• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should Polygamy be Legalized

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
We had aped and followed the Western Culture blindly. It was the west who introduced 1 man 1 wife. In the past, it is normal for Asian men to have more than 1 wife.

This has led to numerous problems:

1) The quality of the gene pool has decline. Asian men who are more chauvanistic tends to marry women with lower education. That leads to many graduate woman unmarried and failed to passed on their genes.

2) Polulation decline. Countries like Singapore has lower birthrate than replacement. If not for immigration, Singapore population would have dropped.

3) Prostitution - High sexual drives of men vs conservative asian women = sex not enough. Many have turn to prostitution.

We should legalized polygamy.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
no...it is bad for the country and our Asian heritage.

importing foreign talent is not as expensive as funding for people with 2 wives and 10 kids

prostitution can never be wiped out, even if we married 10 wives - it will still linger

imagine the litigation of ex wife vs current 2nd wife vs 1st wife

JWNY

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
its bad for our pockets...with high inflation and cost of living...how on earth can one pay for 2 wives...countless little brats running around demanding the latest toys and eating the costliest fastfood.....

I'd rather those horny ones to go GL for their quick fix..it is short term pain...better than being saddled with long term commitments.....

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
We had aped and followed the Western Culture blindly. It was the west who introduced 1 man 1 wife. In the past, it is normal for Asian men to have more than 1 wife.

This has led to numerous problems:

1) The quality of the gene pool has decline. Asian men who are more chauvanistic tends to marry women with lower education. That leads to many graduate woman unmarried and failed to passed on their genes.

2) Polulation decline. Countries like Singapore has lower birthrate than replacement. If not for immigration, Singapore population would have dropped.

3) Prostitution - High sexual drives of men vs conservative asian women = sex not enough. Many have turn to prostitution.

We should legalized polygamy.

It is said that forbidden fruit tastes better. Once it is legalised, the thrill is perhaps gone. Do you agree? :confused::biggrin:

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
polygamy was once upon a time, an act of righteousness. where the rich and able men, take on more wives from lower social standings, to give them a better life, and to fill the courtyard with more descendants. while in the middle-east, it was advocated so that the widows would not be helpless due to society's gender prejudicsm.

polygamy shouldn't be abused, as will result in a bigger societal problem.

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it has already been "Legalised" cos I read somewhere that you need not get married to register the child to your name.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually once upon a time, Polygammy was a practical mean to gain a helping hand. By marrying an additional member, the family has extra hands to help out the chores. The wives sometimes are the one who encouraged the husband to get one more wife as she cannot coupe.

Time changes and now it is not possible to do so because of the high cost of living.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Polygamy is the answer to many social woes.

1) It reduces no. of unmarried women

2) It follow "Law of Nature", survival of the fittest. Whether you are stornger, more intelligent, richer etc, you can reproduce more.

3) Encourages man to be more successful. Then can afford to have more wives.

4) Increases birth rate and better quality ones.

5) With higher birthrates, means more employment, better economy, more schools, etc......

6) Saves Singapore's goverment $$$$$$ from giving baby bonus..

I can name a very long list... :cool:

thomas88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Men are always men....Everyone or most of us wish for more than a wife. I think it's partly due to the fact that there's a few days in every month that his wife is out of service and much longer if she's pregnant. :o

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
its bad for our pockets...with high inflation and cost of living...how on earth can one pay for 2 wives...countless little brats running around demanding the latest toys and eating the costliest fastfood.....

I'd rather those horny ones to go GL for their quick fix..it is short term pain...better than being saddled with long term commitments.....
then the state should pay for our seeds, since the only intention they want for a sustainable population is so that they can have more slaves in future to pay for their salary...

z_z

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about polgamy for women? 1 woman having a couple of husbands, can you accept that Tailok?

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually 1 wife... many wives or co-habit.... you can't escape from women's charter...

Even if youa re not married, but co-habiting, when there is a break up, as long as the woman can substantiate that both of you have been staying together as a de facto, you are liable for alimony and other breakup cost.

Another scenario, if you are married to one, but cohabiting with another... the other woman will still be able to contest for alimony... and worst still, you will be charged with polygamy...

so... beware when you think you can outrun the long arms of the women's charter.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about polgamy for women? 1 woman having a couple of husbands, can you accept that Tailok?

I suppose Ho C should be entitled to all that she wants... as long as there are takers :p

If we talk about polygamy, no one should assume it's gender specific rite?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree, but the thread starter seems to have the male gender in mind.

It's natural... that's why the MCP in me is the only reason why I hesitate to total agreement to polygamy heheh. Can't imagine my wife telling me she wants to do liekewise lah.

So better stick to clandestine relationships :wink: