• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which event is totally dominated by one country?

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diving - China (come tomorrow, when ZhouRinxin wins the 10m platform, China would have won all 8 gold medals available. 8 out of 8.

Table tennis - China (need I say more? It has always been total dominance for China in this event) Gold, silver, bronze medals for men and women events belong to China. That is as total as you can get in any one event!!

Gymnastic (Men) - China. Nearly total dominance, by winning 7 out of 8 medals available.

Did I miss any event?

dethknight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The short sprint (100M & 200M) is dominated by Jamaican.
100M man. 1st & 2nd
100M woman: 1st and 2 2nd. no third
200M woman. 1st
200M man. 1st
Total domination. US who is usually the front runner is totally trash.

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flash: Mitcham's golden 112.10-point final dive stuns China

Updated: 2008-08-23 21:42:04

(BEIJING, August 23) -- China's quest for a sweep of Diving gold ended at seven, with a shocking Men's 10m Platform final round performance by Matthew Mitcham of Australia that beat Chinese diver Zhou Luxin by 4.80 points.

Mitcham's last dive earned a spectacular 112.10 points, while Zhou's 74.80-point final dive dropped him into second place.

Mitcham's victory not only ended China's chance of a sweep, it also prevented China from winning what would have been its 50th gold medal of the Beijing Olympic Games.

Gleb Galperin scored 102.60 on his final dive to move into third place with 525.80 points overall.

manu74

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i think total domination make the sports boring..

Like i think table tennis is losing interest cos China totally dominate even to the extent that all the other countries are importing china players.

Think all the matches are like current china vs ex-china players now...

10 years ago - It used to be at least European countries produce great players like Sweden.. Even asian countries like Japan n Korea used to have female players who can fight against china players.. now - haiz..

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i think total domination make the sports boring..

agreed with you on it.
so other countries will have to really train hard and find someone to break through those domination.

arh,so we are not the only country that relies on FT for medals,look like a lot of them are also doing it,in a sport(s) that they are not well-verse in or do not have the talent.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that one-country sweep gold-silver-bronze medals in any event is unhealthy for sports. In individual events of running, swimming, badminton, table tennis etc., each country should only be allowed a maximum of two individual contestants. In duo or team events, each country should only be allowed one pair of duo or one team.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
so far,none.
almost dominating if you consider China's domination on the diving and Jamaica dominating on the short sprint events.

Carissa

Alfrescian
Loyal
it opens ups a lot of sports management topics.

and i must say their sports diversification only applies to those that they are strong in.
same case for most countries around the world.