• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHC: Crucification = The Final Solution!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Inappropriate to name play The Final Solution
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS appalled to read last Saturday ('Churches big and small mark Christ's crucifixion') that City Harvest Church had named its Easter drama The Final Solution.
The Final Solution was Nazi Germany's name for its systematic genocide of the Jewish community before and during World War II, which we now more commonly refer to as the Holocaust. For a church to have given its Easter play the same name as this dark page in history smacks of gross insensitivity.
Easter is a particularly sensitive time for Jewish-Christian relations as Christian anti-Semitism was based on the misinformed assumption that Jews were complicit in the death of Jesus Christ. This misunderstanding has been a longstanding historical cause of religious hatred.
Calling an Easter play The Final Solution is thus a gravely contentious act on several levels. In its cold-blooded systematic slaughter of millions, the Holocaust was a crime not just against the Jewish community but against all people of all times.
Consideration for other faiths and ethnicities has always been the foundation of Singapore's existence. Religious and racial communities of all sizes have contributed to our history, and Singapore's Jewish community is no exception. City Harvest Church's naming of its play thus strikes at the very heart of Singapore identity.
It appears that Singapore's much-vaunted inter-religious dialogue has not lived up to its reputation, and in these delicate times, such a deficiency must be rectified immediately, by both the Government and religious groups. Rayner Teo

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Inappropriate to name play The Final Solution
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS appalled to read last Saturday ('Churches big and small mark Christ's crucifixion') that City Harvest Church had named its Easter drama The Final Solution.
The Final Solution was Nazi Germany's name for its systematic genocide of the Jewish community before and during World War II, which we now more commonly refer to as the Holocaust. For a church to have given its Easter play the same name as this dark page in history smacks of gross insensitivity.
Easter is a particularly sensitive time for Jewish-Christian relations as Christian anti-Semitism was based on the misinformed assumption that Jews were complicit in the death of Jesus Christ. This misunderstanding has been a longstanding historical cause of religious hatred.
Calling an Easter play The Final Solution is thus a gravely contentious act on several levels. In its cold-blooded systematic slaughter of millions, the Holocaust was a crime not just against the Jewish community but against all people of all times.
Consideration for other faiths and ethnicities has always been the foundation of Singapore's existence. Religious and racial communities of all sizes have contributed to our history, and Singapore's Jewish community is no exception. City Harvest Church's naming of its play thus strikes at the very heart of Singapore identity.
It appears that Singapore's much-vaunted inter-religious dialogue has not lived up to its reputation, and in these delicate times, such a deficiency must be rectified immediately, by both the Government and religious groups. Rayner Teo

Sinister undertones in play. Beware!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal. Why is Rayner Teo so riled up?

These Christians are really sensitive. It's not like CHC named they Easter "The Gas Chamber" or something...?

I want to see Mr Teo's reaction when CHC stage their xmas celebration "The Yellow Star"

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHC is a church? That's new to me. It's a money-making corporation with no respect for god or the bible to me.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peasant Teo is a fool.

The CHC says they worship the true god and the proof is simple, they have the wealth to show for it.

According to such logic, peasant teo must be a devil in disguise to thwart the righteous CHC.

Only in peasantpore.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal. Why is Rayner Teo so riled up?

These Christians are really sensitive. It's not like CHC named they Easter "The Gas Chamber" or something...?

I want to see Mr Teo's reaction when CHC stage their xmas celebration "The Yellow Star"

I doubt Rayner Teo is Christian...or at least he is not a Christian from CHC.