• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Religion question ???

Stella Richards

Hi,

Is there a religion/belief something for people who believe in god but not organized religion....basically doubt the bible (parts of it that is) who also believe in big bang theory and in evolution and the whole monkey human thing..where do these ppl fit in?

I myself am like this i dont really believe god created earth in 7 days I believe there is a god but science is a part of it too.. so when ppl ask me my religion im not sure what to say?> i normally say i believe in god just dont follow religion.. hmm. this has always confused me!!! any insights.

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is normal for people who believe in God but not religiously inclined. I also have a friend who said he believes in God, believes in the teaching of Jesus but.., ironically, does not believe in Church, which is what you label as "organized religion".

In fact, he views church with suspicion (esp the Catholic Church) and feels that the means of Church is to control the populace, in this sense, their followers. Of course he doesn't mean all the Church are like this, perhaps with some bad experience in his own.

I think with modern education we as a generation are more critically minded and don't take things wholesale; the notion that "God said so, don't question" doesn't really appeal to us. Trying to integrate modern science with religious belief has always been an ardent task, because our current level of science is not been able to answer the unknown.. and the most important aspect of it I believe is the proof of human soul, heaven and hell, or whether reincarnation exists.

So until we enter into that new age where science can explain the yet unknown, you are not alone who is wandering between science and religion.
In the meantime, you can do some research to see if any new theories that explain who we humans really are exist.. perhaps you can start by reading the works of Zecharia Sitchin. :wink:

BlackKarnage

I believe that if you belive in higher power but not a specific religion puts you on par with a free-thinker. But since you are primarily from a Christian background, and still believe some parts of it makes you a moderate christian.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
the real christ is depicted differently by his later followers who decided to use/play politics to empower their religion after a series of purges.

darryl_sw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Is there a religion/belief something for people who believe in god but not organized religion....basically doubt the bible (parts of it that is) who also believe in big bang theory and in evolution and the whole monkey human thing..where do these ppl fit in?

I myself am like this i dont really believe god created earth in 7 days I believe there is a god but science is a part of it too.. so when ppl ask me my religion im not sure what to say?> i normally say i believe in god just dont follow religion.. hmm. this has always confused me!!! any insights.
Why is it not possible to associate both God and science together? If you believe that there is a God, obviously science has a part in proving that there is a God. Then if you believe only in science, then let me ask you - what caused the BIG BANG? And if you managed to find the cause, what caused that cause to happen to cause the BIG BANG?

If you keep thinking this way, then you'll realise that there has to be a creator, one that is beyond scientific knowledge -> Try finding the ends of the universe. Everytime you create a new and more powerful telescope, God will laugh at you and say "Not good enough, make a more powerful one".

BlackKarnage

A common theist argument is the Big Bang.

When all else it utterly exhausted, you pick on the things science cannot explain. Why we believe in science and not god: Because we are able to accept scientists who tell us, "We cannot explain it but give us time. We are looking into it." We accept their answer humbly awaiting for the results while not letting it affect our lives.

It makes better sense then to listen to old fashioned superstitions passed on from generations to generations which have been proven wrong. If anything, theists are the stubborn ones in denial. To actually think that there is a force that goes beyond time and space, and all logic.

God, the Santa Clause for adults.