• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$500 fine for illegal Cigarettes

Pleasure_empire

Alfrescian
Loyal
First time offenders caught with duty unpaid cigarrete in singapore ll be fine S$500 per packet from today...Pls take note...More police ll be petrol in Geylang area and Yew Tee...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jus 2 share... I was walking in a town ctr recently with a ciggy in my hand and was stoped by 2 custom officier. They spot chk the ciggy box and pick few ciggy and seem to stare hard at the filter... I think changing the box doesn't help coz they are able to identify illegal ciggy by looking at the filter??

If u die die mus smoke cheong 1.... do it at home... :( Also heard if they find illegal ciggy on you, they will get mata to escot u home n search ur hse as well...:mad::(

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
previously it was between $200 and $500 per packet.
after its successful implementation in Geylang and Yee Tee last October,it decided to cover the whole island.
so anyone caught buying or having a packet of upaid-duty cigarettes will be issue a standard $500 composition fine.
i saw this news on TODAY while going to work.

but i believe there will still be people peddling as the profits is quite high and there also be people buying,just need to be extremely careful.

Pleasure_empire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jus 2 share... I was walking in a town ctr recently with a ciggy in my hand and was stoped by 2 custom officier. They spot chk the ciggy box and pick few ciggy and seem to stare hard at the filter... I think changing the box doesn't help coz they are able to identify illegal ciggy by looking at the filter??

If u die die mus smoke cheong 1.... do it at home... :( Also heard if they find illegal ciggy on you, they will get mata to escot u home n search ur hse as well...:mad::(

Yupe they will go to ur house and search as well if u kena

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays the officers also carry a nicotine needle that checks the cigarette whether contraband or not all bros pls beware k^^

Rub&Buah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hide one corner also must make sure its not a none smoking area.If not kanna fine $200 by NEA Plus $500 illegal cig!.:eek:

Luckily i only like local original cig,those cheong one just make u cough!

Last edited:

marlborotan

Alfrescian
Loyal
pandon my ignorant bros, though allow to bring one packet of DFS ciga from JB in sg. Does that 1 packet warrant fine if gana caught?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pandon my ignorant bros, though allow to bring one packet of DFS ciga from JB in sg. Does that 1 packet warrant fine if gana caught?

I pkt ok provided it's open i think... If u r caught outside with DF ciggy, they can demand 2 c ur passport... If ur last travel is few wks ago, u will hav 2 gib a gd explanation...

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
One packet of ciga wont kena hehe :wink:

dun ever try lor... my fren kena, left 2 sticks to b precise!! we cums back from jb, he kena stop n fine $200. kpkb oso useless!!

now i hav learn, even u got one packet juz go to red channel n declare u hav one open pack. most of the time, they wont ask u to pay tax n let u go... most impt they cant fine u since u DECLARE THE CIGS at Red Channel!!!

loafer73

Alfrescian
Loyal
i smokes marlboro methol, and if u look carefully, the wording 'marlboro' (on the filter) is slighty different between the duty-paid and contra. therefore, a person out to catch u, who has been looking at the ciggies day-in-day-out, its easy for them to spot.

for those who are in NS, have reservist... the MP will sometime raid the camp for contraband too. think the fine is $70. so beware.

i quitted contraband years ago. not worth the trouble. the fine could easily let me buy more than 40 packs!