond may give good size fishes, but being in a pond, the fish has limited space to fight with you, plus some time these ponds are so crowded you want to fight slowly also pai seh....scared line tangle with other people's line.

Jetty fishing is more for fun then anything else. Most of the time, there is nothing to catch except tambuans..... good for deep frying and eat nasi lemak...

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
fishing is not about puting fish on the dinning table.

the fight... the scream from the reels.... the bend of the rod, the satisfaction of pulling a big fish out of the water, with a light tackle set.... is orgasmic!

Unfortunately, other than fishing ponds in Singapore, there are hardly any place to catch any decent size fishes. Even going out to the local waters, may not give good results. Horseburg light house has good fishes, but it is so far away, you probably need a 2 or 3 days trip.....

fishing pond may give good size fishes, but being in a pond, the fish has limited space to fight with you, plus some time these ponds are so crowded you want to fight slowly also pai seh....scared line tangle with other people's line.

Jetty fishing is more for fun then anything else. Most of the time, there is nothing to catch except tambuans..... good for deep frying and eat nasi lemak...

Totally agree with you bro, once i went out sea, southern islands with friend for whole day and got a big fat ZERO ah!!! only thing we got was burnt skin and bruised butts lor!!! (small boat so sit on ice box all the way!!)

that's why we prefer do pond fishing and sometimes kelong lor. :biggrin:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try this fish !
Those who have been to thailand and fish this giant mekong catfish, you will simply love it. The Mekong catfish is one of the hardest fighting fish in freshwater the more you pull the more they pull back.

Attachments

• DSC00133.jpg
    DSC00133.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 443

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try this fish !
Those who have been to thailand and fish this giant mekong catfish, you will simply love it. The Mekong catfish is one of the hardest fighting fish in freshwater the more you pull the more they pull back.

Agree with you bro , this fish fights hard ! but maybe because of their size also cos mostly caught them 5kg up. If you fish in a fishing park in Bangkapi ( outskirt of Bangkok ) you hardly even see 1 below 10kg !:smile:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
mekong cat fish is damn hard to fight...

Once i got a hook on it at a fishing pond in Thailand.... the fish run away, further than the bloody MRT train... i am serious i am not lying... i wasn't prepared for the trip, thinking that it would be like fishing in ponds in singapore, except te fishes are bigger...
So i didn't have enough line... i had to cut the reel before the fish take the whol reel.... didn't bring the fish up...

xtrocious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best fishing I had was at a pier in New Zealand - water so clear and we were hauling up fishes on every throw - but had to release everything back cos we were on holiday and there was no place to cook the fishes

Also went on a kelong trip to Sibu before - quite fun, especially fishing for sotongs :smile:

Don't have that much time to fish these days - fewer and fewer fishing ponds in Singapore also :(

Used to go to a place in Lim Chu Kang - they had a pond filled with Toman - really fierce fighter and we had to use wire leads to attach our hooks else the damn fish would bite through the nylon line...hahah

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mekong catfish fight as if it on steroids.

Once strike, they will peel your line out.

You can hear the screaming of your reels running out like mad.

The harder you pull , the harder they will pull back.

Attachments

• Mekong fish.jpg
    Mekong fish.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 458

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me prefer offshore/boat fishing. Off course more expensive but more adventure/fun and sometime hit jackpot means big fish.
Anyone plan boat fishing in coming month???

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me prefer offshore/boat fishing. Off course more expensive but more adventure/fun and sometime hit jackpot means big fish.
Anyone plan boat fishing in coming month???

Me like fishing in general also and prefer to go deep sea fishing. But it is bound to be affected now becos of the rising fuel costs which has doubled compared to last time. Fishing off Pahang and Johor for eg. was fun and my favourite catch was a fish called the 'ebek' or the african pompano. A great fight on 20lb and below tackle.

The ebek.
pompano.jpg

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me like fishing in general also and prefer to go deep sea fishing. But it is bound to be affected now becos of the rising fuel costs which has doubled compared to last time. Fishing off Pahang and Johor for eg. was fun and my favourite catch was a fish called the 'ebek' or the african pompano. A great fight on 20lb and below tackle.

The ebek.
pompano.jpg

Yes ! The " EBEK " no argue , it is one of the fiercest bottom fish will fight all the way till close to surface ! Good for makan too :p

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now the sail fish is coming down to South China Sea. You all might want to try in Mersing Malaysia.
EBEK is a fighting spirit fish, even 3 kg will take you few min to land.