• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you opt out of HOTA and......

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's a couple of scenarios i've been speculating with my friends. Appreciate any views from medical practitioners, on what the policy is.

I opt OUT of HOTA. I become brain-dead but my heart still beating.

1. If doctors can harvest my organs, they'll declare me dead and cut me up. But if they can't, will they still declare me dead in 1 day? Or don't declare me dead/ don't care?

2. One of my organs spoil, and a family member has a suitable replacement. Will the person be allowed to donate directly? ie: HOTA opt-outs will not get 1st priority on organs if they need one.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If doctors can harvest my organs, they'll declare me dead and cut me up. But if they can't, will they still declare me dead in 1 day? Or don't declare me dead/ don't care?

They say they will go thru a stringent process to determine if u r brain dead..then inform family members before declaring ur suitably dead...

2. One of my organs spoil, and a family member has a suitable replacement. Will the person be allowed to donate directly? ie: HOTA opt-outs will not get 1st priority on organs if they need one.

Almost similar to CK Tang case..however, opt-out HOTAers r not given priority on donated or harvested organs....if ur relative wants to give u..willingly and without cash involvement...as long as they r satisfied with the SD (statutory declarations), u can receive ur gift of life

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting topic.
Can I opt in HOTA but put in exclusion clauses like Ministers. Civil servants Administrative division, generals/admirals, ncmp clowns like calvin and PAP members cannot get my organs?